Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2013 7:33 AM

Aug 2011
Nappa: Vegeta, what does the scouter say about the drama level of this episode?
Vegeta: IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

In all seriousness, I really hope Love Live is getting a second season. I didn't thought I'd enjoy this show so much.
Mar 25, 2013 7:39 AM
Jun 2010
I thought the girls really gave Honoka a bad deal. She worked very hard to make the live concert the best and improve their ranking for Love Live, she sacrifices her health for it and during her recovery decisions are made without her input! The group seems find without a ultimate goal and then has the nerve to blame Honoka for being the worst?!? The group gave up on Honoka. Doing something without purpose is a waste and Honoka knows that very well. Kotori did not help matters any by hiding vital information from her very best friend...again, Honoka is done wrong. I agree with Honoka - quit while you are ahead (or behind).
Mar 25, 2013 8:54 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Just came back from reading the Japanese forums, and wow the traffic there exploded. A lot of discussions, debate and even arguments about what this shift of mood means for the series and whether this is a good development. Amazing.

Is this like a ragefest of "how dare they make those characters have to suffer and grow" or an actual discussion over what transpired from different points of views and wondering what happens next. It really wouldn't surprise me for lots of people to be freaking out over there and the show just tanks in popularity cause god forbid the cast should have to actually suffer and grow a bit instead of everything being comfortable and saccharine all the time.
Mar 25, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2010
DRAMA..... I don't want LoveLive to be depressive....

3.5/5
Mar 25, 2013 9:02 AM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Is this like a ragefest of "how dare they make those characters have to suffer and grow" or an actual discussion over what transpired from different points of views and wondering what happens next.
Both I would say, in around equal proportion. And for the ranters there are also the supporters -- when both exist the number of posts can increase much faster.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 25, 2013 9:10 AM

Nov 2010
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Is this like a ragefest of "how dare they make those characters have to suffer and grow" or an actual discussion over what transpired from different points of views and wondering what happens next.
Both I would say, in around equal proportion. And for the ranters there are also the supporters -- when both exist the number of posts can increase much faster.

For some reason, the most memorable japanese posts to me were how people were name calling Honoka, Ponoka or kuzu (scum/trash). ._.' Others were mostly talking about how Honoka has fallen to the dark side lol.

Curiousity wise, can you message me the site you go to look at japanese posts. The ones I found felt pretty repetitive. I'm curious about the debates personally.
Mar 25, 2013 9:12 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I wish some of those arguments would take place here. It sure would liven up things over here since we'd have lots more to talk about and, if anything, I could always sit back and read the popcorn. Haha!
Mar 25, 2013 9:12 AM

Nov 2009
This episode had so many things happening all over the place!!!

Although I can understand how Honoka feels and the amount of things that hit her head on such as the Love Live and her best friend Kotori leaving is a lot to take in so I can see why she would want to quit the group, it really isn't easy and life just sometimes never goes the way you want it to go.

I was very surprised as I did expect some drama but not to this extent. Sunrise really surprised me and they animated these scenes perfectly in my opinion. Luckily though, Honoka has extremely reliable friends particularly Kotori and Umi and I'm pretty sure that deep down, Honoka wants to continue but I wonder how the anime is going to end in terms of the idol group status? Are they still aiming for Love Live or will they just perform several live shows?

A second season in my opinion really needs to happen as I'm pretty sure especially with the pacing of the story now, they can create so many different stories for a potential second season. It will also be interesting to see how things will be resolved and how this series is going to end. Looking forward to the last episode of this series as I feel that it has a lot of potential!!

5/5

Mar 25, 2013 9:13 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Sounds like all forums then just at a higher volume. Personally I think it's silly to reject drama and hardship on the characters of any kind even if it's arguably fairly well executed and arguably fits with the developments of the show. I remember seeing this issue pop up with Koutara-san too.

AiCon said:
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I wish some of those arguments would take place here. It sure would liven up things over here since we'd have lots more to talk about and, if anything, I could always sit back and read the popcorn. Haha!

Most of the discussion I've seen in Western forums is people fawning over the character designs (they are disarmingly attractive) and posting fan art of favorite idols. I assume there's lots of that, I also get the impression this show is several magnitudes more popular in Japan though judging by it's pre-orders and that it just got even more attention.
PeacingOutMar 25, 2013 9:19 AM
Mar 25, 2013 9:44 AM

Sep 2012
kuroikishi said:
Curiousity wise, can you message me the site you go to look at japanese posts. The ones I found felt pretty repetitive. I'm curious about the debates personally.
There are a number of sites I checked, but here is one: http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51936426.html#comments

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Sounds like all forums then just at a higher volume. Personally I think it's silly to reject drama and hardship on the characters of any kind even if it's arguably fairly well executed and arguably fits with the developments of the show. I remember seeing this issue pop up with Koutara-san too.
Hmm.. not sure how come you say it is like all forums because I look at this forum for example I do not see much of ragefest about this last episode. But perhaps there are some other western forums that are like what I described?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 25, 2013 9:51 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
kuroikishi said:
There are a number of sites I checked, but here is one: http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51936426.html#comments

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Hmm.. not sure how come you say it is like all forums because I look at this forum for example I do not see much of ragefest about this last episode. But perhaps there are some other western forums that are like what I described?

I don't know it just strikes me as a typical reaction to any sort of hardship the cast has to go through in shows like these. People expect these shows to go a certain way following certain tropes and ideals and when they don't it's freakout and possibly also boycott time and this seems to hold especially true for Japan from what I understand. No though I haven't seen a lot of rage in western forums, but then again people don't really talk about the actual show much period as I've mentioned.
Mar 25, 2013 10:01 AM
Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Most of the discussion I've seen in Western forums is people fawning over the character designs (they are disarmingly attractive) and posting fan art of favorite idols. I assume there's lots of that, I also get the impression this show is several magnitudes more popular in Japan though judging by it's pre-orders and that it just got even more attention.
12 episodes in and they're still fawning over them? They all are attractive, but there's more to this show than cute girls doing moe things. The latest episode is the best yet in a series of great episodes. I'm now seriously considering upgrading my score from 7 to 8.
Mar 25, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I don't know it just strikes me as a typical reaction to any sort of hardship the cast has to go through in shows like these. People expect these shows to go a certain way following certain tropes and ideals and when they don't it's freakout and possibly also boycott time and this seems to hold especially true for Japan from what I understand. No though I haven't seen a lot of rage in western forums, but then again people don't really talk about the actual show much period as I've mentioned.
So it is not really "like all forums then just at a higher volume" then. I can see that for some other shows even in western forums we may see watchers posting emotional response for characters getting downtrodden or wounded or worse, but at least I think for this show I do not see much of such emotional attachment in western forums.

For the reactions, the way I see it is a lot hinge on what kind of mindset or expectation one set when he goes into watching a show. Sometimes people come watching a show with completely the wrong expectation and they can easily come out severely disappointed and will trash the work even though it has a lot of merits if viewed the right way. Sometimes people come in with the expectation reasonably set and they enjoy the show, but at some point the anime made a curve ball and then watchers have to adjust their expectations, and how well they can adjust can depend on how big the direction change is and how well the change is executed. Those who cannot adjust will vent their disappointments in forum or blog, but yet they may still keep watching and if taken as a whole the execution is deemed well the title can still retain its popularity.
symbvMar 25, 2013 10:12 AM

Mar 25, 2013 10:12 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
So it is not really "like all forums then just at a higher volume" then. The way I see it is what kind of mindset or expectation one goes into watching a show. Sometimes people come into watching a show with completely the wrong expectation and they can easily come out severely disappointed and will trash the work even though it has a lot of merits if viewed the right way. Sometimes people come in with the expectation reasonably set and they enjoy the show, but at some point the anime made a curve ball and then watchers have to adjust their expectations, and how well they can adjust can depend on how big the direction change is and how well the change is executed. Those who cannot adjust will vent their disappointments in forum or blog, but yet they may still keep watching and if taken as a whole the execution is deemed well the title can still retain its popularity.

I just want to say that seems an awfully ridiculous approach for something as short and largely innocuous as Love Live School Idol Project. I'm sorry but I really don't get that sort of mindset....like at all. Why must everything be either all good or bad and fans never able to accept responsibility for their own enjoyment of something or not. Why should a show deserve to lose all it's popularity or have to struggle to retain it just because people can't handle shifts in tone and want everything to be safe, familiar and non-threatening in the extreme. That's just utterly utterly ridiculous to me I'm sorry. It's like if somebody has an issue with a show it's automatically the shows fault and not just their perception or expectation...I mean sometimes I figure it's no small wonder anime has become so seemingly risk averse in this age of 2ch and other such internet hideouts for fandoms. I know it's not going to affect a company like Sunrise, but I can just sense the kind of pressure a lot of other smaller companies with a stricter bottom line are under when it comes to what they can "get away with" and where the line is firmly drawn for what they are allowed to do with a show. Just dumb.......then again I don't know maybe I'm just a very non-emotionally effected person compared to most people and it's all just part of a roller-coaster.

Anyway if I were to predict what were to happen, the girls would do some soul searching and manage to reform their friendship, but it goes the sports anime route of losing the big game yet growing as a team and growing in character. That's a formula I would expect Japan can relate to as it's familiar and has been done before....then again this isn't the sports anime crowd but the highly emotionally charged idol fan crowd so who knows. This is the crowd that will turn around from completely supporting you to trashing you on the internet if you break their illusions, which is kind of exactly what happened this episode so in retrospect I'm actually not surprised.
PeacingOutMar 25, 2013 10:19 AM
Mar 25, 2013 10:24 AM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I just want to say that seems an awfully ridiculous approach for something as short and largely innocuous as Love Live School Idol Project. I'm sorry but I really don't get that sort of mindset....like at all. Why must everything be either all good or bad. Why should a show deserve to lose all it's popularity or have to struggle to retain it just because people can handle shifts in tone. That's just utterly utterly ridiculous to me I'm sorry. It's like if somebody has an issue with a show it's automatically the shows fault and not just their perception...
Well, not all cannot handle shifts in tone but what I see is that people do set expectations when they start watching a show. The thing is, different genres cater for different people and their needs. You won't enjoy a show that well if you set the wrong expectation -- you can easily get frustrated because you keep seeing things you consider not needed and waste of time. My personal experience is this kind of expectation setting works most of the time. But of course if the tone is suddenly shifted in the middle, then expectation needs to be adjusted. From what I see, the issues many have with this episode is not whether a turn to some serious drama is a problem but whether there is a need to push everyone to such lows with abysmal mood and conflicts.

And yes I do agree that this can restrict the room of maneuver for many anime production because at the end the goal is to make the anime popular and to achieve that it needs to make sure that watchers are entertained.

Mar 25, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2009
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I just want to say that seems an awfully ridiculous approach for something as short and largely innocuous as Love Live School Idol Project. I'm sorry but I really don't get that sort of mindset....like at all. Why must everything be either all good or bad. Why should a show deserve to lose all it's popularity or have to struggle to retain it just because people can handle shifts in tone. That's just utterly utterly ridiculous to me I'm sorry. It's like if somebody has an issue with a show it's automatically the shows fault and not just their perception...
Well, not all cannot handle shifts in tone but what I see is that people do set expectations when they start watching a show. The thing is, different genres cater for different people and their needs. You won't enjoy a show that well if you set the wrong expectation -- you can easily get frustrated because you keep seeing things you consider not needed and waste of time. My personal experience is this kind of expectation setting works most of the time. But of course if the tone is suddenly shifted in the middle, then expectation needs to be adjusted. From what I see, the issues many have with this episode is not whether a turn to some serious drama is a problem but whether there is a need to push everyone to such lows with abysmal mood and conflicts.

And yes I do agree that this can restrict the room of maneuver for many anime production because at the end the goal is to make the anime popular and to achieve that it needs to make sure that watchers are entertained.

I agree with this and a lot of people tend to just judge shows based on the first episode which is a problem to a lot of people. There is also the thing where people constantly compare series with another similar one which is completely fine but some do it in an inappropriate way and it's a shame that some people do that. Expectations can be varied at times.

Mar 25, 2013 10:56 AM

Nov 2010
Ended up practically writing an essay here on Honoka's feelings ._.'... Feel free to ignore me.

I felt myself sympathizing with Honoka throughout instead of criticizing her.

The whole main reason for her to become a school idol was specifically to prevent the school from closing down. Even when they tried to earn a ranking for Love Live, it was to ensure the school's future. The moment that school was announced to accept applicants again, her main goal for being an idol has been accomplished for the time being (there's no guarantee next year it's going to keep it up).

Of course, gradually, trying to go to Love Live was becoming more than simply saving the school, but something she wanted to go perform on stage with everyone. However her determination and energy backfired on her and resulted in not only ending the live prematurely, but also leading the chairwoman and the group to withdraw from the participation to Love Live. Honoka, despite being a optimistic carefree character, she has a strong sense of responsibility. She was crying in front her laptop screen after seeing µ's taken down from the list, because of her own recklessness. She was overcome with anguish, remorse, and self-loathing.

The 3rd years manage to briefly push Honoka's back forward again so she gradually seems to be back to normal. But we see that the consequences of her actions have left quite an impression in her when Honoka becomes concerned about the health of everyone when they were talking about being able to continue club acitvities. She begins to see everything around her more clearly, including Kotori's worries, that Eri informs her that Kotori has been down even before the live.

When Umi took action to reveal Kotori's choice to study abroad, Honoka was most likely angry at first. The most notable part was the expression she looked at Umi with, it was out of the feeling of betrayal and being left out of the tightly knit loop the three had together. The excuse that they didn't want to worry Honoka while she preoccupied with the live was marked out when Honoka received a confirmation that Umi knew it before the live. But Kotori's words and tears changed that anger to shock and pushed Honoka back to her self-loathing that she just slightly recovered from.

We see Honoka regretting her lack of consciousness of her surroundings, and her lack of moderation. Her foundation for why she wanted to be an idol was to save the school has been accomplished. Her newfound goal aside from saving the school to go to Love Live with everyone was crushed by her own blunder. One of her best friends since childhood has kept quiet about her studying abroad the whole time, because Honoka herself was too preoccupied in her excitement to notice anything wrong with Kotori. Honoka most likely kept feeling self-loath throughout that night she sent (? maybe not?) that text message.

Her depression carries on to the next day, where Eri ends up talking about holding a "last live with the 9 members of µ's". That was twisting a knife in the wound, though it wasn't Eri's intention. Honoka's demotivating/insensitive words toward the group was an accumulation of all her negative thoughts that gathered the night before. It might have been actually not intended to be directed to the group, but actually to her own self. Honoka's attempt to leave the group seemed like an attempt to run away from the "last live" that she thinks she caused herself.
kuroikishiMar 25, 2013 11:27 AM
Mar 25, 2013 10:57 AM
Jun 2010
Here's an idea for season 2 of Love Live...Honoka is recruited by ARISE to be center stage for the group as their lead singer is graduating. Honoka finds some resistance to joining this elite group, and there is a sub-plot too! Come to find our Nico is so jealous she is trying to sabotage Honoka's selection! Others from the previous season do not make it easy as Muse continues with new members, too! Little sisters to the rescue kind of stuff. Meanwhile, Honoka in ARISE and her little sister in Muse has the household in competition! It could be exciting. I am available to write the script...call me!
Mar 25, 2013 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
tunesworth said:
Here's an idea for season 2 of Love Live...Honoka is recruited by ARISE to be center stage for the group as their lead singer is graduating. Honoka finds some resistance to joining this elite group, and there is a sub-plot too! Come to find our Nico is so jealous she is trying to sabotage Honoka's selection! Others from the previous season do not make it easy as Muse continues with new members, too! Little sisters to the rescue kind of stuff. Meanwhile, Honoka in ARISE and her little sister in Muse has the household in competition! It could be exciting. I am available to write the script...call me!
You're killing me bruh! You're killin me!
Mar 25, 2013 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
kuroikishi said:
Ended up practically writing an essay here on Honoka's feelings ._.'... Feel free to ignore me.
Thanks for your succinct writing and I think you have pretty nailed it as an analysis of Honoka's feeling and the general development of things in this episode. I have seen quite a bit of similar analyses in Japanese forums but not as detailed and clear as what you write here.

Mar 25, 2013 11:23 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
kuroikishi said:
Thanks for your succinct writing and I think you have pretty nailed it as an analysis of Honoka's feeling and the general development of things in this episode. I have seen quite a bit of similar analyses in Japanese forums but not as detailed and clear as what you write here.

Yeah it's always nice to see people rationally try to parse through a characters development as it's been presented in order to determine the consistency and intrigue level of it as opposed to imposing their desires for the characters development on the show and arguing fault if those desires aren't fulfilled. Personally I'm surprised that her character went in that direction and find it unusually interesting. I mean again I'm not a frequent viewer of this type of show, but I don't get the sense that the genki girl types usually have to question their own strengths and faults as much as Honoka has over the last couple episodes of Love Live! Usually things just seem to automatically work out right away for them. I also agree with symbv that it's a matter of keeping the audience entertained and engaged, something that the producers at Sunrise usually seem to have a handle on regardless of the type of show being produced. Whether everyone can handle that sort of thing I think is totally up to the viewers own personality and rigidity or lack thereof.

Also after looking at the link posted by symbv again and struggling through the google translate I can also say it doesn't look all that much unlike a lot of Western forum posts albeit with a much greater volume of posts and general confusion as to how the blog post achieved so much feedback. Other than that the comments strike me as business as usual and about what you'd expect for a penultimate episode and as far as I know I didn't see any of those calls for boycott you sometimes hear about, though I get the sense those are only reserved for big time scandals like with Tari Tari. Not nearly as bad as something I would expect to see on 4chan after all.
Mar 25, 2013 12:29 PM

May 2012
school is saved, forfeit the love live, and kotori is leaving she lost the reason to continue.. im glad its ending next ep :)

Mar 25, 2013 2:09 PM
Nov 2012
Umi-chan had to smack a bitch.
Mar 25, 2013 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
Man dem feels guys
All of that just makes u feel down
All them tears that fell it is so sad
Hopefully they do something to make it back to be more happy
Mar 25, 2013 2:37 PM

Jun 2012
Well that was kind of dramatic, but it's the last conflict. Honoka is just really depressed and doesn't feel like there is a point anymore, but quitting doesn't really do anything either.

Mar 25, 2013 3:17 PM

Nov 2008
pikel-kun said:
Personally, I'd have been pissed too if my friend didn't tell me something like that until right before she leaves. And that slap at the end pissed me off as well. That wasn't a "slap some sense into her" moment. Felt out of place and wrong, I would have beat her ass for that slap.

lol I was wondering if someone would post that- as I figured there would be tons of hate thrown on Honoka when I can easily see why shed be acting both depressed and 'angry' the slap was misplaced - in 'reality' Umi would likely find herself slapped right back - its not as if Umi helped the situation at all. You have someone who has both accomplished their intended goal - theres a minus in motivation - learned your best friend didnt tell you something that important because you were 'busy' (seemed more like an excuse) and Umi knows and waits until the situation is untenable to finally say something..

And to be blunt after the concert I get why you cant talk with Honoka shes sick and sprained her ankle needs bit of R and R - But uh you can wait the what week or so and then talk to her if her opinion is THAT important rather then "well shes sick so no talky" and then "well we made a group decision because the chairwoman was worried and didnt wait for your opinion" Honoka really does have every reason to feel depressed - to feel betrayed - to feel angry - and to feel like everything is her fault . (We can easily go into the other characters too but im just sticking with mostly Honoka since thats where the discussion seems to almost entirely be)

Yvese said:

So glad Umi slapped some sense into Honoka!

She sort of missed the sense slap moment by some say earlier in Honokas monologue I would argue if you want to say Honoka was blind to everything around her as she claims Umi had the ability and Knowledge to both enlighten and inform Honoka without a bitch slap and some rather terrible insults .. By simply going to her and Dragging Kotori if she has to and 'talking' about it with Honoka.
sirwenceMar 25, 2013 4:34 PM
Mar 25, 2013 3:56 PM

Aug 2008
Honoka's gonna fuckin smash Umi in the face next ep holy shit it's over!
Mar 25, 2013 4:10 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
As people were watching a show about Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, a good story broke out. ;)
Mar 25, 2013 4:35 PM

Nov 2012
Wow what dramatic episode. loved it though. Seriously Honoka wtf?
Mar 25, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
sirwence said:
She sort of missed the sense slap moment by some say earlier in Honokas monologue I would argue if you want to say Honoka was blind to everything around her as she claims Umi had the ability and Knowledge to both enlighten and inform Honoka without a bitch slap and some rather terrible insults .. By simply going to her and Dragging Kotori if she has to and 'talking' about it with Honoka.

Sometimes when a person is that hateful towards themselves then just talking about it won't get through to them.
Mar 25, 2013 5:17 PM

Nov 2008
River-Chan said:
sirwence said:

Sometimes when a person is that hateful towards themselves then just talking about it won't get through to them.

Well that sort of ignores the larger point of the hours days .. weeks.. etc to work this out and Umi did nothing to help the situation and now the Idea to fix it is a hard slap and uncalled for insults? Umi may have earned a slap herself- we can go on abut Honoka all we want but Neither Umi nor Kotori (nor really the group on the LL pull out without even making it a full group discussion) "had it right" in any context-
sirwenceMar 25, 2013 5:20 PM
Mar 25, 2013 8:10 PM

Oct 2007
Cratex said:
As people were watching a show about Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, a good story broke out. ;)

lol the first mistake would be thinking Sunrise would produce a strictly cute girls doing cute things series. You just have to look at the studio resume to see the producers love pushing stories that involve the cast suffering and experiencing severe self-doubt and/or loss at some point or another, but if you want to simply take the word of someone that has seen a disproportionate amount of their stuff I can say I'm not really surprised in the slightest. I honestly wouldn't completely count out a bittersweet ending, but I still don't think it's going to happen here.

Also funny to see some people suggesting last week about Honoka dying and obviously it's a joke, but I never count out something happening when these guys are involved. We're talking a history of contempt for the mental and physical well-being of casts that far surpasses the likes of Gen Urobuchi. They especially like sucker punching whoever the main character is by essentially taking away everything they care about and either forcing them to take it back by overcoming some sort of trial of character or just altogether burning out to make sure it doesn't happen to someone else and this seems to go regardless of whatever staff is put on a project or not.
PeacingOutMar 25, 2013 8:16 PM
Mar 26, 2013 12:01 AM

Nov 2010
symbv said:
kuroikishi said:

I forgot to mention this, thanks for the website link too ^^

I made a collection of Honoka's expressions in this episode lol. It shows her gradual changes in expressions from happiness to regret to moving forward to falling into despair.

Mar 26, 2013 1:53 AM

Jan 2011
Mar 26, 2013 2:25 AM

Jul 2008
lol they brought Honoka to a crazy roller coaster ride of sorts throughout the series and then they get mad at her towards the end for finally reaching her breaking point. LOL yeah, it's entirely her fault, good job other girls.

LOL
Mar 26, 2013 2:43 AM

Oct 2007
They actually make more sense than her. If anyone is to blame for current situation (besides Kotori of course) it would be Honoka, other girls aren't as guilty.

I didn't like this episode (but can't deny it was good), too much drama for me, I'd prefer if this show had brighter mood. Hopefully final episode and season 2 (obvious with 18,429 sales first week) will deliver.
Mar 26, 2013 7:48 AM

Jun 2010
Holy shit, this is actually unexpected. Is this what happened in the original story or they just changed it? I think this could've been better with 26 episodes.

Kotori is actually leaving? I thought she won't but it looks like... Wew.

The drama here better than better than Sakurasou's
-MgZ_Mar 26, 2013 9:03 AM
Mar 26, 2013 10:36 AM

Jan 2013
awww so sad
Mar 26, 2013 2:01 PM

Apr 2012
after 10 episode of rage I feel out whenever I saw Honoka's dumb face, this the very first time I cared for her, and I may even love her if she slap the shit out of Umi's mega stupid face. And NO ONE TO BLAME KOTORI, NO ONE!! She's as pure as snow and never intended to do bad things in the first place. oh well
Mar 26, 2013 2:24 PM

Oct 2011
There's gotta be a second season! I can kinda sympathise with Honoka - if my best friend didn't tell me she was leaving the country for school until two weeks before I'd be pretty annoyed, too. Umi slapping her felt a bit over the top, but I guess she doesn't want to see all of Honoka's hard work go down the drain.

Not participating in Love Live was a big shock, especially after they got to #10. Hoping everything gets better soon T__T
Mar 26, 2013 3:24 PM

Dec 2011
Well, they sure do change a lot over the course of a single episode.

And there's going to have to be a lot happening in the next episode to resolve things. Otherwise, the group is just going to fall apart.

That does happen, but this series doesn't seem the sort where something like that happens.

It's been a while since I last watched 12 episodes of the same anime in a single day, but now I have to wait for the last episode. I really didn't expect to become that addicted to it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 26, 2013 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

It's been a while since I last watched 12 episodes of the same anime in a single day, but now I have to wait for the last episode. I really didn't expect to become that addicted to it.

Welcome to the club then :D

You should go on youtube to search for Love Live! music. You can get addict to it as well.
Mar 26, 2013 3:54 PM

Sep 2012
I seem to be the only one who thinks we're being MAJORLY trolled by the show. THINK about it!!!

It is what I expected anyways, to take us to the brink of despair... and then, miraculously next week Kotori won't go abroad to study fashion after all or at least not until next year rather than in two weeks; Honoka will un-quit, they will be back in LoveLove!... or in season 2 they will win it.

After all, we already have concert footage of them in LoveLive! And Kotori is there, and Honoka... If Kotori actually leaves then this is an alternate universe... so unless this is actually a VN now and we are in the losing route... I think it will all get fixed very quickly.

They have to win it this school year because three of them are 3rd years, 17 years old which means they will graduate at the end of the year. So they have to do another LoveLive! this year even if they don't win it, they have to perform on the LoveLive! stage as IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED. Watch the PV videos, they are performing on the LoveLive! stage... Is it a spoiler to say I watched the PVs and listened to the FORTY SONGS THEY ALREADY RECORDED!?!

So the only question for me is... will they fix all this up and resolve it next episode or next season? Mark my words, Kotori isn't leaving before they win LoveLive! and neither is Honoka!
Mar 26, 2013 4:02 PM

Dec 2011
hpulley said:
I seem to be the only one who thinks we're being MAJORLY trolled by the show. THINK about it!!!

It is what I expected anyways, to take us to the brink of despair... and then, miraculously next week Kotori won't go abroad to study fashion after all or at least not until next year rather than in two weeks; Honoka will un-quit, they will be back in LoveLove!... or in season 2 they will win it.

After all, we already have concert footage of them in LoveLive! And Kotori is there, and Honoka... If Kotori actually leaves then this is an alternate universe... so unless this is actually a VN now and we are in the losing route... I think it will all get fixed very quickly.

They have to win it this school year because three of them are 3rd years, 17 years old which means they will graduate at the end of the year. So they have to do another LoveLive! this year even if they don't win it, they have to perform on the LoveLive! stage as IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED. Watch the PV videos, they are performing on the LoveLive! stage... Is it a spoiler to say I watched the PVs and listened to the FORTY SONGS THEY ALREADY RECORDED!?!

So the only question for me is... will they fix all this up and resolve it next episode or next season? Mark my words, Kotori isn't leaving before they win LoveLive! and neither is Honoka!

Come to think of it maybe we are getting trolled but I feel like Love Live may come in season 2 maybe.
Mar 26, 2013 4:36 PM
Mar 2013
hpulley said:

lol you take the fun out of the unknown (jk), but yes I agree. From the very first episode we saw who the members were, also the stage of Love Live unless that is just something else. They might have given us the ending from the start but its the work up to it that makes it fun.

I do think Kotori and Honoka will stay put. I just dont see Kotori leaving her friends and something shes grown to love same with Honoka leaving the group. More then likely we will get a resolve at the end of the episode and then tease for a second season.
Mar 26, 2013 4:39 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, great episode. Too bad next time will probably be the cliched "everything miraculously works out just in time" episode.
Mar 26, 2013 5:02 PM

Sep 2011
kuroikishi said:

Awesome analysis and I agree 100%. I think in this context that the slap at the end was the absolute WORST think Umi could do. She did not understand at all why Honoka felt as she did and the slap is going to isolate Honoka even more. Honoka is already feeling betrayed and seeing that the group of 3 has gone to a 2 + 1 and this is going to reinforce it more. I was surprised she didn't slug her back!

And really .. Kotori may be shy but her excuse for not talking to Honoka was pretty lame. If she really wanted her advice then she should have asked it, not just informed her after it's a done deal!

Anyway .. genki girls are allowed to have bad days so they should have given her some space!!!
Mar 26, 2013 5:11 PM
Feb 2007
kuroikishi said:

Her depression carries on to the next day, where Eri ends up talking about holding a "last live with the 9 members of µ's". That was twisting a knife in the wound, though it wasn't Eri's intention. Honoka's demotivating/insensitive words toward the group was an accumulation of all her negative thoughts that gathered the night before. It might have been actually not intended to be directed to the group, but actually to her own self. Honoka's attempt to leave the group seemed like an attempt to run away from the "last live" that she thinks she caused herself.

This. Is pretty much what I think Honoka feels that time. Well said.

I'm really hoping for a second season. It might not be as powerful as the first season but I'm sure gonna miss those girls once Love Live ends next week. ;_;
Mar 26, 2013 5:30 PM

Sep 2012
gab3n said:
hpulley said:

lol you take the fun out of the unknown (jk), but yes I agree. From the very first episode we saw who the members were, also the stage of Love Live unless that is just something else. They might have given us the ending from the start but its the work up to it that makes it fun.

I do think Kotori and Honoka will stay put. I just dont see Kotori leaving her friends and something shes grown to love same with Honoka leaving the group. More then likely we will get a resolve at the end of the episode and then tease for a second season.

Sorry, I am a real buzzkill today, aren't I? LOL

I agree though, forget the PVs, the nine of them are shown on the LoveLive! stage in the OP every episode, duh! How did I forget that? I guess you watch it 12 times or more and you forget. So we all know the nine of them perform at LoveLive! They have to, Have To, HAVE TO!

And I agree, the journey is more important than the destination here. It has been a wonderful journey and I hope it isn't over yet!
Mar 26, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2011
I'm sadden that Kotori is leaving...

Can she just postpone her plans and wait till she graduates?

Come on!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM

» This is the best anime/franchise of all time

Kayroad - Dec 15, 2023

13 by Ziyado »»
Dec 17, 2023 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.