Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 23, 2013 2:06 PM

May 2009
Now it's 99% Masuzu end. Meh, Ai still best.
Mar 23, 2013 2:12 PM
Sep 2011
Kumagawa said:
NitroClown said:
Also wasn't there five "angels" in the notebook?

maybe if they end up making a second season the "fifth angel" will end up being kaoru

I find this hilarious, if this was anything other than anime then Kaoru would be the "gay guy". It says so much about this medium that it is more likely that he is actually a girl in discuise, and yet it is the reason why I love anime so much.
Oh and I still want someone to answer me this question:
Edl01 said:
If Eita was literally standing at the edge of a cliff, so why was Mana cycling directly towards him?
If he wasn't there to stop her she would have tumbled over the edge to her death...it isn't like he was walking down the street or anything, if he would have listened to her and moved then she would have died. And on that thought...why was she cycling at high speeds towards the cliff? Does she have a death wish? It would make sense though considering how angry she was at Eito for SAVING HER LIFE.
edl01Mar 23, 2013 2:19 PM
Mar 23, 2013 2:13 PM

Jul 2010
I sense a Masuzu ending! I'm really excited!!!
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Mar 23, 2013 2:24 PM

Jun 2012
Is this a One piece reference? i love her now

Mar 23, 2013 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
I still had hopes that Chiwa would somehow end up winning, but Masuzu has way too many flags at this point. I'll accept it as long as Ai doesn't win.
Mar 23, 2013 2:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
edl01 said:

If you insist.

edl01 said:
Edl01 said:
If Eita was literally standing at the edge of a cliff, so why was Mana cycling directly towards him?
If he wasn't there to stop her she would have tumbled over the edge to her death...it isn't like he was walking down the street or anything, if he would have listened to her and moved then she would have died. And on that thought...why was she cycling at high speeds towards the cliff? Does she have a death wish? It would make sense though considering how angry she was at Eito for SAVING HER LIFE.
She was trying to recreate that scene from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Mar 23, 2013 2:54 PM
Sep 2011
Cratex said:
edl01 said:

If you insist.

edl01 said:
Edl01 said:
She was trying to recreate that scene from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

It makes sense... kindof... I think... Actually that reminds me, didn't Shaft show an interest in making a season 2 for Denpa Onna, I wonder what happened to that.
Mar 23, 2013 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
A one piece reference was made :)
Mar 23, 2013 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
bastek66 said:

Indeed. I fully agree to this.
Mar 23, 2013 3:13 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
edl01 said:
Actually that reminds me, didn't Shaft show an interest in making a season 2 for Denpa Onna, I wonder what happened to that.
They were talking about it, but apparently it got put on the back burner for other projects. Not to long ago I read an unconfirmed source saying maybe 2014.
Mar 23, 2013 3:21 PM

Feb 2011
Great episode , can't wait for the next one .
Mar 23, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2011
I have no idea who will win it will be very interesting who Eita picks. Sad that next week will be the last episode.
Mar 23, 2013 4:32 PM

Feb 2012
bastek66 said:

Damn Ai got owned hard there by Eita.

Loved the episode, when you look at it right, it's the best for Eita to end up with Masuzu.
Mar 23, 2013 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
TheLilyanna said:
Is this a One piece reference? i love her now

I realized that too xD

I'm hoping for a Ai ending

1º Ai 2º Masuzu 3º Chiwa 4º Hime
Mar 23, 2013 4:59 PM

Jan 2013
I literally just face palmed and let out a "wtf?" when Ai got hit by the wave. It was worth it.
Mar 23, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2012
Got my fingers crossed for a Eita x Masuzu ending! Don't fuck this up anime! lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Mar 23, 2013 5:17 PM

Nov 2012
Kinda sad that this anime is nearing the end... As for the ending, well I don't really have any expectations.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 23, 2013 5:48 PM

Apr 2010
Masuzu is definitely the worst girl out of the group the question is when will Eita realise this?
That there much better girls in front of him who like him but he wont pay attention to them guess his ideas against love just make him blind.
Mar 23, 2013 6:12 PM

Jun 2012
Haha, great episode. Even I have some feelings for it now, since I like the characters. I really like that it's a harem, but they are all friends anyway. I wonder what the ending will be like, looking forward to it!

5/5.

Mar 23, 2013 6:12 PM

Dec 2009
bastek66 said:

That scene killed me.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 23, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2012
"i have finally conquered the grandline hahahahahahaha"
"Im feeling it tonight roflcopterskatesbbq"
Mar 23, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2013
Aversa said:
Masuzu is definitely the worst girl out of the group the question is when will Eita realise this?
That there much better girls in front of him who like him but he wont pay attention to them guess his ideas against love just make him blind.

but Masuzu really does love Eita D:
Mar 23, 2013 6:54 PM

Jul 2012
Huh, this episode was actually half decent
*sigh* well, I guess Masuzu isnt that bad, although I still feel about for Chiwa D:

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Mar 23, 2013 7:03 PM

Apr 2011
Concerning the tire screeching into his butt cheeks, rite from the back rite?
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 23, 2013 7:04 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like the series is gonna end with the Masuzu route. Even though I knew it was probably going to end this way I'm still rooting for Ai to win :D
Mar 23, 2013 8:06 PM

May 2012
ROTFL on AI being swept by wave.. I even like more Masuzu this series ...I like Ai but its impossible for him to win the MC, theres no strong build up with her relationship to eita.. If im in Eita's shoe its just either chiwa or masuzu..

Mar 23, 2013 8:12 PM

Aug 2011
was really a great episode, i love the developing in it

btw guys, if u don't mind which chapter are we now? in this episode
Mar 23, 2013 8:22 PM

Mar 2013
yes, i want to know too. What volume and/or chapter is the series ending?
Mar 23, 2013 9:05 PM
Sep 2007
Love Masuzu's development this episode, especially the bit about returning Eita to Chiwa.

The series will end on a Masuzu note but it doesn't mean that she's gonna get the guy. 12 episodes in and the girls' consensus have consistently pointed to Chiwa as forerunner for Eita's heart. Masuzu herself understood the implications of Eita's life-goal to be a doctor even Eita may not have yet realised it himself.

I think the series will end with a significant milestone for Masuzu to mount a credible challenge on Eita. As it stands, the fake relationship is an hindrance to forging a REAL romance with Eita than aiding it. And so we'll have a Masuzu-centric harem end with none of the girls coming close to being a serious threat to Chiwa. I hope this paves the way for a season 2 where Masuzu can shake Chiwa dominance and give us more rom-com/drama.

Having said all that, Ai's still my fav girl in the show :)
Mar 23, 2013 9:08 PM

Aug 2012
Why has Masuzu's sister completely changed personality? AAAAghh so frustrating to watch at times.

Bleh 1 more episode to go, hopefully a lot of romantic development for the finale...
Mar 23, 2013 9:24 PM

Mar 2013
Tbh everyone has good in them. Even the most evil person has good in 'em, even Hitler (Yes, hitler.)
Mar 23, 2013 9:37 PM

Feb 2012
I think it's obvious already who he'll choose, Musuzu. If not, Ai, step it up!! I just hope it's not an open harem ending where he chooses no one (unless there's a second season). I'd get pissed otherwise.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 23, 2013 10:04 PM

May 2008
Really starting to love this the way things are going down woohoo.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 23, 2013 10:21 PM

May 2011
OMG OMG OMG. Masuzu showing the reminder of becoming a doctor for Chiwa might mean that Chiwa is winning! YEAAAHHHHH-

-aaaannnndddd it's gone.

Dammit, that imouto put thoughts of Masuzu being a respectable human in his head. Bah, bad imouto, bad!
Mar 23, 2013 10:57 PM

Mar 2013
It made me teary when Masuzu got jealous because of the doctor thing between Eita and Chiwa :c
Mar 23, 2013 11:58 PM
Dec 2012
AaobaChan said:
"i have finally conquered the grandline hahahahahahaha"

Well, Luffy won't let that happened. He will come and kick her ass xD
Mar 24, 2013 1:05 AM

Nov 2012
Nice episode, and being a beach-themed one, it delivered in the fan service department. Ai's knockers took me by surprise, I'd underestimated her *¬*.
I'm rooting for Ai but the way things are I'm expecting a Masuzu ending or an open ending leading to a second season (hopefully so, taking into account the LN).
So Masuzu is suddenly having a change of heart and decides she'll release Eita after the trip, and also realizes all the bad things she's done (indirectly) to Chiwa. For a moment a Chiwa ending is hinted at, but then Mana shows up and gives Masuzu further depth and support, so we'll have to see. It seemed a little forced to me only because it was all in one episode, but at least the way it happens is believable (except for that bike accident for rule of fun).
Though it could also be that Masuzu might just be pretending all of that "oh, I had a change of heart, I'm such a terrible and hideous person, I don't deserve you cause I stole you from Chiwawa"-thing just to manipulate Eita into choosing her knowing that she can't win the contest, coupled with that nice "watermelons grab" as a bonus. But still, I don't think she could be such a bitch (also, I haven't read the LN). I'd like to think she has definitely changed (or shown her true self) and is not reacting like that only because she's starting to feel alone and at a disadvantage with the other girls.
Now, off to watch HXH :3.
kchorrex2012Mar 24, 2013 1:38 AM
Mar 24, 2013 1:18 AM
Feb 2012
Ughh whats up with great anime this season being ruined by bad writing at the very end of the season ? Kotoura and now this :x

Eita has absolutely no reason to keep up this lie. And now they are just going to flat out force a Masuzu ship with nothing to remotely to support it ? This just feels like one massive train wreck.

I am till rooting for a troll ending and have kaoru suddenly show up at the end and win the contest. But I think we all know exactly how it will end :/

To be honest almost every girl including Kaoru has atleast some character development to support a ship ending for them. All excepts Masuzu, they have no relationship and no feeling between them. Hell even Mana has more character development to support a shipping.

But sadly we will see some absurd level of bad writing next episode with a whole true love destined to help one another heal crap written out of thin air. The only relationship the two have is the Manipulator and the Manipulatee.

However I can see the last episode redeeming itself in one way. Masuzu wins the contest with help with Eita's deception and Eita ends up confessing to Masuzu after. Masu then rejects his display of love and decides that Chiwa much deserves/need his attention. One of her main faults is that she struggles making self-less decisions that doesnt directly benefit herself. By Masuzu making a self-less act, it is a great way for her to heal and grow as a person.

If I were to rate the ships I most hope for it be Hime>Chiwa>Kaoru>Ai>Mana
renrinkenMar 24, 2013 1:32 AM
Mar 24, 2013 2:16 AM

Nov 2011
An Ai ending would be the best ending, but I don't seriously expect one of those to happen.

Still... it's going to take a lot more than one episode to suddenly make Masuzu likeable.
Mar 24, 2013 2:29 AM

Mar 2013
renrinken said:
Ughh whats up with great anime this season being ruined by bad writing at the very end of the season ? Kotoura and now this :x

Eita has absolutely no reason to keep up this lie. And now they are just going to flat out force a Masuzu ship with nothing to remotely to support it ? This just feels like one massive train wreck.

I am till rooting for a troll ending and have kaoru suddenly show up at the end and win the contest. But I think we all know exactly how it will end :/

To be honest almost every girl including Kaoru has atleast some character development to support a ship ending for them. All excepts Masuzu, they have no relationship and no feeling between them. Hell even Mana has more character development to support a shipping.

But sadly we will see some absurd level of bad writing next episode with a whole true love destined to help one another heal crap written out of thin air. The only relationship the two have is the Manipulator and the Manipulatee.

However I can see the last episode redeeming itself in one way. Masuzu wins the contest with help with Eita's deception and Eita ends up confessing to Masuzu after. Masu then rejects his display of love and decides that Chiwa much deserves/need his attention. One of her main faults is that she struggles making self-less decisions that doesnt directly benefit herself. By Masuzu making a self-less act, it is a great way for her to heal and grow as a person.

If I were to rate the ships I most hope for it be Hime>Chiwa>Kaoru>Ai>Mana

its because Eita loves Masuzu (vice versa)
They just use the "fake bf/gf" as an excuse
Mar 24, 2013 2:35 AM
Feb 2012
Egoi said:

The problem is throughout the entire season, Eita has shown little emotional attraction to Masuzu, only physical attraction. Same applies to Masuzu. Her only emotional react towards Eita came about because of Loneliness and not a reaction from actual affection. There has been absolutely zero development done in their relationship. Thoughout the entire series they havent grown closer to each other. Their relationship is virtually identical to how it was in the second episode. ((prior to the forced Masuzu shipping in this and last episode of course))

But now they are forcing this whole "I been in love this whole time", where its very obvious it was never written in any other part of the anime. I would be completely fine with a Masuzu ship, problem is the writting simply doesnt support it. Its forced 100%. They literally retconned the entire series.

EDIT: A little to add. All the female casts have actual reasons why they fell in love with Eita. For Chiwa it was Eita devotion to her during hard times. For Hime it was the connect they have with the "Middle School 2nd Year Syndrome" as well Eita actually treats her normal compared to other boys. Ai is a little less concrete, but you can say they hold charished memories and promises together. You can also apply to why Eita would like these girls.

Yet Masu and Eita has no real supporting scenes to show why they would like each other. For Masu its "I like Eita because I am lonely and no one else knows the real me", and for Eita its "Shes broken and she needs me to fix her, also shes pretty".

Both reasons are extremely shallow and shows poor lazy writing. It truly is a shame they are forcing this ship when Eita/Masu has such little actual romantic development yet all the other girls has been developed to such a further extent.
renrinkenMar 24, 2013 2:55 AM
Mar 24, 2013 3:43 AM

Dec 2012
Himecchi (and Ai T____T) is definitely out of the contest. The anime is hinting towards Masuzu, but I wouldn't count Chiwa out. Chiwa precisely because she has been with him for so long and being his childhood friend and all, and also considering how Masuzu reminded him of his promise to Chiwa.

I do hope that he ends up with Masuzu, since Ai is out of the picture now.
Mar 24, 2013 4:48 AM

Sep 2012
Really hoping for a Masuzu or Ai ending. Chiwa is just annoying and Himeka is dull and boring

Actually, to be honest I'm just glad it's ending next week
Mar 24, 2013 4:55 AM

Oct 2009
Definitely Masuzu ending! If not, I'm gonna be really disappointed.
Mar 24, 2013 5:22 AM

Mar 2013
Stop hating on Masuzu <3
Mar 24, 2013 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
Given the lack of plot points I don't see that ending happening. Or that there even will be one. While the situation with those two changes (won't spoil that) the show IS based on an ungoing manga that hasn't ended.

Also the fact we have 13 eps, strongly hints to a S2. As almost every show I have ever seen with 13 eps always gets a 2nd season with 13 more for a total of 26.

Still Them Melons.
Mar 24, 2013 5:35 AM

Dec 2011
Oh crap. They reached the end of the notebook! She is finally letting Eita go.
Now I wonder what will Eita do now??? This episode felt better than I thought.

LOL at the melons part! Ahahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2013 5:44 AM

Nov 2009
The Beach scene was good and we see that the members of the group truly care for the club and Masuzu for creating it.

I wonder how this series will end and what will Eita decide on in terms of the possible freedom Masuzu will grant him!?

Looking forward to the final episode!!!

5/5

Mar 24, 2013 6:19 AM

Aug 2012
Finally, the obligatory beach episode. And that melons part, can't stop laughing while watching that scene.

For the final episode, I can only think of two things: Either Eita will end up with Masuzu, or a harem ending.

My Youtube page: link
Mar 24, 2013 7:07 AM

Jun 2011
renrinken said:
Egoi said:

The problem is throughout the entire season, Eita has shown little emotional attraction to Masuzu, only physical attraction. Same applies to Masuzu. Her only emotional react towards Eita came about because of Loneliness and not a reaction from actual affection. There has been absolutely zero development done in their relationship. Thoughout the entire series they havent grown closer to each other. Their relationship is virtually identical to how it was in the second episode. ((prior to the forced Masuzu shipping in this and last episode of course))

But now they are forcing this whole "I been in love this whole time", where its very obvious it was never written in any other part of the anime. I would be completely fine with a Masuzu ship, problem is the writting simply doesnt support it. Its forced 100%. They literally retconned the entire series.

EDIT: A little to add. All the female casts have actual reasons why they fell in love with Eita. For Chiwa it was Eita devotion to her during hard times. For Hime it was the connect they have with the "Middle School 2nd Year Syndrome" as well Eita actually treats her normal compared to other boys. Ai is a little less concrete, but you can say they hold charished memories and promises together. You can also apply to why Eita would like these girls.

Yet Masu and Eita has no real supporting scenes to show why they would like each other. For Masu its "I like Eita because I am lonely and no one else knows the real me", and for Eita its "Shes broken and she needs me to fix her, also shes pretty".

Both reasons are extremely shallow and shows poor lazy writing. It truly is a shame they are forcing this ship when Eita/Masu has such little actual romantic development yet all the other girls has been developed to such a further extent.

Hime has hardly been a rival. Chiwa and Ai's backstories were well done (The former more than the latter). The only reason Masuzu hasn't gotten a whole lot of development is because the writers are focusing on the club as a whole bringing her out of her shell, and because her arc was left for last.

I really like that the writers are emphasizing friendship rather than wholesale romance, it was definitely very touching to see that the rest of the club wasn't purposely excluding Masuzu.

As for final shipping, I'm not expecting anything concrete. Besides the fact that the light novel/manga only started recently, it feels like Masuzu's arc has been more about getting her to open to others - something the season has been working towards by emphasizing the way she's touched the other girls' lives.
GenomaxMar 24, 2013 7:13 AM
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

471 by Apratim »»
Apr 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

171 by Apratim »»
Apr 3, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

168 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

150 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2013

167 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.