Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 25, 2013 3:14 AM

Aug 2010
OH MY GOD KOMARI-MAX SHUT UP! Seriously, I know people have different tastes and that what one might find repulsive is a source of joy for others, but the mere fact that there are people without hearing impairment who do not cringe the moment she opens her mouth is beyond my understanding. There are a few voice actresses whose voice irks me for some reason, but this performance is beyond any kind of wretchedness I can sit through. Sorry, had to get it out of my system. Not to mention she is hogging all the time that could be spent on the other characters. Mio and Haruka get like 2-3 lines an episode after their arcs are over. Kurugaya even less.

The Rin and Riki scenes were quite enjoyable to watch though 3/5.

It would seem that the last two episodes would focus on the baseball game. JC. Staff you better animate Kurugaya's route one way or another, you managed to adapt this without messing up completely so far, don't ruin it now.
Mar 25, 2013 3:23 AM

Sep 2012
Mogami-kun said:
OH MY GOD KOMARI-MAX SHUT UP! Seriously, I know people have different tastes and that what one might find repulsive is a source of joy for others, but the mere fact that there are people without hearing impairment who do not cringe the moment she opens her mouth is beyond my understanding. There are a few voice actresses whose voice irks me for some reason, but this performance is beyond any kind of wretchedness I can sit through. Sorry, had to get it out of my system. Not to mention she is hogging all the time that could be spent on the other characters. Mio and Haruka get like 2-3 lines an episode after their arcs are over. Kurugaya even less.

It would seem that the last two episodes would focus on the baseball game. JC. Staff you better animate Kurugaya's route one way or another, you managed to adapt this without messing up completely so far, don't ruin it now.

Relax dude. Like her voice or not, you can't deny the reason why Komari gets more screen time.
Mar 25, 2013 4:01 AM

Jan 2013
Mogami-kun said:

There is no need for a hearing impairment. You'll simply get used to it one day, unless you continue kicking up a fuss every single time you hear her voice -_-
And she's already improved a lot since the VN. Seriously, all that complaining...

Also, her screentime is plentily justified since Komari holds the most significant role among the 5 heroines, namely being Rin's best friend.
Sure, I wouldn't mind the other heroines get more screentime in the common route, but as you know, time is very limited for this Anime.
Mar 25, 2013 4:38 AM

Sep 2012
I love Komari's parts and think the voice acting suits her character perfectly. Don't mind it at all!
Mar 25, 2013 4:59 AM

Nov 2010
I think I should confess that Komari is one of my most favorite heroine in LB...

...because her positiveness reminds me a lot of my girlfriend

Err, well, putting that aside,I'm not really fond of Komari as a heroine and main drama material (that's the only part where her voice didn't really suit me), but as a support? She's stellar.
Mar 25, 2013 5:14 AM

Sep 2011
Kitsu-nee said:
egnaro315 said:
SleepingEntity said:
SOU. YESOU.

That scene doesn't get any less funny no matter how many times I watch it.

Still think they need to make Mio After.

It makes you wonder how Midori turned out so normal compared to her other imaginary friends.

Nope.

Mar 25, 2013 5:21 AM

Apr 2012
Vladz0r said:
sushi55 said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Another great episode!
The adaption is getting better and better. Friendship is getting more important ever week. Hurray for Komarin!
I'm glad that Mio got to show off her skills.
Also, wise move to make even more Refrain foreshadowing. Time for those Idiots who think LB is just about a bunch of children doing nothing to eat dirt.

Seriously. This adaptation has a lower rating than Umineko; that's pushing it way too far.

>Implying the rating of less than half an adaptation is any representation of the actual series.
Idk, the common route execution could be (much) better, but Refrain is the meat of Little Busters.
I couldn't give the Little Busters VN more than a 7.5 overall if I only read the common route and 4 character routes, and had little knowledge of the Secret of the World. It just doesn't reach too much of a purpose in the first season alone.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/13655/Little_Busters!/stats
There are still ~20,000 people watching it according to myanimelist, despite those who have dropped it, and a lot of people haven't put in their ratings, so it's likely to change a bit after the season's over.

But yeah, it's too early to speak about it. I'm just glad there are apparently a lot of people following it, and hopefully more will come join us for the bus ride next season.

Um, I don't get it, but all's cool I guess. I'm only halfway through the novel anyway.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 25, 2013 7:01 AM

May 2010
Sa-chan_ said:

Ah, could be. I basically scrolled through EX to see the differences and it was quite long ago, so I wasn't 100% what was it all about, besides remembering the scene.
Mar 25, 2013 9:13 AM

Feb 2013
Komari-chan and Rin-chan are so cute!And I'm so curious about the 'sekai no himitsu'!
Mar 25, 2013 10:37 AM

Feb 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
Sa-chan_ said:

Ah, could be. I basically scrolled through EX to see the differences and it was quite long ago, so I wasn't 100% what was it all about, besides remembering the scene.

Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 25, 2013 12:38 PM

Nov 2009
hpulley said:
I love Komari's parts and think the voice acting suits her character perfectly. Don't mind it at all!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Komari is my favorite heroine after Rin. Her voice certainly isn't my favorite, but I don't mind it. Of course, I don't really get annoyed with voices in general.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Mar 25, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
Seeing them work together towards the goal of doing a puppet show was great. The end got me a little scared though! D:

Mar 25, 2013 3:47 PM

Mar 2012
Must I play the VN to understand the story? And is there any English version/patch for it?
Keep moving forward
Mar 25, 2013 3:56 PM

Jan 2013
2easy4AgEnT said:
Must I play the VN to understand the story? And is there any English version/patch for it?

I believe the story will be explained properly in the Anime (in due time). There was no lack of explanation until now.
Yes, there is an english patch for the VN. If you need any details or links, feel free to write me a message.
Mar 25, 2013 6:44 PM
Feb 2013
2easy4AgEnT said:

I was at the same stage in the VN that the anime is currently at now and I was still clueless. You will only truly understand everything when you find out about the "secret of the world". For now, just watch it because then you will be like "WOOOOAAAHHH WAT DA EFF?!" at the end :] (and I trust JC staff will do a fine job in adapting the final bits if they carry on with this good streak for the last few episodes).
Mar 25, 2013 10:21 PM

Apr 2011
I think I may have the hots for Kanata.

Her tough exterior make me wanna break her and make her my sex slave.

Hahaha!

I think I've watch TOO many hentais these days...
Mar 26, 2013 12:10 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:

Hahaha!

*Singly raised eyebrow*

Indeed. Thanks for sharing.
Mar 26, 2013 12:22 AM

Jan 2012
i thought it was gonna be X rated when the squid came.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 26, 2013 12:41 AM

Feb 2013
SleepingEntity said:
Magito said:

Hahaha!

*Singly raised eyebrow*

Maybe a little too much information there...
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 26, 2013 1:17 AM

Sep 2012
shcboomer said:
SleepingEntity said:
Magito said:

Hahaha!

*Singly raised eyebrow*

Maybe a little too much information there...

I like to think that Magito was internal monologuing with an evil villain voice, but accidentally said it aloud, like in every superhero comedy ever.
Mar 26, 2013 1:35 AM

Apr 2012
Magito said:

Hahaha!

I'm honestly sometimes thinking the same thing. Okay, maybe not sometimes.....
Mar 26, 2013 3:34 AM

Jan 2013
RedgraverSoul said:
Magito said:

Hahaha!

I'm honestly sometimes thinking the same thing. Okay, maybe not sometimes.....

Most people would find it cute how she has a tough exterior, yet a gentle core.
But no, the first thing you guys think about is breaking...
Mar 26, 2013 4:24 AM

Sep 2012
This is the weirdest semi-derail I've experienced out of all the LB episode threads.

Which is saying something, considering the crazy shit about trap Riki a few months back.
Mar 26, 2013 5:33 AM

Apr 2011
SleepingEntity said:
This is the weirdest semi-derail I've experienced out of all the LB episode threads.

Which is saying something, considering the crazy shit about trap Riki a few months back.

Hahaha! Sorry about that guys. Next, time I'll keep my crazy mind to myself. XD
Mar 26, 2013 6:53 AM

May 2012

[spoilers] Lennon is actually A Nekogami [Cat God] he wrote the letters himself... Since he is a Nekogami he foresaw all the problems and events. His goal is actually to get rin to go against kyouske and then he get her to accidently kill kyosuke and takes over his body. Since its obviously a Key story kyosuke comes back to life because tweety shows up and kills lennon the nekogami... Then we go into lennons mind and realize that kyouske is actually a evil bastard that has to be killed. also as soon as riki sees a dead kyosuke he has a narcolepsy attack and the story ends with a narcoleptic Riki and the bgm *Boys dont cry* [Also the funny thing is that its so ironic how all the boys cry in the end when boys dont cry plays] This isnt a big spoiler so ill put the bigger spoiler below [spoilers]

Mar 26, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2012
planetarian said:

Dude, properly spoiler that shit
Mar 26, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2012
Vladz0r said:
planetarian said:

Dude, properly spoiler that shit

Cant spoiler it man i have a ocd against re editing posts. but its good for people they need to read that to see what will happen soon.
Mar 26, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2011
Darn it! I got spoiled already! And I have a weakness to cats.

They're so...cute. Anime lack cute neko's these days...specially cat-girls.
Mar 26, 2013 11:37 AM
Mar 2013
Magito said:

Don't worry none of that stuff actually happens.
Mar 26, 2013 11:58 AM

Sep 2012
The Nekogami spoiler is like, 5% accurate lol.
Mar 26, 2013 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Did anyone else notice that the boy and the girl in the eight dwarves picture book looked like Riki and Rin? No body? Just me? k...

Also:
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6994/vlc2013032620040417.png

Dafuq is that in the right hand corner?
Mar 26, 2013 1:37 PM

Sep 2012
Seano299 said:
Did anyone else notice that the boy and the girl in the eight dwarves picture book looked like Riki and Rin? No body? Just me? k...

Mar 26, 2013 3:27 PM

Dec 2012
Vladz0r said:
Seano299 said:

Mar 26, 2013 4:31 PM

Apr 2011
mkolpnji said:
Magito said:

Don't worry none of that stuff actually happens.

Really? Thats cool. It's a bit difficult to read when there are spoilers around.
Mar 26, 2013 4:48 PM

May 2012
Seano299 said:
Vladz0r said:
Seano299 said:

Look how guilty Komari looked when she told rin that the dwarfs disappeared one by one she is really becoming a favorite character of mines Really really really becoming one.

Mar 26, 2013 4:52 PM

May 2012
BTW everyone avoid the outside world as much as you can or you might die and miss the last 2 episodes of little busters and the big announcement.
Mar 26, 2013 5:25 PM

Sep 2012
When Rin entered in that room and there was nobody inside, I thought Komari disappeared like those dwarves in the story, too bad it didn't happen, I'm fed up with her annoying voice and all the "Daijobu daiyou!!"
Mar 26, 2013 7:33 PM

Oct 2012
yeah it will come to climax... waiting for refrain then... XD

Mar 26, 2013 8:27 PM

Sep 2012
I'm with planetarian. I just can't wait to see an announcement, maybe with a new director confirmation or something, or higher budget shown in a season 2 preview later after season 1 finishes.

It honestly doesn't matter to me. I'm enjoying it a lot since I love all the characters and read the VN, but I want better fidelity in the story for season 2, to widen Little Buster' audience, so that it won't become another Chaos;Head or Tsukihime, where there is a huge disconnect between the VN and Anime audiences.
Mar 26, 2013 11:38 PM

Sep 2012
Some things I'm hoping for in the announcement:
- A staff change particularly the director and sound director
- quadrupling the budget.
- Jun Maeda becoming more actively involved.

I'll be happy with any of these as long as Refrain turns out decent and gives it some justice to the VN.
Mar 27, 2013 12:07 AM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
I'm with planetarian. I just can't wait to see an announcement, maybe with a new director confirmation or something, or higher budget shown in a season 2 preview later after season 1 finishes.

It honestly doesn't matter to me. I'm enjoying it a lot since I love all the characters and read the VN, but I want better fidelity in the story for season 2, to widen Little Buster' audience, so that it won't become another Chaos;Head or Tsukihime, where there is a huge disconnect between the VN and Anime audiences.

Agreed, I can't wait until we hear the announcement.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 27, 2013 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
egnaro315 said:

I'll be happy with any of these as long as Refrain turns out decent and gives it some justice to the VN.

Doing justice to KEY's greatest work with an Anime adaption is pretty much impossible unless they extend it to 150 - 200 episodes.
'Turning out decent' is pretty much the limit of what they can do with the current pacing.
Mar 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Sep 2012
There is a disconnect already as I have never seen the VN and yet I love the anime as it is. If it could have been even better then I am blissfully unaware of its true potential. I am thoroughly enjoying it and a second season just like this would be great IMO.
Mar 27, 2013 1:07 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
There is a disconnect already as I have never seen the VN and yet I love the anime as it is. If it could have been even better then I am blissfully unaware of its true potential. I am thoroughly enjoying it and a second season just like this would be great IMO.

Second season is nothing like this.

It's on a whole new level of sad.
Mar 27, 2013 1:32 AM

Apr 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
egnaro315 said:

Doing justice to KEY's greatest work with an Anime adaption is pretty much impossible unless they extend it to 150 - 200 episodes.
'Turning out decent' is pretty much the limit of what they can do with the current pacing.

150-200 Episodes? That's milking it too much. It's like 20+ episode each route smh
Mar 27, 2013 3:22 AM

Sep 2012
SleepingEntity said:
hpulley said:

Second season is nothing like this.

It's on a whole new level of sad.

Then I am really looking forward to it. I don't know how it can be that much sadder and better than Komari's and Mio's arcs in this season. I thought they were amazing!! Sure hope we get to see it.
Mar 27, 2013 5:09 AM

Jan 2011
I liked this episode, it's nice to see something relaxing once in a while and this did the job. I wonder who the last member will be, maybe the guy/girl who writes all these letters?
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 27, 2013 6:19 AM

Jan 2013
RedgraverSoul said:
Naoki-Saten said:

150-200 Episodes? That's milking it too much. It's like 20+ episode each route smh

Alright, 150-200 may be a bit too much. However, I think that all the little details in the routes that got skipped (And don't get me started on the BIG details that got skipped as well...) are a major part of the corresponding route's impact. On their own, they are just minor details, but added up, they make a great difference.
Don't misunderstand. I do not wish for them to copy-paste the entire VN as-is. But we all know that the greatest problem of this adaption is the insufficient amount of time for every route.

The adaption isn't really bad or anything but it's far from doing the god-tier VN justice.
Mar 27, 2013 7:28 AM

May 2012
The thing i disliked the most about little busters is that a awesome girl came through that could have a awesome route but they never even thought about it Damnit! Best girl this week koshiki miyuki!
Mar 27, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
The thing I dislike the most is that Kurugaya has been reduced to a fanservice bisexual archetypal character >_>

A lot of the characters come off as pretty generic looking at the anime, and if you can't relate with the characters, season 2's gonna be shit. You could probably read the VN save for Rin and Refrain, and watch season 2 and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. The characters are likable if you haven't seen a lot of anime, but they won't feel too unique from the anime alone.

I was watching LB, Robotics;Notes, Sakurasou starting from the fall season, and didn't really watch a lot of anime prior to that, so the character types seemed really unique to me at the time, but after seeing other anime, most of the characters feel like rehashes of the same thing. The LB expands on character portrayal for each character far beyond the "I'm always happy", "I'm insecure", "I'm always there for you", "I'm shy", etc. character types, and I feel like if I wasn't really enjoying the anime a lot before I played the VN, mainly because I know a lot about each of the characters.

I feel like if most of us didnt' play the VN, the episodes wouldn't even have as high ratings. We know the backstory, development, and uniqueness of each character already, so we can overlook it and enjoy the series. Even though we've read the VN, the characters still felt and feel like much more than copy-pasted archetype characters from another series.

I feel like this is the biggest issue with the anime by itself, which derives from there being even less common route than dramatic heroine route episodes.
I mean, looking back when I was watching weekly before reading the VN, I didn't even remember Komari's name come episode 4, and we've already reaching her mental breakdown? That's almost as bad as Kotoura-san's. It's difficult to animate a lot of the slice of life, because the VN doesn't keep the central purpose, the Secret of the World, in mind, and it also requires a much bigger time investment. You can expect little plot progression (in many VNs) for hours at a time, so it'd tedious to animate it 1:1.

Seriously though, I feel like the VN readers, this is a good treat of a show. The character portrayal isn't as in-depth, but it's pretty consistent with the source material. If KyoAni did this, they might be able to make the characters seem more unique, but with this many episodes, it would still hard to be able to identify and relate to each character nearly as much as you could by playing the VN.

/rant
Vladz0rMar 27, 2013 10:28 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.