Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2008 2:29 PM

Apr 2008
What kind of High School did you go to?

ie. public/private
did it cost alot of money? did it cost..any money?
run down place in the middle of a ghetto?
stupid motto now one listened to?
boys/girls school?
interesting stories "from those days"
etc etc..

and if you're still in high school (or nearly out of it..like me : ) ), current impressions?

DISCUSS
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 14, 2008 2:33 PM

Apr 2008
Public, middle of the mountains with no economy, mixed gender, and I dropped out after three months and went to college instead.

An interesting story is that one time a bat somehow got in and lived in a hallway for a week. It was really cute, but they killed it with a broom. :/
Dec 14, 2008 2:36 PM

Jun 2007
Majority of schools in Denmark are public, even the Universities. We pay for schools through our quite high taxes (nearly 50%).

I went to the local Technical High School, which was the only one in the town. No mottoes, mixed gender. Nothing special about it. People were generally nice and stuff.
Dec 14, 2008 2:37 PM

Aug 2008
Public school. Medium size (~1200 kids?) There was a corn field across the street.. like on two sides I think.

Interesting stories? High school wasn’t really interesting. For tornado warnings, we had to crouch next to huge, heavy metal lockers that would easily crush you. They were supposedly bolted to the wall, but still.. We did have one touch down in one of the adjacent corn fields.

You couldn’t pay me enough to go back (but could try!)

The dead bat story makes me sad :(
Dec 14, 2008 2:41 PM

Jul 2008
I went to what is known as a "secondary school" here in England. The area wasn't really run down but you would get a big mix of the rich and poor in this school.

It wasn't a really enjoyable experiance, but at the same time, I had a lot of fun. Now I go to College, in,erm, the same school.

In my first week at that school I must have witnessed around 7 fights. Including one where a firework was set off in a kids backpack.
lolidkDec 14, 2008 2:51 PM
Dec 14, 2008 2:43 PM

Jul 2008
Public (Student body of 3000+), no cost (tuition; some classes wanted money), the "new" building built in the 1980s but the "school" has been around for almost 100 hundred years (It's weird seeing those old trophies of people whose grandchildren probably go to the school). Generic mascot: Tigers.

We do have a fight song, but only the cheerleaders know it by heart. :P

My orthodontist graduated from my high school in 1999... He said every Friday that they had a DJ play music for them in the cafeteria. Even though we don't have a real cafeteria; it's just part of our quarter of a mile long (literally) hallway.

Edit: Oh yeah. The same girl's bathroom has been set on fire... Twice... The first time was really cool: 7 fire trucks and 3 police cars came to the rescue. The 2nd time was funnier. Flaming Doritos FTW
Gin-iroDec 14, 2008 2:47 PM
Dec 14, 2008 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
Public school in Miami. It was pretty big and it would come out in the news about every month because of HUGE fights, I'm talking about 20 vs 20 and more. I used to laugh so much specially when the cops started using tasers, good times!
Dec 14, 2008 3:07 PM

Dec 2007
I went to a Private Catholic School, for 15 years (from kindergarten to graduation). I wont' say anything too terrible about them, so I can say it's from the Marists congregation.

I had a fine education, the implemented morals were fantastic and the teaching level was (and still is) quite high, especially for students aiming for architecture and medicine. The bad part is that 95% of the students were idiots and the last two years on that school led me to psychiatric evaluation, suicide attempt and to the bitch I am today. ^^

It costed money, yes. Private, no scholarships. In this neighbourhood, which has some crime but not too much. In the other side of the street there is a public school known for violent students and there were some fights between boys of both schools. =D

Mottos included religious songs and the anthem of the founders canonization.

Fun things that you don't expect to happen on a school where is forbidden to wear mini-skirts (rule that I outshone in graduation party) include oral sex in the bathroom and gameboy stealing resourcing to knifes. We were really innocent.

I am still connected to the school in many ways (trying to raise the stupid primary children from the primitive state they are to something nearer to the human. Also at the Theatre Group for Ex-Students) and I think they are degenerating. We were all such cute and kind kids, nowadays they are all beasts. But that's because of the whole education system that is not as heavy on the children as it was...
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Dec 14, 2008 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
Went to public school in Vegas. 3000+ kids, mostly hispanic. Wasn't zoned for the school actually, but I went there for the International Baccalaureate (IB) program.

And anyone who actually knows what that is knows the pain I went through for four years. That serves as a story itself. :p
<div style="text-align:right;">1copy.jpg</div>
Dec 14, 2008 3:10 PM

Apr 2008
Kamadaki said:
Went to public school in Vegas. 3000+ kids, mostly hispanic. Wasn't zoned for the school actually, but I went there for the International Baccalaureate (IB) program.

And anyone who actually knows what that is knows the pain I went through for four years. That serves as a story itself. :p

mine takes 2 years.
Seriously, those examiners are out to kill me.
and trying doing a full IB diploma together with an AP diploma, it's hell.
Dec 14, 2008 3:16 PM

May 2008
Went to a public school in Qubec, called "école sécondaire" for three years, the first one in a special class called "classe d'accueuil', where you only study French and Mathematics. Three years because I was already 14 when I came to Québec.

Naturally, it was free. Had a lot of immigrants and many black students, but there weren't a lot of fights and nobody there was racist. In fact, I grew to like most cultures when I was there, and I found out that blacks are very nice and kind people.

Fun times: Yeah, sure. I can't think of anything remarkable, but most of the fun stories would involve me sticking with the other Bulgarian kids and talking - maybe not too exciting, but still quite fun.
A past can last a lifetime.
How to Read Manga! | AnimeBytes | iMangaScans
Dec 14, 2008 3:31 PM

Jun 2008
High school with over 3000 kids? Wow. The public high school I go to has a little less than 600, I think. The first three years were a blast, since it was easy as hell, plus I could barely remember wtf I learned in those years beside increasing my level of laziness. Now on my last year, currently applying to 3 different Universities in Canada. Think my school only closed down once due to a big snow storm (and it wasn't that big afterwards). It was in a pretty good neighbourhood, except now on my last year, I noticed there were only a few people that could be considered "smart". But I guess that's the same for all high schools. Don't have any top memories I could think on top of the head atm.
Dec 14, 2008 3:34 PM

Apr 2008
Tachii said:
It was in a pretty good neighbourhood, except now on my last year, I noticed there were only a few people that could be considered "smart". But I guess that's the same for all high schools.

the average IB score (IB is a high school diploma, like AP) at graduation in my school is 36.
That is usually enough to get into most Ivy League unis.
then again, 20% of the school's student population was Korean, who all got like perfect scores. It kind of messes up the average : P
Dec 14, 2008 3:42 PM

Jun 2008
20% lol. My school's mostly Caucasian, as in, probably 90%. Not to be stereotypical though, but they the majority seems to value parties, sports and "having a good time" more than academics. There's maybe like, 2 Korean guys in my school, maybe 3... and I know one of them. Somehow. He seems to always compete with me in math. Was jokes since there's like, one other girl, that could match us. And we would never study math tests (at least I didn't), during the first 3 years.
Dec 14, 2008 3:47 PM

Dec 2007
Ahd and my school has a majority of caucasian students, once in a while one single person from a distinct race appears. As far as I know, and I've been there a loooong time, there was a black girl, my Indian friend and her brother and sister and a Chinese boy. The school has around 1000 students, from every grade.
Dec 14, 2008 4:00 PM

Dec 2007
luxe said:
I went to a private all-girls preparatory school in California. There was a corresponding school for boys, a coed private school and another all-girls private school that was not preparatory.

Every year, guys from the swim team of the all-boys school put on masks and streaked naked through our campus.

I want pictures.
Dec 14, 2008 4:12 PM

Sep 2008
I know nothing of any school I ever attended...
Dec 14, 2008 4:13 PM

Jul 2008
- Public
- Payed for through taxes
- Relatively new school, built in 1997. I attended from 2002-2006.
- Highly academic, athletic, and artistic school
- Primarily white
- ~2200 students
- A little weak on the security

Mini stories:
I got into lots of fights in high school due to various rumors an ex girlfriend spread which lasted from the end of Freshman year all the way to the end of Sophomore year. After that got cleared up, the place was awesome. The place sported several dozen doors that allowed me to sneak out any time I wanted. I completed all graduation requirements plus advanced classes by the end of my third year but was forced to stay for some odd reason. So, I spent my Senior year roaming the hallways or sitting behind the local McDonald's throwing snowballs at vehicles in the drive through. The group I hung out with was a bunch of conniving bastards and I was their book smart plan organizer. Need to figure out the path to take through the school in order to avoid all monitors and the parking lot attendant? Get a hold of me. Need someone to figure out the documents and sweet talk the right people in order to skip half the day for the whole year while receiving credit? I'm your man.

We never did get caught with anything we did, either.
VagabondDec 14, 2008 4:48 PM
Dec 14, 2008 4:16 PM

Jul 2008
I graduated from a private boarding high school of 280 boys. It was kind of a shitty experience, but I got good friends out of it so I'm not complaining.

I also went to a public high school for my first two years of high school with about 3000+ students, its was school that had an Asian majority, maybe around 60%. Also made good friends from here.

Dec 14, 2008 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
~1200-~1300 in my small public open campus school with diversity all over the fucking place no lockers anywhere and you are totally like fucked when it rains but atleast its hot most of the year and also never rains

Dec 14, 2008 4:33 PM

Mar 2008
I went 14 years to the same school ^^, it was considered to some outsiders as a school for "brats". I never viewed it that way and so I have a lot of nice memories from there, but I sure as hell dont miss it =p
Dec 14, 2008 4:34 PM

May 2008
I went to a public school. Not ghetto.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 14, 2008 4:36 PM

Nov 2008
I graduated from a 'unique' Catholic High School. It followed on the idea that students should work at their own pace; this meant that there were no classes but rather hour-long 'seminars' which one could go to if one so chooses as to get a better understanding on a certain topic. So basically, two types of people went to that school; those who worked their asses off and finished grade 10 (first year of high school) before Christmas and went on finishing the first school year with both grade 10 and 11 done, or people who never did any work, spent their days out of the school (as you could come and go as you please with your TAs (Teacher adviser aka homeroom teacher) consent (or you could just go as they don't keep track of you).

I don't think it cost much money to be honest... I'm not sure if it cost anything, really; I left the finances in the hands of my parents back then.

It was a pretty small school (300-400 students from gardes 10-12), but it was in damn good condition, and very close to a high-end college (as well as right next door to the most expensive french-emersion school in the city). Thing is, though, that when it was first made way back in the day, it was a mental house for women (lol...). No ghosts, though, so I guess they was treated alright.

There was a school moto which was in Latin, so no one really cared for it (nor did the teachers). Both boys and girls were allowed there, but for some reason it was vastly populated with girls. And when I say 'vastly', I mean for every male student there were 3 female students.

So yeah, it was a pretty awesome school. No one there bullied (as the usual 'bullies' would just spend their days out of the school around town somewhere), and everyone seemed to get along pretty well. No stabings, no shootings; though with all that freedom, it came as no suprise that a good many students spent their time getting high in the woods near the field or having sex in the boys bathroom on the first floor (which was actually underground; the 2nd floor was the main floor with the 5th floor being the highest).

And there's just too many godly stories about that school. As you can imagine; with all that free time many students got very, very bored (as I did). I never once did homework or studied, and I was just never in the mood to do work after lunch. I would spend my afternoons devising things to do to help pass the time (and I still finished 2 weeks - 2 months early every year). Ah, those were the most awesome 3 years of my life, they was.

NOTE: I am a legitimate (meaning usually on-topic and polite) hit-and-run poster. Do not expect me to reply to your reply to my reply.
Dec 14, 2008 4:40 PM

Mar 2008
1.) Public
2.) Free
3.) No
4.) No, it was a great motto and everyone listened to it and said it.
5.) Mixed school.
6.) No interesting stories.....

By the way, I graduated from High School July 2007, not June 2007, don't ask why I graduated a month later whereas everyone else graduated in June.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Dec 14, 2008 5:34 PM

Aug 2007
Public school. Majority is mexican and white, so it's kind of a bore.

Still in it, shit sux except for anatomy and weight training.
Dec 14, 2008 5:40 PM
Jun 2008
Went to a public secondary school, it sucked.

Simple, no stories. Because enjoying school is gay, and if you do, so are you.

Dec 14, 2008 6:23 PM

May 2008
Poor public school made up of over 50% Mexicans.
Dec 14, 2008 6:25 PM

May 2008
My school was filled with fuck yeah white people.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 14, 2008 6:27 PM
Sep 2008
Public. Free. Poor. <bad>.
Got worser ever sicne SATs was cancelled. >_>
(I love Exams, but they cancelled it in the middle of the year. I was suppose to have it in, 5 months time, too!) x-x;
Dec 14, 2008 6:43 PM

Jul 2008
ukonkivi said:
My school was filled with fuck yeah white people.

Lmao, what?
Dec 14, 2008 7:06 PM

Nov 2008
Private Roman Catholic high school
About $6000 a year + book expenses/uniforms/etc.
In a decent area
I think there might be a motto, but no one knows it
Boys/Girls
No real interesting stories. A girl did go on a talk show last year and claimed people had ‘relations’ (edited for the children in here) in our chapel and did things with the janitors/coaches

Current impression: Blah! I can’t wait to get out in May and burn the uniform =D
Dec 14, 2008 7:19 PM

Sep 2008
Public school, in a farming community, with around 900 kids total. Nothing happened, ever.
nicolexcullen said:

Current impression: Blah! I can’t wait to get out in May and burn the uniform =D

^ Ditto. Except without the uniform. Maybe burn any textbooks I keep?
Dec 14, 2008 7:31 PM

Nov 2008
MotokoAramaki said:

^ Ditto. Except without the uniform. Maybe burn any textbooks I keep?

yeah. they're going too. >.<
Dec 14, 2008 11:26 PM

Mar 2008
Went to a special ed school which was over 20 miles from my house, which meant a 2 hour bus ride to and back(good times). There were only around 100 people including staff, and all the students were either kicked out of their other schools, REALLY unbalanced, or had drug problems(the reason I tried hard drugs in the first place).

The real interesing thing about that place was that during recess and lunch, there was an area where you were allowed the smoke if you had permission from your parents, lol. I guess you could argue that place fucked me up a lot.
VereVolfDec 15, 2008 1:21 AM
Sometimes you have to lose yourself, before you can find anything-Burt reynolds: Deliverence
Dec 15, 2008 1:20 AM

Sep 2007
I went to a public high school... but well even though I say it was public, we only had around 800 students, cos it was a school for talented children. Thank God education here is free till universtity.

It was a nice school but looking back it's a bit weird how kids called each other stupid and dum, although everyone was above average regarding IQ lol
Dec 15, 2008 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
Public high school for girls. Our uniform made us look as if we belong to a sect.
Dec 15, 2008 6:07 AM

May 2008
I never went to highschool. I probably won't unless a late exchange sign-up for next year goes through.
Dec 15, 2008 6:19 AM

May 2008
hikky said:
I never went to highschool. I probably won't unless a late exchange sign-up for next year goes through.

How come you didn't go to High School? (if it's not too much to ask)
Dec 15, 2008 6:24 AM
Sep 2008
In Germany, there arent any high schools.
We have a comprehensive school, Secondary General School (until 9th class),Intermediate Secondary School ( until 10th class)

and the last one: Grammar Schools classes 5 to 10
(thats me) but next year I will be in the 11th class thats for you Grammar Schools classes A-level.
Dec 15, 2008 6:25 AM

May 2008
georgi said:
hikky said:

How come you didn't go to High School? (if it's not too much to ask)

I was homeschooled, but my parents didn't monitor it, so instead I just watched anime and played games all day, and now I'm going to have to cram 3 years into 6 months to convince people that I actually learned something.

Yep.
Dec 15, 2008 6:28 AM

May 2008
Don't worry, what you did could probably sum up most people's High School study, except you play games all day minus time you spend at school.
Dec 15, 2008 6:30 AM
Jul 2008
I went to a oldest public high school in my city. It's 129 year's old.
It's pretty prestigious and you have to be an A student to get in.
we had too much subjects (latin was the worst), and too little boys in our classroom.
it was boring for the most part with a few happy memories :)
Dec 15, 2008 6:40 AM

Jun 2008
My first high school was very clickish. It was quite fun. My older sister's friends were nice, but I usually avoided them. They were the mean type and were told to be nice to me. I played MTG/Yugioh, so I was quite popular enough (with the gamer groups lol XD). This is when I learned, Asians like me should relish in their Playstations~ and white people were obsessed with their Xboxes. Then again, being half/half, people said I was white enough for an xbox, but to continue the joke between us~ I never turned. :3

My second high school was very boring. I believe it was the area. There was a large Korean population which was nice (compared to my first high school with only 5~asians ;; ), but they wouldn't talk to you unless you knew Korean. I looked at the MTG and Yugioh groups (who actually played at school ._.) and saw they were too dorky, so I didn't tell anyone I played. That was quite boring.

My third high school was more fun than even my first. I was made famous through a rumor, then everyone was friendly to me. That was my first year of high school when I acted rather normal. First two years~ I was loud and probably annoying. ;; The third one I was quiet since I didn't like the people there. The 4th, I was just a normal high school student~

High school is great! One must cherish those years~ Even those people who always wear black saying they hate their life/high school; I'm sure even they realize they enjoyed it, but just put on that facade.

Dec 15, 2008 9:11 AM
Jul 2008
I went to a public high school. The school focused on putting all of the money into sports. The track, I understand, but the whole new football field and the new bleachers were ridiculous. Our desks were crappy and a lot of lockers were broken.

I guess the school wasn't that bad. It certainly is better than it was in the past. From the stories I've heard from teachers and my brother, the reason why we didn't have paper towels in the bathrooms was because people would take a wad of them, light them on fire and throw them down the stairs or through the hall ways. I don't think a group of teachers would make this up. Well, they might but I doubt it.

Anyway in my sophomore year when people were running for class president, vice, etc, the guy promised us paper towels, soap and running water in the bathrooms. It was the best speech ever.
Dec 15, 2008 9:26 AM

Mar 2007
I went to two high schools.

The first was a private Roman Catholic coed high school in California. We wore uniforms my freshman year, then voted the uniforms down, and switched to a strict dress code my sophomore year. I liked the uniforms better. The student population was mostly Asian and very competitive. This school was very expensive. I think it cost more per year than my university did. I liked it a lot though. The hours were more "normal" to me. It went from like 8:30 to 3:15, 2pm on Wednesdays, if I remember correctly. I was on the swim team, and we had practice after school.

My second high school was a public school in Austin Texas. It was larger, had 3000+ students I think? The school was brand new at the time, so it still looked nice (though I hear it is ghetto now). The student population was mostly white. (seeing all the cowboy hats, homecoming mums and the 'drill team' stuff was a bit of a culture shock). The school hours seemed really weird to me, it went from 9:10 to 4:10 or something, I forget. Just that hour shift felt like a lot. Here, the swim team practiced before school at 6am, which was just painfully early to me :)

For elementary schools, I have been to public, private, and year-round schools. Fun times.
Dec 15, 2008 9:43 AM

Oct 2008
Rikuna said:
My first high school was very clickish. It was quite fun. My older sister's friends were nice, but I usually avoided them. They were the mean type and were told to be nice to me. I played MTG/Yugioh, so I was quite popular enough (with the gamer groups lol XD). This is when I learned, Asians like me should relish in their Playstations~ and white people were obsessed with their Xboxes. Then again, being half/half, people said I was white enough for an xbox, but to continue the joke between us~ I never turned. :3

My second high school was very boring. I believe it was the area. There was a large Korean population which was nice (compared to my first high school with only 5~asians ;; ), but they wouldn't talk to you unless you knew Korean. I looked at the MTG and Yugioh groups (who actually played at school ._.) and saw they were too dorky, so I didn't tell anyone I played. That was quite boring.

My third high school was more fun than even my first. I was made famous through a rumor, then everyone was friendly to me. That was my first year of high school when I acted rather normal. First two years~ I was loud and probably annoying. ;; The third one I was quiet since I didn't like the people there. The 4th, I was just a normal high school student~

High school is great! One must cherish those years~ Even those people who always wear black saying they hate their life/high school; I'm sure even they realize they enjoyed it, but just put on that facade.

XD
Sadly for me high school wasn't nice. It was like a prison for girls. I always got into fights with teachers.
Dec 15, 2008 2:44 PM

Dec 2007
I could not enjoy high-school as I should. I still cry if I talk about those times face-to-face and the only people I hate belong to the group of high-school. Oh well, I should have done it differently... Or maybe not. xD If it was not for the idiots I'd not be what I am today xD
Dec 15, 2008 2:50 PM

Jun 2008
I've been going to the same highschool for 3 years, and will probably graduate from it.

Highschool sucks. I hate school. Anyways, my schedule this year is:

Math
Marketing
Computer Engineering
Accounting

Biology
French
English
Ancient History.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Dec 15, 2008 2:51 PM

Feb 2008
I went to some lame ass Public High school in the middle of nowhere, then eventually dropped out in like a month. After that just got high and hanged out with friends for a long time...I was never really fond of country school, after transferring from a city school in middle school to the country school ...-_-...
Dec 15, 2008 5:09 PM

Nov 2006
Public school in small town Kansas. We had a trailer park across the street, and 2+ million dollar homes down the street. You can imagine the cliques and bullying, yes?

I dropped out and went to college.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.