Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2008 1:30 PM

Nov 2008
Any anime or manga that you find to be a good example of anti moe or loli? Post it here.
ChthoniaJan 10, 2021 5:47 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 15, 2008 2:40 AM

Jun 2008
Monster, Le Chevalier D'Eon, Dogs (+Bullets and Carnage), Eternal Sabbath (manga), Blood+, Mononoke, Ayakashi Japanese Classic Horror, Himitsu... pretty much all seinen and josei i guess o.o lol
Dec 16, 2008 12:17 PM
Apr 2008
for character relations

kurohime from kurohime
karla from lodoss war
sophia from a wind named amnesia
michiko malandro from michiko to hatchin
ogin from hundred stories
urumi kanzaki from gto
nao kadena from gto
rakshata chawla from code geass
hot ice hilda from outlaw star
gracia ul naga (naga) fom slayers
maetel from galaxy express 999
carmilla from vampire hunter d bloodlust
yuuko ichihara from xxx holic
tsunade from naruto
and
rena honjo
yu park
Gloria
from daphne in the brilliant blue

Dec 16, 2008 4:23 PM

Apr 2008
I just added some of those characters ice mentioned also I'm going to add Goth to the manga relations!
Dec 21, 2008 8:52 PM

Nov 2007
Anime:
Texhnolyze
Shigurui
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Monster

Manga:
Anything by Tsutomu Nihei and Tsutomu Takahashi.
Real
Me and the Devil Blues
Dec 21, 2008 9:22 PM

Apr 2008
All added corrupt.
Jan 4, 2009 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
The club description says that shoujo fans are welcome, but the relations list is full of shows and manga that are "macho-manly-man approved" (not that there's anything wrong with that).

How about Fruits Basket and Sailor Moon? Both are very famous (and obvious) choices.

EDIT: Rose of Versailles is another one.
removed-userJan 5, 2009 12:12 AM
Jan 9, 2009 2:38 AM

Nov 2008
^Yeah, those work too.

Finally updated again.
Jan 11, 2009 11:05 AM

Sep 2007
Arjuna from Earth Maiden Arjuna
Characters from Haibane Remei
Utena and Juri from Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Claymore
Noda Megumi from Nodame
Jan 27, 2009 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
what about Le Chevalier D'Eon that i mentioned in my very first post? >.>
and the other ones i mentioned like Himitsu and Blood+..

and Gankutsuou
Jan 30, 2009 7:26 PM

Nov 2008
Alright after half an hour of searching (damn new character search engine) I'm pretty sure I got everybody's stuff, except a few I couldn't find.
Jan 31, 2009 7:10 AM

Jan 2008
I think that the related shows/characters should be that with "moe content"... That way, when someone would see their "profiles", our club would appear on "related clubs". We could say exactly who we hate and show that to everyone who enters their profile. I mean, our bond is the hate towards them, not something else... At least the club picture should have something to do with that. Of course that's just my humble opinion... I didn't mean to offend anyone and I enjoy the club anyway.
Feb 1, 2009 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
Maat said:
I think that the related shows/characters should be that with "moe content"... That way, when someone would see their "profiles", our club would appear on "related clubs". We could say exactly who we hate and show that to everyone who enters their profile. I mean, our bond is the hate towards them, not something else... At least the club picture should have something to do with that. Of course that's just my humble opinion... I didn't mean to offend anyone and I enjoy the club anyway.

I have been thinking of a club icon that would better fit our purpose, though I've yet to find any decent pics (and I fail at photoshop myself).

If anyone finds one, tell us and we'll probably use it.
Feb 1, 2009 8:36 PM

Sep 2008
Manga:
Old Boy
Homunculus
Hellsing
Feb 16, 2009 8:38 PM

Apr 2008
Added, thank you Motoko.
Apr 13, 2009 4:20 PM
Dec 2008
Add the ROD Ova to your relations, it's pure action, fanservice free, loli-free and serious, inspite of being a bit campy.
Also, Great Teacher Onizuka, the art is completely moe-free and everybody seems to be older than 16.
Apr 13, 2009 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
Paranoia Agent
Ressentiment (manga)
Berserk (no question about this one)
Apr 14, 2009 2:58 PM
Dec 2008
You could also add, Haruhi Fujioka (NOT the Haruhi form that Overhyped anime), from Ouran High School Host Club.
Sure, her chararcter design is a bit moe, but her personality is totally the opposite of moe. She's not a "I want to hug you!", character, she's a tomboy, has a realistic personality, is a recognized student, is the only person that isn't infatuated by the club's shota-loli, she thinks that the girl's fangirlishness is innappropiate and that Otaku, like Renge (from that same show) are weird people.
Also, she doesn't like being dressed in clothing taht she considers "fetish" like short swimsuits and the only way she can provide fanservice is in Tamaki's fantasies.
But as I said, her character design may not be appropiate for this club.
Oct 2, 2009 11:32 PM

Jul 2009
AW!
Where's Rin Asogi from Mnemosyne? She eats moe for breakfast.
Jan 7, 2013 2:27 AM

Jan 2013
Menu:

Wine chart: Beelzebub, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Arakawa Under the Bridge (and AUB X Bridge) Nodame Cantabile, Ranma 1/2.

Light salads: Planetes, Genshiken, Natsume Yuujinchou, Bamboo Blade, Scrapped Princess, Starship operators, Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi, Last Exile (but -not- LE: Ginyoku no Fam).

Bloody rare main dishes: Gantz, Aeon Flux, Full Metal Alchemist (and FMA: Brotherhood), Gunslinger Girl, Petshop of Horrors, Record of Lodoss War, Coyote Ragtime Show, Now And Then Here And There, Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen, Yugo the negotiator, Kite 1 (not so much the second), Mononoke Hime, Area 88, Flag, Mugen no Ryvius.

Sickly sweet desserts: Spice and Wolf, Les Miserables (Shoujo Cosette), Lamune, Meiro no Croisee.

---

Meritory mention: Crest, and Banner of the Stars. While all Abh are considered beautiful, have blue hair, the royal family has even elven ears, and they tend to behave like Spock on downers, it's because they're genetically engeneered to be that way - it's not for moe, those are actually traits someone programed in them to make them better slaves. Anyhow, the real reason for the mention is because at a certain point the army starts --arresting-- anyone with blue or green-dyed hair! YAY!

Watch at own risk: Hen Zemi. Excellence in aberration. Nuff said, just don't ask.

Gripe: Revy's in, Balalaika's in, but whatever happened to Roberta? Are you saying that she's moe just because of her hand grenade-laden maid dress?!?
MaegilJan 7, 2013 6:14 AM
My favorite genres: good Quality, better Quality, best Quality, Über-Quality.
Scoring criteria: Existence does not precede Essence.

Current status: OFFLINE. Even if not really.
I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Your reasons for disliking moe? ( 1 2 )

Chthonia - Dec 16, 2008

52 by MrOrangeHorseman »»
Aug 28, 2016 10:39 AM

» UNmoe shows

hznu - May 9, 2009

37 by Maegil »»
Jan 6, 2013 5:17 PM

» Epic thread on problems with moe, "slice of life", etc.

Ni_Go_Zero_Ichi - Nov 19, 2011

2 by BenEvolent »»
Sep 23, 2012 3:09 AM

» the worst moe/loli anime or manga you've actually seen?

thepapercut - Jan 3, 2009

44 by KusattaTamago »»
Oct 1, 2011 6:53 PM

» Mitsudomoe...the next worst thing?

thepapercut - May 25, 2010

5 by Ni_Go_Zero_Ichi »»
Jul 23, 2010 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.