Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]
Post New Reply
Poll: Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion

Jan 27, 2020 3:42 PM

Its an good anime but not that good, the concept was interesting and the progress of the story was very smooth, making it easy for the audience to understand and follow most of the time but it has its drawbacks. Sometimes I was losing truck of time and place, animation wasn’t at its best in some cases, sometimes it was to obvious and to easy to tell what that rat was planning; she even suspected it but for some reason she did not speak ... are you kidding me? I don’t know I think they failed a bit there..., also why didn’t they have the kids more under control? Seriously at the end we get the explanation that whole idea to turn the humans that did have any power into rats was because they could kill their own kind. How could they be so careless and leave kids roaming around like that? Also I don’t know if I missed something or didn’t understand it well but wouldn’t death feedback kill a flawed human or at least prevent them from using their power. Last but not least..., how can they live so happily now ? Didn’t the rats stole the infants from them? Ohh almost forgot to mention it, wtf was the weapon they found supposed to do ? Dat shit did nothing ....

Feb 11, 2020 7:56 AM

I liked this ending all things considered, but I expected to like this show a whole lot more than I did overall.

Feb 17, 2020 4:39 AM

They actually don't have to sacrifice Kiroumaru. Just order him to charge swiftly at the fiend and kill it. Maybe Saki silently wants to clear the chance of a rebellion by queerat, as Kiroumaru has mentioned that he intended to rebel to human in the past.

Just as I expected the queerat is actually a human.

They didn't explain just what a Minoshiro is. I mean, so far they only show the False Minoshiro. Maybe there's nothing special about that animal, it's just that the human randomly choose Minoshiro as a model for the mobile library out of the blue.

Well they all have their own definiton of Human.

The mystery is why the scientist implant a Death Feedback in their own genes if they want to remain superior to the other tribes.

This whole massascre happened becuase of Tomiko's experiment to give people a freedom of thought, though it's not a full freedom, maybe if Tomiko give a full freedom of thought this wouldn't happen.

That ending with an echo of children laughing in a silent and empty corridor, gives a bad future vibe. But as the last quote said "The power of imagination is what changes everything.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.

Feb 24, 2020 6:57 PM

Bravo. I don't know why I waited so long to watch this. Sensational.

Mar 8, 2020 7:32 PM
the ending song was dope, I listen it everyday now

the ending of the show was quite excellent....

excellent plot, excellent animation..... my only problem was characters,,, otherwise I would have rated it 10.....

8.5/10 for me.

Apr 28, 2020 3:15 PM

After finishing this slightly long journey of 25 episodes, I could see why this was rated pretty high. This is definitely a good show. While it's not exactly my preference, I would not hesitate to recommend this.

7/10.

May 5, 2020 9:13 AM

A brilliant final episode with a bittersweet ending. Though the fight with the fiend was over pretty quickly, Kiroumaru's death with the slow-motion sequence was great. Saki and Satoru's conversation with Squealer and the courtroom scene were very powerful. Even though I'd wanted Squealer to die, seeing him being a just a lump of mass was horrible. Glad Saki decided to end his suffering. And the reveal about the Queerats being non-Cantus users was and especially the fact that the Cantus users deliberately made them into this is shocking and horrifying.

Loved that Saki and Satoru got married and their scenes after the timeskip. The flashbacks wth Saki's parents and the other Group One members was quite sad when you remember how much has been lost, but seeing them moving on was sweet and also with the quote at the end.

I absolutely loved this series. The story and world building were just so enthralling and intriguing. In the end, nobody was right or wrong. Everyone had their own reasons and motives for doing the horrible thing they did. It's a show that just makes you think so much. It was perfect at building the exact atmosphere needed to keep me at the edge of my seat everytime. The character designs are simple but I really like them. Yes, it had quite some problems, but it still remains one of the best I've seen.

Then and now,
what I protect has never changed.

May 12, 2020 12:37 PM
all the PKs unironically deserve it and they should have died, squealer was a true fucking hero.
he didnt do a single thing wrong, it is the right of anyone to fight and kill as many as their slave masters

May 15, 2020 2:19 PM
Why Maria's daughter didn't die when she killed Kinoumaru's colony?

May 15, 2020 2:37 PM
LHashDe said:
Why Maria's daughter didn't die when she killed Kinoumaru's colony?

she didnt because she only paralyzed them and took their weapons, the other monster rats killed them

Jun 10, 2020 12:08 PM
darkj25 said:
After finishing this slightly long journey of 25 episodes, I could see why this was rated pretty high. This is definitely a good show. While it's not exactly my preference, I would not hesitate to recommend this.

7/10.

Pretty much agree with this.

This civilization still has several more problems to deal with. Also didn't like the pairing.

It's indeed a work of art, that I enjoyed enough. Just not my cup of tea.

Jun 15, 2020 6:42 AM

Party positive ending. I was hoping to see a sad ending. But it was not bad at all. Saki and Sataru get end up together. I feel sorry Yaokimaru his motive is bit bad. He shows us the true nature of human. Starting of the anime was way stronger than the ending. But it was not bad at all.

Jun 15, 2020 6:55 AM

Xaelath said:
It could be an awesome drama if they pushed it abit without dragging too much..

I dont have any comment about the animation the first few episodes 1-4 is quite amazing, it fells on 5 and return to normal again on 6.

I expect the kid was Maria, but it seems they make it the Fiend their Kids instead.
Theres some stuff i would question too, what exactly happen to w Maria and Mamoru when their bone discovered with the exact same DNA.
Shouldnt they live to make the baby first? or right after the "Search and Retrieve" they had sex . Later they were killed by the Squeerats and taken their baby.

Well i would say the best twist are Squeerats are Human, I thought kidnapped/missing children turned into one but i guess they just disposed/killed.
They basically inject the mammals dna and turning them(human) to weird or mutated monster.. Scientist did it right..? The people who doesnt had the Power.. they're turned into one.
Such fate, but its necessary to maintain peace... or is it?
In exchange of turning them into one, the one who had the power also given a "Death feedback" so none of them kill each other.

The terms of Fiend basically a human who doesnt think himself as one and his enemy, basically negating the death feedback effect, but it will also applied if the person think he/she killed one of his/her kin.
The real Fiend wouldnt think had that issue ( i think), thus making the fiend heselfr/himself could kill anyone without Death Feedback issue.

In the end no one is right and no one is wrong.

Finished it in 2 Days

I actually like Saki and Maria relationship, that also includes Saki and Shun relationship.
Sadly both killed too soon.. At least Maria get alots of development.
I was expecting Maria to be a fiend isntead of her kid, it would make alot of drama and question her friendship and choice.
Seems the story only applied to Japan country, theres alot of animation that also shows the school from different country but i guess thats not necessary.
The anime get darkers every episode isnt it..?

Also the Shin what person that could split the earth in to two is laughable..

So we saw in the end that Saki get her memory back. And she remember about Shun. But she didn't say a word to Sataru. So my point is will Sataru gonna remember almost Shin in future? Until unless Saki will bring this up.

Jun 22, 2020 12:31 PM
after all, who is the monster? the squealer's motivations were understandable.
Great ending!

Jul 6, 2020 4:42 AM

Damn people are really tugging this series ballsack it was just aight 6/10 plot-wise for me. 8.5/10 enjoyability wise tho a very interesting watch
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Jul 12, 2020 5:04 AM
Squealer my man, you'll live on in history.... This anime was the worst still worth watching... I don't know why but my emotions toward this anime is just as complex as the story line of this anime.... I loved it as a psychological genre. Maybe, it deserve as one of the best psychological anime (just maybe).... The undisputed truth it has showed us is beyond telling... sayonara

Jul 22, 2020 4:49 PM

So in the end it was really just about the queerats vs humans, when all I cared about was the mysteries of this society and Saki's group of friends and their fates etc. The show definitely went in the wrong direction imo.

Jul 22, 2020 4:51 PM

Momono said:
Very nice, I would rate this 10/10 but -1 because of the controversial episodes (9/10)

You deducted a point because you're homophobic? Lmaooooooo

Jul 26, 2020 9:31 AM

When I thought dropping the shows in half first episodes of the series, it just turned out to be masterpiece till the end. Excellent!

Aug 9, 2020 1:56 AM

jesus. this anime was absolutely madness from the beginning to end. i picked this up without reading the horror label and...i really have no words to describe what I just watched. honestly, my heart is still racing and my head and heart hurts.

the beginning was really disorienting but i think the way the story was told really encapsulates the horrors and confusion of what it means to be human. i love all of the mains and my heart was so scared that satouru was going to be killed off lmao (he is the best)

watching this anime in a pandemic and our current world, i think a lot about the ending and the bigger meaning and how the creators decided to resolve the end. i think the message is in line to what humanity is really. squealer wasn't wrong, he was human. and the way they even mocked him in the trial says it all about how we (as humans) treat others to be subhumans, or who deserves to live etc...

it was hard to find the perfect ending no doubt, but i think in this situation the whole getting married and having a kid for the greater good of humanity or whatever was kinda cheesy, but, they needed some hope at the end and to slow down the momentum of the story, so im not too terribly upset. i kinda like the romance hehe.

i still think about the death of shun, the disposal of the children, and how squealer probably killed maria and mamouru which still grips me. definately an unforgettable anime.

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©

Aug 25, 2020 6:43 PM

This has grown to become one of my all-time favorites. A dark, psychological thriller that really portrays the themes of gray morality. A fucking masterpiece in my opinion.
◧ ◨ ◩ ◪ ◫

Oct 17, 2020 4:32 AM
> Akki killed the Giant Hornets,
No, she only disarmed them, but I agree it's very confusing since because it's said they turned into lump of meat but not caused by bombs. My theory is that the squealer army killed the giant hornet first and the child turned the corpses into mush to erase any evidence, so the child didn't technically kill them and no death feedback,

> why humanity decided to make sentient libraries,
I agree, it's weird, maybe it's a better way to preserve books that are inside a biological robot that can evade attackers/canctus users?, I guess...
but I wonder why don't they hunt down these false minoshiros since they already know that knowledge is considered dangerous?

> why keep queerats alive and waste resources on managing them when you have loyal murdercats
Because queerats are cheap labors, and murdercats are murdercats, can't do manual work.
I think an interesting question would be... why didn't the ancestors kill all non-canctus human so that there are only canctus users remain on earth, it would be easier...

> how did the bones left have Maria and Mamoru's DNAs when there wasn't enough time for Maria to give birth before the bones were found
Yeah the timing is a bit difficult.
Squealer lied to the humans that they both fell off a cliff, so he had to wait until the snow thawed and dug their bones. But in order to kill Maria and steal her baby, Squealer had to wait for 9 months or so, too long. Another theory is that they extract the bones while they're still alive...

> how none of the village chiefs notice that Akki doesn't show fiend symptoms especially when they recently had Shun which they noticed immediately,
Because Shun is a karma demon and the child is just a normal child, she isn't even a fiend.
Karma demon isn't the same as fiend. What's bothering me is that the animators add some black fog surrounding her, maybe to add some mysterious aura.

> why nobody thought to take the fall and kill Akki while taking death-feedback instead of dying pointlessly,
Because of "attack inhibition"

> how a 10 year who's taught how to use cantus by rats that can't use it mop the floor with the strongest cantus user,
Because of "attack inhibition"

Oct 19, 2020 8:38 AM

Contrary to what many people think, I think the characters here are well written for a very plot driven show. There really isn't much to grow when almost everybody is an established character since the beginning. They've been consistent all throughout and their development is explained when they do change.

Oct 20, 2020 9:13 PM

Great series. I thoug I was going to deslike it judging by the events on the first episodes without any clear explanations, the death feedback shit, the cat, the rats and the fiend/karma demon, not much explanations at all, but everything got clear by the end.

The OST, despite of being short, it was very well used on the right moments, specially the girls's choir, very beautiful and yet mysterious.

9/10.
I neither agree nor disagree, on the contrary.

Nov 10, 2020 3:08 AM

Despite losing its way towards the end for me, and the pacing of this episode, I felt that this was a pretty strong end towards resolving everything and even showing a little epilogue with Saki and Satoru married with a kid coming soon. They've sure been through a hell of a lot in their lives from when they were really young, but at least the hope they still have for society is still nice, to say the least.

6/10 overall for me. It had its moments where I wanted to give it a 5, and moments where I wanted to increase the score too but I feel this is just about right for my personal feelings. A fine show that could have been great with more consistency and better writing, especially character writing for some of the cast members here. Saki at least improved a lot and grew to be a good character by the end which is nice.

Nov 25, 2020 9:36 PM

Just finished binging through the 25 episodes in three days and wow, this anime totally went in a different direction than I thought. I'm slightly annoyed at how readily Saki was wiling to sacrifice Kiroumaru when she selfishly destroyed the psychobuster cause she didn't want Satoru to die. It makes sense and it cements the idea of how selfish humans are, but still. The big reveal of queerats technically being humans was chilling, although I've always suspected it. I could empathize with Squealer, although of course his way of doing things wasn't morally right. But I'd say his actions were pretty justified and he's honestly the best character in this show for me.

Overall I'd say I liked it. It definitely had a slow start like many people say, but it really started to kick off at episode 12 for me when the backstory of fiends was explained. My main problems were in the characters and the limited use of cantus. I did not like any of the main characters, including Saki. She didn't have a very interesting personality and it felt like she didn't do much, considering how we were always following her POV. She rarely uses her cantus well, isn't very intelligent, often listens to other people's plans without much thought/skepticism, and always has to count on someone else to save her (Satoru, Kiroumaru, Tomiko, Inui, etc.). Seriously, why was she chosen to succeed Tomiko? Yeah sure, she's brave and her mental stability is great but other than that...eh. I liked her decision to finally let Squealer die at least. The other characters weren't really fleshed out well either; there were too many time skips and I couldn't care less when Shun, Maria, Mamoru died.

But otherwise, I really liked the story; the worldbuilding and portrayal of gray morality were particularly brilliant. The utopia/dystopia setting and Squealer definitely carried this whole show for me. Pretty similar to Psycho Pass with Makishima, although I liked the main characters in that show at least. Ultimately I'd give it a 8/10, might slightly increase or decrease as time goes on as I let what I just watched fully sink in.
Edit: So it's been several days and I've decided to bump the score up to a 8.5/10 and rate the anime a 9 overall, cause the setting/world-building and portrayal of gray human morality is truly phenomenal and one of the best imo. If anyone has bothered to read this far, please feel free to recommend me any more anime with those qualities cause I'm dying to know.
Modified by Esmera, Nov 28, 2020 6:05 PM

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."

Dec 14, 2020 7:20 AM

7/10, mainly because of how stupid and annoying all the humans were. Overall though it was pretty good, especially the ending. Its worth enough to give this series a try. Kinda sad Kiroumaru didn't get enough screen time, they even forgot about the guy who saved saki in previous episode :(

Also those who are complaining about the non-existent plot holes in this show really needs to rewatch it properly. Every question about those "plot holes" gets answered in the show itself. Otherwise please don't bother rating or commenting about it.

Dec 29, 2020 10:51 PM

So basically Saki foiled the Psychobuster attack (which at the time it was literally dooming humanity) because she might lose her last friend but had no qualms in asking a queerrat to sacrifice his life. Wow, what a fucking horrible person.

Anyways... Pacing was terrible and the only likeable character died.

RIP, Kiroumarou. You will be remembered.

Jan 19, 7:56 AM
I really enjoyed this series but there are so many things that I wanted them to elaborate.
I wanted to know more things about the world, another episode like the one where they discovered false minoshiro would be great.
I also would love to see a change in their way of living. Satouru and Saki witnessed so many things and questioned their ethics, I'd love to see the reflection of that, a new order of society or at least a discussion for that was needed in my opinion. Now it feels like they went through all this pain and destruction and just kept living the way they do.

Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]

Preview MangaManga Store