Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Is a second season needed?
Mar 21, 2013 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
Okay, so for those who have seen the final episode, I think a second season is needed. It can easily be done. Question is whether it's needed or not. I believe it is needed since we got that little teaser at the very last few seconds of the episode. Not to mention Akane stating that the Sibly system is not the future. I'm honestly happy with the way it ended, however we need a second season! Too many unanswered questions, and so much more they could squeeze in to create a second season! I'm excited, what do you guys think?
CloudeMar 21, 2013 4:43 PM
Mar 21, 2013 4:11 PM

Aug 2011
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=570915

Pretty much the same thing, but howsoever.

Because of the loop you got carried away by the characters and sure want to see them again, which would be nice. But I'm afraid too much can be lost or destroyed that way, which is always the same with a second season. The only thing I need is a different plot, a whole different start-up and different aspects, otherwise it'd be really the same just with different roles.
Mar 21, 2013 4:12 PM
Dec 2012
Because of the outcome of Episode 22. There will not be a Season 2 or any other further continuation of Psycho Pass as we know it.

The creators made this ending so that they would not feel obliged to continue the show and left the ending up to the viewer's imagination.
Mar 21, 2013 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
I also don't think a second season is needed as well, the ending concluded this series well but a movie would be cool.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Mar 21, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2012
I wouldn't say that it is needed at all, but if they wanted to they could easily make a second season.

I want a second season, but it seems doubtful i don't think the creators really had a second season in mind, i dont know though. I guess we will have to wait until the last volume of it goes on sale? i mean if the sales figures go up drastically and it ends up making them a fortune then probably weill, but i don't really see that happening.

I can hope xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Mar 21, 2013 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
More wanted than needed. For one, I really want to know what Kougami will do, what Akane will do, know more about Mika (new inspector, think that's her name) and what will become of the Sybil system. Also, will Akane be asked to join the Sybil system because of her ability to keep her psycho pass clean?

It would, without a doubt, be cool to get a follow up sequel of the story but a full second season but it could very well do what Code Geass R2 did to R1 in terms of story quality and we don't really want that.

Although i really want a second season for enjoyment purposes, I don't want it just in case the story quality drops.
Mar 21, 2013 5:49 PM

Feb 2012
Forget a second season, I think the epilogue was too much. I lot of it was implied.

161 said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=570915

Pretty much the same thing, but howsoever.

Did you see who created that thread? XD
Mar 21, 2013 5:53 PM

Aug 2011
Hakuromatsu said:

Did you see who created that thread? XD

I did for sure, wasn't unsure we need a special topic to disuss such a slightly different manner in a sperate thread. Do you want/do we need's in the end the same thing, but oh well noone else complained. :D
Mar 21, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2009
Leaulux said:

The creators made this ending so that they would not feel obliged to continue the show and left the ending up to the viewer's imagination.

exactly, its up to us viewers to fill in the gaps and think for ourselves, a lot of american movies that ive watch are open ending too anyway, it makes the viewers decide what kind of conclusion it will have

i hate open ending too but this one has a good conclusion already that Shougo died

but like i said on another thread i want a movie of Psycho-Pass with brand new story and new characters can be cool too
Mar 21, 2013 6:09 PM

Jan 2012
In the end this was very average show, and I was happy to finish it. . Also very little emotions were seen. If they gonna make second season with more emotions, another badass antagonist and crusihng Sybil system in the end then I would cheer for it. Otherwise, no need.
Mar 21, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2012
I feel like if people weren't satisfied with the ending, then they didn't get it. It's left open like that because that is the point. If you've ever read 1984 and the like, it doesn't end with the whole system crashing down (not that they could have feasibly done that in one episode anyway). The message is that humanity is strong, and just because Akane can't take the system down, doesn't mean somebody else won't. Sometimes all a person can do is make small changes, like the subtle way Akane's attitude differs from Ginoza's at the beginning. That was the point.
Mar 21, 2013 6:12 PM

Jan 2011
We don't need it, but we want more! I hope it's possible for another season to come out.
Mar 21, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2008
No, but I'd certainly like another season.

I'll be happy either way, though I definitely think there's plenty of un-tapped potential here.
Mar 21, 2013 6:30 PM

Jan 2009
ecimir said:
In the end this was very average show

i bet you are new to anime, Psycho-Pass is one of the rare anime this days that is better than all the moe and ecchi and shounen shows out there

and come on people a second season is not needed, do not be spoon feed by every details of a story you need to think of possibilities too that is what dreaming or fantasy like anime is about anyway
Mar 21, 2013 6:37 PM
Jun 2012
I really liked how it ended. The changes to "the speech" were really well done. A far better ending then most anime these days.
Mar 21, 2013 7:31 PM

Nov 2009
j0x said:
and come on people a second season is not needed, do not be spoon feed by every details of a story you need to think of possibilities too

Exactly!
Mar 22, 2013 2:20 AM

Jun 2009
No

It ended good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 2:26 AM
Feb 2012
The absurdity of another thread about the same topic made by the exact same person is funny.

An no, a second season is not needed in my eyes. Everything that had to be said, was said and the rest is up to the audience. Paint a picture in your mind of how you want it to end.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 22, 2013 2:26 AM

Mar 2012
Indifferent. The way it ended a second season doesn't hurt.
Mar 22, 2013 6:10 AM
May 2012
It's official, folks. I was right!

This show has finally ended with so many unanswered questions like what happened during flashback episode (12).
JafriZinMar 22, 2013 6:25 AM
Mar 22, 2013 6:20 AM

May 2010
I would rather want OVA's/Specials or something like that which feature the old team than a new season with some new characters. I liked them and I think it would be nice to know more about their pasts and stuff.
Mar 22, 2013 6:21 AM

Dec 2007
animelambie said:
I feel like if people weren't satisfied with the ending, then they didn't get it. It's left open like that because that is the point. If you've ever read 1984 and the like, it doesn't end with the whole system crashing down (not that they could have feasibly done that in one episode anyway). The message is that humanity is strong, and just because Akane can't take the system down, doesn't mean somebody else won't. Sometimes all a person can do is make small changes, like the subtle way Akane's attitude differs from Ginoza's at the beginning. That was the point.

I even think Pyscho-Pass's ending is better than 1984, which just basically tramples on all your hope.

And. Second season's not necessary. The ending wrapped up nicely the entire series.

Although I too wonder if Akane will become part of Sybil System, or will it have collapsed by then.
Mar 22, 2013 1:33 PM

Sep 2009
it needs to have a season 2 or more episodes because It left me hanging and I was very disappointed ><
I didn't expected the ending. :/
I just hope that Kogami won't turnout to be a bad guy because he's acting like Makishima and he's reading book and it's like Makishima.. gaaah!!
Mar 22, 2013 9:16 PM

Oct 2007
Whilst I don't think it is actually "needed" I WANT one really badly.

I'd like to see Ginoza as an enforcer, I want to see what Kougami does.. I want to see if Akane turns against Sybl.

There's so much potential in the Psycho-Pass universe it'd be a waste to not make a prequel-sequel
Mar 22, 2013 10:09 PM

Sep 2011
Doesn't need one, but I want one. It's epilogue makes you want it to have another Season or at least a movie.
Mar 23, 2013 6:02 AM

Jun 2012
I don't think it is needed but I would definitely like to see one. Whether or not we will I'm not all to confident about but I feel like there is definitely the potential there to delve into a new story line. Now that they showed
. I think they have more than enough that they could delve into. The question is will they?
Mar 23, 2013 6:34 AM

Oct 2007
It looks like they are going to make a second season. See the very end of the last episode.

Something might go on.

As for the ending itself it's not the usual ending or what you would expect. Personally expected society to collapse after Makishima does something weird, but i guess that alone wouldn't have destroyed the Sybil System. It would take a second season for that to happen.

I find a second season really strange without a Makishima in it.

I guess this ending is actually more realistic and reflects much better the real world. The corrupt government is still in power no matter how much people protest or reform. So in fact it's a very appropriate ending and i like it for the realism it brings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2013 6:40 AM

Jul 2010
I think the ending was correct. I honestly never expected much with this number of episodes. It could end here but i wouldn't be against a second.
Mar 23, 2013 6:51 AM

Sep 2012
The ending was good but i think a second season would be epic something like psycho pass 2 the destruction of the sybil system. Like somehow people find out about sybil and start protesting and going against the system and the system starts killing all the protesters and all the people who are against it and there will be some people who are for the sybil system. It would be something like deus ex and it would be interesting what side akane will chose and what the other characters (kougami) will chose. It would be more action but i would like if they're going to make a second season to keep that mystery feeling that the first season has and combine it with more action.
Mar 23, 2013 9:28 AM

May 2012
In a way, I think it's kinda needed. What PP did right is raising its questions and making them clear; on the other hand, it unsuccessfully tried to give us proper answers, although the ending succeded in doing that a little. If a 2nd season/OVA covers all the unanswered plot threads, it will definitely help in solving the show's flaws.
Mar 23, 2013 10:39 AM

Jul 2009
The final episode is good enough (and the anime as a whole), and doesn't need second season. Most likely If there was a 2nd season I should watch it....but no need I think.
yurkinMar 23, 2013 10:43 AM
Mar 23, 2013 11:29 AM
May 2012
Great, I guess I am the only one who speaks my mind about my thoughts in this anime but... NO one seems to care (Talked about so much rambles that I've been posted that really gets me confused sometimes)....

Great, my emotions & feelings are all over the place despite what happened in this anime.
Mar 23, 2013 12:44 PM

Jun 2009
I want one. But i dont think so.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Mar 23, 2013 4:12 PM

Dec 2011
Not necessarily.
Mar 23, 2013 5:57 PM

May 2010
Jets said:
Not necessarily.

Agreed, maybe an ova or movie wouldn't hurt tho.
Mar 25, 2013 4:59 AM
Sep 2011
Why no one asks Gen on his twitter if there will be a second season?
Mar 25, 2013 8:41 AM
Jul 2012
I say no it dosen't need a season 2. They covered all of the series needed. But they need a ova for the characters though. And a movie is also a plus too.
Mar 25, 2013 9:39 AM
May 2012
I wanna see the Sibyl gets destroyed!! Because I hated it about what happened during ep22 where you can hear an evil laugh at the end.

IF it finally does, the entire bullshit plan should be done by now! What happens when the new villain shows up, and it also has zero crime coefficient?!

GoldenBRS said:
I say no it dosen't need a season 2. They covered all of the series needed. But they need a ova for the characters though. And a movie is also a plus too.

Yeah that should've happen in the first place since that Yayoi episode was completely pointless as hell till I rather skip that & back to regular episode! Are you kidding me?! that flashback episode ends with 'Left hanging' I mean some plot holes & loose ends of it?! Does every anime had a same thing like this all the time? Wow... just wow.
JafriZinMar 25, 2013 9:48 AM
Mar 26, 2013 8:44 PM
Jan 2013
I think it was a good ending, though a second season with the new cast would be nice.. or a prequel. Though, PP itself felt like it was a prequel to another season :O but then again, who knows..
Feb 26, 2022 5:57 PM
Dec 2017
i hope if season 4 does come out it does finally end the series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.