Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 10:18 PM
Oct 2010
4/10, everything seemed so pointless until the last 5 or so episodes and then it ended in the most predictable way it could (although to be fair I saw this coming from a mile, this show wasn't intended for my demograph but I kept watching anyway). The ending was eh.. infact today was a day of disappointing endings between PP and this.. well I didn't have too much hopes for this one so I can't really call it disappointing.
Mar 21, 2013 10:23 PM
Aug 2007
Hybridbloodszak said:
At least the climax was entertaining

That's because you saw it in Iru-O. In reality nothing actually happened (they saw nothing). AR fights are lame.

Sawada comes in with the anti-Kojima "missile" code and proxy saves the day. Pretty anticlimactic.
Mar 21, 2013 10:29 PM
Jun 2011
I had this series at an 8/10 for almost the entire run, but the last few episodes brought it down to a 7/10 for me.

I think what hurt this show the most was how realistic it was trying to be. For me, I was expecting the Committee of 300 and the conspiracies to have more of an impact on the world and the characters, and I really wanted to see Kai and Aki build a robot just like Gunvarrell, and not just in physical appearance. I was expecting the robot to eventually become a badass killing machine that saves the world from the revolting robot army...and instead we got a slow, barely functional robot that somehow manages to defeat a singular enemy who's clearly better.

The characters saved the show, but this concept had so much potential that just never came to be.
Mar 21, 2013 10:33 PM

Jun 2008
That's It???

UGh....how anti-climatic!

This anime had a lot of great moments and tons of interests at one point....but the story was so convoluted it's kinda hard to appreciate it.

7/10......as usual, I'm generous with my ratings.
Mar 21, 2013 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
neontaster said:
Despite its many flaws, I couldn't help but enjoy this. I really liked the characters.

Same here! I really enjoyed Robotics;Notes as a whole. Characters were all likeable and just downright fun. Frau is the freakin' best though, always made me laugh. xD I admit this last episode was pretty cliche and quite anti-climatic but I still liked it. I just love how Gunvarrel became the 'hero' again. Kai becoming the astronaut and an actual Gunvarrel Robot was fully-built? Damn! It's a shame Daru didn't make an appearance, was looking forward to that so much.
Overall, giving Robotics;Notes an 8/10
Mar 21, 2013 10:49 PM

Jun 2010
What the fuck.

------------------

About the episode - Lame. That was some deus ex machina. Seriously, I know we've seen a lot of characters snap out of the hypnotism when some grand speech has been made but fuck. That was horrible. Aki's speech was bad as always. The only good thing about this episode is that Kai knows Misa always ducks 4 units to the right... Kimijima Kou's soldiers was defeated like no problem. No fuck was given.

-------------------

About the series,

Story - Story is average. One problem of the story is that a bunch of highschool kids and an old geezer can build a robot while there are thousands of adults there that didn't do shit about Kimijima Kou. Also there were a lot of Deus ex Machina moments. Especially the bird disarming Airi with the gun. What the fuck? That was like the worst possible way to get out of that situation. But to be honest, despite that, I thought the first half was really good. The mysteries and such. The build up was slow and nice so I was expecting a lot but this is what I get. Sigh.

Characters - Horrible characters. Kona, Sawada, Nae, Old geezer are the only decent ones. The rest are just BAD. Don't even need to explain.

Art - Art is average. Not bad but not really something to boast of.

Animation - I felt like Production I.G could have done a better job in the animation department. I mean, the animation is not bad but I just know that they can do more. I guess they prioritized Psycho-Pass more than this. Not that a great animation will change the lame conclusion but its a bit disappointing to see Production I.G not doing their best with this series considering how well people received S;G.

Sound - A bit above average. I must admit Kagome Kagome was catchy. Both opening and ending songs are also good.

Overall Enjoyment - As I've said I enjoyed the series up to episode 15 or something. The build up and hints for the big war was exciting. But well, I don't know. I don't know why it went GC. I know it won't really surpass S;G or get close to it from the start because of the characters but I am really disappointed. I would rather watch an Anime with boring, average start and a epic second half than the opposite. I guess all of us do.

6/10 The score from the bottom of my heart is 6.5 but...

Oh well, at least the first half is enjoyable. And this series is not even a bad anime compared to the others. Its just hella disappointing.
-MgZ_Mar 27, 2013 9:22 AM
Mar 21, 2013 10:55 PM

May 2012
Ohh Noooo.... i like how it end but ending didnt feel like ending to me, i cant feel any climax . .
overall i like the series its gonna be 8/10 for me.. and faru yeah u totally just died there :D.. gonna miss the robotics club!!! and WhoTheHell are those 3 astronauts lols..

Mar 21, 2013 11:01 PM
Jul 2011
Was this how the VN ended?
Mar 21, 2013 11:07 PM

Feb 2012
I really wish they there was atleast one more ep. The ending was just.. mehhhh. I knew they wouldn't be able to do a proper epilogue considering the content they had to fit in, but damn.. the ending was just so underwhelming. It just left you asking "That's it?".

This ending drops the rating by 1 for me - 6/10.
Mar 21, 2013 11:11 PM
Oct 2010
Making echo in the land of the lambs,

Meh.

6/10.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 21, 2013 11:13 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
The robot battle was lame as hell. It shouldn't have even been a close fight considering the specs and mobility between both robots, even with the whole "slow mo" thing going on. Whatever though, overall it was still fairly good. 7/10
Mar 21, 2013 11:30 PM

May 2012
wouldnt it make sense for aki to be the astronaut? and kai to be in the new gunpro at the end? since hes the one whos been piloting it the entire time..whatever...very anti-climatic series.
Mar 21, 2013 11:38 PM
Jul 2010
Under average ending, overall 7.5/10 series for me.
Still have some questions unanswered like what really happened to Frau's mother (director of the Gunvarrell show), and others I don't remember at this moment.
Mar 21, 2013 11:47 PM

Jun 2011
dacak said:
Roxkis said:
I don't know what i was hoping for with all things considered but that wasn't it.

kinda how i feel too. not that I hated the show or anything just expected the final episode to have more....IMPACT!

Exactly. Also so whats the explanation of killing those top Kill-balad(spelling?) players?
7/10
Mar 21, 2013 11:49 PM

Aug 2011
The series started off mediocre then got a lot better, and then became mediocre again right towards the end... And I really didn't like Aki for some reason.

I was actually planning on giving this a 9 when all that tension was still there in the show, especially when Mizuka died, and the conspiracy was being unraveled. Disappointing ending.
RaisinMuffinsMar 21, 2013 11:54 PM
Mar 22, 2013 12:15 AM

Jan 2012
that's it????? well i expected some fast-paced action of those robot battle lol
and i think yashio will got faint or something like that because of overdosed lol

well good series in overall
Mar 22, 2013 12:38 AM

Jul 2012
This was fun to watch for sure at most parts but it kinda ended with a lack luster bang. :/ I am kinda disappointed a bit with how it ended without reading the VN. I was expecting... well more after all of the thread hype?

Not sure what to rate...
lanfireMar 22, 2013 12:43 AM
Mar 22, 2013 12:40 AM

Dec 2009
I dunno what to think about R;N. I didn't like Aki all that much, but Kai grew on me over time and Frau was very entertaining and sweet. The music was awesome, there were a few scenes that really made my hair stand on end in anticipation. But overall, the plot was kinda meh and didn't draw me in much. It was still an entertaining anime, but I do agree with many others that something was lacking and it could've been so much more. I'm a little disappointed, but still glad I watched it after all. It was still one of the better animes this season in my opinion.

I really hope this encourages more studios to attempt sci fi (non bullshit harem) animes in the future!
u2blahMar 22, 2013 12:50 AM
Mar 22, 2013 12:43 AM
Sep 2012
The robot fight wasn't as great as I hoped it would be. It was an ass-pull that Kai was able to use that slow motion 3 times after all that talk of him possibly dying since he collapsed the first time it was activated.

Next, how is it that a fast robot couldn't destroy that truck when it's so fast i the first place? That's just stupid! Everyone knows that a truck like that - especially a truck in Japan - don't have much power and are slow. I liked how the two robots nearly killed each other in the end, but the fight just ended so anti-climatically. I mean, all that build up and it just ended with Nae imputing the cancel order just in time.

Also, what's up with those 3 astronauts flying into space? They just put that there without any explanation. Even Chaos;Head had a better ending than this one - and that show was ultra condensed. So disappointed. 6/10 for me.
Mar 22, 2013 1:17 AM

Jun 2008
AiCon said:

Also, what's up with those 3 astronauts flying into space? They just put that there without any explanation.

It was Kai, and the girl on top of the "real" Gunvarrel Robot is Akiho. MANY THINGS were OMITTED from the VN.

MANY THINGS... TT_TT

I honestly can't think why that they can't actually push the series into a full 24/25 episode series... It would surely be less compacted and rushed like this....

Robotic;Notes is in indeed the weakest, when compared to Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate. But this adaptation is just making it seems like it's the worst thing ever....
kaimaxMar 22, 2013 1:22 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 22, 2013 1:19 AM

Jan 2013
I dropped at ep 13, soon after I restarted watching, and it was good and tense till some point.

Final Score : I regret watching this.
DawnJMar 22, 2013 1:52 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 22, 2013 1:21 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AiCon said:
The robot fight wasn't as great as I hoped it would be. It was an ass-pull that Kai was able to use that slow motion 3 times after all that talk of him possibly dying since he collapsed the first time it was activated.

Yeah I was expecting at least some kind of repercussion from using that slow-motion trigger thing. He should have at the very least collapsed or something, it's supposed to be a huge strain on his heart/body...

Hm and people were complaining about PP's ending. Nope, PP's ending was great, this was...meh. This definitely felt empty, and there's nothing really left to ponder about. It's just...an end. This anime has had a lot of good moments but I don't think the anime as a whole was executed that well. It was like a slice-of-life and mystery but they weren't really integrated together :/ I'm stuck between rating this a 6 or 7.
Mar 22, 2013 1:25 AM

Jan 2011
It was a fun ride i already knew i was expecting to much out of this from the start,just something about this ending...didn't like it at all.

Giving this a 8/10 but feels like a 7.
Mar 22, 2013 1:28 AM

Jan 2008
That was one of the lamest endings I've seen in a while. Deus Ex Machina + all of the over-used troopes. Yeah, 2 episodes ago, one seizure knocks him out, but now he can take 3. That's bullshit. 5/10 for the whole thing, for having been 50% filler. Why were Jun and Subaru even IN this show? They could have been replaced by... anything really.
Mar 22, 2013 1:33 AM

Jun 2008
DmonHiro said:
Deus Ex Machina + all of the over-used troopes..

There's no Deux Ex Machina, it's just the fact that the adaptation was too butchered and omitted way too many of the tech explanations that was there in the original VN...

Eventhough it's weaker than Chaos;head and Steins;Gate, the original source itself is pretty good. but...damn it...
FUCK YOU Production IG...

Mar 22, 2013 1:37 AM

Feb 2010
overall i really liked it but the last ep was really poor and very anti-climax 7/10.
Mar 22, 2013 1:37 AM

Jun 2011
kaimax said:
DmonHiro said:
Deus Ex Machina + all of the over-used troopes..

There's no Deux Ex Machina, it's just the fact that the adaptation was too butchered and omitted way too many of the tech explanations that was there in the original VN...

Eventhough it's weaker than Chaos;head and Steins;Gate, the original source itself is pretty good. but...damn it...
FUCK YOU Production IG...

Nah, FUCK YOU Hanada Juuki.
Mar 22, 2013 1:38 AM

Jan 2008
"Hey, here's a device that can trigger your slow-motion seizure!"
"Hey, here's a device that can fool Kou's IR!"
"Hey, here are some monopoles that fell for the sky so you can build your motors!"
"Hey, here's this program that can delete Kou!"
"Hey, for some reason, your carppy robot CAN MATCH THE SPEED OF YOUR SLOW-MOTION REACTION TIME!
"Hey, I made it so you can take 3 heart attacks in a row without much damage!"
"Hey, now you're an astronaut!"

Yeah... I'm going to stick to my deus-ex machina complain. Since I haven't read the VN, these are all major D-E M for me.
DmonHiroMar 22, 2013 1:42 AM
Mar 22, 2013 1:42 AM

Jun 2008
DmonHiro said:

Yeah... I'm going to stick to my deus-ex machina complain. Since I haven't read the VN, these are all major D-E M for me.

I'm just saying that they are "originally" not, but this adaptation made them look like D-E M.

The astronaut one really "hurt" though....they have the gall to show that when Kai never explained it at all in this anime... GAH

I've mixed feelings.....

Mar 22, 2013 1:43 AM

Oct 2012
DmonHiro said:
"Hey, here's a device that can trigger your slow-motion seizure!"
"Hey, here's a device that can fool Kou's IR!"
"Hey, here are some monopoles that fell for the sky so you can build your motors!"
"Hey, here's this program that can delete Kou!"
"Hey, I made it so you can take 3 heart attacks in a row without much damage!"
"Hey, now you're an astronaut!"

I never thought of some of these things, but yeah, the final was so cliche, I wanted to rate it a 8 because I liked some episodes and scenes, but with this ending and other reasons (some are are listed above) a 7 is fair enough, I don't feel it like an 8 anymore.
Mar 22, 2013 1:50 AM

May 2012
Better than stiens;gate.
Mar 22, 2013 2:19 AM

Sep 2009
kaimax said:
AiCon said:

Also, what's up with those 3 astronauts flying into space? They just put that there without any explanation.

It was Kai, and the girl on top of the "real" Gunvarrel Robot is Akiho. MANY THINGS were OMITTED from the VN.

MANY THINGS... TT_TT

I honestly can't think why that they can't actually push the series into a full 24/25 episode series... It would surely be less compacted and rushed like this....
I just thought about how cool a sequel to this show could be...with the protagonists being older and a more advanced Gunvarrel to fight bad guys with.
Mar 22, 2013 2:21 AM

Nov 2008
Roxkis said:
Slow ass robot suddenly can swing left and right fast as hell? GTFO!! Could the big ass spider robot not swing horizontally!? Like really,was the smaller robot not fast enough to run behind the big, slow ass robot!!?? If this fight was simulated with any kind of remote bit of realism, Kai and crew would have all been killed.

First i would want to say that this is an anime and not ment to be realistic(black hole bomb to the sun).

Also i think that the robot was not being realy "fast" it was most likely just Aki's perfect timing. Which he was able to do because of his slow motion "skill" and experience through playing so much that robot game.

Well anyway...Unrealistic stuff like this can seen in almost all animes and hollywood movies.

What comes to series i gave it 9/10. Not it being perfect or awesome like Steins:Gate.It's Just because i felt like it. It was solid and interesting piece that was able to keep me watching it every week(I dont watch anime as much as i did before).Oh and i enjoyed the characters. I guess after couple days or weeks i will lower the score to 8 or 7/10, but we shall see.
Mar 22, 2013 2:25 AM
Mar 2008
The show itself was interesting, but the last 3-4 episodes completely ruined everything and they just went with deus ex machina everywhere and shit. What a waste.
5/10, and I'm being generous.
another_anonMar 22, 2013 2:29 AM

Jan 2010
-Atomsk- said:
Better than stiens;gate.

Cute troll
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 2010
-Atomsk- said:
Better than stiens;gate.

Cute troll.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 2:35 AM

Mar 2011
Well, I just watched it.
Overall score is 6/10. Just because of the first half and characters.
While there wasn't much char-development, characters themselves were very good.
Well, and, still better than Chaos;Head anime. At least there wasn't much original content from animators. And, like I said, the first half too was pretty good.
Production IG or Hanada Juuki, whoever it was, the show is ruined by them.
Like someone said on youtube, it seems that odd-number Curse from StarTrek fandom is now stroke SciADV-adaptations.
I hope that SciADV4 anime will be good.
Pretty sad that I'm mostly depend on other people's words about the VN. If it wasn't the case and I could read it, I've never started to watch an anime in the first place.
FinjasApr 3, 2015 5:18 AM

Mar 22, 2013 2:40 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it wasn't good as Steins Gate, that's obvious.

Too much ass pulls and plot armor, Kimijima could have slash that junk into pieces easily but nooo, good guys always win even when it doesn't make sense.

I guess 6/10 will be good enough.

Mar 22, 2013 2:45 AM

May 2009
Heh, almost missed that Aki was on Gunvarrel at the end of episode.
Mar 22, 2013 2:54 AM

Jun 2011
Finjas said:
Well, I just watched it.
While there wasn't much char-development, characters themselves was very good.
Well, and, still better than Chaos;Head anime. At least there wasn't much original content from animators. And, like I said, the first half too was pretty good.
Like someone said on youtube, it seems that odd-number Curse from StarTrek fandom is now stroke SciADV-adaptations.
Pretty sad that I'm mostly depend on other people's words about the VN. If it wasn't the case and I could read it, I've never started to watch an anime in the first place.

Haha it's a curse they inherited from their KID's days, the 3rd installment in a series always takes the hit. And about the anime, I'm pretty sure it's the fault of Hanada. When there's something wrong it's him who directed that episode. Damn.
Mar 22, 2013 2:59 AM

Dec 2011
Whoa. Quite satisfied on how it ended.
Was a decent watch. 8/10 for me.
Mar 22, 2013 3:00 AM

Sep 2012
It got good for a few episodes, I guess.
But the last episodes were like.. what?
Yeah, he conveniently stumbled upon a device that triggers seizures that help him control robots better because he sees reality in slow motion, after nearly dying from the first time, he triggers it 3 more times and is only slightly fatigued, what? How did they not expect it to go after the truck behind the robot? Then they did that generic shit where they overcome shit with the power of love, and overtook Kou's mind control like that, instead of coming up with a more clever way of dealing with it. It's like it was really inspired for a while and then the writers decided, "Fuck it, lets take the most generic route from here on.", pisses me off that a show that I looked forward to every week did this.
Mar 22, 2013 3:00 AM

Mar 2011
Kansokusha said:
Finjas said:
Well, I just watched it.
While there wasn't much char-development, characters themselves was very good.

Haha it's a curse they inherited from their KID's days, the 3rd installment in a series always takes the hit.

Really? I actually did like Remember 11 more than other installments and think that it's a great thriller which is underrated.
I heard that there was hating somewhere, but never really faced it myself. Even more, if there is hating, I think R11 didn't deserve it at all.

Mar 22, 2013 3:06 AM
May 2012
so in the end, why was this anime referencing steins;gate's divergence and chaos;head's "so no me dare no me", just because they can? i thought they would come up with an explanation how they are connected ...
Mar 22, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2012
They tried to do something new to the mecha genre. Not so successful since the primitive stages of the robot fights aren't exactly exciting to watch. the other aspects of the show seemed so plain that it doesn't really spark any IMPACT-O to my interests. At least Frau was a well made character.

Would not miss this show.

Du-hu-hu out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 22, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2008
MEH ending to a MEH series.

4/10
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 22, 2013 3:28 AM

Sep 2012
That lacked impact.
Mar 22, 2013 3:44 AM

Jun 2008
for the ending was so-so, but I still enjoyed it & frau ftw!
8/10

Mar 22, 2013 3:56 AM

Nov 2012
thank god that's over. i hated every character apart from aki & i was secretly hoping kai would die tbh. but no, he became an astronaut... god this show was beyond uneven.
Mar 22, 2013 4:00 AM
Feb 2013
To be honest, this episode was better than I expected (which was: like previous episodes...)

samurai1993 said:
Maybe it was just me, but I took the "5 minutes left running on batteries" thing as an Evangelion reference

That was my thought too. :)
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.