Forum Settings
Forums

Kawamori Shoji's New Project 'The Fool' Announced

New
Mar 21, 2013 2:25 AM

Feb 2008
According to Mainichi Newspaper, Kawamori Shoji has announced his new multimedia project, "The Fool", which involves anime and live stages.

The Fool official website

The first title "Nobunaga The Fool" will be shown this winter. It will be a sci-fi robot action featuring historical characters such as Oda Nobunaga.

Source: Mainichi

Nobunaga the Fool on MAL
NaruleachNov 18, 2013 12:25 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 21, 2013 2:28 AM

Mar 2012
Playing with mecha again.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 21, 2013 2:31 AM

Jan 2011
This guy is just full of surprises.
[center]
Mar 21, 2013 2:58 AM
Mar 2010
This reminds me of Soukou Akki Muramasa in some ways so far.
Mar 21, 2013 3:00 AM

Jun 2008
No idea what to expect with that combination, but the artwork on the website sure looks great o.o
Mar 21, 2013 3:29 AM

Aug 2011
THAT... sounds flipping awesome!
Mar 21, 2013 3:34 AM

Sep 2012
Don't tell me Nobunaga is a cyborg this time round...
symbvMar 21, 2013 3:56 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 21, 2013 3:55 AM

Aug 2008
It will be a sci-fi robot action...
Yay!
...featuring historical characters such as Oda Nobunaga.
Never mind -_-
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 21, 2013 3:56 AM
Feb 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Playing with mecha again.

And Oda Nobunaga.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 21, 2013 3:57 AM

May 2011
Kawamori Shoji. Watching it.
Mar 21, 2013 3:59 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
As always it will be moe gender bender.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 21, 2013 5:04 AM
Mar 2010
If this becomes an anime, I'll watch it for sure just for Kazuki Yone. Her art is AMAZING.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 21, 2013 5:14 AM

Mar 2011
Antanaru said:
It will be a sci-fi robot action...
Yay!
...featuring historical characters such as Oda Nobunaga.
Never mind -_-
Same here. Probably going to skip this one.
Mar 21, 2013 5:18 AM

Dec 2012
VioLink said:

The question is, will he do anything other than Mecha (excluding that one idol show)
Mar 21, 2013 5:23 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
VioLink said:

The question is, will he do anything other than Mecha (excluding that one idol show)
Even that idol show has a lot of mecha, right?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 21, 2013 5:24 AM

May 2010
Mecha with historical characters, that's something new ;) Who knows, may be interesting, looking forward to more info.
Mar 21, 2013 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:

Yea, imagine that! I wonder if he got hit by a toy robot as a kid.
Mar 21, 2013 5:42 AM

Jan 2012
symbv said:
I wouldn't mind it, I'm sure Kawamori will manage to make it epic either way.

Highly looking forward to this, the premise sounds just ridiculous enough for this to become amazing.
Mar 21, 2013 7:49 AM

Oct 2008
ThangLong said:
VioLink said:

Though this is coming from a giant mecha fan, I don't see anything wrong with only making mecha. Maybe people don't find mecha as awesome as other genres (mecha gets tons of hate, especially among MAL users) but for the most part he is amazing at what he does. I would guess that ever since the success of Macross, he just rode the mecha train.
Mar 21, 2013 8:03 AM

Sep 2012
Kirahito said:
Maybe people don't find mecha as awesome as other genres (mecha gets tons of hate, especially among MAL users)
Really? I have a feeling that although mecha has declined in popularity in Japan, overseas fans cannot have enough of mecha and space sci-fi stuff. Perhaps I am mistaken?

Kirahito said:
but for the most part he is amazing at what he does. I would guess that ever since the success of Macross, he just rode the mecha train.
From interview I read about Kawamori I think he is a big mecha lover even before Macross, and of course as you said he is great at what he does so it makes sense for him to stick to it, both for his interest and his career.

Mar 21, 2013 8:43 AM

Dec 2012
Kirahito said:
Though this is coming from a giant mecha fan, I don't see anything wrong with only making mecha. Maybe people don't find mecha as awesome as other genres (mecha gets tons of hate, especially among MAL users)

I've liked Mecha ever seen I saw the Voltron series a long time ago. I still remember putting all that plastic robot lions together. I don't see the hate around here, maybe because I've not hanged around this site for long. Even so, that cannot be worse then Moe and Fujoshi hate. I feel Mecha is a genre that just "be" there, and no one bothers to joke at.

Kirahito said:
but for the most part he is amazing at what he does. I would guess that ever since the success of Macross, he just rode the mecha train.

Yea, he is good at designing robots. That's why I thought he got hit by one as a kid xD. But after being burned by Aquarion Evol, I'm not eager to jump at anything he creates anytime soon,
Mar 21, 2013 9:09 AM

Jun 2011
The name immediately caught my eye and the character design is cool, but whenever an anime re-imagines historical figures such as Nobunaga I really can't bring myself to like it most of the time.
Mar 21, 2013 9:40 AM

Jun 2011
phoenixalia said:
If this becomes an anime, I'll watch it for sure just for Kazuki Yone. Her art is AMAZING.

Yep. I don't mind mecha and I'm a fan of historical anime, but the art was what really decided for me on this one.
Mar 21, 2013 9:46 AM

Jun 2008
What's next? "The Moron"? Seems like the amount of original title names has run out.
DizzeeMar 22, 2013 7:48 AM
Mar 21, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
Dizzee said:
What's next? "The Moron"? Seems like the amount original title names has run out.
Why so surprised? Just look at movies coming from Hollywood and see how often we see movie names with single word or single word with a "The".

Mar 21, 2013 10:09 AM
Jun 2009
Dizzee said:
What's next? "The Moron"? Seems like the amount original title names has run out.

You haven't heard of the tarot card?
Mar 21, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
Art in the website is cool, could be awesome
Alcyone. Electra. Maia. Taygeta. Calaeno. Asterope. Merope.
By the blessing of the Seven Sisters,
I descend from four hundred lightyears in space!
I AM MR PLEIADES!!
Mar 21, 2013 10:16 AM

Mar 2010
You want Kawamori anime with no mecha in it? How bout you take one of the best 90s anime films and man's best non-Macross work: Spring and Chaos which is critically celebrated but obscure as fuck straight for tv special/film about life of Kenji Miyazawa.

Arjuna also has no mecha in it unless you *really* want to interprept kawamori's take on one hindu divine figure as mecha (it appears in anime whopping two times to boot). As for Kawamori shows Kawamori has created/written but not directed Kirumin counts as it is shoujo show about cute "animal detectives". Earth Defence Family is borderline case as it's more super sentai parody than mecha (though one episode features mecha unit for one scene)

As a rule Kawamori shows having mecha to one extent or another should go without saying because the man is first of all legendary mechanical designer whose CV is to largest degree filled with design work. He's creator in largest sense of term after that, director distant third.

In short Kawamori production without mechas is anomaly. Prima facie assumption should be that there will be mecahs.

Dizzee said:

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if The Fool is used iin sense of jester

ThangLong said:

Yea, he is good at designing robots. That's why I thought he got hit by one as a kid xD. But after being burned by Aquarion Evol, I'm not eager to jump at anything he creates anytime soon,

Watching AKB0048 should work as antedote for that. It's genuinely very good and fun show and way better than Evol trainwreck was.
XardieMar 21, 2013 10:20 AM
Mar 21, 2013 12:31 PM

Dec 2007
Only director I cares about. Kawamori-san is a genius. I'm down for this project.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 21, 2013 2:09 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
dtshyk said:

The first title "Nobunaga The Fool" will be shown this winter. It will be a sci-fi robot action featuring historical characters such as Oda Nobunaga.

Mecha Sengoku Basara? Yes, please.
Mar 21, 2013 2:18 PM

Sep 2009
Another crazy sci-fi from Kawamori. Definitely would watch.
Mar 21, 2013 3:08 PM

May 2011
ThangLong said:
symbv said:

Yea, imagine that! I wonder if he got hit by a toy robot as a kid.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got hit by an actual robot. ;)
Mar 21, 2013 5:42 PM

Mar 2009
This is very interesting, just for being him :3
Mar 21, 2013 8:29 PM

Aug 2011
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:

Uh, Kazuki Yone's doing the character designs, so I doubt it. Plus ANN's article shows visuals of it.

This seems interesting and I'm kinda a fan of Kazuki Yone's art too. :D
Mar 21, 2013 11:29 PM

Mar 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:

Uh, Kazuki Yone's doing the character designs, so I doubt it. Plus ANN's article shows visuals of it.

This seems interesting and I'm kinda a fan of Kazuki Yone's art too. :D
I'm just joking.

BatoKusanagi said:
dtshyk said:

Mecha Sengoku Basara? Yes, please.
But Honda Tadakasu is mecha?
Mar 22, 2013 2:18 AM

May 2012
Kyo is that you ?

Kyo, looks like we meet again.

/KyoSamuraiDeeper
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 22, 2013 4:38 AM

Jan 2011
Two of my favorite genres together!
Awesome! *really excited* Ah....too many
anime coming out this year that I'm looking
forward to. *_*
Mar 22, 2013 5:28 AM

Jun 2010
So, Nobunaga is going to be some j-pop idol...?
Mar 22, 2013 9:44 AM

Apr 2011
Perfect more Oda Nobunaga... -__-
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 22, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2010
Just leave Nobunaga alone please.
Mar 22, 2013 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
phoenixalia said:

Totally agree- her art got my attention on the website *__*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 3:10 PM
Sep 2012
Kazuki Yone is involved with the art? Consider me interested.
Mar 23, 2013 2:52 AM

Jun 2012
I like that character. And I do like mecha.^^
Nov 7, 2013 12:30 PM

Aug 2011
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-07/shoji-kawamori-nobunaga-the-fool-project-gets-tv-anime

So it's getting a TV anime. I'm quite excited for this, the key visual looks great.
Nov 7, 2013 12:42 PM
Mar 2012
Laciie said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-07/shoji-kawamori-nobunaga-the-fool-project-gets-tv-anime

So it's getting a TV anime. I'm quite excited for this, the key visual looks great.

The original source is saying it is scheduled to air January 2014, I wonder if there is a better scan for it.
Nov 7, 2013 1:20 PM

Jan 2011
Laciie said:

Oh hey this looks cool.
melina_putri said:
The original source is saying it is scheduled to air January 2014, I wonder if there is a better scan for it.

Awesome.
[center]
Nov 7, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2012
melina_putri said:
Laciie said:

Interesting that ANN did not put this most important information (the schedule) in its article.

Official website: http://www.nobunaga.tv/

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.