Forum Settings
Forums

Looking for an anime where romance blossoms from action.

New
Mar 18, 2013 5:41 PM

Feb 2013
I'm looking for an anime that's similar to Sword Art Online, where the male and female protagonists:

In other words, an anime where action is mixed in with romance, but where the romance is actually a big part of the plot. Where the romance blossoms due to their experiences with one another in a dangerous environment. Where they feel as though they would do anything to protect their loved one.

I just realised how corny that sounds, but yeah, that's what i'm looking for. That makes sense, right?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, another minor example;
The romance in Inuyasha:

But i'm looking for something more similar to Sword Art Online than Inuyasha, to be honest.

I'm not saying that the storyline has to be about some crazy VMMORPG fantasy, I mean in the aspect of what the romance was like in Sword Art Online. I'm sure you understand.
JazzuuMar 18, 2013 5:45 PM
Mar 18, 2013 5:43 PM

May 2008
Katanagatari.

Kara no Kyoukai.

Highschool of the Dead.
Mar 18, 2013 5:43 PM

Feb 2013
FauxAzn said:
Highschool of the Dead.

Seen that already, but thanks :)
Mar 18, 2013 5:44 PM

Mar 2012
Shakugan no Shana
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 18, 2013 5:50 PM

Apr 2008
Katanagatari

Blue Gender (Mecha)

Gundam 0083

Gundam the 08th MS team

Seikai no Monshou +Sequels

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen (In a way it all spawns from fighting)

Terra E (although romance isn't a major theme)
apatch3Mar 18, 2013 5:54 PM
Mar 18, 2013 5:52 PM

Jun 2012
ExistentDesire said:
Gradually become close to each other and love blossoms between the two. For example, Kirito and Asuna, after enduring many hardships, fall in love and bonds between the two are created, they feel as though they're meant to be, they care for one another more than they do themselves(shown when they basically sacrifice themselves for each other in many situations). They even got married and became a family <3

An then you realize it's no more than a video game, and that Kirito is a lowlife otaku irl.
Mar 18, 2013 5:54 PM
May 2010
YorozuyaGinSan said:
ExistentDesire said:
Gradually become close to each other and love blossoms between the two. For example, Kirito and Asuna, after enduring many hardships, fall in love and bonds between the two are created, they feel as though they're meant to be, they care for one another more than they do themselves(shown when they basically sacrifice themselves for each other in many situations). They even got married and became a family <3

An then you realize it's no more than a video game, and that Kirito is a lowlife otaku irl.

Dear god, thats like missing a point the size of the sun, but whatever.

Shana was a good suggestion, if you havent seen it.
Worships Asparagus.
Mar 18, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2008
I only listed three, but I honestly could list a dozen. But instead, why don't you just Action + Romance genre filter it yourself:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=&type=0&score=0&status=0&tag=&p=0&r=0&sm=0&sd=0&sy=0&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&gx=0&genre[0]=1&genre[1]=22&o=3&w=1

(copy and paste the entire link rather than clicking half the highlighted link)
Mar 18, 2013 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
ExistentDesire said:

I thought it was nice...they still searched for each other outside of the 'game', their love was existent in any reality.
Mar 18, 2013 6:04 PM

Sep 2012
loved sword art onlne and INUYASHA!!

anyways
take a look at my list:
Bobby_S Animelist
the ones rated from 7 and up should be good enough..

I highly recommend these :
Fate Stay Night
Shakugan no Shana
Elemental gelade
Chrono Crusade
Busou Renkin
and maybe Zero no Tsukaima
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2013 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
Moved from anime discussion to recommendations

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

17 by PlasticRobot »»
1 hour ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
10 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
11 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.