Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion

Mar 18, 2013 8:46 PM

MANY TEARS WERE SHED!!! ;_; Best episode of Sakurasou, HANDS DOWN! This episode was animated beautifully, everything was so perfect. Misaki's speech was so touching and the OST fit so well. Very emotional, really hit me hard. When the OP song came on as Sorata was shouting on the stage it made me so happy. Getting all the students to be against the demolition of Sakurasou, heck yeah! It was very thoughtful of Rita to make those cherry blossom badges/pins. That song at the end was so sweet. :) Also, I loved those Rita X Ryuunosuke scenes. <3

100/5

Mar 18, 2013 9:15 PM

Damn you for making me shed my manly tears. :'(

Mar 18, 2013 9:17 PM

oh mah goodness, the FEELS!
dang you for making me shed these tears!!!!

Mar 18, 2013 9:18 PM

MAAAAAN. totally love this episode. can't stop crying. waaaaa~
5/5

Mar 18, 2013 9:21 PM

You don't shed manly tears while watching Sakurasou I'm pretty sure those where girly tears.

Needs moar Former Freeloader x Ryuunosuke

Mar 18, 2013 9:25 PM

Nearly teared up, fantastic episode.

One more episode left, it's been a great ride.

Mar 18, 2013 9:52 PM

One of the best speeches i have ever heard.Way to go misaki :D

Mar 18, 2013 10:10 PM

Okay it's time to admit that Misaki has completely stolen the show, for me she's one of the best female char of the season. What a touching speech, this ep is the best episode, the highlight of entire series and it will be never forgotten.

All the flashbacks fit very well with every words, the character's expression, all were perfect. And I didn't know Misaki could pull out something great like that. Whoever wrote that speech deserves to get praised. Btw, how sweet looking at Ryuunosuke and Rita <3

And all the drama ... special thanks to Okada Mari, she did a perfect job at the series composition role, she just knows how to focus on emotional impacts. (Zetsuen no Tempest is also one of my fav along with Sakurasou, and she is the series composition for both of them)

Mar 18, 2013 10:45 PM

Tear jerker. Whole episode was basically a speech... I guess that's okay though.

Mar 18, 2013 10:50 PM
I kept thinking of that scene from evangelion when i was listening to that song

Mar 18, 2013 10:51 PM

not that great.

the way they're ending this is a little too big for it's pants and you really have to suspend disbelief, more than usual, for this anime to work. i've loved it up until maybe 4 eps ago, when they found out sakurasou was getting shut down. i guess i expected these last episodes to resolve the love triangle.

Mar 18, 2013 10:58 PM
Couldn't squeeze out any tears, but I felt the sheer sadness during Misaki's speech D:, I love Sakurasou's piano music though, just made it that much better.

Mar 18, 2013 11:03 PM

AH! This was so good.

It took everything I had not to cry. And I still think I shed a couple tears during the speech.....glorious.

*edit*

I think if I would have had a couple of beers before watching, I would have cried like a little girl.

Mar 18, 2013 11:06 PM

I'll just say that I shed manly tears. Touching episode. From the speech Misaki gave to when they told Kanda to shutup. Really love this series. Hope they make another season of when Kanda and the others are in their final year of highschool

I really don't want the next episode to come T____T

Mar 18, 2013 11:08 PM
i swear i wanna give 15/10 score on here if i can :D

so tearjerking especially when misaki speech + when they sing ED song..

i remembered when i graduate from high school..

Mar 18, 2013 11:12 PM

Totally did not expect this anime to make me cry (;_; )

Mar 18, 2013 11:21 PM

Rita & Ryuunosuke gif

Nanami and Mashiro singing

more gifs and screenshots
http://vpzmgrk.minus.com/muWtLxoQ2toE3

Mar 18, 2013 11:32 PM
Well while the most of it didn't move me at all,
the ending performance of Kyou no Hi ha Sayounara got me.

The next episode title, 'Welcome to Sakurasou'
;_;

Mar 18, 2013 11:45 PM

Mar 19, 2013 12:16 AM

Wow, really. That was too amazing, the feels were everywhere!

10/5 (or something), it really deserves it. I didn't want the episode to end T_T (not that I cried, but it's about as close as it gets with me ^^).

Sakurasou will not die! and I'm sure many juniors will want to join ^^

Mar 19, 2013 12:31 AM

Very emotional episode. I probably teared up as much as Nanamin. Gorgeous speech and great shout-outs.

Mar 19, 2013 12:41 AM
Ahaha, it happened again~. I have a tendency to put my focus onto to one or two characters and have it stay on those characters. Sure, I liked Misaki's speach, very moving I guess, Sorata was a little too into it. Jin always has his nice moments, Mashiro is neutral/leaning towards like as always, and Aoyama still annoys me somewhat.....

Yet, throughout the entire episode I was just waiting for Ryuunosuke and Rita to appear. Those two almost immeditely grabbed my attention and still hold it.

But now I feel bad for not being able to focus on the actual point...

Mar 19, 2013 12:42 AM

Nobody mentioned it so far, but I loved the way Jin was teasing Misaki in the beginning <3

Speech made me teary

and it looks like all went according to keikaku - get the public opinion on your side and they cannot demolish sakurasou w/o taking a hit to their reputation
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

Mar 19, 2013 1:35 AM

Touching and very emotional episode, feels like true ending! 10/10

Mar 19, 2013 1:40 AM

UtsukushiiYume said:
UGLY SOBBING EVERYWHERE. I have never sobbed for a full seventeen minutes before. This show is too much. This was one of the most well made graduation scenes in anime that I've seen before. It was so. I just. ALL MY TEARS.

5/5 for this episode, the best episode of the series.

Mar 19, 2013 1:52 AM

How come Mashiro and Rita knows how to sing this song when they were in England most their lives. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. When Jin grabbed Misaki , <3 .

Awesome Sig by Lailide

Mar 19, 2013 2:08 AM

HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY TEARS FOR MY GRADUATION ON FRIDAY??!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!! GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 19, 2013 2:22 AM

Not a bad episode, but it felt a bit too over dramatic and unrealistic to me. Nonetheless, it at least brought back some good Evangelion memories. 3.5/5, rounding up to 4/5, for this episode.

Mar 19, 2013 2:50 AM

Best ep of the series hands down.

Quite tear-jerker.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.

Mar 19, 2013 3:01 AM

I almost cried. It was beautiful!

Mar 19, 2013 3:24 AM

The graduation scene from Azumanga Daioh still makes me cry more, but... I admit I got teary. :(

Mar 19, 2013 3:28 AM

I just had the longest smile in my entire life.
Modified by RedgraveGilver, Mar 19, 2013 3:31 AM

Mar 19, 2013 3:47 AM

This just emphasised how overdone the sad moments are in this anime. I've never seen so much tears in one scene. :D

Good episode, though now I wonder what they left for the last one. I'd like if they resolved the Shiina/Nanami thing, but somehow I have a feeling that won't happen.

Mar 19, 2013 3:55 AM

*tears* :( Good episode best speech ever!

Mar 19, 2013 4:25 AM
Stupid dust, getting in my eyes at the most annoying times...

5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Mar 19, 2013 4:25 AM

Why people say they cried from this episode is beyond me....(Monkey see Monkey do ?).
For a show that tried to focus on reality on it's second part this was very unrealistic.....

Dragon and Rita are awesome as always man i wish they were the main couple( or at least had more screen time like Jin & Misaki ) it would have been way better than that half assed love triangle.
Sorata annoying as fuck.. nothing new here.

What with the ridiculous melodrama and forced drama ? they act like that building is the only way for them to keep being friends....They are graduating not dying.

I don't get what happend to the drama part in this show it was actually good in the beginning ( EX: Rita and her feelings of inferiority towards mashiro and Dragon confronting her)
that was good and not forced or anything..

Mar 19, 2013 4:28 AM
im crying :( the best anime i have ever seen :(

Mar 19, 2013 4:33 AM

Really good episode. Loved it. Shed a few tears myself. I'm really hoping that the next episode "Welcome to Sakurasou" is a setup for a 2nd season. I don't know anything about the LN's though so i'm not even sure if the content is there. I need moar Shiina though <3
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Mar 19, 2013 5:51 AM

tsudecimo said:
Why people say they cried from this episode is beyond me....(Monkey see Monkey do ?).
For a show that tried to focus on reality on it's second part this was very unrealistic.....

Dragon and Rita are awesome as always man i wish they were the main couple( or at least had more screen time like Jin & Misaki ) it would have been way better than that half assed love triangle.
Sorata annoying as fuck.. nothing new here.

What with the ridiculous melodrama and forced drama ? they act like that building is the only way for them to keep being friends....They are graduating not dying.

I don't get what happend to the drama part in this show it was actually good in the beginning ( EX: Rita and her feelings of inferiority towards mashiro and Dragon confronting her)
that was good and not forced or anything..

Indeed, a lot of forced feelings and drama. It's still quite a good show, I enjoyed it. But yeah, less cliche moments and less forced drama would have made it better.

Mar 19, 2013 6:01 AM

Not sure how u guys define those feelings as "forced" one, normally in Asian countries, friends from highschool are always the closest and parting from them was always a very painful memory of mine. I shred tears after graduating from the highschool, when we all cheered for each other(some of them I've not seen their faces again in real life for years after graduating, except through social media).

Those feelings aren't really strong in Western countries(btw I'm studying aboard), but it's entirely different in Asian cultures. Especially if you know that Jin and Misaki were graduated students and they won't come back to Sakurasou or meet their juniors, friends for at least several years, each has a different path.

So, to sum up, those feelings were very natural for me. And Sakurasou acts as a "symbol" for their friendship, to tell everyone that there are people who live in Sakurasou, they have friends and dreams as well, they ain't freak. The speech hit me hard near the ending. Cliché then yes, but totally not "forced" feelings.
Modified by Takana_no_Hana, Mar 19, 2013 6:06 AM

Mar 19, 2013 6:05 AM

This episode made me shed tears of manliness... loved it. I'm quite excited to see what's going to happen at the last episode.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Mar 19, 2013 6:10 AM

For those who cried how exactly are your tears manly ? or is it is just an overused meme...

Mar 19, 2013 6:19 AM

Lol, Dragon's awkward singing.

Mar 19, 2013 6:28 AM

Loved the atmosphere in this episode.
9001/5

Mar 19, 2013 6:34 AM

I'm thinking there will be a kiss next week, only way to top this. Idk if they will leave with the opening of Vol 7. Though a S2 would be nice, I'm not holding my breath on it.

Mar 19, 2013 6:51 AM

Takana_no_Hana said:
Not sure how u guys define those feelings as "forced" one, normally in Asian countries, friends from highschool are always the closest and parting from them was always a very painful memory of mine. I shred tears after graduating from the highschool, when we all cheered for each other(some of them I've not seen their faces again in real life for years after graduating, except through social media).

Those feelings aren't really strong in Western countries(btw I'm studying aboard), but it's entirely different in Asian cultures. Especially if you know that Jin and Misaki were graduated students and they won't come back to Sakurasou or meet their juniors, friends for at least several years, each has a different path.

So, to sum up, those feelings were very natural for me. And Sakurasou acts as a "symbol" for their friendship, to tell everyone that there are people who live in Sakurasou, they have friends and dreams as well, they ain't freak. The speech hit me hard near the ending. Cliché then yes, but totally not "forced" feelings.

The entire speech just seemed like an excuse to evoke an emotional response from the viewers, and it seems to have succeeded in that regard. Sakurasou may be a symbol of their friendship, but true friendship will live on despite physical separation. It is only Jin and Misaki who are graduating, and if I recall correctly Misaki isn't even going very far for college. While high school graduation was surely an emotional time for all who have experienced it, I doubt it would get to the point that we would break out screaming in the middle of the ceremony.

This isn't the only instance of contrived drama that I can think of. The entire second half of the show was filled with it. Initially, I brushed it aside because of how much potential the series showed in its first half, but it soon became intolerable. I simply cannot bring myself to be emotionally moved by scenes that don't feel genuine.

Mar 19, 2013 7:08 AM

Luxanna said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

The entire speech just seemed like an excuse to evoke an emotional response from the viewers, and it seems to have succeeded in that regard. Sakurasou may be a symbol of their friendship, but true friendship will live on despite physical separation. It is only Jin and Misaki who are graduating, and if I recall correctly Misaki isn't even going very far for college. While high school graduation was surely an emotional time for all who have experienced it, I doubt it would get to the point that we would break out screaming in the middle of the ceremony.

This isn't the only instance of contrived drama that I can think of. The entire second half of the show was filled with it. Initially, I brushed it aside because of how much potential the series showed in its first half, but it soon became intolerable. I simply cannot bring myself to be emotionally moved by scenes that don't feel genuine.

Yea exactly....

Mar 19, 2013 7:16 AM

this was a very cleverly disguised, recap episode.

Emotion piled on top of the recap, completely disguised.

Well done.

over all, 3/5 for this episode.
it was good. but, i feel like it was a fairly cop out episode.
even though this probably how it went in the LN.

That's my opinion though.

I can see maybe a few ovas coming out of this.

Mar 19, 2013 7:29 AM

What especially irks me is that Misaki's speech entirely contradicts Mashiro's remark in the last episode that Sakurasou is not the building itself, but the camaraderie between its tenants. This isn't a message that hasn't already been preached; I'm sure most of us are aware that true friendship knows no boundaries. At the end of the previous episode, I thought it was established that Sakurasou's physical destruction would be insignificant, and would at least give the series some moral value. Then along comes Misaki's speech and plea to not demolish the building. Everyone knows that reminiscing about memories, both good and bad, will awaken emotions attached to those events. That's exactly what the speech was intended to do, but if you consider how contradictory it appeared, that brings me back to the point that it is without basis and seems to exist only to evoke an emotional response.

Mar 19, 2013 7:30 AM

Luxanna said:
The entire speech just seemed like an excuse to evoke an emotional response from the viewers, and it seems to have succeeded in that regard.

Jin and Dragon said near end of episode it was intentional.

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »