Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2013 7:09 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Father killing Oz in the beginning of the series was just to stop rabbit's power to spread? (He did that for a reason).

Oscar's love saved Oz and rescued Alice, though is that father who killed Oscar?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2013 10:49 AM
Oct 2012
a sad chapter , but was so expected , oscar death was so cool
now alice came back from the abyss it's clear what will happen next
i wonder what happened to jack , oz was able to make him disappear
but i don't think jack will gone or lose just like this
it's time for the final battle between Oz and Leo
the end of pandora heart drawing near
Mar 19, 2013 3:20 AM

Apr 2008
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Father killing Oz in the beginning of the series was just to stop rabbit's power to spread? (He did that for a reason).

Oscar's love saved Oz and rescued Alice, though is that father who killed Oscar?

THat's the lie Jack let Zai believe in order to feed his paranoia so he would act the way Jack wanted.
Mar 20, 2013 3:50 PM
Jun 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OSCAR!

;___;

Waiting for people to start to argue about the usage of "the power of love" to rescue Oz, but in the meantime I have to recover from this death. Also, I suppose this cements Zai as the most hated character in the series.
Mar 20, 2013 8:02 PM

May 2008
Here's an emotional map of me reading it...

Mar 22, 2013 1:42 AM

Apr 2011
Omg, right when I was thinking there might be a happy chapter this time.... I was WRONG O_O
Dam MochiJun, you just don't get enough fun out of trolling us do you? T^T
Mar 23, 2013 7:40 AM

Jun 2008
And Mochizuki troll strikes again.
Geez, Im so overwhelmed with Uncle Oscar´s death that I didnt give a s*it that Alice came back. Jack you better come back to the showdown with Glen!

Uncle Oscar we love you, RIP.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 23, 2013 9:06 AM

Aug 2011
Where can I read 82 chapter of Pandora Hearts?
Mar 23, 2013 11:47 AM
Jun 2012
shizya-chan said:
Where can I read 82 chapter of Pandora Hearts?

Raw scans can be found at the Pandora Hearts Livejournal comunity. A translated script is available here: http://lilyginnyblack.tumblr.com/
Mar 24, 2013 5:34 PM

Feb 2010
i swear the more zai shows up the more i just hate this guy WILL SOME ONE SHOOT HIM ALREADY >:(
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 26, 2013 5:26 PM

May 2008
hazerddex said:
i swear the more zai shows up the more i just hate this guy WILL SOME ONE SHOOT HIM ALREADY >:(

My thoughts exactly!!!

Mar 28, 2013 9:33 PM

May 2011
NOOO!!!!!
Mar 28, 2013 10:19 PM

Aug 2011
Damn you Pandora Hearts, damn you. I really need to sleep, really, and here you're holding me captive. Tomorrow will be painful.

I'm so happy I read this chapter... 3? 4? times. It wasn't until I just reread it now to reference something that I realized I was misinterpreting something, but this new interpretation is much less problematic, yay! I had quite a bit of a problem with Oz the first several times, now it's just a tiny one.

It's just kinda hard for me to believe the whole "everything you have is fake" in the first place, it's tremendously difficult to invest myself in, because it's so damnably obviously not true it's a real challenge to put myself in Oz's shoes and relate, and having all the big overblown drama of him recovering from that notion just seems a bit silly. Why yes, Oz, people actually do love and care about you. Congratulations. The whole whiplash of this drama feels maybe a tad contrived, but at least the whole Jack calling Oz nothingness adds more to Jack's own nature, so I think I'll let it pass.

I had been initially concerned that this was something near the climax of the manga and this was the finale of Oz's character arc (and god I dearly hope that's not the case), but now I can see it as him simply recovering from the shock induced agreement with Jack, a simple necessity for Oz to move forward to greater heights.

Because Oz should be our hero, and, in this one chapter, Oscar's a bigger hero than Oz has been in the entire manga. Surely, that must change, right, please? In the meantime, I'll wait and enjoy Oscar. Even if I was a bit annoyed with Oz in this chapter, I couldn't muster the will to say I didn't really, really, like it.

Oscar's wonderful. I loved him to so many bits in this chapter. I'm just kinda baffled at the fact that somehow I have the notion that he had a 'happy end' instead of some tragedy. I mean, sweet camera picture taking at the end or not, what happened to him was a tragedy. I'm sure he'd rather continue living with Oz, Ada and Gil, his wife and son could've waited a bit longer. It should be sad, but my heart doesn't carry the slightest shred of depression at his death. I guess I'm just too bowled over by how wonderful he is to process the fact that he's dead? But seriously, he's now probably somewhere 2-4 of my favorite ph characters now. So much heartfelt emotion, such a badass. Sara's a lucky woman. Oz is a lucky nephew.

This manga is gorgeous. Oscar with Oz, Oz with Alice, the panels in this chapter just took my breath away.

Gil! You can be so precious! Why, I so didn't expect you to just hug Alice like that! So nice to see you accept her so warmly, I guess can you can rise a little higher in my eyes because of that.

And Alice, how are you so amazing? I don't understand why I love you so much, but, I do, that's that. On the other hand, Will of the Abyss, wtf. I know there was once a time when I wanted sisterly bond between you two, but I didn't want it to be so unfoundedly inconsistent with what we knew of you. Whatever happened to "She's a doll that shouldn't have been born!" or "you'll definitely regret choosing the black rabbit over me" or "eat the black rabbit"? 'scuse me, it's not adding up. But you're crazy, bipolar, and often overtaken by bouts of amnesia. It'll be interesting to see if there's something we're not seeing here.

What's with all the Zai hate? Seriously? Sure, he's bad, but not that bad. He shot Oscar, but might that not have been to shorten the suffering from Zwei? I just have never been on board with hating this guy. His actions, while often undeniably cruel, are understandable, and I have a certain (relatively short, admittedly) measure of sympathy for the man. (Not that I like him - not at all- just don't hate. Or even really dislike...)

Jack, I have two messages for you. A) I'm so done with you're manipulations. I used to have a healthy measure of sympathy for you, but it's quickly running out. It's just nauseating, all your lies and machinations. So cruel and wrong, again and again and again. B) Don't you dare disappear (for good, at the very least) just because Oz wants you to. That's way too silly and convenient. You've gone too far to be stopped just like that, and that's your body, dammit! Even though you're turning to dust... Well, looks aside, you really are just a really old man. Please, give a memorable exit? Don't just let Oz bully you around I don't give a damn if it's well deserved payback

Echo and Noise! Mysterious girls of the few remaining mysteries in this series! What's with you two? Can Noise really act that well? I was quite certain it truly was Echo - did Noise just take advantage and switch? Questions... And Noise, you get a prize. I think you're honestly one of this story's creepiest. Good job. and here I'm praising the character that hurt Oscar unreservedly. What's wrong with me, I love Oscar, so how..?

One thirty am. I'm getting up in a few hours. Sob, whhyyyyy...
Mar 29, 2013 12:28 AM

Mar 2012
Oscar!! R.I.P. I'll still hope you are still alive somehow ='(
Why Zai? WHY!? You kill your own brother? T_T

This chapter is packed with such emotion! And a tearjerker with that!

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 29, 2013 12:55 AM

Feb 2010
holy sheet bro, i was expecting Oscar's death for sure but i wasn't expecting all those words before he died.

This is an easy 5/5 I LOVE IT chapter, 66 pages in what you call a decent chapter and omgosh i've never been so engrossed in a chapter before!

AHHHH IM SO ANNOYED YET HAPPY AND SAD that this manga is soon coming to an end from the looks of it ;w;
Mar 29, 2013 2:49 AM

Sep 2010
It was kind of predictable that Uncle Oscar will die, but this way?

Zai? FUCK YOU! OZ GO KILL THAT FATHER LOOKING BASTARD! I hope Oz will beat the shit out of Jack totally, and then go for other remaining bastards.

I really loved you, Uncle Oscar. R.I.P. :) :'(
Mar 29, 2013 3:15 AM

Dec 2011
I like Echo-chan, but Zwei... ):
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2013 4:17 AM

Feb 2010
I thought Oscar might die because of the recent chapters, but... BUT damn that was upsetting! I mean Oz's face when he was crying, all those references to previous parts in their life, Alice coming back & Oscar taking a picture of his family at the end. It's all done so perfectly. :'(
Mar 29, 2013 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
We all know that Oscar will die eventually but this is really unexpected and out of no where. I really like Echo but Noise is errr ... ( hope that Echo will take over in the end, probably not gonna happen lol).

I love how the mangaka put everything into order, they are not separated piece of stories, they are all connected and one is the reason for another to happens. The more this manga progress the more I come to love it, definitely one of the best manga out there at the moment!
Mar 29, 2013 11:41 AM

Oct 2011
ALICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 Omg I missed her so much. *cries* Finally the trio is together again. That hug was just SO CUTE!

But...that got ruined fast with Oscar's death. :( I kinda figured he would die eventually but not there. Did not expect Zwei to show up as Echo whatsoever..

I'm glad they explained a lot of things in the latest chapters because I was confused about a few things.

SUCH A FANTASTIC MANGA. Truly a masterpiece.
Mar 29, 2013 3:58 PM

Nov 2009
yea.....not gonna lie... this chapter was all about Alice for me. i actually wish she returned next chapter but i understand how it all came about with Oz's acceptance of himself. Oscar's death really took away from her triumphant return after a year. I do love Oscar though, and his was one of the more amazing and sad deaths ive seen in a long time. what a man of feels. what a guy. heres a beer to Oscar. cheers
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2013 6:48 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow, just wow. So much emotions in this chapter. Oscar's flashback's/thoughts were so heartbreaking. Oz's flashback of that was definitely different from Oscar's, he had interpreted the situation wrong. Oscar wasn't mad at Oz for taking his camera, but because the camera wasn't worthy enough for Oz to have risked his life falling through the window for. I think the "power or love saves the day" in the case works very well, because after all, Oz couldn't do anything to take back control from Jack and something like Oscar's words would trigger strong enough emotions in Oz to defeat Jack (at least for now). And then Oscar's death made me bawl like no other. Alice finally came back (that scene was adorable...the reunion ;__;) and Oz had taken control of the body, and then boom. Zwei stabs Oscar. Oscar, you will forever be remembered.
Apr 2, 2013 2:47 AM

Jan 2008
Oscar's death was extremely predictable, but f*ck, this chapter was pure gold!

DAT Alice-Oz-Gil reunion... I almost shed a manly tear...
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Apr 2, 2013 7:52 PM

Aug 2010
Easily 5/5 for this chapter. Loved the reunion scene between Oz, Gil and Alice. I hope Break shows up next chapter.

R.I.P Oscar.
Apr 5, 2013 1:01 AM

Jul 2012
Omg, when I read the last page of this chapter, I went back to the first page and noticed that Oscar was saying "I love you too" to his wife. My tears almost came out T^T
"However, by that point you'll have been torn into pieces."
Apr 5, 2013 2:35 PM
Apr 2013
Well, i was surprised when Oscar died...by Zai...i really thought Oz/Jack would do it in the whole soppy moment! XD
I missed Vincent (and Glen) in this chapter; he has to be my favourite character :D
Plus, Oz is rather useless at the moment and i am a big fan of Jack, so i was a little saddened to see Jack turning to dust! Plus, i really hope that isn't the 'end' of Jack; such a protagonist shouldn't die so easily, not when he has come so far!
Plus, i didn't really see any point in Alice coming back, to be honest, it just feels as though it was a desperate attempt to get the original trio back together XD

But, anyway, i really have to idea where the story is going to go from here. Obviously Zai going to pursue Oz and co, plus Glen and Vincent are going to Sabiler, so perhaps everyone will meet up there...for tea...?

Lastly, i'm worried for Break. He's been predicting his death for a while and i feel that he'll die soon...probably at the same time as Vincent (it would just fit so nicely for two characters who hate each other to die at the same moment).
All i can hope for is that Jun won't go on a killing spree and decimate my favourite characters... Elliot is already dead...please spare Vincent and Break :( </3
Apr 9, 2013 3:17 AM

Nov 2008
Btw when will we see Zai's face? I think something is behind his face, because we just saw the scar._.
Apr 13, 2013 5:50 AM

Apr 2010
Awesome chapter. Oh look, Oscar is going to be alr... NOTTTTT!!

This manga is pure gold. Oscars death was done perfectly, that scene with his wife and child really pulled at the heartstrings.
Apr 17, 2013 7:23 AM
Apr 2012
All I can say is, it almost made me cry.
Apr 25, 2013 8:35 AM

Feb 2012
I didn't notice when I started to cry... ;__;
May 31, 2013 1:22 AM

Jun 2008
Death flag was pretty obvious.

Oh well....RIP Oscar, one of the few characters I like from this manga.

ugh.

:(
Nov 14, 2013 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
I was wondering when Zwei would rear her head again.
May 28, 2014 2:23 AM

Apr 2013
RIP Oscar.. you're amazing.. thank you..
the moment Jack began to crumble, and Alice came back was incredibly perfect.
Nov 17, 2014 12:39 AM

Jan 2013
Oscar ;__;
One of my most favorite chapters so far.
Oscar's characterization, Oz's realization of his feelings, Alice returning....just too epic.
TrequartistaNov 17, 2014 12:43 AM
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Dec 14, 2014 5:05 AM
Feb 2013
This Chapter has made me feel so many emotions. Alice returns and Jack has disappeared for the moment. Alice asks Gil if he ate his arm because he was starving. That made me laugh.
And Oscar :'(

I'm also really interested to see whether Glen is gonna go back in time or not. I mean, it's only ever happened with Break long before the Manga began. And Glen is a Baskerville so I'd imagine he has the right to time travel. But if he succeeded in his goals of creating a timeline where Oz, Alice and everyone doesn't exist, would he still remember them? Otherwise, what's to stop him from making the same mistake all over again?

And one more thing. I noticed in this Chapter that Oscar said to Jack that the Coming of Age Ceremony for Oz was still 10 years ago. So barely a year has passed through this whole Manga. And that's made me think of the time in Volume 2 I think it was. I remember Break saying two things. 'I may have no more than a year left to live'. That does kinda worry me. And he also said that Oz has the power to control the entirety of the Abyss. I hope that the latter is still true :)

I should give this Manga a rest but it's impossible to put down. No doubt I would have read a lot more in a couple of days making everything I just wrote pointless ;)
Nov 30, 2015 1:05 AM
Jun 2015
Too much onions. I need to get over this.
RIP OSCAR.
Dec 5, 2015 6:37 AM

Aug 2014
Alice, Oz and Gil being reunited was just so hearthbraking ;~; Jack being rejected by Oz was just awesome! And then Oscar :(

RiP Oscar, he was definitely amazing and the 2nd best of the Vessalius characters. Though I can understand Zai's motivations, I still hate him...Also fuck Zwei, Echo should really do something about that stupid alternative personality like Oz did >_>
Sep 16, 2016 12:33 AM

Sep 2014
Was good to see Alice back but Oscar just took over this chapter.
I seriously thought that was Echo...goddammit Zwei...
The tears won't stop...RiP best father Oscar ;A; That scene with his wife and child killed me T_T
nerfxSep 16, 2016 12:37 AM
Dec 21, 2016 4:17 PM

Jan 2016
There seems to be something in my eyes...
):

Holy shit, what a fucking epic chapter
Alice and Oz reuniting with tears of joy
Oscar's epic farewell
omg I only have one heart

Oscar is such a boss
Mar 31, 2017 3:51 AM

May 2015
The feels are too strong ;-; RIP Oscar
Oct 8, 2017 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
I got a way more emotional at the ending of this chapter then I would've thought, those last two pages in particular where something else.
Nov 28, 2017 9:16 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
With all those death flags, I would've been surprised if Oscar ended up staying alive in this series. Tbh, I always thought that Oscar was faking his personality and he'll turn out to be an antagonist in the series later on. I blame it on my ways of reading Pandora Hearts, since I'm always skeptical about everything due to Mochizuki loving to feed the readers false information. But man, Oscar was such a great guy till the very end ;_;

5/5
Jun 19, 2020 8:51 AM

Aug 2019
Oscar's death was obvious but the way he was killed by Zwei and Zai was a shock. I really thought it was Echo there. I didn't even realise when I started to cry, Oscar was such an amazing character, it was heartbreaking. At the same time, Alice, Oz and Gil's reunion was very heartwarming. I'm glad she is back and that Oz was able to make Jack disappear, at least for now.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jun 4, 2022 6:39 PM

Mar 2021
One of my favorite chapters so far...

I love this series and the cast besides Jack.

Alice!!!!!!

R.I.P Oscar, at least he got to be with Oz, Gil, and Alice one last time.
Jan 15, 2023 10:38 AM
Oct 2018
I cannot take this any more. Why do all my favourite characters end up dying?
May 3, 2023 5:44 PM
Sep 2019
NOOOOOO!!!
I was so happy that Oz killed Jack or just make him disappear (though I hope he's gone for good), but aaah not the ending!!
I just began to like Zai... why would you do this to your brother, Zai... c'mon T--T
May 3, 2023 5:48 PM
Sep 2019
llefvoid said:
Also, I suppose this cements Zai as the most hated character in the series.
Most hated? Nah, definitely not. Jack is far worse than Zai. 

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.