Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 12, 2013 8:41 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3082
IntroverTurtle said:
Cbubbles said:
If you're watching 100 of anything in a very short timespan, you're not even really watching it, you're just in conveyor belt mode. I doubt you can really think about anything you see this way from an interesting perspective. It's like having your lunch 10 times a day, it's stupid.
Not really. I've watched many anime like 30 episodes a day and understand and remember a lot of things. It's not anything like having your lunch 10 times a day, that doesn't make any sense.


This. Weird comparison, right there, and clearly wrong.
Worships Asparagus.
 
Jun 12, 2013 8:48 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1763
35 episodes a day after school! I CALL SHENANIGANS
 
Jun 12, 2013 8:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22587
TehBlindSamurai said:
35 episodes a day after school! I CALL SHENANIGANS

Either that of the OP is actually a robot that doesn't require sleep.
 
Jun 12, 2013 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 12401
I can do 12 episodes a day, any more and I'm pushing it. I have done as much as 16-17 and it isn't a pleasant feeling.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
 
Jun 12, 2013 8:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13778
Oh gosh I remember burning out from a Naruto and Bleach marathon... The fillers killed me. A little.
 
Jun 12, 2013 9:23 PM
Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 5941
Please don't die.
 
Jun 12, 2013 9:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3280
nope... I finished 95 episodes of The Prince of Tennis in 2 days... xD

 
Jun 12, 2013 9:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2652
I thought of Stark700 when I saw this thread.
 
Jun 12, 2013 9:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22587
Hiryu12 said:
nope... I finished 95 episodes of The Prince of Tennis in 2 days... xD

That's about 35 hours of anime if you skip both the OP and ED.

Which leaves 13 hours in a span of two days to eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, etc.
 
Jun 12, 2013 10:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5664
JustALEX said:
Hiryu12 said:
nope... I finished 95 episodes of The Prince of Tennis in 2 days... xD

That's about 35 hours of anime if you skip both the OP and ED.

Which leaves 13 hours in a span of two days to eat, sleep, go to the bathroom, etc.


Sleep? What the hell is that? :D
 
Jun 12, 2013 10:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1082
Back in the day I could marathon a 50 episode anime in 2-3 days. But nowadays, I just don't have the stamina to sit there all day watching things unless it's 9/10 or 10/10 quality anime series.
Salmon is delicious.
 
Jun 12, 2013 10:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22587
Exaccus said:
Back in the day I could marathon a 50 episode anime in 2-3 days. But nowadays, I just don't have the stamina to sit there all day watching things unless it's 9/10 or 10/10 quality anime series.

Yeah, it's the same for me.

I still remember when I first started watching anime, I couldn't stop!

But I guess it's because everything was new to me and I was so interested in it back then.

Now, most anime seem like carbon copies of each other, and I really can't view more than one or two episodes per day.
 
Jun 12, 2013 10:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1082
JustALEX said:
Exaccus said:
Back in the day I could marathon a 50 episode anime in 2-3 days. But nowadays, I just don't have the stamina to sit there all day watching things unless it's 9/10 or 10/10 quality anime series.

Yeah, it's the same for me.

I still remember when I first started watching anime, I couldn't stop!

But I guess it's because everything was new to me and I was so interested in it back then.

Now, most anime seem like carbon copies of each other, and I really can't view more than one or two episodes per day.

For me, I can watch more of an anime in one sitting if it's an especially well done series, like the 2012 JJBA anime, for instance. I could have probably watched nearly half of it or more in one sitting if given the chance.

But if a show is just average or only decent then I generally cap out a four episodes at a time.

I remember on a whim some years ago deciding to do a marathon re-watch of Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny back to back, and succeeding at it like it was nothing.

But now, I lack the time and energy to do so much anime watching in such a small time frame. And like you said, a lot of series these days are starting to look more or less the same as one another. Which makes me more cynical and less excited compared to how I used to be when it comes to totally new anime.

Really, the anime industry needs more ingenuity and original ideas. Animating some of the better mangas out there would be a good place to start IMO.
Salmon is delicious.
 
Jun 12, 2013 10:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 874
While watching Naruto and bleach I watched around 30 Episodes a day for about a month so no it is not alot at all.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.



 
Jun 13, 2013 1:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1443
wukp said:
While watching Naruto and bleach I watched around 30 Episodes a day for about a month so no it is not alot at all.

^
Exactly!
 
Jun 13, 2013 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 348
Wow thats pretty insane..I remember just pulling about 20-25 a day was insane but theres more people out there. You'll burn out if you keep watching different series like watching 2 different series a day, you'd probs get over it and not want to watch it. But if its something on going and been out for a long time like One Piece or Detective Conan then it should be fine by watching them to your hearts content!
 
Jun 13, 2013 3:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3828
Indeed, this thread is pretty insane. And I thought I had some decent record like watching 375 episodes of One Piece in 4 months...
 
Jun 13, 2013 3:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 326
I can only tolerate a few episodes a day. So I must say, that's already a lot.
 
Jun 13, 2013 3:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8137
Soon you'll be finished as much anime as me o_O... but probly not. Honestly I think I used to be the same when I first discovered anime. Now I can pull like... 4 eps max I think. Usually stick to about 1 or 2 eps a day and maybe a movie/ova

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
 
Jun 13, 2013 4:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 520
Woah, how much sleep did you get? I have never watched more than 15 episodes a day.
 
Jun 13, 2013 4:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 157
I'll have you know I watched 65 eps of bleach in a row. I'm proud of myself.
 
Jun 13, 2013 4:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1301
I thought Im no-life but there are better no-lifers than me -.^
 
Jun 13, 2013 5:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1571
AashFenton said:
toybox said:
Get outside more you NEET

Says the guys whos spent 138.6 days watching anime


What's that say about me then ._.
 
Jun 13, 2013 5:21 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 4719
That is almost 1 third of your time during those 4 days. You need to get out more lad.


Also, don't rush a series. Savor it! Keep at least 3 series to switch back and forward from, and take regular breaks. Go out and do stuff, eat, play games, just take breaks and do something else. As good as it is, Anime isn't the only thing in life.
 
Jun 13, 2013 6:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 686
Nah when I got into One Piece and got to around ep 250, I watched 25 eps a day.
That was a one time thing though...
 
Jun 13, 2013 8:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 874
ainky said:
Indeed, this thread is pretty insane. And I thought I had some decent record like watching 375 episodes of One Piece in 4 months...


Decent record? Don't make me laugh I watched that number of episodes for less than one month.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.



 
Jun 13, 2013 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3828
wukp said:
ainky said:
Indeed, this thread is pretty insane. And I thought I had some decent record like watching 375 episodes of One Piece in 4 months...


Decent record? Don't make me laugh I watched that number of episodes for less than one month.

I was so wrong...
 
Jun 13, 2013 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 6475
DoctorDoom said:
Leinchetzu said:
Code Geass has 52 episodes 26 episodes per season , that means twice = 104 episodes , 104x24=2496 , then to find out how many hours that means 2496/60= 41,6 hours , 2 days => 24 + 24 hours = 48 hours which means you can watch it in 2 days twice with the opening 2 , but you also need to pee , poo , eat, and not necessarily to sleep , so you can watch it twice in two days cause you have about 6 hours and 20 minutes to eat few times , pee , poo. Also if you downloaded it you can put all episodes in playlist and you can watch them without delay(if online it will take some time to change the episode and load it depending on the internet speed) So it is possible , but it doesn't mean that you actually did that thou. Also talking about this topic , i"m just watching dragon ball , i have every single day free and just yesterday morning i was at 50 episodes and now (next day night) i am at episode 110, about 60 episodes and i also did some other things too. If you're too caught in the anime watch as much as time lets you.


I like that this is your first post.
I like how his first post was bumping a 3 month old pointless thread.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

 
Jun 13, 2013 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 554
Only 100?
 
Jun 13, 2013 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2075
I find it hard to watch more than 5-10 episodes a day unless the anime is good.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."



 
Jun 13, 2013 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2088
Hmm.......100 episodes in 4 days.Not bad.But you have many things to learn,young pandawan.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
 
Jun 13, 2013 2:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 222
Peten00b said:
...unless the anime is good.


^this

+ anime availability
+ free time
------------
Around 10 episodes per day.
 
Jun 13, 2013 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 6472
Peten00b said:
I find it hard to watch more than 5-10 episodes a day unless the anime is good.
same but instead of 10 I do 12-13 for anime that are only 1 season / 1 cour long. Usually I do a minimum of 6 per days if I have time (2 hours)..
 
Jun 13, 2013 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1034
Keep it up. That's how you should roll. Im proud of you son.
 
Jun 13, 2013 3:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3007
Assuming each episode is 20 minutes and you watch 25 episodes per day, that's about 8 hours of anime per day... that's insane.
 
Jun 13, 2013 3:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 491
Boy, get some fresh air .. It's bloody hell a lot
 
Jun 13, 2013 3:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2250
See a psychologist now!
I luv u
 
Jun 13, 2013 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4712
Sign of heart cancer, it can't be cured.
 
Jun 13, 2013 5:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1569
I watch 100 episodes a month! And I'm on a pretty good pace.

Go to the gym. Get laid. Study more I guess? That's too much anime!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 13, 2013 5:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Cbubbles said:
If you're watching 100 of anything in a very short timespan, you're not even really watching it, you're just in conveyor belt mode. I doubt you can really think about anything you see this way from an interesting perspective. It's like having your lunch 10 times a day, it's stupid.
Not really. I've watched many anime like 30 episodes a day and understand and remember a lot of things. It's not anything like having your lunch 10 times a day, that doesn't make any sense.


This. Weird comparison, right there, and clearly wrong.


Think about the medium. Episodes aren't meant to be marathon'd like that. It's possible, but it's tedious and after a while I have my doubts the viewer doesn't just go a bit braindead, eyes glazed over. MUST... SEE... MORE ANIME...
 
Jun 13, 2013 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 31818
I can hardly watch 100 episodes in a few months let alone 4 days

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Jun 13, 2013 5:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 366
100 in 4 days?! How can one survive in that amount of time with that amount of episodes. (wouldn't be that stressful if they were reruns.) Unless I have nothing else to do, no American films/shows to watch, then one day I might take a shot.
 
Jun 13, 2013 5:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Cbubbles said:
Think about the medium. Episodes aren't meant to be marathon'd like that. It's possible, but it's tedious and after a while I have my doubts the viewer doesn't just go a bit braindead, eyes glazed over. MUST... SEE... MORE ANIME...
I am thinking about the medium. Episodes are meant to be watched anyway you want. You think it's tedious, I can stay focused all day watching anime.

OT: My longest marathon is from when I recently rewatched One Piece. All 573 episodes + 11 movies + all specials and OVAs in about 25 days, I don't remember the exact time but it was within like 4 days of that. I think I watched about 30 episodes a day.
 
Jun 13, 2013 7:39 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3082
IntroverTurtle said:
Cbubbles said:
Think about the medium. Episodes aren't meant to be marathon'd like that. It's possible, but it's tedious and after a while I have my doubts the viewer doesn't just go a bit braindead, eyes glazed over. MUST... SEE... MORE ANIME...
I am thinking about the medium. Episodes are meant to be watched anyway you want. You think it's tedious, I can stay focused all day watching anime.

OT: My longest marathon is from when I recently rewatched One Piece. All 573 episodes + 11 movies + all specials and OVAs in about 25 days, I don't remember the exact time but it was within like 4 days of that. I think I watched about 30 episodes a day.


Again, exactly this.

I dont do it often any more, but when I started watching anime the first few months were probably 30 episodes a day, and sometimes(Like when I watched one piece) was more like 40. Dont see why it would be to many /shrug.
Worships Asparagus.
 
Jun 13, 2013 8:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 478
Supposing that's your consistent pace, it's close to as fast as one can go before entering this state -

NSFM
 
Jun 13, 2013 8:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4919
Pfft, I watched OP from episode 1 to where it was at back then.(I think like 517) in less than 2 weeks.
Step it up.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
 
Jun 13, 2013 8:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 286
Is a cookie enough? Or would you like a pat in the back too?
 
Jun 13, 2013 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 517
AashFenton said:
Recently i've been Banging Out Anime and i watched 106 episodes in 4 days. About 35 episodes a day from after school till night.

Is this alot or not enough because i want to watch as much anime as i can before its too late and i grow old.

Am i going at a good pace?
I would say it definitely is not in the "not enough" category. I wasn't that insan... hum I mean that into anime, but I understand how you feel. If that is your pace then its all good. You will eventually slow down and see the sun someday
 
Jun 18, 2013 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2400
you taking this shit too much XD I like your style.. but dont forget reality bro..
 
Jun 18, 2013 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 64
You don't have to grow old.
 
Top
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »