Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
There are different causes for people crying. People can cry when they feel psychologically comforted, your biology reacts with tears (among other things). This is where the whole 'I'm crying because I'm happy comes from', and it is the most common reason for your tears during an anime.

During stressful events you are not likely to cry at all - instead, you put all of your energy into being alert and looking for a solution to fix the problem. When you lose all hope, you might cry to draw help from other people. This is where the stigma comes from, this is why people try to avoid admitting that they cried, they do not want to let people think that they are weak or helpless, and this is where some embarrassment and misunderstanding can arise.

If you have never cried during an anime, it suggests that you try to stay alert more during the show, and it might also be because you are not on the same wavelength as the show, hell, maybe you get a buzz out of watching the main character die XD - in which case you may be a psychopath and might wanna get that checked out...

Moderator edit: changed topic title to reflect difference to other "crying"-related threads
TachiiMar 17, 2013 2:24 PM
Mar 17, 2013 7:30 AM

Apr 2011
So because I've never cried to an anime, I'm paying too much attention to the show? Or I'm not on the same wavelength to the anime? Or I'm a psychopath? Hmm.... I'll go with the last one, thanks. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna get myself checked. Being a psychopath is too damn fun.
Mar 17, 2013 7:37 AM

Jul 2011
Yahoo, acording to this, now i am a creepy perverted psychopath.
Mar 17, 2013 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
So because I never cried during lucky☆star I am a psychopath? Good thread. Very informative.
I don't have a signature.
Mar 17, 2013 8:10 AM
Oct 2012
If that is true, that would mean I don't stay alert at all during shows although I get close to crying but actually cry. For example,
Mar 17, 2013 8:22 AM

Dec 2011
Surely it would depend on what anime you have watched as well?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 17, 2013 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
Im a little creepy psycho hahahaha how nice u.u
Mar 17, 2013 8:51 AM

Apr 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:

No, no matter what anime we watch, if we don't cry we're a psychopath.
Mar 17, 2013 8:58 AM

May 2008
yhunata said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

No, no matter what anime we watch, if we don't cry we're a psychopath.
Hmmm, okay then, so...

ixsetf said:
I never cried during lucky☆star
BLASPHEMY. What's wrong with you?! You... you heartless psychopath!

(Hey, this’s fun. I think I’m going to go through my contacts and call everyone a psychopath now.)
TachiiMar 17, 2013 2:27 PM
Mar 17, 2013 9:50 AM

Feb 2013
I laughed my ass of at Seto no Hanayome, they should probably lock me up in a square yellow cushion room in a straitjacket.
Mar 17, 2013 1:55 PM

Sep 2012
lykos100 said:
Im a little creepy psycho hahahaha how nice u.u

Just sit still, I will call the doctor. Now tell me where you live so I can send him to you, k?
TachiiMar 17, 2013 2:27 PM
Mar 17, 2013 2:16 PM
May 2010
sippychao said:
I laughed my ass of at Seto no Hanayome, they should probably lock me up in a square yellow cushion room in a straitjacket.

Anyone who didnt laugh their ass off at that show should be locked up in such a room, not you..

Also, is it ok if we cried once but never again? Or do we have to cry at each new show to avoid being crazy?
Worships Asparagus.
Mar 17, 2013 2:25 PM

Jun 2008
Removed off-topic posts or one-liners and derivatives that don't pertain to the OP.

Also changed the topic title to reflect a difference to the other crying-related threads. I realize it could be merged, but the other threads are simply a yes/no, poll threads that don't really dive into anything else.

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

56 by Morphun »»
45 seconds ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 11 hours ago

39 by Morphun »»
3 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

17 by rohan121 »»
8 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

33 by PostMahouShoujo »»
12 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 1 hour ago

7 by Luchipher-Zen »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.