Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 19, 2013 9:02 AM

Dec 2012
plexus said:

it has to be more, I know it will....r-rite (._.)

I think so too. At this rate, there may not be enough air time to cover Love Live! tournament. It looks very hopeful for season 2
Mar 19, 2013 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
I think so too. At this rate, there may not be enough air time to cover Love Live! tournament. It looks very hopeful for season 2
My prediction is that this anime will not cover Love Live. Most likely it will end in a proper performance of Muse in front of a full house, probably at school, which is the first ambition for the trio of Honoka at the beginning. They should also be able to make it to top 20 but either it will not cover the actual tournament, or put the result (most likely not going to win) in some epilogue. At the end the real reason of existence of Muse is to get attention for the school and stops it from being closed, so whether they win in LoveLive is a relatively lesser concern (also less realistic).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 19, 2013 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
plexus said:
so are we sure only 2 episode left? that's not true rite? I mean we dont even see the LoveLive tournament yet..and what about their plan to save the school and all

it has to be more, I know it will....r-rite (._.)
Mar 19, 2013 12:23 PM

Dec 2012
yeah, unfortunately the tournament will not be covered :( It's true that Muse's greatest concern is not Love Live! but the school being closed. The first season probably ends with the school saved (and another PV). However, I feel Love Live! tournament is a terrible thing to waste. Thus, they can go either one of two routes:

_School saved before Muse entering the final tournament with 20 other groups. Their objective will change to winning Love Live --> second season

_Muse is mentioned to have won Love Live! (or maybe not, like you said). Their school is saved. Subsequent releases will be Music Videos/OVAs about the tournament itself. This is pretty clever if they want to end the anime series right there but still hold fans' interest for the multimedia project.

Personally, I prefer the first route because I want to see their continue evolution. However, I'm afraid that 2nd season may not be as good as the first one since lots of the appeals right now will be gone. I really like Love Live! so I'm torned between being able to watch more of it, and having this precious little gem tainted by prolonging dull plots
ThangLongNov 11, 2013 2:07 PM
Mar 19, 2013 12:31 PM

Dec 2012
destructo22 said:

That's some dark humor right there. I feel like laughing, but then, maybe not :)
Mar 19, 2013 3:15 PM
Mar 2013
I think this has been said a lot, but Love Live is very well-executed and makes great use of all its ideas, even though we might have seen them somewhere already and even though we probably know what will happen next.

And with the way they're going right now, it really sounds like they're gearing up for a second season. I thought the second season would actually be about Love Live! itself, so well... most think so, too.

Poor Honoka. Her enthusiasm could only take her so far. Serious fever, fainting on-stage... whew. Kotori's letter, and the next episode hints... dang. Although it's quite easy to predict that the next episode will be about Kotori's decision and her friends, I still can't wait.
Mar 19, 2013 5:46 PM
Feb 2007
Interesting opinions. I can't say much but since my eyes are practically trained to follow every Ericchi's movement.. I just noticed how she's somehow almost always with Umi.

FAK. I HAVE A NEW OT3 NAO. Umi x Eri x Maki (although Nico x Maki couple actually looks cuter than I thought, then again, I've always been an Eri x Umi shipper) XD
Mar 20, 2013 12:57 AM

Apr 2012
such a good girl yet b*tchy is dead now :( the next episode will be Muse playing in Honoka's funerall. Slow claps
SuntearsMar 20, 2013 1:01 AM
Mar 20, 2013 7:25 AM

Aug 2007
I got impressed with Honoka: Sick and with a fever and she sang and danced in the rain!!.

2 episodes and this anime will be finishing.
Mar 20, 2013 7:40 PM

Jul 2011
Great performance!

Elite60 said:
We will always remember you Honoka...
Mar 21, 2013 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
poor Honoka :((
Mar 23, 2013 6:46 AM

Oct 2011
Awesome performance! Sad to see Honoka collapse like that T___T I hope this doesn't mean they lose their top 20 rank. Still wondering what Kotori is planning to do, I hope she doesn't leave the group.
Mar 24, 2013 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
Nico is now my favorite idol of the bunch.

*after losing lottery*
Girl: Quit being so defensive!
Nico: SHUT UP!
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Mar 24, 2013 4:32 PM

Sep 2012
aidoru said:
Awesome performance! Sad to see Honoka collapse like that T___T I hope this doesn't mean they lose their top 20 rank. Still wondering what Kotori is planning to do, I hope she doesn't leave the group.

With all the videos for songs and the live performance with all nine members, do we really think it is possible that anyone will leave the group? I know it is fun to think of it, but is it even possible? I love the show and have already bought their best of album, their live concert BD and their 4 single CDs this year and their first anime BD but it seems like we are watching Romeo and Juliet and wondering if they will live or die... when it was written hundreds of years ago... LoveLive! was not written hundreds of years ago but for the most part u's is a formed group and we are watching "The Making of u's" so I think the chance of anyone actually leaving, permanently or for even a whole episode is really remote! Anyone disagree?

Even if there is a second season, which I think there will be, I think that 9 has to be the final group unless the first season somehow takes us up to the present.

Still enjoying watching it even though I feel that we know how it ends! We knew all along but the journey here is more interesting than just the final destination.
Mar 24, 2013 8:28 PM

Jul 2008
Could see that coming after five minutes. Honoka was pretty stubborn.
Mar 26, 2013 2:57 PM

Dec 2011
If anywhere was going to go wrong it was always going to be there.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 26, 2013 7:43 PM
Nov 2011
ask any musician. Bands break up a lot, even successful ones. However, I am conflicted on what's going on with Kotori. I think the offer she got was to attend a prestigious school for college prep in her Third Year. Because of that, I also think, it may not necessarily affect Love Live, if the start of the term is the next year.

However, it will mean Muse will have problems. I don't think Honoka is going to die either, but she may be out of action a bit. Personally I want a second season. I love how they've developed the characters and brought it together. I'd hate to see it end after just a couple more eps
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 26, 2013 8:01 PM

Apr 2011
Elite60 said:

Lol. You guys... XD
Apr 9, 2013 12:55 AM

Jun 2008
Honoka should get a stupidity prize. Everyone knows that you rest the day before doing anything that needs work from your body. That one day exercise won't help anything quite the opposite. Even if she didn't get sic it would still have been stupid. Considering her friend warn her to rest and she already was weak from before she went out she was really asking for it.
Well i guess there goes down the toilet the first performance where they would have actually tried to say more than one song.
Let's see what will happen to their rank now. Maybe people will feel sorry for her.

kuroikishi said:
razisgosu said:
Every anime character should know that rain is poison to them. I don't recall in recent anime anytime where a character went out in the rain, or got wet, that they then got sick.

lol..! At least Honoka has some build up to it xD. Cutting on sleep for days, overworking and practicing more than she should, and finally deciding to practice in the rain soaking wet ._. ... She was asking to get sick with that development ^^'

Yeah this time it was actually done realistically because even in reality when you lack sleep and your body is tired and you go out running in the rain then most probably you will get sick. She was already starting to get sick just from overpushing her body so the rain acted just like a push the sole reason.

AiCon said:
I couldn't help thinking how dangerous it was for them to perform in the open in heavy rain. They could've slipped or have gotten electrocuted from all the equipment laying around.

I doubt they have much electrical equipment or anything dangerous but yeah the first thing i thought was them slipping while dancing. I mean this groups dance a lot with the songs. The probability of slipping is quite high when you do it in the rain. I guess Honoka collapsing after one song save one of them from slipping if they continued.
MonadApr 9, 2013 1:07 AM
Apr 10, 2013 4:16 AM

Oct 2012
Magito said:
Elite60 said:

Lol. You guys... XD

Well, that scene exactly like... ah nevermind

Only 1 performance is enough...
3 performance = number 1
XD

IMO, if many of Otonokizaka's students are fans of them
Why don't provided them with some space for them to perform?
Rayl1ghtApr 10, 2013 4:21 AM
"Signature removed"
May 23, 2013 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The episode as a plot offers nothing amazing, one can see the same elements that abound in many similar series, but fortunately the narration proves different from similar products and succeeds with his comedy to not get bored, I enjoyed it, then live it was cute! Drawings always well done!

This scene is too cute!

symbv said:

Jul 30, 2013 4:45 AM

Apr 2012
symbv said:
Honoka treated like a kitten LOL

That scene was absolutely adorable!

This show is an amazingly welcomed gem for me. Sad that this season is coming to a close, but happy for the newly announced season 2.

Aug 10, 2013 9:59 PM
Apr 2011
Too much enthusiasm.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Sep 17, 2013 7:00 PM

Feb 2013
They did a nice job building anticipation for the concert.
Sep 25, 2013 8:16 AM

Jan 2013
Goddamnit, she just had to get sick.
Jan 16, 2014 6:06 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, that was such a typical plot "twist". At least Honoka made it through the whole song.
Apr 4, 2014 1:53 AM

Dec 2010
Probably my favorite performance of the girls, the rain helped.

Their outfits were also bitchin'
May 11, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2013
I hope Honoka is okay, and she is my favorite character so far! She is soo motivational giving everyone positivity and perseverance.
May 17, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
Rest in peace Honoka.
May 18, 2014 10:13 PM

Jun 2013
She just had to go jog in the rain when Umi specifically told her to take the nighf off... :(
Sep 1, 2014 5:05 PM

Oct 2012
Honoka had to be stupid to go training in the rain... Also, in the rain there is slippery ground and risk of injury.
And she even got herself very bad fever. Eri should be the first who would stop the concert in such miserable conditions, not to mention colapsing of one member doesn't put them in the good light for their fans either.
School director will be furious when she learns of this I am telling you.

Well, the way the things are now, I somehow hope they would get push away from Top20 and don't get to perform in Live Live in the end. It's not like they are suddendly top singers, you know. And ending with friendship theme would be also great.

But on the other hand this isn't Wake Up, Girls type realistic show, so maybe they gets pushed away but then, one of the other groups drop off and they would be pushed back.

Still, with only two episodes left, I doubt they will actually get to Love Live as there would be many rival groups to compete with. Even then, they proceeded pretty fast up untill now and that's something I like because you can't get bored this way.

My bet is that even when they don't get to finals they would gather enough new student applications for the school they avert its disbanding and next year (or next Love Live, who says it's only once a year) they will do their second attempt.

Second season, here we come? Yukiho, Arisa and members of A-Rise would be definitely around with more screentime!
Mich666Sep 1, 2014 5:26 PM
Oct 14, 2014 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
Well that's what you get for performing the concert in the motherf***ing rain when you're sick. I know the circumstances, but still lol
Nov 24, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
GDI honoka
Dec 11, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2014
RIP honoka. You will always be remembered
Dec 24, 2014 9:13 PM

Jun 2008
Did she die?
Apr 3, 2015 4:30 PM
May 2013
I loved no brand girls💝🎓😍. Its great choice. Sad for Honoka tho;(
Apr 5, 2015 2:24 PM

Feb 2009
Soo good! I love Honoka but WHYY?! Does anyone find Nico's voice to be the most annoying at this point?

Jun 8, 2015 1:10 PM

Jul 2010
Honoka, you're really strong, optimistic girl, but at the end you make me cry.
Jun 10, 2015 8:49 AM

Jul 2014
What kind of school is so retarded that it uses a system where a freaking tea club can use the auditorium but the idol club (who would actually need it and have a use for it) can't?

I mean, seriously, what the hell could a tea club possiblty use an auditorium for? No wonder the school's unpopular.

EDIT: Also, obvious plot twist is obvious and just added for forced drama that will ultimately mean nothing.
Jun 19, 2015 3:35 PM

Sep 2010
Rest in fucking pieces Honoka-chan. You brought this on yourself bitch.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 6, 2015 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
First song which I liked in this anime.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 13, 2015 3:11 AM

Jan 2015
Oh god, I almost cried then! What's going to happen?! The first song was great but you should have gone to sleep earlier Honoka. Can't wait to see what happens in the next episode and what secret is my waifu Kotori hiding?

WizilizOct 13, 2015 3:14 AM
Nov 2, 2015 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
Honoka, why must you be so stupid.
Nov 15, 2015 8:51 AM

Oct 2009
Can't believe she died right there
Dec 28, 2015 9:53 PM

Jul 2015
Honoka did one of the stupidest things ever. Did going out in the rain ever give her the idea that she could get sick? Did she not think if the possibility? She knew she had to sing the next day... if she seriously wanted to exercise she could have jogged on that long ass hallway inside her house lol
Jan 5, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2015
Episodes like this one hurt to watch.

So much cringe. Sad that I can predict everything that's going to happen before it does.. Some drama gets really annoying after being repeated so many times. Guessing from how many episode are left, I can assume they don't preform at Love Live this season (I think they won't perform at love live at all). Also it's pretty obvious Kotori won't be leaving, just added pointless drama.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the anime. Just wish it didn't follow the obvious stereotypes. Well I'll just shut up and keep watching :p

Btw Maki best girl
Feb 3, 2016 9:39 AM
Dec 2012
During the lottery scene, the most intense moment and usually it is going to be some asspull first prize happening, but when the white ball came out I laughed my ass off. Oh sh*t!!! Our leader has fallen! I repeat! Our leader has fallen!!! It is good to do your best but... Honoka just overwork herself this time.
Feb 17, 2016 2:56 PM
Feb 2009
Honoka chan nooooo :(
May 15, 2016 11:03 AM

Sep 2014
Poor Honoka-chan.. Just when things were starting to look up, She got sick.
May 22, 2016 6:46 AM

Sep 2009
RIP Honoka, I'm totally expecting this series to go Higurashi on us.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

204 by Salty_Cookie »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 AM

» This is the best anime/franchise of all time

Kayroad - Dec 15, 2023

13 by Ziyado »»
Dec 17, 2023 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.