Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 18, 2013 7:50 PM

Nov 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Alexx_ said:
Goddamn I have no Idea where to even start this series.
Start with Motto To Love-Ru. You can ignore To Love-Ru or To Love-Ru OVA.

Okay I'll PTW , I watched the OVAs a while back.
Mar 18, 2013 8:54 PM
Jul 2011
BANZAI! BANZAI!
Mar 18, 2013 10:10 PM

Jul 2009
Alexx_ said:
NeoAnkara said:
Alexx_ said:

Okay I'll PTW , I watched the OVAs a while back.

really if you dont want to watch the original series, ill give you a brief TL;DR in the spoiler

If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Mar 19, 2013 12:37 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Awesome. Really can't wait, I enjoyed last season a lot.
Mar 19, 2013 12:57 AM

Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Alexx_ said:
The OVA also stays close to the manga and introduced Nana and Momo, so I would include it in the watch-list. The first season is the one that can be ignored.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 19, 2013 1:04 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
Alexx_ said:
The OVA also stays close to the manga and introduced Nana and Momo, so I would include it in the watch-list. The first season is the one that can be ignored.
A few OVA can count like RPG OVA which introduce Momo and Nana but there are some OVA that unrelated like the picnic OVA.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 19, 2013 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
I love To Love Ru. I hope this is a 12-24 episode series and not an OVA. OVAs are great but they can take longer than tv series to come out and there is usually not as much episodes as a tv series.

Alexx_ said:

You should watch them in the following order.

1.To LOVE-Ru
2.To LOVE-Ru OVA
3.Motto To LOVE-Ru
4.To LOVE-Ru Darkness OVA episode 1
5.To LOVE-Ru Darkness
6.To LOVE-Ru Darkness OVA episode 2
ezikialrageMar 19, 2013 9:08 AM
Mar 19, 2013 9:06 AM

Feb 2013
HELL YEA :D
Mar 19, 2013 9:07 AM

Mar 2013
BOOBIES!!! :D
Mar 20, 2013 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
NeoAnkara said:
Alexx_ said:

NO! Just NO!!
Mar 20, 2013 1:38 PM

Jan 2008
Season one didn't follow the manga, which is probably why it sucks so much. Then wne Motto came out, they bump'd up the ecchi level tenfold.

Anyways, I have yet to finish Darkness as I'm still waiting for Blu Rays.
Mar 21, 2013 1:46 AM

Sep 2011
KhanhCPham said:
Mikenzb said:
NeoAnkara said:
Alexx_ said:

NO! Just NO!!

I dropped the 1st season because I felt it had too much unnecessary chatter and dragging scenes too much. I gave the 2nd season a chance and it was much better paced with 2-3 segements on each episode. The 3rd season is the best of course because although its a really ecchi show, its really endearing. I really hope the director returns in the 3rd season. Its a shame the person that did the series composition retired though. I hope this does not change the perfect formula in season 3.

Then it seems I'm the only one here who likes its first season more than its following seasons.

Mar 21, 2013 2:00 AM

Jun 2009
Sa-chan_ said:
KhanhCPham said:
Mikenzb said:
NeoAnkara said:
Alexx_ said:

NO! Just NO!!

I dropped the 1st season because I felt it had too much unnecessary chatter and dragging scenes too much. I gave the 2nd season a chance and it was much better paced with 2-3 segements on each episode. The 3rd season is the best of course because although its a really ecchi show, its really endearing. I really hope the director returns in the 3rd season. Its a shame the person that did the series composition retired though. I hope this does not change the perfect formula in season 3.

Then it seems I'm the only one here who likes its first season more than its following seasons.

There is never only one.

"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 22, 2013 11:09 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, I don't think the new To Love Ru will be an official anime series but likely an OVA now:

Mar 22, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
Hmm, I don't think the new To Love Ru will be an official anime series but likely an OVA now:

Just like the first Darkness anime I think it will be OVA first then TV series later.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 22, 2013 1:38 PM
Jun 2012
Everyone who think that will be second season you can forget about it http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4423892.html
Mar 22, 2013 5:18 PM

Feb 2012
marconii2002 said:
Everyone who think that will be second season you can forget about it http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4423892.html
Well considering there isn't yet enough chapters for another 1-cour series, it's not too surprising.

Still, more TLR is always good :D
Mar 22, 2013 5:21 PM

Jan 2008
Yvese said:
marconii2002 said:
Well considering there isn't yet enough chapters for another 1-cour series, it's not too surprising.

OVA means no censorships which means no having to wait for blu-rays. :D
Mar 22, 2013 7:42 PM

Feb 2012
Paul said:
Yvese said:
marconii2002 said:

Indeed! Waiting for BDs is suffering.
Mar 22, 2013 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
Yvese said:
Paul said:
Yvese said:
marconii2002 said:

Indeed! Waiting for BDs is suffering.
That holy light is anoying.
Mar 22, 2013 11:16 PM

Sep 2012
Yvese said:
marconii2002 said:
Actually I calculated that with 8 or 9 more chapters (which means in 8-9 months' time if Jump SQ keeps having Darkness in every issue) there should be enough material for a 2nd season. I predict the OVA will cover some of the independent chapters like Haruna and Rito switching body etc, just like what they did when they released 2 OVAs (bundled with new manga volumes) before the first season.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 12:08 AM

Aug 2009
Paul said:
Yvese said:
marconii2002 said:

TV episodes come out once week.So probably by May all the uncensored To Love Ru Darkness stuff with be out and it will have taken 8 months total for 12 episode to air on tv and then released on blu-ray. OVA episodes have sporadic release dates. The first To Love Ru OVA took a year to release just 6 episodes and the To Love Darkness OVA took 4 months for just 2 episodes. You will be waiting anyways for uncensored blu-rays.
Mar 23, 2013 3:43 AM

Jan 2013
Seeing as the last two ova's (I think) consisted of the special TLRD manga's this too might be of that. Perhaps the one with Rito as
and another one which I can't recall at the moment but it should be good if that's what they chose. I hope it's not an original (please no repeat of season one tv series debacle) though unless the manga writer writes one.
Mar 26, 2013 4:39 PM
Aug 2012
To love ru needs more Kotegawa FAST!
wOOW 4Th april the date i will get to love ru and motto to love ru in my mail supposedly :P Sounds promising
Mar 30, 2013 8:58 PM

Sep 2012
The new issue of JUMP SQ is out. According to the information published inside, there will be TWO OVA's !!! One will come with the manga vol.8 to be published on Aug 19th and the other will come with the manga vol.9 to be published on Dec 04th. YES!! YES!! YES!!!

Mar 30, 2013 9:35 PM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
The new issue of JUMP SQ is out. According to the information published inside, there will be TWO OVA's !!! One will come with the manga vol.8 to be published on Aug 19th and the other will come with the manga vol.9 to be published on Dec 04th. YES!! YES!! YES!!!
OoOoOO Tearju special chapter getting animated?

Om nom nom.
Mar 30, 2013 9:37 PM

Mar 2012
That will be about changing body and Tearju?
Apr 1, 2013 3:56 AM
Apr 2013
OhhYeah!!Can't Wait to Watch this one..hope more scenes for Lala ...ohh and the HAREM PLAN Also!!!
DESSSSSHUUUUU
lolypop432Apr 1, 2013 4:01 AM
Apr 1, 2013 4:16 AM

Jan 2012
Apr 1, 2013 4:04 PM

Dec 2010
I don't really follow the manga, just the anime. But I'm seeing from the comments, that one will be about Tearju. That alone makes me so happy. I really like seeing Tearju.
Apr 2, 2013 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
Great news, I guess I'll have to be catching up on To LOVE-Ru because I'm only on the first season still.
Apr 2, 2013 4:01 PM
Feb 2013
I can't wait to see Yui Kotegawa >.<
Emotions is what makes the heart!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZpi1n55LDd5kG2ipFzmNlw
Apr 10, 2013 8:10 AM

Jun 2012
I just want them to animate Nemesis.
She's so hot.
Jul 25, 2013 5:45 PM

Dec 2009
I'll always be praying for a sensual hentai OVA with Rito and Lala.... Even a little hint that they made love will make me happy...
Jul 25, 2013 7:06 PM

Jan 2013
Guys i would like to know,i almost finished watching To Love-Ru Darkness,and i would like to know if there is any continuation in the manga?Or the manga ends the same way as the anime?

Thank You.

And btw more To Love-Ru please <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 25, 2013 7:09 PM
May 2013
AivanK said:
Guys i would like to know,i almost finished watching To Love-Ru Darkness,and i would like to know if there is any continuation in the manga?Or the manga ends the same way as the anime?

Thank You.

Manga continues I'm not sure exactly what chapter though but its nice to read it from the beginning i just love the art!
Jul 25, 2013 7:10 PM

Mar 2012
Darkness manga is way ahead of anime but still not enough material for new season of anime.
Jul 26, 2013 10:46 AM

Dec 2009
AivanK said:

Thank You.

The Anime ends at chapter 17 in the manga. Chapter 17 is equal to the 12th episode completely.

I understood your question "Or the manga ends the same way as the anime?" like this:
You're hoping that the gym situation developed differently. (as I hoped too) --- But NO. Rito is still the same pussy he was at the beginning of the season. So no real kisses/love make, only Momo's imagination.
><
Sep 18, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
Bananaguy said:
AivanK said:

Thank You.

Manga continues I'm not sure exactly what chapter though but its nice to read it from the beginning i just love the art!

Thank you.I think i will read it all manga,you also say it's cool.

hardrock13 said:
AivanK said:

Thank You.

The Anime ends at chapter 17 in the manga. Chapter 17 is equal to the 12th episode completely.

I understood your question "Or the manga ends the same way as the anime?" like this:
You're hoping that the gym situation developed differently. (as I hoped too) --- But NO. Rito is still the same pussy he was at the beginning of the season. So no real kisses/love make, only Momo's imagination.
><

So first of all thank you for answering me.
If i'm not wrong you said that Darkness finishes in chapter 17,how much chapters do we have now?35?
So from one side i would like to see something new in Rito,but from other side i like the way he is,he adds a "unique" taste for the anime(if you know what i mean) with all his Ecchi/Hentai things that he do.
For me now the best ending is "The Harem Ending" as Momo said,they would be all happy,or at least he would stay with Lala & Haruna...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 30, 2013 10:01 AM
Jan 2012
I honestly do not get why the harem is even supposed to work. If it was purely romantic, that would be one thing. But, I feel that since Momo is too horny to be logical about these things (and many of the 'fans' also seem to be as well), things take an unnecessary sexual twist.

In the end, though, I think that RitoxLala is the OTP here, as Lala is at least considerate of Rito's feelings these days. (The reason I don't include Haruna is simply...because she isn't given as screen time these days due to stupid legal reasons. Although...for all I know, Run may take her place for the OT3.)
Sep 30, 2013 9:41 PM

Sep 2012
sovest555 said:
I honestly do not get why the harem is even supposed to work. If it was purely romantic, that would be one thing. But, I feel that since Momo is too horny to be logical about these things (and many of the 'fans' also seem to be as well), things take an unnecessary sexual twist.
Well, harem is a fantasy thing. I doubt anybody seriously believe things depicted in harem work is supposed to be anything realistic. Fans know in real life no girls will be this horny but they don't mind seeing such dreams come true (at least in animated form) before their eyes. And this is where ToLoveRu excels.

Sep 30, 2013 11:13 PM
Dec 2010
sovest555 said:

The harem works because Rito is cursed to be able to tap ass all the time, but remain a virgin for the rest of his life. The OTP for Rito probably is his right hand. And Momo has an obsession in trying to change that.
Oct 8, 2013 9:10 AM
Jan 2012
scytheavatar said:

The harem works because Rito is cursed to be able to tap ass all the time, but remain a virgin for the rest of his life. The OTP for Rito probably is his right hand. And Momo has an obsession in trying to change that.

If even that... If this was at all loyal to the characters, then the harem would really NOT work. In fact, why do you think that Momo keeps it a secret?

symbv said:
Well, harem is a fantasy thing. I doubt anybody seriously believe things depicted in harem work is supposed to be anything realistic. Fans know in real life no girls will be this horny but they don't mind seeing such dreams come true (at least in animated form) before their eyes. And this is where ToLoveRu excels.

Fanservice is NEVER more important than the integrity of a character. TLRD seems to be kind of realizing that...but it has already dug itself too deep to really neglect the harem aspects for too long.

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaOct 8, 2013 10:37 AM
Oct 8, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2012
sovest555 said:
Fanservice is NEVER more important than the integrity of a character. TLRD seems to be kind of realizing that...but it has already dug itself too deep to really neglect the harem aspects for too long.
Well, I would say integrity of characters is well kept in TLR or TLRD. I do not see much of harem aspects neglected in TLRD to be honest. There is more dig at serious story than TLR but still harem aspects are very much at the front. So I don't see there is any issue about it "dug itself too deep" or anything. It may need to go a bit more on the serious side to resolve things but I do not expect it to neglect the harem aspects at all, not now not in future.

Oct 13, 2013 12:58 PM
Oct 2013
Is this anime having a season 4 or not?
Oct 14, 2013 3:50 AM

Oct 2007
Migmend said:
Is this anime having a season 4 or not?
It's a given, after there's enough source material.
Oct 23, 2013 3:51 AM
Sep 2013
dtshyk said:
According to the official Twitter account, a new OVA of To LOVE-Ru Darkness was announced at the live event called "To Love-Ru Darkness Happy Sunday!". Details of the anime will be revealed in Jump Square magazine to be released on April 4th.

Source: To Love-ru official Twitter account

So it's just an OVA ? Not the usual 12 epis ? T____________T
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.