Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 17, 2013 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, nice fights Alibaba :D

I definitely enjoyed that along with Aladdin. I am glad that Aladdin is using what he learned before in this episode.

That Dunya chick is pretty tough as well. Her outfit looks kinda hot though ;). Idk how well this was adapted from the manga tbh but shit sure went down at the arena.
Mar 17, 2013 6:06 AM

May 2008
Well, the fight with Dunya went somewhat the same in the manga, but the stuff happening in Sindria right now is pretty much anime original exept for Judal's threat and the interaction between Sinbad and Kougyoku. Al Sarmen didn't attacked Sindria in the manga.
I wonder if they'll still somehow include some of the epic moments of the generals since the enemy seems the same as it was in the manga.
sayamiMar 18, 2013 11:07 AM
Mar 17, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2008
This was quite painful to watch for me...
I see them trying to wrap things up for the original ending they're intending to have, and I heard quite some cheesy lines that weren't included in the manga. By cheesy I really mean cheesy.
Alibaba doesn't really feel like himself >.>; and I'm really sad they didn't include Judal's epic close-up moments. "This country that you created isn't half bad..."

oh, and they really have a variety of ost for this anime .__. pop music this time around. . .

I think I'll be watching this to the end, (two more eps.) expecting the worst so I won't be even more disapponted :<
Mar 17, 2013 1:16 PM

Apr 2012
I hope to get well soon Morgiana to crush all
Mar 17, 2013 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
Morgiana get well soon to crush all
Mar 17, 2013 2:34 PM

Jan 2012
Kuroyu said:
I see them trying to wrap things up for the original ending they're intending to have, and I heard quite some cheesy lines that weren't included in the manga. By cheesy I really mean cheesy.
Alibaba doesn't really feel like himself >.>; and I'm really sad they didn't include Judal's epic close-up moments. "This country that you created isn't half bad..."

oh, and they really have a variety of ost for this anime .__. pop music this time around. . .

I think I'll be watching this to the end, (two more eps.) expecting the worst so I won't be even more disapponted :<

two? What are you talking about?
Mar 17, 2013 4:44 PM

Jun 2008
As a Jukou fan, I was disappointed. Anime viewers wont understand why even manga readers ship it. This scene was supposed to have Judal going to Kougyoku to look directly in to her eyes when he asked "what´s wrong Kougyoku?" and when Kougyoku turns the way its drawn in the manga makes a "triangle". Aka Kougyoku in the middle of Sinbad and Judal, not like it was depicted in the anime without any impact.
Geez, Im so hating this adaptation. *returns to manga*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 17, 2013 4:53 PM

Dec 2012
Anepg said:
Kuroyu said:

two? What are you talking about?
There is only 25 episodes. 2 to go.
Mar 17, 2013 5:31 PM

Feb 2011
Pretty good episode. Loved the fight with Dunya; bares some similarities from the manga. Wonder where this original ending is gonna go, what with A-1 changing it to have Al Sarmen attack Sindria.
solazoraMar 17, 2013 6:08 PM
Mar 18, 2013 12:14 PM

Jul 2008
Orulyon said:
As a Jukou fan, I was disappointed. Anime viewers wont understand why even manga readers ship it. This scene was supposed to have Judal going to Kougyoku to look directly in to her eyes when he asked "what´s wrong Kougyoku?" and when Kougyoku turns the way its drawn in the manga makes a "triangle". Aka Kougyoku in the middle of Sinbad and Judal, not like it was depicted in the anime without any impact.
Well from the anime adaption... most pairings won't make sense to the watchers lol...

I really thought they'd include this. . . >.>; (well I thought so for Amon giving birth too but...)
I also thought Judal would speak to her softer kinda.. (the image I got from the manga) even if they didn't include this scene since they did talk.. but that wasn't the case .__.;
and dem smiles T_T
Mar 18, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2010
This anime has really impressed me, every week it's getting better and better and better. So sad there's 2 episodes left, but I bet that we'll be seeing another season not too soon from now.

EDIT: Ok, so I just found out that they haven't been following the manga that much and that they will have a special ending for their adaption. WHAT WERE THEY THINKIN?!!! Need to read the manga btw :S
giusex27Mar 18, 2013 7:27 PM

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 18, 2013 8:47 PM

Apr 2010
Make sure you read from chapter 1, page 1.
Mar 18, 2013 10:07 PM
Aug 2011
They've extensively dun goofed this now.
Mar 18, 2013 10:17 PM
Sep 2012
Wow this was a good episode. That fight with Dunya was really something. She looked so hot when she transformed into her second form. I'm still surprised that they let Morgiana alone while they fought it out with Alibaba and Aladdin.
Mar 18, 2013 10:23 PM

Nov 2011
Already knew it would have anime original ending when the snake bite Alibaba.

Ignoring the manga, this is a good episode, Dunya look hot in Dark Djiin Equip mode. Her Black Djinn form is fugly as hell.

With the change made to the anime, I wonder if we will even see Sinbad in action.

Mar 18, 2013 10:40 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome ending in 2 weeks time guaranteed! A1 movie will follow next year! A1 is AwesomeONE!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 18, 2013 11:05 PM

Jul 2009
giusex27 said:
This anime has really impressed me, every week it's getting better and better and better. So sad there's 2 episodes left, but I bet that we'll be seeing another season not too soon from now.

EDIT: Ok, so I just found out that they haven't been following the manga that much and that they will have a special ending for their adaption. WHAT WERE THEY THINKIN?!!! Need to read the manga btw :S

LMFAO.
people like you.. oh jeez.
Mar 18, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2007
giusex27 said:
Ok, so I just found out that they haven't been following the manga that much and that they will have a special ending for their adaption. WHAT WERE THEY THINKIN?!!! Need to read the manga btw :S

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!! A1 did an awesome job with this so far. Do not by any means read the manga. Your enjoyment will be ruined!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 18, 2013 11:17 PM

May 2010
Why is this ending? so soon? 25 episode aint enogh it just getting good.

i enjoyed it while it lasted

will read the manga after this ends.
Mar 18, 2013 11:30 PM

Dec 2011
I was getting so exited when Alibaba equipped that!! SKILLZZZZZ

And.. lol.. Kougyoku..... XD
Mar 19, 2013 12:24 AM

Apr 2009
the manga fans need to seriously GTFO like really u knew since like episode 1 it was gunna be diffrent from the manga yet come here every single week being bitches
Mar 19, 2013 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
And anime fans need to understand that Magi anime is still an adaptation from the manga, so manga's fans have the right to complain when A1 ruins it.
I actually like this anime. But the manga is by far better than its adaptation.
Mar 19, 2013 3:51 AM

Mar 2013
It was nice seeing Dunya fight, I don't know if it resembles the manga like most of you said since I just started reading it a few days ago and is in chapter 40+ but knowing that the anime will have its own special ending makes me somehow feel disappointed. I wish they will have another season and improve more since the episodes are getting better and better. :I
Mar 19, 2013 4:56 AM

Apr 2008
shanimebib said:
giusex27 said:
Ok, so I just found out that they haven't been following the manga that much and that they will have a special ending for their adaption. WHAT WERE THEY THINKIN?!!! Need to read the manga btw :S

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!! A1 did an awesome job with this so far. Do not by any means read the manga. Your enjoyment will be ruined!

Lol no they didn't.
Mar 19, 2013 5:25 AM
Feb 2012
shanimebib said:
giusex27 said:

You might be mistaking awesome for shitty there, pal. I'm tempted to write more but this would result in too much off-topic or overambitious mods deleting my post.
Just to make it clear to anyone who's interested in reading the manga: DO IT. It's roughly three millions times better than this train wreck created by A-1.

Concerning the episode itself- thus, my friends, the filler fest begins!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 19, 2013 5:36 AM

Apr 2010
shanimebib said:
giusex27 said:

Well, I did like the part with Kougyoku and Sinbad. She looked cute.
Mar 19, 2013 6:55 AM
Jul 2012
This episode was awesome! I liked to see how Alibaba used Amon with the small form of his sword x)
p.s. sorry for my bad english, i'm portuguese and it's a little difficult :s
Mar 19, 2013 7:03 AM

Feb 2012
Dumbass said:
shanimebib said:
giusex27 said:

Well, I did like the part with Kougyoku and Sinbad. She looked cute.

Lmao @ the pic.

On topic, looks like shit is about to go down next week, also we got to see more of Kou's princes and dungeon capturers, dat Kouen.
Mar 19, 2013 7:17 AM

Mar 2011
Yoshino Hiroyuki gibbet is waiting for you.
Mar 19, 2013 7:39 AM

Aug 2009
Hahah, good one Dumbass xD

I liked the episode, it had a good amount of action and new information. Alibaba learned from Sharrkan's teachings and transformed his sword to a form that suits his royal fencing skills better. I most say that his reflexes are incredible fast, he's being able to dodge high speed attacks. I also like princess Dunya,it's hinted that she experienced something terrible in her home country Musta'sim, something that made her turn to the dark side.

Well even if the anime had to make some alternations to fit 25 episodes, it's still entertaining for me to watch. Though I can't help but to think that the direction is being indecisive when it comes to foreshadowing. What's the deal with introducing the three Kou princes by name and appearance and the country Magnostadt was mentioned as well. Earlier we learned about the two other Magies and Hakuryuu's flashback. So all this is really questionable considering there's only two episodes left and way too many plot holes will be left unsolved.

I notice that Morgiana has been left inside the treasure room and the items are turned into gold already, which means Hakuryuu actually meet with the real Zagan?
Mar 19, 2013 8:06 AM

Jan 2011
I paused the manga on the beginning of Sindria arc because i wanted to watch more of the anime but guess i'll continue it once these last two episodes come out.

Anime was great! There weren't many animation fails, I really didn't notice any, tbh, i really liked it! but it makes me sad that they are ending it - it was really a great thing watching it.
Magi animation was waaaaaaaaaay better then what the studio did to fairy tail.
but, this isn't the topic to discuss A-1 studio...

so, the war is decided, I want to see what will King Sin do now that he's cursed (hoping that the kids in the dungeon make it out in time (if the anime shows all that))
Ohooo~ Kou Empire's princes! *w* they look damn hot! especially that Kouen dude *Q*
Oh, yes! I want to see if Hakuryuu managed to get Zagan's powers just in time to help Aladdin and Alibaba *-*

I can't wait for the next episode!!

Mar 19, 2013 8:27 AM

Apr 2012
Good episode, very enjoyable even though the content seems rushed.

seems like filler fest is starting next week? what a disappointment.
Mar 19, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2012
Is it confirmed that it will end at 25 episodes ?

I mean they could take a break after ep 25 and release second season later
Mar 19, 2013 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
thepath said:
Is it confirmed that it will end at 25 episodes ?

I mean they could take a break after ep 25 and release second season later

I'm not sure about that, but they might also make another season since a lot of plot holes are unsolved. A-1 couldn't just squeeze in everything into two episodes, could they?
Mar 19, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2012
Orulyon said:

Wait, what what what?! Kougyoku is Judal's type?! HER? How does that work out? But in a way, it seems kind of cute >.< What chapter did that occur?! What other ship moments have we missed so far? O.O
Mar 19, 2013 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
Spirai said:
Wait, what what what?! Kougyoku is Judal's type?! HER? How does that work out? But in a way, it seems kind of cute >.< What chapter did that occur?! What other ship moments have we missed so far? O.O

Ehm, maybe this thread is not the right place to discuss pairings, I fear the consequence of spoilers and fangirlism. From what I know the Kougyoku x Judal stuff is mainly arisen from the fanbase and fanart as a cute ship, because Judal was the one of the few who believed in her strength as a warrior (+ in scribbles from the original creator he teases her a lot and calls her "old hag"), it's hardly anything big in the main story.
mikadocsMar 19, 2013 10:56 AM
Mar 19, 2013 10:57 AM

Feb 2011
Epicness overload !!!!!!! 2 more episodes ? WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END .
Mar 19, 2013 11:24 AM
Aug 2011
Was a fabulous~ episode. Sad to see this show will be ending, so I'll definitely start the manga from the beginning.
Mar 19, 2013 11:29 AM
Aug 2009
Magi will end? NOOOOOOOOOOO :(
Mar 19, 2013 11:44 AM

May 2012
Dumbass said:

LOL..

Anyways since its gonna be original ending I'm happy that its ending,.I fell like they are throwing random BGM, acting is lame, and the so called war??wth sharkan-masrur-yamu can take those 3 idiots and their army are dungeon creatures?? theres more 5 generals to take them out, no need for sindria's army..so its gonna be a weak original ending of them.. .. hoping for remake!!!..

Mar 19, 2013 12:17 PM

Apr 2010
Kurogashi said:
giusex27 said:

LMFAO.
people like you.. oh jeez.

shanimebib said:

Hey hey, wait a minute you two, don't get me wrong, I'm not sayin' by any means that this version sucks or some shit like that, in fact I think it has been awesome so far, it's just that i would have prefered an adaption more loyal to the manga, that's it.

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 19, 2013 12:54 PM

Jun 2008
mikado34 said:
Spirai said:

Ehm, maybe this thread is not the right place to discuss pairings, I fear the consequence of spoilers and fangirlism. From what I know the Kougyoku x Judal stuff is mainly arisen from the fanbase and fanart as a cute ship, because Judal was the one of the few who believed in her strength as a warrior (+ in scribbles from the original creator he teases her a lot and calls her "old hag"), it's hardly anything big in the main story.

Well its not really a spoiler but Ill put it under spoiler.

Also, the impact of the "triangle" in the manga is drawn in a way that hints "possible love triangle", which in the anime did not give that feeling at all. Also like I said, he was supposed to walk to her in this scene and look at her eyes in the part of "what´s wrong Kougyoku?"
OrulyonMar 19, 2013 1:13 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 19, 2013 1:34 PM

May 2012
Orulyon said:

judal and kouen are the one who acknowledge kougyoku..and if theres love triangle its gonna be sinbadxkougyokuxalibaba and also judal and kougyoku are not friends..

Mar 19, 2013 1:38 PM

Jun 2008
Dark_Messiah said:

judal and kouen are the one who acknowledge kougyoku..and if theres love triangle its gonna be sinbadxkougyokuxalibaba and also judal and kougyoku are not friends..

Judal was the FIRST. And that´s why only his image appears in the scene she talks about it. Kouen does not appear.
Go read the scribbles of the author. NOW. You need it.
Did u read the part of "judal teases Kougyoku always?" That´s why he says that quote in that page. Also he calls her "old hag" most of times, not to mention he has been more friendly to her than Sinbad ever will be if you know what I mean.
Alibaba is just a friend.
OrulyonMar 19, 2013 1:49 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 19, 2013 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
Whaaaaatt?? Only two more eps? :(
A pity they don't follow the manga a bit longer...

Don't really know yet what to think of the changes from the manga to the anime..
Mar 19, 2013 1:49 PM

Nov 2012
Orulyon said:
mikado34 said:
Spirai said:

Well its not really a spoiler but Ill put it under spoiler.

Also, the impact of the "triangle" in the manga is drawn in a way that hints "possible love triangle", which in the anime did not give that feeling at all. Also like I said, he was supposed to walk to her in this scene and look at her eyes in the part of "what´s wrong Kougyoku?"

Thanks =) That clears things up a bit, and if you don't mind, could you also please post the link to the original magi blog where the official drawings are? I can't find it =/
Mar 19, 2013 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
Spirai said:

Thanks =) That clears things up a bit, and if you don't mind, could you also please post the link to the original magi blog where the official drawings are? I can't find it =/

You´re welcome. You can find the translated scribbles here.
Click on those who say "Kougyoku, Judal" (and ka koubun). They´re all very funny XP

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 19, 2013 2:08 PM
Mar 2012
Meh, was ok-ish, but not really good.

Also: rdiculous female armor is ridiculous. I really wish they'd for once give a woman proper armor that makes her a proper warrior and not just tits with legs.
Mar 19, 2013 2:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
Already knew it would have anime original ending when the snake bite Alibaba.

With the change made to the anime, I wonder if we will even see Sinbad in action.

Yeah I think all the manga fans saw an original ending coming when that happened...=_= Idk what Yoshino Hiroyuki is thinking.

I think we probably will see Sinbad in action, just because they're going to war next episode. I'm sure Sindria will need Sinbad's powers.
Mar 19, 2013 2:47 PM

May 2012
Orulyon said:
Dark_Messiah said:

Judal was the FIRST. And that´s why only his image appears in the scene she talks about it. Kouen does not appear.
Go read the scribbles of the author. NOW. You need it.
Did u read the part of "judal teases Kougyoku always?" That´s why he says that quote in that page. Also he calls her "old hag" most of times, not to mention he has been more friendly to her than Sinbad ever will be if you know what I mean.
Alibaba is just a friend.

ohh dont know that scribbles thing exist.. that helps for character build up.. tnx for bringing it up..

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.