Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2008 2:22 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Last few minutes were bad, obvious signs of bad writing and directing.

1/5

TechnicsMKIIDec 14, 2008 1:59 AM
Dec 14, 2008 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
Meh, it's going downhill for me all right. All the recent episodes seem a bit anticlimatic (sometimes compared to their previews). And Saji piloting doesn't work for me.
Dec 14, 2008 1:14 AM

Jul 2007
Epic episode.

Good:
+ 00 going into TurnA godmode. Everytime i see those wings I can't help but wait for some sort of chorus music and nanobot storms appearing. :E
+ Trippy-Newtype-WTF communication sequence.
+ Sergei is alive!

Thoughts:
There's big possibility that the person behind the curtain in the ed with Lockon is Anew.
AhenshihaelDec 14, 2008 1:28 AM
Dec 14, 2008 2:00 AM

Dec 2007
Saji's not piloting, all the dodging skill came from Haro. All he did in this ep in the 0 Riser was to push the button for the docking sequence.
Dec 14, 2008 2:18 AM

May 2008
humbug23 said:
Saji's not piloting, all the dodging skill came from Haro. All he did in this ep in the 0 Riser was to push the button for the docking sequence.

?

Who said anything about him piloting?
Dec 14, 2008 6:30 AM

Mar 2008
KrylonBlue said:
Who said anything about him piloting?

mixtapehaven said:
And Saji piloting doesn't work for me.

>_> reading skillz.

Well, I would be happy if Saji just got magically erased from this show or something. He's so boring, I've tried to like him, but have found no reason to.
And seriously, if Saji and Louise had to meet in the naked world, Setsuna didn't have to be included D:
But this won't make me change my mind about the whole season lol. Waiting for some explanations in the next episode.

Dec 14, 2008 7:01 AM

Nov 2007
before, GN particles jams connection devices. now it connects peoples in a somewhat telepathic way? I'm looking forward to know the secret behind the gn particles in the future episodes. 4/5 for me, stunning animation.
Dec 14, 2008 9:26 AM

Oct 2008
saji being heroic=winsauce

setsuna going bananas with his new toy= losesauce

archer gattai, useless in battle=losesauce; seriously WTF, titties.

anew=winsauce, what an obvious bitch.

tieria getting pwned again=losesauce, someone get this guy into "i like big robots and i wanna make daddy proud school."

lockon =winsauce, not the real one but he works out.

lasse preparing the gun show=winsauce

ian almost dying=winsauce, seriously old man retire >.<

quantum brainwaves=losesauce, its like STD, now everyone has it.

trans-am buttons=winsauce, i thought they just yell out trans-am and it was voice-commanded.

wang lu's WTF face=seriously that's all she's got even though she knows she's gonna die.

non-existent hong long=losesauce, best part of the sauce and they have no minutes for him, even seconds.

irrelevant spacenoids=winsauce, what a great community they have up there. too bad they still look like the power rangers and are stuck slaving their asses off for a deadbeat boss.

barrack=losesauce, we lost a great man, wife's hot though.

louise naked=weirdsauce, i don't dig it.

biggest win of the episode is..........

HALLELUJAH'S IRRELEVANCE TO THIS EPISODE<>
Dec 14, 2008 10:33 AM

Oct 2008
Is it a tradition now that every Gundam must have someone floating naked in space battles?
Dec 14, 2008 12:23 PM
Jan 2008
mouselmm said:
Is it a tradition now that every Gundam must have someone floating naked in space battles?

Yes they only thing its missing is a clone of some sort O.o
Dec 14, 2008 12:52 PM

Jul 2008
pandamaster said:
mouselmm said:

The cyborgs aren't close enough for that?

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, I loved this episode. I'm glad that Saji and Louise finally know they're on opposite sides of the battle been waiting for that forever, and 00 Raiser is pretty freaking awesome. I dub thee "Halo Mode". I mean sure, it was nothing more than adrenaline packed sex this episode, but seriously I've been dying for an episode of nothing but conflict lately.

I'm kind of worried about Ian though =( I've always liked that old dude. Nena seems to be having second thoughts about WLM and WLM about Innovators. Wheeee! They're all going to die! Really though? Epic ending is epic.

Also, fatty wants rice.
BakayaroDec 14, 2008 12:55 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Dec 14, 2008 12:58 PM

May 2008
I actually like this episode, the only thing that failed me was Saji piloting the 00-raiser
I am kind of sorry for Genin, i kinda liked him

Lol I had no clue that CB had so many member O.o
Dec 14, 2008 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, intermission episode. I disagree with people saying this show is getting bad. I'll reserve final judgment after it ends. As for plot, no surpises. Typical Gundam show which isn't bad at all =] 4/5 for the episode

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Dec 14, 2008 1:39 PM

Sep 2007
Enjoyable episode

For some reason I couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud when those mobile suits threw off those heat resistance cloaks
Dec 14, 2008 1:51 PM

Oct 2007

//( . )( . )\\ I think that is how you describe that pic.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 14, 2008 1:51 PM

Feb 2008
I guess they are punishing Tieria for carrying the plot on his/her/its own by making him/her/it always lose in battles. It's getting kinda irritating. Just let the nice... whatever... score at least once. Poor thing.

Frito said:

biggest win of the episode is..........

HALLELUJAH'S IRRELEVANCE TO THIS EPISODE<>

Seriously, what's up with that? That's almost as WTF as that Ali scene at the end of episode 5. They shouldn't have even showed him if he's not relevant for the plot yet.

BTW, I don't like Anew at all. I don't know why. I mean, if she turns out to be evil (aka part of the Rainbow Brigade) I might start to like her, but there's something in her goody-goody voice currently that irritates me to no end. Plus, Marie/Soma felt those brainwaves and if she tells that to someone, Tieria's probably gonna be the one to get blamed.

Siva said:

//( . )( . ) I think that is how you describe that pic.

WTF is that anyways?
sanjicaDec 14, 2008 1:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2008 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
pandamaster said:
mouselmm said:

lol, just like a lame ass mask character :+
Dec 14, 2008 2:31 PM
Dec 2007
KrylonBlue said:
Last few minutes were bad, obvious signs of bad writing and directing.

1/5

Glad you saw that too ;)

Gundam 00 is back on its wrong tracks here after 4 or 5 good episodes, with very average writing and direction. Ian's death (is he even dead?) was exteremely weakly written and put on the screen, and I don't even speak about the ridiculously over-expected death of the A-Laws captain. Actually, I predicted his time of death with an error margin of one minute (missed it by 30 seconds or so ;)). At the time we see the photo of his wife and child in the locker, there's a Damocles sword over his head and he simply can't survive the episode, but it's SO obvious that it's not even funny or interesting (on top of that, we had barely seen him before this episode, so it's pointless to make a "not even secondary" character die, it just wastes screentime). And I don't want to comment on the scene with Saji piloting the 00 Raiser and something like 3 or 4 enemy suits put him under heavy fire, we see tens of shots passing by the 00 Raiser but not even one touches it (it also miraculously survived the annihilation of the third hangar...). Well, that was lame, I hope Sunrise gets back on the right tracks next time, as I was starting to like this show after the good plot and character developments that happened lately.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 14, 2008 2:35 PM

Jan 2008
I thought the episode was mostly good up until 00 got the 0 Raiser.

It reminds me of one of the numerous moments in GS/D where things were certain to go bad, but just at the right moment, someone swoops in to save the day. Very lazy. And Barack Ginin, one of the only good characters introduced in S2, was killed simply to show off 00 Raiser's abilities. Louise's crying out for him sold the scene for me, and I felt just as bad as she did for losing him. He would have been a good Sergei archtype to go along with her Soma. Loss of great potential just to show off a terrible upgrade.

And I don't even need to start on the post credits sequence. It was absolute garbage. Like the writers couldn't think of a decent way for Louise and Saji to realize one another. Ugh.
Dec 14, 2008 2:50 PM

Sep 2007
sanjica said:

Siva said:

WTF is that anyways?

I was getting the feeling its the infinite sign [∞] - As to how humans are always in conflict or maybe the power of 00
Dec 14, 2008 2:54 PM

Feb 2008
Joot said:
sanjica said:

Siva said:

WTF is that anyways?

I was getting the feeling its the infinite sign [∞] - As to how humans are always in conflict or maybe the power of 00

Isn't that like way too deep for a mecha show?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2008 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
predictable, they get owned then 00 raiser. predictable Anew is an innonvator that turns out them but ends up helping them since she likes neil. YET still exciting. can we actually get an epic battle to finish already without either side running. how about 00 actually doing some dominating and not just celestial being running all the time.

glad Ian didn't die. I don't see why people like Louise and Mannequin are still with A-LAWS after seeing what they do. Eventually they will have to make a decision after seeing what the innovators are all about, same with the trinity girl. no idea what was up with the Saji/Louise moment at the end. quantum brainwave stuff again? kind of a cheap wave for them to "reunite".
Dec 14, 2008 3:07 PM

Sep 2008
Joot said:
sanjica said:

Siva said:

WTF is that anyways?

A trail the twin drive leaves behind...?

Dec 14, 2008 3:35 PM
Aug 2008
Im going with Siva, they wanted big breasts in the show!

3.5/5 as an ep for me, bit rushed aswell
Dec 14, 2008 3:36 PM

Sep 2007
Come on now.. nobody has ever heard of symbolism?

sanjica said:
Joot said:

Isn't that like way too deep for a mecha show?

I can believe :D
Dec 14, 2008 3:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
You guys have no idea that the last minute of this episode marked the turning point of this series and just revealed Aeolia's true plan....

That last minute, although a bit cliche, is very essential to the series' plot. And NO, it was NOT to make Saji and Louise meet. The deeper purpose of that scene was the revelation of Aoelia's true plan...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 14, 2008 4:37 PM

Nov 2007
Now that was weird O_O, I mean that last scene where they all can talk to each other like that was weird @_@ I never imagined Louise and Saji would meet in such a way didn't feel quite natural D:, so the Innovator that infiltrated Ptolemy wonder what she will do from there and go O raiser! =D
Dec 14, 2008 5:34 PM
Apr 2008
its happening again the complaits of it going downhill just like code geass R2 .
to be honest its a gundam series(so you should know what i mean just by saying that) and i think its going pretty well .

i liked the whole saji/lou meeting brings back the old kira/athrun memories but ill have to see the next ep before i judge 00's new 00 raiser ..
Dec 14, 2008 6:48 PM

Sep 2008
OK, episode was decent, not good not bad, but where is Hallelujah?

What's the point of giving him one line in previous episode, and not even mentioning him in this episode? Overall, Setsuna will now own everyone, and 2 episodes later, someone will own him, and he will get new upgrade...or finally learn how to pilot the damn machine.
Dec 14, 2008 7:14 PM

Apr 2007
Naked people in space...not what I needed, but is that really the only way Saji and Louise could find out they're against each other? It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

I'm also a little disappointed by the lack of Halle (damnit). Did Alle forget that head splitting pain after 4 years? I figured he would remember >.>

Man, 00 Gundam's trans-am particles can cause some crazy shit...
Dec 14, 2008 7:25 PM

Oct 2007
Wtf, the 00 symbol? I do agree that was pretty much the only way those two would meet, although I have a feeling some doujins will come of this. Yea this probably will be part of Aeolia's plan and also make the enemy forces retreat even though it is pretty much a near certain victory. Although it is kinda funny that Saji now knows who is fighting against. Btw it looks like Louise gets some raep in the next episode.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 14, 2008 7:47 PM

Mar 2008
think they would explain later things happen in the last few minutes later, cant wait for the next ep XD
Dec 14, 2008 7:55 PM

Nov 2007
baasje said:
Joot said:
sanjica said:

Siva said:

WTF is that anyways?

he's saying they look like boobs. I was thinking the same thing after the weird naked space scene. This episode was just off a bit. A lot of useless stuff and things that should have gone better but didn't. Remember, we aren't even half way through 2nd season yet. Hope they fix their writing and directing.
Dec 14, 2008 8:50 PM

Oct 2008
Whoa take easy on the episode. It's only half way thru there's more nakedness to come. Again only wakka is interested in the underlying message behind the GN particle scene. It's now obvious That Aeolia is trying to unite mankind with the 00. Inducing a halicunigenic effect on everyone by allowing them to use quantum brainwaves.
Dec 14, 2008 11:00 PM

Dec 2007
While the episode was on the lower end of Gundam 00 episodes,
i must say

00-Raiser Gundam is smexy =3
Dec 14, 2008 11:22 PM

Oct 2008
the transformation need some old spice from old gattai shows. take some inspiration from the original 3 combiners. i mean where's the epic song played while combining. i know it's a bit dated but to me its still awesome. at least have gasshin playing while combining.
Dec 15, 2008 1:23 AM

Mar 2008
Dammm O_O why is everyone so harch about this ep. XD i kinda liked it^^. oke 00 was a bit overpowered and the last few minits were a little strange but i still loved the ep XD
Dec 15, 2008 1:38 AM

Mar 2008
I thought Kati's strategy was great for the attack. I thought with that huge bazooka from afar that it would take out pytelimios so it really had me going. But it would be even better if they had a sand table where they can show us the battle plans (not like they shown it before).

Another huge treat was when they started showing the life of Captain Ginin (well just the wife part). and just when you start to get attached, he dies on ya. I swear japanese dramas are great on doing that.

There is no right and wrong by the way.
Dec 15, 2008 2:46 AM

Nov 2007
I've got mixed feelings about this episode. Although I like the 00 Raiser (which really does remind me of Turn-A and its overpowered Moonlight Butterfly), I would have wanted seeing the Arios with the Archer, and Saji piloting the 0 Raiser doesn't go well with me. The Newtype-ish scene is something I didn't expect but I like it.

It seems like this series is starting to go downhill, but I hope it won't.
Dec 15, 2008 2:51 AM

Jul 2007
Frito said:
Whoa take easy on the episode.

Won't happen. Three episodes more and despite the content of episodes it will catch the mainstream trend of being called the "trainwreck". Not because it will or will not be that, but just because it will be trendy on calling it that.

Now as for Aeolia's plan, its either turning everyone into Newtype or going further into EVA territory and making mankind into non-corporeal beings.

Overall, now I am getting feeling that they might, after all, incorporate the Anno Domini universe as the first Turn, with 00 being the first prototype of TurnA
AhenshihaelDec 15, 2008 2:54 AM
Dec 15, 2008 3:28 AM

May 2008
Fai said:

Won't happen. Three episodes more and despite the content of episodes it will catch the mainstream trend of being called the "trainwreck". Not because it will or will not be that, but just because it will be trendy on calling it that.

You're still crying over code geass?

lol oh wow.
Dec 15, 2008 5:34 AM
Dec 2007
baasje said:
Joot said:
sanjica said:

Siva said:

WTF is that anyways?

I like the idea with the infinite sign :D But it could stand for the two Saji/Louise "engagement" rings, too, since the picture appears simultaneously with the two of them crying "WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" ^^ A matter of interpretation ~
Dec 15, 2008 5:50 AM

Jul 2007
KrylonBlue said:
You're still crying over code geass?

lol oh wow.

Different stories. Geass-hate began because a lot of people loved that show for all too different reasons.

The point is "mainstream bashing syndrome" - the higher on "total people watching" list the show is the more people will jump on bash bandwagon once someone starts it.

People whining about it with arguments is alright. People just whining about it("omg its all going downhill", "om its just not the same", "omg plotholes") = not alright.

So far 00 hasn't failed me. The 00 Raizer scene, although a bit cheesy( 00 RAIZER lighting up on the forehead, meh...), worked perfectly as an allusion and introduction to the true plan of Aeolia.

I refuse to call it overhax till it actually becomes it ("Introduction Magic Power" doesn't count). 00 so far has a lot of enemies with unknown potential - at least 8 Innovator suits, Bushido's new suit, ArcheGundam, etc.

And even if the suit will become overpowered, as long as writers avoid the cliches of Seed and Destiny, G00 will still remain a good show.

Did the fact that TurnA could tank a freaking nukes and wipe out planets with one flight make TurnA Gundam bad series? No.
Dec 15, 2008 6:02 AM

Oct 2007
skules said:
Im going with Siva, they wanted big breasts in the show!
Well that was the only thing i could think of when i first saw that pic.

nina4life said:
OK, episode was decent, not good not bad, but where is Hallelujah?
His character is made for battle purpose only, so you will have to wait until his battle started.

LOL How did people know this episode has a bad writing/direction when they have no idea of what is going on yet?

-----------------------------------
OK, now who want to bet with me that Anew is not siding with Ribbons? I have proof and reason to say so.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 15, 2008 7:14 AM

Feb 2008
00's new name shall be Infinite Gundam.

Anyway, I loved the episode, the fights were great as well as general plot.
Dec 15, 2008 8:56 AM

Jun 2008
humbug23 said:

He didn't even do that, Haro and Setsuna did the docking sequence. All Saji did was try to hang on and not puke/black out from the G-forces. Seriously, Haro could've done it on his own. The only reason Saji was there is so they can do the nekkid spacemeeting with Louise, which will lead to angst angst angst.

No thanks. Why does it have to focus on Saji!

Plus, Setsuna is still getting pwned. I think it's 'cause he's not Gundam anymore....

GIMME BACK SETSUNA F EXIA!

Seriously though, it's not that bad. Sure it's bringing in some of those Gundam tropes, but I don't mind them, except the "angsty pilot" Saji.

But I think G00 is running into the problem of having too many characters and too little time. You've got the old characters who still need backstory and are not finished developing, and the new characters who need to develop. And they're competing for screentime, so in the end, nobody gets good development.

For example, where did Bushido crackers go off to? We haven't seen him in the last few eps. What about Hilling Care? where did he/she go? And what about that 8th Innovator who we've never met? And Marina is still doing nothing 'cept babysitting and playing the organ and not singing yet.

I hope it doesn't become a trainwreck. At this point, it's still salvageable. I just wish they'd stop with the WTF epilogues and previews that overshadow the rest of the ep...

Siva said:

Lol, Gundam B00bies!!

pandamaster said:
mouselmm said:

No, the clone quota is filled by the Innovators; Regene and Tieria have the same DNA (and presumable the other pairs of Innovators do as well), so I'd count that as a clone.

Oh yeah, what's up with Tieria's hair? It's back to normal again.

wakka9ca said:
That last minute, although a bit cliche, is very essential to the series' plot. And NO, it was NOT to make Saji and Louise meet. The deeper purpose of that scene was the revelation of Aoelia's true plan...

Aeolia's true plan = uniting everyone's will/minds through the use of massive GN particles? Gee, where have I heard of that plan before? >_> ...
MapleRoseDec 15, 2008 9:48 AM
Dec 15, 2008 1:14 PM
Jun 2007
Frito said:
the transformation need some old spice from old gattai shows. take some inspiration from the original 3 combiners. i mean where's the epic song played while combining. i know it's a bit dated but to me its still awesome. at least have gasshin playing while combining.

if only that had happened. I might have had my hopes on too high, wishing for a scene that would bring the nostalgia of Voltes V.

I had high expectations for this episode, after the build-up of the recent ones, it pointed to something epic, something awe-inspiring. what it was was a teaser, a 23 minute long teaser. talk about trolling the viewers. screentime for useless character? check. Princess Marina's daycare? check. a complete utter mess of pacing (for the love of God, those epilogues kill the excitement of each episode!)? check. and the 00-Raiser was left unscathed after the blast? WTH?! for a transitional episode, this was pretty horrible.

but if there had to be a bright spot, I did like the short spotlight on Lasse, which surprised me in its absence in the first 10 episodes. I thought he'd remain a static character for the duration of season 2.

I'll cross my fingers for the next one to deliver. the action in this one was incredibly short-lived.
Dec 15, 2008 1:57 PM

Aug 2008
don't know what all the hate is about. Even before the ep, w/ all the Innovators gathering and new suits showing up & the O-Riser being tested. You could see all this coming to a head. We're not even halfway through the 2nd season.

If 00 & perfcted twin drives end up being Aeolia's true plan to get humanity to understand each other, then I think its kinda GAY & farfetced, but its nothing I haven't seen or expected from a Gundam show before.

Oh, & I know they aren't really, but boobs in space is awesome.
Done.
Dec 15, 2008 2:41 PM

Oct 2008
Filler. Where's my filler song?
Dec 15, 2008 3:01 PM

Nov 2007
geezer said:
baasje said:
Joot said:
sanjica said:

Siva said:

WTF is that anyways?

I like the idea with the infinite sign :D But it could stand for the two Saji/Louise "engagement" rings, too, since the picture appears simultaneously with the two of them crying "WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" ^^ A matter of interpretation ~

agreed, the infinite sign is the better way to see it but i believe it is also to do with the power, the 'will' of 00 and the pilots together in one mecha.. least that was my way of thinking till it does seem like Saji and Louise reunion..

i generally Loved it. the way it was build up was somewhat clické but i still loved it.. i tend to love mecha in general esp. when they get new toys.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.