Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2013 4:40 PM

Jun 2012
We all wear two faces. What counts is what they mask.
OchimushaJan 6, 2017 3:52 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2013 2:35 PM

Apr 2008
Josuke of the part 4 is my favorite Jojo.
Mar 21, 2013 4:02 AM

Jun 2009
Young Joseph of course.
Mar 22, 2013 2:15 AM
May 2012
grandy_UiD said:
Young Joseph of course.

This.
Mar 23, 2013 5:41 AM

Dec 2012
Johnny is best Jojo.
Mar 27, 2013 2:13 PM
Sep 2006
P4 Josuke with Jolyne coming real close behind him.
Mar 30, 2013 1:55 AM

Jun 2012
So the order is

Joseph>Jotaro>Josuke>Johnny=Jolyne>Giorno=Josuke=Jonathan

My personal order...

Josuke>Giorno>Josuke>Jotaro>Johnny>Joseph>Jolyne=Jonathan
Apr 6, 2013 12:24 PM
Jan 2008
I can't decide which one is my favorite: Joseph (Battle Tendency) or Josuke (Diamond is not Crash) but here is my orde anyway:

Joseph (Battle Tendency) = Josuke (Diamond is not Crash) > Johnny > Jonathan = Jolyne > Jotaro > Josuke (Jojolion) > Giorno

The new Josuke is interesting and has potential to rise up the rankings but the time will tell how his character evolves but right now I'm just interested in seeing how he will grow in the future rather than interested in his current character (still waiting for chapter 19..).
Apr 8, 2013 5:49 PM

Mar 2008
Joseph by far. He isn't a JoJo, but Gyro is almost as good as Joseph. Then Jolyne, Jotaro, Johnny, Jonathan and Giorno. Josuke from Jojolion hans't shown anything yet
Apr 9, 2013 6:03 PM

Jun 2012
m4rc0 said:
He isn't a JoJo, but Gyro is almost as good as Joseph.

I was originally planning on including Gyro, as he's more popular than everyone but Jotaro and Joseph... But.

I'll probably make a favorite JoJo's Bizarre Adventure character in general poll when/if part 3 gets an Anime, in that board...
Apr 10, 2013 12:31 PM

Dec 2010
My ranking:
Johnny=Jolyne>Jotaro>Joseph>Giorno>Jonathan>Josuke>Josuke8th
Voted for Johnny

http://i.imgur.com/qnk9UBZ.jpg Warning: Very long post regarding my ranking, but I'll add some art to keep it interesting. Also before I start, I agree with Gangin above that Johnny is the best, and that I am so hyped for Stardust Crusaders. http://i.imgur.com/WYvKHwk.jpg?1

Johnny and Jolyne were the most calm minded individuals in very dangerous situations, and were able to kill without hesitation if needed, but still found the need to have the villain prove themselves to be truly corrupt before justifying their actions.
Also, Johnny is the first Jojo of the new world line, which everyone after Stone Ocean's ending was confused to at first regarding what this meant, but slowly got used to his unshakable determination to keep moving forward even when his legs failed him and he lost his career.

Jotaro's reaction to being the third place and third Jojo

Joseph is just boss overall.

http://i.imgur.com/TFVjDC9.jpg
Giorno never let his troubled childhood affect the way that he treated others, in contrast to Dio's other sons who had run into strife and lost their moral compass.
http://i.imgur.com/wHy6Mpk.jpg
And not only is Jonathan/Dio his dad, he also was very wise about knowing his limits and when to act against orders to help his comrades, never losing sight of his personal goal in the meantime. http://i.imgur.com/DqD1vhQ.jpg

PHANTOM BLOOD

Diamond is NOT Crash

Jojolion
JosukeVIII is strong willed even without a clear picture of who or what he is, quick to adapting to the strange environment around him as fragments of his memories come up. A similar character to this would be Samurai Jack and Luke from Tales of The Abyss. Their characters each have an ultimate goal, whether it be finding their way to return to the past, finding out the meaning and purpose of a cloned existence and Josuke's desire to find out his past and why he was made/fused together.

But none of those three characters are willing to sacrifice people in order to accomplish their desires due to their good nature. Even though he may have an amazing backstory in the future, I find it hard to believe that Araki can top how amazing his characters in the previous arcs were. http://i.imgur.com/twL8LWF.jpg

UNIFORM SWAP INTERMISSION!

STEEL BALL RUN

http://i.imgur.com/4ZT1Ddc.jpg
And to conclude, I've only started and finished reading the entirely of Jojo months before the start of the new anime, but am amazed by its complexity when its seemingly shallow to new viewers. The thing I appreciate most about the series is the naming sense of characters and stands, nothing is better than revealing a person's soul through song, and when I noticed some of the naming even tied in with the villains' motivations and abilities I was really impressed. http://i.imgur.com/WkdlOSD.jpg
AnvicaMay 26, 2013 10:03 AM
Apr 26, 2013 3:02 PM

Jun 2012
Anvica said:
My ranking:
Johnny=Jolyne>Jotaro>Joseph>Giorno>Jonathan>Josuke>Josuke8th

If it wasn't in a JoJo thread... I would of done a TL;DR.
Josuke's backstory did come 3 or 4 years before Giorno's, so I wouldn't use that as a drawback for Josuke's character...

Great pictures by the way.
May 3, 2013 3:08 PM

Jun 2010
For the first few I'd say I like them near equally, but if you had to twist my leg this is probably the order I'd decide upon:

Jolyne>Joseph>Josuke (IV)>Jotaro>Johnny>Giorno>Jonathan

I'd argue that we need to wait till the end of Jojolion to rank Josuke (VIII), but from what we've seen so far I'd probably put him just behind Joseph.
May 10, 2013 1:23 PM

Jun 2012
25 votes for Joseph...

0 for Jonathan and Josuke(VIII).

Atleast JoJo 2-7, Speedwagon, and Erina respect him.

The_Redux said:
I'd argue that we need to wait till the end of Jojolion to rank Josuke (VIII), but from what we've seen so far I'd probably put him just behind Joseph.

I don't know, I mean I've already grown to love Joshuu and Josuke as much as any other character...
OchimushaMay 10, 2013 2:28 PM
May 11, 2013 3:54 PM
Sep 2009
May 11, 2013 5:45 PM

Sep 2011
Tie between Josuke and Jonathan personally. Both are overly badass nice guys. Jotaro would be my next pick.
May 11, 2013 8:58 PM

Jun 2010
YorozuyaGinSan said:

I don't know, I mean I've already grown to love Joshuu and Josuke as much as any other character...

True enough, from what we've seen from Josuke he's fantastic (definitely the most complex out of all of the Jojo's) and I've grown to appreciate Joshuu more thanks to the Trouble with the Curve mini-arc.

To me though he's still very much a wild card; there's still a lot of story left and I can't shake my suspicion that Araki might try to do something radically different with him later on that will either make us love him more or grow to hate him. It may just be the Kira connection making me think that way though.
WandererReduxMay 11, 2013 10:59 PM
May 12, 2013 12:32 AM

Jun 2012
The_Redux said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

To me though he's still very much a wild card; there's still a lot of story left and I can't shake my suspicion that Araki might try to do something radically different with him later on that will either make us love him more or grow to hate him. It may just be the Kira connection making me think that way though.

The next 17 or so volumes will tell I suppose. A twist of Yoshikage may do him well.

KaiokenxAlot said:
Tie between Josuke and Jonathan personally. Both are overly badass nice guys. Jotaro would be my next pick.
Jotaro from part 3 alone would probably be my least favorite but still a great overly stoic badass... But that scene where he carves Jolyne's name into his arm even after his memory disc has been swiped.

AllenWalkerXIII said:
Stuck between part 3 Jotaro and Joseph.

It's great just watching by as they develop throughout the years.
OchimushaMay 12, 2013 12:48 AM
May 15, 2013 8:00 AM

Sep 2009
Joseph>Jotaro>Johnny>Jolyne>Giorno>Josuke>Jo2uke>Jonathan
May 24, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
For this once I will choose Johnny. Lacks Gyro Zeppli even if he isn't a Jojo. <shaking my head>
May 24, 2013 3:06 PM

Oct 2011
I chose Mis. Spider woman Jolyne Kujo, she had gone through alot of things that and because of the Johnny Depp joke. I really like your topics YorozuyaGinSan I hardly remember names of my friends so I kind suck at remembering the names but I do remember faces so I had to google any character's name you write in these topics.

Thanks for all the efforts you put in all these topics, I just spend an hour writing in all the topics and you made me remember how EPIC mangas JOJO are.
Jun 15, 2013 2:51 AM

Jun 2012
Zomsuke said:
Jo2uke>Johnny>Joseph>Jolyne>Giorno>Josuke>Jonathan>Jotaro

So you voted for Johnny? Well I guess Gappy is sort of a lost cause with his current votes or lack thereof. Maybe when part 8 reaches it's climax...

ZanZus said:
I chose Mis. Spider woman Jolyne Kujo, she had gone through alot of things that and because of the Johnny Depp joke. I really like your topics YorozuyaGinSan I hardly remember names of my friends so I kind suck at remembering the names but I do remember faces so I had to google any character's name you write in these topics.

Thanks for all the efforts you put in all these topics, I just spend an hour writing in all the topics and you made me remember how EPIC mangas JOJO are.

I sorta started making these on a whim, as chapter discussions are no fun for me, but now it's easily my favorite thing to do on these forums.
Jun 23, 2013 4:06 PM

Jul 2010
I love Joseph/Johnny/Giorno equally. But if i really have to choose someone ... I'd choose Johnny then.

So, Johnny > Joseph > Giorno > Jo2uke > Josuke > Jotaro > Jonathan.
Jul 14, 2013 1:30 PM

May 2012
Johnny, without even thinking about it.

Johnny > Giorno > Josuke > Joseph > Jolyne > Jotaro > Jonathan
Jul 16, 2013 11:12 AM

Mar 2009
Josuke>Joseph=Johnny>Jolyne>Jonathan=Jotaro>Giorno

no part 8 josuke because i /just/ started jojolion
Apr 5, 2015 8:58 PM

Oct 2010
Joseph > Jo8uke > Jolyne = Josuke > Jotaro > Johnny > Giorno > Jonathan
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2015 5:52 AM

May 2015
Mine would be: Jolyne>Johnny>Giorno=Jotaro>Josuke>Joseph>Jonathan
And I didn't include Gappy because it's not finished yet

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Jul 15, 2015 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
My list go like this
1. Joseph
2. Jotaro
3.. Jonathon
4. Jolyne
5. Giogio
6. Josuke

Not to say I didn't enjoy them all but that's the order I enjoyed their character personality and character arcs in.

When I think about it I'm not even sure Joseph would be my fav if David pro didn't do such a good job adapting part 2 and if Joseph wasn't voiced by the awesome VA of sakata gintoki. It just fit him so well. Also that OP.

I've only watched anime for parts 1-3 and read manga for parts 4-6 so I'm not sure if Jonathan n Joseph would b so high if I just read manga but hey they are.

Jotaro is just classic. And I really enjoyed his daughter Jolyne and part 6 over all.

Giorgio is awesome and it's hard to put him at #5 but I just felt something was missing about him maybe needed some more char development? But part 5 was fun and his battle against diavolo and green day was awesome. Also dat gold experience requiem pose and 6 page muda muda muda muda wryyyyyy barrage -.-

Josuke is cool and all and has some hilarious lines (ah I feel refreshed. Like I just put on fresh underwear on New Year's Day). But he's def toward the bottom for me personality wise and character design wise (I agree w those who insult his hair). His highlights were his dice game vs Rohan and the highway star arc and of course the yoshikage Kira final battle.

Overall I've enjoyed the series overall and looking forward to parts 7 and 8 a lot.
removed-userJul 15, 2015 3:57 AM
Aug 24, 2015 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
Joseph Joestar!
Aug 25, 2015 5:18 AM

Feb 2015
1.Joseph
2.Johnny
3.Josuke
4.Jotaro
5.Giorno
6.Josuke(jojolion)
7.Jonathan
9.Jolyne
Apr 19, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2015
Josuke > Johnny=Jolyne > Joseph > Jotaro > Jonathan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Giorno

Gappy is so far great, I'll add him to my list once his part has concluded.
Apr 22, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2014
Joseph > Johnny > Gappy > Josuke > Jotaro > Jolyne > Jonathan > GioGio
SzJApr 26, 2016 2:52 PM
your waifu is shit
May 4, 2016 2:47 PM

Mar 2008
Josuke > Jolyne > Johnny > Jotaro > Josuke (VIII) > Joseph = Jonathan > Giorno
May 8, 2016 5:07 PM

May 2014
Joseph without a doubt...I think he was the only reason I made it through the first season...I only enjoyed JoJo when he was the protagonist.
Joseph is THE JoJo in my eyes.

Josuke looks promising though, so we'll see.
I had an immediate dislike of Jotaro- I can't believe he's as popular as he is. I guess I've never been a fan of the strong, silent brooders, also I really wasn't comfortable with how casually he called his mother a bitch...was it meant to be funny? Does he ever stop doing it? I didn't stick around to find out.
Strawberrycake48May 8, 2016 5:10 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2016 11:12 PM

Nov 2014
Jotaro>Jolyne>Joseph>Johnny>Josuke>Giorno>Gappy>Jonathan
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Oct 9, 2016 4:12 AM
Oct 2016
Johnny>Josuke>Jolyne>Gappy>Joseph>Giorno>Jotaro>Jonathan

Gappy could go higher when part8 ends
Oct 15, 2016 3:01 PM
Sep 2013
Voted for Jolyne, my favorite character in all JoJo. But Johnny isn't far from her, I have to say (Steel Ball Run is my fav part by far).

For an order, I thind it would be like that :

1/ Jolyne
2/ Johnny
3/ Jotaro
4/ Joseph
5/ Josuke
6/ Jonathan
7/ Giorno

But I like'em all, in truth, even Giorno.

(didn't read yet JoJolion)
Oct 15, 2016 5:46 PM
Oct 2016
Jorge is the best jojo
Oct 22, 2016 2:21 PM

Dec 2013
Josuke (P4 best Part btw) > Jo2uke > Giorno
JoJo is life!! You should know that.
Jan 2, 2017 5:43 PM

Feb 2009
Joseph > Giorno > Josuke (Part 8) > Josuke (Part 4) > Jotaro > Johnny > Jolyne > Jonathan
Jan 2, 2017 5:50 PM

Mar 2016
Joseph and Giorno for me.

I like boys with a lot of personality.

Jan 4, 2017 8:09 PM

Jun 2015
Jotaro>Jolyne>Jo2uke>Giorno>Johnny>Josuke>Joseph>Jonathan
Jan 6, 2017 3:38 PM
Nov 2016
Josuke, Jolyne, Johnny, Josuke, Giorno, Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro.

I'm not telling which Josuke.
Jan 6, 2017 3:47 PM

Jun 2012
uchigin said:
Jorge is the best jojo
I ought to have included him.
Jan 29, 2017 12:39 AM
Sep 2016
Haven't got to part 7 yet but:
Jolyne>Joseph>>Josuke>Jotaro>Giorno>Jonathan
Jolyne is fucking hardcore and really well characterized. Joseph is hilarious and really fun to watch.
Jan 29, 2017 8:21 AM
Jan 2017
Giorno and johnny are the best in my opinion, and also young joseph
Jan 29, 2017 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, I never expected Joseph Joestar to break the poll. Anyways, here's my overall consensus. I don't exactly have a favorite JoJo, but my top 3 tend to be Jotaro, Johnny, and Josuke. I will explain my reasons why:

1. Jotaro Kujo, Johnny Joestar, & Josuke Higashikata

Jotaro Kujo is an odd choice. Normally, you wouldn't find him to be a decent protagonist, considering how he spent most of Part 3 being a delinquent and saying cool stuff like Columbo and Clint Eastwood would. However, as we progress in the later 3 parts, we see his dedication to protecting those he loves most, even to the extent of redeeming himself by being a father figure for Jolyne Cujoh. At the beginning of Part IV (yeah I know I jumped a bit, sorry), we see him lecturing Josuke on using his stand for good and the overall prospect of Part IV's theme, which is taking responsibility and participating with those you care about the most.

Johnny Joestar is also good because of how he develops overtime (pun somewhat intended). At first, we see him as being an arrogant and cocky kid, with his indigenous love for racing and his pride in being a selfish prick. However, after he is paralyzed from the waist down and falls under the tutelage of the Naples executioner, Gyro Zeppeli, we see him grow as a person who contemplates the true importance of winning and segregate his father's philosophy of winning as being number one.

Josuke Higashikata's dedication to protecting Morioh-Cho is one of the quintessential examples of being a true hero. Overtime, we learn that he takes his pride seriously, as seen in flashbacks of his hair origin and eventually his dedication to get the job done. He is also very funny, which is why I enjoy seeing him interact with and or fight other characters.

4. Joseph Joestar, despite being the quintessential JoJo with his hilarious asspulls in Part 2, falls short because he was reduced to puns such as "OH MY GOD" and "HORY SHEET." While this isn't a bad thing, it is a shame to see his potential squandered after being the insane badass that shot Tommy Guns in the streets and sent Gods to space to just the guy who wounds up being taken advantage of by almost everyone he fights. At least his fight with Daniel J. D'arby was pretty cool with the lesson on surface tension.

5. Jolyne comes up in 5th place. While her overall badass attitude is what makes the 6th part shine, she just seems boring to me.

6. Giorno, Jonathan, and Josuke (Gappy) are also boring as shit.
Jan 29, 2017 12:12 PM

Sep 2016
Josuke>Joseph>Jonathan>Jolyne=Gappy>Johnny>Jotaro=Giorno
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Feb 16, 2017 3:32 AM
Apr 2016
My current order:
Gappy>Johnny>Jolyne>Joseph>Giorno>Josuke>Jotaro>Jonathan

Gappy: He really is a... bizzarre character. Not only is his backstorymthe single most interesting in the entire series, but his character, niches, quirks and (imo) appearance put him above the rest. I'm confident he'll only improve with time. S&W is also boss.

Johnny: Watching him grow was one of my favourite parts of SBR. He goes from a neglected and tortured child, to an arrogant and haunted teen, to a depressed, disabled person to someone who could stand on his own feet. His story is beautiful.

Jolyne: she's Joseph and Jotaro. She also has a good character development arc.

Joseph: I don't even need to explain. He's only this low because of stiff competition.

Giorno: Pure JoJo fan service. He really is Dio if Dio were a good guy, and GE is a badass stand. We needed to see more of him, though.

Josuke: The insane hype for part 4 is what ruined it for me. He's like jotaro and Jonathan, but other jojo's outshine him.

Jotaro: he's stoic and placed his loved ones' lives before his own. Badass character, too,

Jonathan: Mary Sue.
Feb 17, 2017 4:14 PM
Nov 2016
Al-John-Davids said:
My current order:
Gappy>Johnny>Jolyne>Joseph>Giorno>Josuke>Jotaro>Jonathan

Gappy: He really is a... bizzarre character. Not only is his backstorymthe single most interesting in the entire series, but his character, niches, quirks and (imo) appearance put him above the rest. I'm confident he'll only improve with time. S&W is also boss.

Johnny: Watching him grow was one of my favourite parts of SBR. He goes from a neglected and tortured child, to an arrogant and haunted teen, to a depressed, disabled person to someone who could stand on his own feet. His story is beautiful.

Jolyne: she's Joseph and Jotaro. She also has a good character development arc.

Joseph: I don't even need to explain. He's only this low because of stiff competition.

Giorno: Pure JoJo fan service. He really is Dio if Dio were a good guy, and GE is a badass stand. We needed to see more of him, though.

Josuke: The insane hype for part 4 is what ruined it for me. He's like jotaro and Jonathan, but other jojo's outshine him.

Jotaro: he's stoic and placed his loved ones' lives before his own. Badass character, too,

Jonathan: Mary Sue.

Are you using Mary Sue as in nothing bad ever happens to him and the plot bends over backwards to ensure everything goes right for him, or in the sense that you don't like the character?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.