Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2013 7:50 AM

Nov 2011

Looks like it'll cover atleast 2 arcs from the manga(sisters arc and daihaisei arc)

PV 2 :
rederoinMar 21, 2013 9:17 PM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 16, 2013 7:53 AM

Feb 2009
>Misaki animated
My body is not ready
Mar 16, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Okay based on that little preview/trailer, I would assume..the arcs that will be covered will be:

May be covered along with...

I'm not sure about the latter though but I would assume Accelerator would definitely get a spotlight as part of the Sister's arc. Hope there will be a longer version of the PV soon.
Mar 16, 2013 8:13 AM

Sep 2012
If they cover two arcs, I guess there should be no room for anime original material, which is just as well.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 16, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2008
Love love love Misaka, so all is well indeed. So pumped..
Mar 16, 2013 10:23 AM
Jul 2010
rederoin said:
Looks like it'll cover atleast 2 arcs from the manga(sisters arc and daihaisei arc)
Wait a minute, are we all really watching the same PV?
'Cause I don't really see how you can assume that we'll be getting the daihaisei arc.
Well, I really hope that's true, though. But the PV seemed mostly filler to me?
hontobakaMar 16, 2013 10:26 AM
Mar 16, 2013 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
I hope it can make it into the Daihaisei arc as well. If so, it will highly likely be a 2-core series.
Mar 16, 2013 10:31 AM

Feb 2009
Dusk252 said:
rederoin said:
'Cause I don't really see how you can assume that we'll be getting the daihaisei arc.
That part with Misaka in the library seemed to me is that part where
I could be wrong though but I really want to see Misaki animated.
Mar 16, 2013 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
^

If she does appear, I wonder who will voice her. Now that I think about it though, that library scene does sort of look a bit familiar.
Mar 16, 2013 10:50 AM
Jul 2010
belatkuro said:
Dusk252 said:
rederoin said:
That part with Misaka in the library seemed to me is that part where
I could be wrong though but I really want to see Misaki animated.
Library? *rewatches* I can't believe I didn't see that was a library. I'm freaking blind.
Anyway, that seems like the best point in the PV if it's true.
Mar 16, 2013 11:47 AM

Apr 2012
For the little that was shown i see that will have fillers and i think that we won't get the daihaiseisai arc in this season 'cause this arc still running in manga, but they can introduce Misaki before like they did with Kongou in the first season.
Sorry for my bad english.
Gorillao6969Mar 16, 2013 12:33 PM
Mar 16, 2013 12:29 PM

Nov 2011
Dusk252 said:
rederoin said:

Misaki is part of that arc, I doubt they would introduce her without also covering that arc.

RandomCarlos said:
For the little that was shown i see that will have fillers and i think that we won't get the daihaiseisai arc in this season 'cause this arc still running in manga, but they can introduce Misaki before daihaiseisai like they did with Kongou in the first season.
Sorry for my english.

Which shouldn't be a problem if that arc(in the manga) ends during the 2nd cour of the anime.

Mar 16, 2013 2:35 PM
Jul 2010
RandomCarlos said:
For the little that was shown i see that will have fillers and i think that we won't get the daihaiseisai arc in this season 'cause this arc still running in manga, but they can introduce Misaki before daihaiseisai like they did with Kongou in the first season.
Sorry for my english.

Which shouldn't be a problem if that arc(in the manga) ends during the 2nd cour of the anime.Do you think the arc could be wrapped up in less than 7 chapters? It's not impossible, but I don't think it's likely either.

And btw, now that I think of it, it wouldn't make sense to show the library scene in the PV, while the arc is so far away and even if they do adapt it, they probably haven't even started producing it anyway.
Mar 16, 2013 2:38 PM

Nov 2011
Onee-sama!!!
Mar 16, 2013 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
Dusk252 said:

Which shouldn't be a problem if that arc(in the manga) ends during the 2nd cour of the anime.Do you think the arc could be wrapped up in less than 7 chapters? It's not impossible, but I don't think it's likely either.

And btw, now that I think of it, it wouldn't make sense to show the library scene in the PV, while the arc is so far away and even if they do adapt it, they probably haven't even started producing it anyway.

I think that the arc will end soon, but adapting it to the anime so early will be commercially bad for the manga, no?
Gorillao6969Mar 16, 2013 2:58 PM
Mar 16, 2013 3:31 PM
Jul 2010
RandomCarlos said:
Dusk252 said:

I think that the arc will end soon, but adapting it to the anime so early will be commercially bad for the manga, no?
Yeah, I think it'll end soon in terms of chapters, but I'm not so sure it's enough time. As for being commercially bad, that would be true. Having it adapt the chapters so soon would be bad for the manga sales indeed. Not to mention how inserting filler in this would leave the Daihaisen arc free to adapt later. In other words, it'd allow for another season to come out faster, making the most out of the available material.

I'd still love them to adapt it nonetheless. xD
Mar 16, 2013 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
*starts drooling* cant wait.

So this is a manga adaptation? seems promising.
Mar 16, 2013 5:56 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Uh, can't wait!

Mike_the_Great said:

It's a LN adaptation.
Mar 16, 2013 6:01 PM
Jul 2012
BatoKusanagi said:
Uh, can't wait!

Mike_the_Great said:

It's a LN adaptation.

I'm pretty sure it's a manga adaptation.
Mar 16, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2012
BatoKusanagi said:
It's a LN adaptation.
There is no LN for Railgun. Railgun has only manga. You must have confused it with Index, which is a LN.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 16, 2013 6:36 PM
Jul 2012
symbv said:
BatoKusanagi said:
It's a LN adaptation.
There is no LN for Railgun. Railgun has only manga. You must have confused it with Index, which is a LN.

Well railgun does have novels, but they are sidestories.
Mar 16, 2013 7:14 PM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
symbv said:
BatoKusanagi said:
It's a LN adaptation.
Novels? I don't think there are. Well I am only aware of one Pseudepigrapha 偽典 that is bundled with a special edition of vol.5 and that's it. And even that contains manga as well as short stories (I won't call short stories novel), and none of the short stories are written by the author of the manga.

Mar 16, 2013 7:42 PM
Jul 2010
symbv said:
JavierR said:
symbv said:
BatoKusanagi said:
It's a LN adaptation.
Novels? I don't think there are. Well I am only aware of one Pseudepigrapha 偽典 that is bundled with a special edition of vol.5 and that's it. And even that contains manga as well as short stories (I won't call short stories novel), and none of the short stories are written by the author of the manga.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/27843/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_SS
http://myanimelist.net/manga/28973/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_SS2
Mar 16, 2013 8:06 PM

Sep 2012
OK, I forgot those SS novels that came bundled with Index BDs (talk about cross advertising). One is bundled with the BD of season 1 Index and one is bundled with the BD of season 2 Index. Yes, those are side-stories and written by the author of Index LN / Railgun manga.

Mar 16, 2013 8:41 PM
Jul 2012
symbv said:
OK, I forgot those SS novels that came bundled with Index BDs (talk about cross advertising). One is bundled with the BD of season 1 Index and one is bundled with the BD of season 2 Index. Yes, those are side-stories and written by the author of Index LN / Railgun manga.

Yup but those stories have nothing to do with the current anime, so the anime is based off the manga, and what nots. Is what we were trying to tell Bato.
Mar 16, 2013 8:50 PM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
Yup but those stories have nothing to do with the current anime, so the anime is based off the manga, and what nots. Is what we were trying to tell Bato.
Absolutely no objection here. I got precisely that when I first read your post.

Mar 16, 2013 9:45 PM
Jul 2010
JavierR said:
symbv said:

Sure, to that I agree completely. I was just pointing out they existed.
Mar 17, 2013 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
So pumped for this!
I wonder if they will show the gore like it was shown in the manga. I highly doubt it but one can still hope..
Mar 17, 2013 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
neontaster said:
Onee-sama!!!

That reminds me, we'll have 2 seasons(spring->summer) in a row of Satomi Arai voicing one of the main characters of an anime(3 if you count mondaiji from winter).
It'll be glorious.
rederoinMar 17, 2013 1:14 PM

Mar 17, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2011
Awesome can't wait :)
Mar 17, 2013 11:53 AM

Jan 2011
>Library scene
So Misaki will be shown?
[center]
Mar 18, 2013 12:27 AM
Mar 2013
This might be too in-depth or impossible to be able to tell from just looking at the short PV, but at the very end when I look at (who I presume to be) Touma's fist (he's looking away in the opposite direction) I thought it was weird that what I originally thought was his shadow was not matching his movements because he only seemed to be moving his right arm. Also, I don't remember any scene like that in the manga? Does that mean they will have extra scenes with Touma too or am I probably just making a mistake?
Mar 18, 2013 2:11 PM
Mar 2013
I just read the new chapter of the Railgun Manga which came out today.

Touma appears in the Misaki arc (will probably play a small role in the next few chapters) because he is probably going to get the charm from Saten.

This means that if the Misaki arc is adapted in this season, Touma might appear once again in the latter part of Railgun S (outside of the Sister Arc)
Mar 18, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2010
Att any rate, this adaption will surpass the previous one. Love Accelerator, he is one cool (yet sadistic) dude.
Mar 18, 2013 9:33 PM
Jul 2010
VioLink said:
>Library scene
So Misaki will be shown?
dniv said:
I just read the new chapter of the Railgun Manga which came out today.

Touma appears in the Misaki arc (will probably play a small role in the next few chapters) because he is probably going to get the charm from Saten.

This means that if the Misaki arc is adapted in this season, Touma might appear once again in the latter part of Railgun S (outside of the Sister Arc)
It's just strange for scenes of such later events being shown in a PV, though....
Mar 18, 2013 9:37 PM

Jun 2007
I might be the only one, but I'm sure hoping they keep to the pacing and flow of season 1. They did a perfect job of balancing out the shounen-esque stuff and the slice of life parts (including both the manga SoL stuff and the filler), and I want that balance to be here again. Too shounen heavy and you lose a lot of the Railgun-only audience (like myself - though I'd still watch for obvious reasons), too SoL focused and you lose a lot of the index carryover fans.
Mar 20, 2013 4:52 AM
Jul 2010
TallonKarrde23 said:
I might be the only one, but I'm sure hoping they keep to the pacing and flow of season 1. They did a perfect job of balancing out the shounen-esque stuff and the slice of life parts (including both the manga SoL stuff and the filler), and I want that balance to be here again. Too shounen heavy and you lose a lot of the Railgun-only audience (like myself - though I'd still watch for obvious reasons), too SoL focused and you lose a lot of the index carryover fans.
I can sure see where you're coming from, as that would probably be financially better for them and please a larger audience. However, I still can't help but to selfishly want them to adapt this arc as faithfully as possible. In other words, not lightening things up. Mixing such a dark theme with SoL stuff balancedly would be a terrible misfit, imho. Mikoto's character development in this arc would definitely not have the same impact. I'd be fine if the kept the SoL to
Mar 20, 2013 12:57 PM
May 2008
Dusk252 said:
I can sure see where you're coming from, as that would probably be financially better for them and please a larger audience. However, I still can't help but to selfishly want them to adapt this arc as faithfully as possible. In other words, not lightening things up. Mixing such a dark theme with SoL stuff balancedly would be a terrible misfit, imho. Mikoto's character development in this arc would definitely not have the same impact. I'd be fine if the kept the SoL to

We need our
I will die a happy man after.
Mar 21, 2013 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder how Accelerator's fight with Touma will be adapted in this series tbh. Fans of Index have already watched it so it will likely have recycled footages? Hmm, I'm curious.
Mar 21, 2013 11:45 AM
May 2008
Stark700 said:
I wonder how Accelerator's fight with Touma will be adapted in this series tbh. Fans of Index have already watched it so it will likely have recycled footages? Hmm, I'm curious.

That would look odd, don't you think? the new CM released and the animation is quite a bit of a bump.

They just showed the punch in the manga, right?
Mar 21, 2013 11:49 AM

Nov 2011
Kazunga said:
Stark700 said:

That would look odd, don't you think? the new CM released and the animation is quite a bit of a bump.

I think so but honestly, I think if they were to re adapt that part, it would take up at least 1/4 of the series. I assume that Mugino's arc will take longer though. And if lucky enough, it will reach the Festival Arc.
Mar 21, 2013 12:01 PM
May 2008
Stark700 said:
Kazunga said:
Stark700 said:

I think so but honestly, I think if they were to re adapt that part, it would take up at least 1/4 of the series. I assume that Mugino's arc will take longer though. And if lucky enough, it will reach the Festival Arc.

Yeah. I think they're animating this in mind that people who are watching this have read/seen Index.

Mugino's fight is the biggest one, right? so probably. I hope so, too! They have a certain scene in the commercial, so there's some hope.
Mar 21, 2013 3:35 PM

Nov 2008

Second PV is here! 'SHE IS COME BACK' Aii, that is one painful typo, I really don't get why they don't get that kind of stuffed checked by native speakers or at least fluent speakers ;p
Mar 21, 2013 3:43 PM
Jul 2012
i rofl'd she is come back man japanese never fail to amuse me
Mar 21, 2013 8:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
SHE IS COME BACK!!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 21, 2013 10:11 PM
Jul 2010
wakka9ca said:
SHE IS COME BACK!!
My reaction was simply facepalm and pause the video.

Anyway, seemed like two new scenes at most in that PV, it's annoying how they repeat mostly everything, and the contents still leave me doubting how this will start (and end up getting adapted).

Stark700 said:
Kazunga said:
Stark700 said:

I agree that that will obviously take longer, but adapting Touma vs Accelerator won't take up all that much and it definitely would't use recycled footage, I believe. Actually, there's stuff you don't exactly see in the Index anime, as this is from Mikoto's perspective and all.
hontobakaMar 21, 2013 10:14 PM
Mar 22, 2013 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
Dusk252 said:
I agree that that will obviously take longer, but adapting Touma vs Accelerator won't take up all that much and it definitely would't use recycled footage, I believe. Actually, there's stuff you don't exactly see in the Index anime, as this is from Mikoto's perspective and all.

Ya, hopefully. I think it would probably last 4-6 episodes. Hopefully what will be animated will be improved visuals, soundtrack, dialogues, etc.
Mar 22, 2013 12:46 PM
Jul 2010
Stark700 said:
Dusk252 said:

Ya, hopefully. I think it would probably last 4-6 episodes. Hopefully what will be animated will be improved visuals, soundtrack, dialogues, etc.
Yeah, that length would be about right. I'd say 4 episodes for that part, 6 if you're counting from

Either way, it has been almost 4 years since the Index anime, and quite the improvement in production values, not to mention they have the extra scene while Touma is knocked out for a bit. Cutting and pasting, mixing it with part of undeniably better production values would be really... lazy. So I really doubt they'll do that. And it surely will be a treat to see that with improved visuals.
Mar 22, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
desolato said:

So hyped I can't even
Mar 22, 2013 1:20 PM

Nov 2011
rederoin said:
PV 2 :

She is come back!!

neontasterMar 22, 2013 1:32 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.