Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fairy Tail Episode 173 Discussion

Mar 16, 2013 12:09 AM

I like how they showed what happen with Lyon and whatshername.

WHAT THE HECK DID LUCY SAY TO NATSU?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >___<
I"M DYING TO KNOW!!!! D:D:D:D:
NALU????!!!!!!!!! >.<

Finally one of the fights i have been waiting for. Natsu gooo! :D

Mar 16, 2013 12:56 AM

The manga made the Lamia Scale vs Mermaid Heel battle seem more even than the anime did... Apparently someone likes Kagura, because she was a fraction of a second away from schooling Lyon in this ep. (she apparently can stop midflight motion on a dime, though. XD) ^^; In the manga Yuka and Milianna were both still standing, too. Hm. I guess whatever, it doesn't really change the outcome at all. ^^;

I enjoyed this episode, but I'll have to wait till next week to see what I really wanted to see!

Mar 16, 2013 1:20 AM

it was nice, but really more interested in the battle between natsu and gajeel vs sting and rogue, and what lucy said to natsu was probably "have fun" or something

Mar 16, 2013 1:41 AM

*Calls episode battle of the dragon slayers*
*Shows dragon slayers battle for 30 secs*
WTF!?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Mar 16, 2013 2:24 AM

Finally, the dragon slayer fight. To bad the episode ended right after the fight started.

Mar 16, 2013 2:52 AM

Zee530 said:
*Calls episode battle of the dragon slayers*
*Shows dragon slayers battle for 30 secs*
WTF!?

Mashima was probably the guy that chose the title for the episode.

Mar 16, 2013 3:22 AM
SummerYoung said:
Seriously, was that Lyon's "top" strength? Summoning 3 ice creatures simultaneously is pretty impressive and I get that Kagura's strength is on par with Laxus' (probably) but for him to be defeated so easily was just... meh, color me disappointed.

Shipper mode ACTIVATE! I'm going to dive in the NaLu love that's going around because NALUUUU n_n

But the sad thing is they won't get together until FT actually ends and by that time nobody will like it anymore because Mashima will have buried his series in shitty arcs *coughGMGcough*

Lol Laxus > Kagura with ease

Mar 16, 2013 3:22 AM

Hmm thought this was going to be all about natsu and dragneel
its all good it was still a fun ep lyon's ice make mouse haha that was funny
and im really curious about what it was that lucy said to natsu before the battle i loved how the match with natsu and dragneel started they where on it like sonic quite literally straight to the punch :p
next weeks ep looks like it going to be awesome cant wait to see the dragon slayers go all out :D

Mar 16, 2013 3:51 AM

great episode, the ending was the most epic
these dragon slayers are too great... heavenly epic!!!!

Mar 16, 2013 4:22 AM

I don't know if there's some definitive evidence in the manga, or anything that might suggest that Laxus > Kagura, but i've always considered him and Erza pretty much equal, and kagura seems just as strong, if not stronger than Erza, especially the way she beat down Yukino. And the fights in Fairy tail aren't always decided by who's the most powerful. If anything Laxus was overpowered when he fought Raven Tail. Again, excuse or correct me if i'm wrong, I don't read the manga and don't want to be spoiled.

Mar 16, 2013 4:29 AM

Consider this about Laxus. Makarov considered him to be the next Master but held back since his personality before the conclusion of the festival arc was the worst and would make him a very bad guild master. After that he was exiled so he was no longer an option.

So it's not a surprise Laxus is fuckin strong if even his gramps thought that in terms of power he would be more than suited for the job.

Mar 16, 2013 4:31 AM
The Juvia and Millianna scenes are golden! Juvia getting turned off by Lyon? I guess what goes around comes around...

Mar 16, 2013 4:38 AM

finally, the fight i've been waiting for :o as one who does not read the manga i just couldn't await it any longer last week and just read the fight in the manga.. can't wait to see everything animated :D
i only hope they let the fight end next week and don't let us wait until the last episode :o

Mar 16, 2013 5:32 AM

This episode was horrible imo.In last 3 episodes they shoud have extended the tag team fight and left some time to wrap up the season.Lyon is overrated(just like Gray) and so is Kagura.That unibrow guy or whatever and Milliana are pretty weak so I don't know why you guys liked that overextended fight that much.

Mar 16, 2013 5:43 AM
This episode just seemed to drag on, love it how the title is about dragon slayers fighting and its only for 30 seconds.

Also glad that they are putting fairy tail on Hiatus at ep 175 instead of shitty fillers so that the manga can progress more.

Mar 16, 2013 5:44 AM

Man they extended the fight between Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel for too much, more then half of the episode with some bullshit.

Looking forward to the Dragon Slayers battle, they are hyping this fight too much, but the manga readers know that we'll all get trolled.

Mar 16, 2013 5:50 AM

Ramkec said:
Man they extended the fight between Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel for too much, more then half of the episode with some bullshit.

Looking forward to the Dragon Slayers battle, they are hyping this fight too much, but the manga readers know that we'll all get trolled.

Way to spoil the whole thing even if it really isn't a troll >_>

Mar 16, 2013 7:30 AM

I do think that the Lyon/Yuka vs Kagura/Millianna match was good that it was extended but imo, it was extended too long. I thought that they would show Lyon to be slightly more stronger than what happened in the anime. It made Lyon seem like scrap.

Laxus has been and always will be stronger than Erza even with her

Remember the Battle for the Strongest of Fairy Tail Arc. Laxus could have wiped out the entire guild by himself excluding a healthy Makarov/Gildartz. In this tournament Jura is considered the strongest, Laxus is probably second, while Kagura/Minerva/Erza/Gajeel/Natsu are a level below these guys and then the others.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.

Mar 16, 2013 8:19 AM

Theusis3 said:

Laxus has been and always will be stronger than Erza even with her

Remember the Battle for the Strongest of Fairy Tail Arc. Laxus could have wiped out the entire guild by himself excluding a healthy Makarov/Gildartz. In this tournament Jura is considered the strongest, Laxus is probably second, while Kagura/Minerva/Erza/Gajeel/Natsu are a level below these guys and then the others.

Says who?

Mar 16, 2013 8:59 AM
Finnaly next week! Some serieus Fairy Tail ACTION!

Fairy Tail!! <3

Mar 16, 2013 9:02 AM

Ice make : Mouse !

THATS A LEGENDARY SPELL AGAINST CATS !!!!

And a combo attack that inflict major damage to Milliana!!! Blizzard + kotatsu!

<333 The strategic mind of Lyon.
GEE HEE !

Mar 16, 2013 9:04 AM

Kagura is quite amazing indeed. I hope we ever see her head-to-head with Jellal.

Mar 16, 2013 9:51 AM

Ehh okay ep, not surprised the fight was made longer, its to give the manga more time. Btw I heard a rumor this show will be ending on the 30th, not true right?

Mar 16, 2013 9:53 AM

mmh was expecting more, if they will either end or put the anime on hold they should really go all out with the episodes so that it wont just die and disappear instead of give us this...

Mar 16, 2013 11:18 AM

I can't wait for the next episode!!! >////<

Mar 16, 2013 11:41 AM

OMG WHAT DID LUCY SAY TO NATSU ALSDJFASLJF23984KDJFKD

I love Natsu so hard. And Gajeel. Hope they kick Sting and Rogue's asses!

Mar 16, 2013 12:26 PM

Epic ^^ Ice make; Mouse! xd it was the best.Gajeel, Natsu vs. Sting, Rogue it will be awesome fight! ^^

Mar 16, 2013 1:09 PM

It was a little funny but the fight was a little boring, natsu and gajeel will be better at least xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?

Mar 16, 2013 1:58 PM

Hmm the battle wasn't as good as I expected, although Kagura was still epic. I can't wait for the moment she draws her damn sword and goes full op.

I somehow like Rogue and his cat... so I'm cheering for Rogue, Gajeel and Natsu in the next battle.

Mar 16, 2013 2:12 PM

Another thing I gotta note about the FT vs ST fight so far. Minimal if not no use of those annoying magic circles. I approve greatly of this change.

Mar 16, 2013 2:58 PM

Next ep, or the ep after that, shit gonna go down

I really dislike how in this ep, they make Lyon look like shit, in the manga none of them got KO'd or Lyon got thrashed, it was a draw.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro

Mar 16, 2013 3:40 PM

somehow didnt like the fight of kagura,lyon etc at all. Still nice to see the clash of dragons

Mar 16, 2013 4:07 PM
Lol I love the Elfman x Evergreen part in the beginning where Ever is laying down next to Elfman in the infirmary

Mar 16, 2013 5:10 PM

I waited so, so long for this fight, I was looking forward for months o.O
I hope they will extend the battle and make a proper end for ep 175.

Mar 16, 2013 6:13 PM

I just wonder what Lucy said to Natsu ♥ ♥ ♥
I wished she have said her feelings to him, but as Natsu just said "yes", I think she said won't lose or I want talk with you later.

Waiting for Xinil's repair in BBCode to update my signature ~

Mar 16, 2013 6:25 PM

Well this is not exactly a spoiler, but more of, what I think will happen, it might still be spoiler. I didn't read the manga.
I repeat it might be spoiler for some. While it's actually my point of view concerning this competition of the strongest wizard guild and the last episodes so far only taking what was already told us so far in the anime. I just put it together, which for some might be a spoiler.

Mar 16, 2013 6:34 PM

They should of called this episode Mermaid Heel vs Lamia Scale. My only complaint.
Moving on the episode was really funny . Milillianna acting like a cat.
Kagura overpowering but cool,got to se Kagura more, I like fillers then the episode is too short.
I still wonder what the hell did Lucy say to Natsu" that she believes in him?" Ahhhhh I want to be nosy. Lucy what did you say?????( love that it kinda didn't go as the manga they show more NaLu)
30 sec or 2min dragon slayer fight got me up my seat.the next episode should of been called the battle of the dragon slayers.
Cool showing the powers,loving ( white and shadow drive)

Mar 16, 2013 6:48 PM

My theory what will happens:

Waiting for Xinil's repair in BBCode to update my signature ~

Mar 16, 2013 7:24 PM

IchigoHollowfi said:

WHAT THE HECK DID LUCY SAY TO NATSU?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >___<
I"M DYING TO KNOW!!!! D:D:D:D:
NALU????!!!!!!!!! >.<

I don't read the manga but I'm 93.452% sure thanks to my superior anime lip reading skillzzz, she said "Natsu I love you so much lets get married after the battle and have kids" lol

Mar 16, 2013 7:40 PM

ao_no_exo said:
Well this is not exactly a spoiler, but more of, what I think will happen, it might still be spoiler. I didn't read the manga.
I repeat it might be spoiler for some. While it's actually my point of view concerning this competition of the strongest wizard guild and the last episodes so far only taking what was already told us so far in the anime. I just put it together, which for some might be a spoiler.

Nope. The DS fight will be the last fight most likely and it will end with the to be continued splash page from the manga

Mar 16, 2013 7:44 PM

Malleta said:
what lucy said??

Probably something stupid like "you have to win".

Mar 16, 2013 8:02 PM

ainky said:
Malleta said:
what lucy said??

I'm pretty sure Lucy said "It's just not going to work out between us Natsu" :D

NaLu shippers, come at me!

Mar 16, 2013 8:04 PM

razisgosu said:
ainky said:
Malleta said:
what lucy said??

not gonna bother. We'll just bombard you with our high tier battleships. Cause this ship is unsinkable.

Mar 16, 2013 10:24 PM

Well, Natsu apparently did hear what Lucy said, so it wasn't " i love you" or anything like that, because usually the viewer can her that, but not the one it is meant for. So it was more along the lines of him winning the battle.

Also, the moment the title appeared i knew we'd see where little (if anything at all) of the FT vs ST battle. The last episodes already employed the same tactics.

And i absolutely loved the opening by Fairy Tail. The moment ST was ready to go, full of confidence, "let's go", Natsu and Gajeel shoved them their fist into the face. And later Natsu abusing Rogue as ram, clashing their heads..

Guess with that drive thingy Sting and Rogue activated, the battle will turn around for a while, until Natsu remembers he wanted to win this.

And Natsu wanting to clean up the remaining dark-haired duo..smooth move.

Mar 17, 2013 12:20 AM

So they remove most of the DS fight to show some stupid Miliana Gag thank god only two episodes left

Mar 17, 2013 1:22 AM

hmm I wonder what Lucy said to Natsu. :D

and the fight was just getting good darn it. 2 more eps, noooo!

Mar 17, 2013 2:03 AM

it was a good ep but as someoe already said Kagura was a bit overpowered compared to the manga cuz it really got only a a single page if i remember correctly and it was a draw with all 4 of them still standing ... anyway Juvia was epic again xD
razisgosu said:
ainky said:
Malleta said:
what lucy said??

haha nice try bro nice try :D

Mar 17, 2013 4:52 AM

The fight between LS vs MH was good but I felt it lacked something xD

The begining of the DS fight wasn't so epic as in the manga and the animation not so good.

2 more episodes.

Mar 17, 2013 9:43 AM

I like NaLu but I hated this moment! It wasn't even there in the manga and they did it just to tease us... They should have at least told us what they said...
Also the battle of lamia scale and mermaid heel was just refaired as a draw..
So this episode was pretty much a filler!
Are they trolling us???
I'm changing the score from 9 to 7
Modified by Mai_san, Mar 17, 2013 11:59 AM
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma

Mar 17, 2013 10:48 AM

Personally I found the muted words kinda ill-fitting for the actual scene.
Yeah, Lucy probably more or less said "Good luck" "You have to win" "I'm counting on you" etc.
For her though, this meant a lot, as it would for any girl with feelings for a guy. There was the blush, and serene overconfidence that her words reached him and meant a lot to him as well.
Natsu heard her words, but flashed a knowing grin and went on about his day. Not saying he doesn't have feelings, but they're just not fully realized yet.

It's whatever though lol. I wasn't originally on the NaLu ship but it's not like we've gotten loads of Natsu with Lisana and I was crazy for my crack of Loke with Lucy so eh. Guess I should load my SN into the NaLu canon.

Juvia's decision to not want her guild members hurt over her chances to be with Gray was a big thing in her mental conflict of love and loyalty. Proud of her. x:
(She just needs to realize how Lyon treats her she treats Gray and that it pushes him away.)

The fight was meh. Cute at times, but meh. They kinda just showed Lyon looking like shit when he rivals Gray. Then again, I never played Gray with the ranking of Natsu, Erza, etc. anyways. Not yet at least. Even so to make Lyon look that "bleh" against Kagura..

Lastly. they're making Kagura look so strong, but they're making her opponents look all the weaker so it's hard to place her level. I'm so loyal to Erza I'd hate to say she's equally strong, but this will all come to light soon enough. I can wait rather than speculate.

Still love how there's females who are JUST that strong in the series. I can appreciate it. c:

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store