Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fairy Tail Episode 173 Discussion

Mar 15, 2013 6:58 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao, what the hell is Juvia thinking? Seriously

>Ice Make Mouse
LOL.

Hell, I'm glad they extended Kagura's fight a little bit int his episode. She's one of my favorites to win this tournament. But ya, Kagura being badass Kagura. :3

Finally, the match I've been waiting for. Sabertooth vs. Fairy Tail. It's go time. I wonder how this entire match will be animated because so far, Natsu and Gajeel just completely went to attack.

Yup, shit's about to go down ;)

Mar 15, 2013 7:44 PM
For a tag battle, there isn't much teamwork happening in the first fight. Honestly, I was expecting more when they said that Lyon hadn't showed his powers. Is it the same concept of being able to have more than one action at the same time (like how Lucy is with her celestial spirits)?

I'm curious as to what Lucy might have told Natsu (ahhh!! my NaLu feels!!), but since Natsu smiled with confidence, it would probably just be a simple "all the best" in her own words. ~(O.O~)

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki

Mar 15, 2013 7:48 PM

I like how they extended Lyon's fight ahhh he was trying SO HARD to impress Juvia too aha.

I can only imagine what Natsu and Lucy were talking about in that one scene!~
Ehe

I can't wait to see the dragon slayers in action some more next week! =3=

Mar 15, 2013 7:49 PM

ChioneDyrken said:
For a tag battle, there isn't much teamwork happening in the first fight. Honestly, I was expecting more when they said that Lyon hadn't showed his powers. Is it the same concept of being able to have more than one action at the same time (like how Lucy is with her celestial spirits)?

This is the best they could do with the fight because it's literally just 1 panel in the manga >.<

Mar 15, 2013 7:50 PM
i just liked the NaLu moent in the infirmary~ ^3^

Mar 15, 2013 8:02 PM

Seriously, was that Lyon's "top" strength? Summoning 3 ice creatures simultaneously is pretty impressive and I get that Kagura's strength is on par with Laxus' (probably) but for him to be defeated so easily was just... meh, color me disappointed.

Shipper mode ACTIVATE! I'm going to dive in the NaLu love that's going around because NALUUUU n_n

But the sad thing is they won't get together until FT actually ends and by that time nobody will like it anymore because Mashima will have buried his series in shitty arcs *coughGMGcough*

Mar 15, 2013 8:17 PM
SummerYoung said:
Seriously, was that Lyon's "top" strength? Summoning 3 ice creatures simultaneously is pretty impressive and I get that Kagura's strength is on par with Laxus' (probably) but for him to be defeated so easily was just... meh, color me disappointed.

Hahahahaha.

No.

Anyway Anime team really wants to hype Kagura up to heaven, in the Manga the fight on has like 1 panel and and looked much more balanced. They seriously outdo her Gravity magic here because she has never shown to be this impressive with this magic the Manga.

Mar 15, 2013 8:32 PM

well this ep. sucked .. i don't know i saw some ppl saying " I like how they extended Lyon's fight" or kagura's fight anyway .. though i liked the 1 panel Fight from the manga :|...wanted to see more Natsu .. :| i mean this Ep. was named something like D.S fight or something like that no ? :|

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)

Mar 15, 2013 8:33 PM
I didn't like how long the first fight was. The title is Battle of the Dragon Slayers, but there was hardly any thing good about the dragon slayers in that episode, except for the 30 seconds they fight before the episode ends.

I kinda felt like they needlessly extended the first fight when they could have made the FT vs. ST fight take up more of the episode.

Mar 15, 2013 8:48 PM

It is finally happening!!!
The Dragon Slayer match!!!
Although I kinda hate how they removed bits when it started. Very well, I expect a seriously good animation for this fight!
Modified by Fiji, Mar 15, 2013 9:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 15, 2013 8:54 PM

i like NALU this ep.. and the mood is gloomy, like someones dead or because its ending lols, i dont like they extend lyon vs kagura fight its annoying instead(true strength? summon animals? WTH) ...

Mar 15, 2013 8:58 PM

Meh, didn't like that Lyon's battle was a draw.. But at least we got to start the dragon slayer fight :D

Mar 15, 2013 9:00 PM
Lucy blushing <3
Kagura's hatred for

Mar 15, 2013 9:46 PM

That was bad, they crushed Lyon's image.
Modified by HacheKa, Mar 16, 2013 2:51 AM

Mar 15, 2013 10:13 PM

what lucy said??
[size=200]Osu!
[/size]

Mar 15, 2013 10:49 PM

They did great with this episode especially on the Lyon vs Kagura fight. While the manga trolled us with a 1 page nonsense we got the full version here. Even the intro to the Dragon Slayer fight is fantastic. And the music is very appropriate in every scene, I'm totally impressed, this is the best episode in a looooonggg while.
Modified by LanceC, Mar 15, 2013 10:54 PM

Mar 15, 2013 10:53 PM

Wow, that was a retarded dragging of episode. Oh well, I'm just glad we will finally witness the battle between the dragon slayers.

Mod edit: removed deleted post quote
Modified by koleare, Mar 16, 2013 10:19 AM

Mar 15, 2013 10:59 PM
Who said natsu and lucy will never be together because of mashima's shitty arc? Fyi, i love the current arc, and don't
You worry, natsu will never die, that's shounen for you, it's
Not ichigo nor edo tensei!

Nalu shippers!

Remember: manga is far superior than anime!

<3 it!

Mar 15, 2013 11:50 PM
Bad extension. It made Lyon look like a joke.
That was horrible.

> Battle of the Dragon Slayers
> 30 Seconds
> Huh?

Best part was definitely Igneel.
The fight should have just started next episode rather, it lost impact and was not nearly as good as the manga.

SummerYoung said:
Talukita said:
SummerYoung said:

Hahahahaha.

No.

So there's no way Kagura's stronger than Laxus?

She's not even close to his level... and even that's a understatement.

Major Spoilers:
Modified by Gatchum_Bye-Bye, Mar 15, 2013 11:58 PM

Mar 15, 2013 11:54 PM

man the first fight was just plain boring, but I guess they did with it what they could.

finally time for the main event. Natus and Gajeel at least have some time work so far. They need to take it to them.

Mar 16, 2013 12:09 AM

I like how they showed what happen with Lyon and whatshername.

WHAT THE HECK DID LUCY SAY TO NATSU?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >___<
I"M DYING TO KNOW!!!! D:D:D:D:
NALU????!!!!!!!!! >.<

Finally one of the fights i have been waiting for. Natsu gooo! :D

Mar 16, 2013 12:56 AM

The manga made the Lamia Scale vs Mermaid Heel battle seem more even than the anime did... Apparently someone likes Kagura, because she was a fraction of a second away from schooling Lyon in this ep. (she apparently can stop midflight motion on a dime, though. XD) ^^; In the manga Yuka and Milianna were both still standing, too. Hm. I guess whatever, it doesn't really change the outcome at all. ^^;

I enjoyed this episode, but I'll have to wait till next week to see what I really wanted to see!

Mar 16, 2013 1:20 AM

it was nice, but really more interested in the battle between natsu and gajeel vs sting and rogue, and what lucy said to natsu was probably "have fun" or something

Mar 16, 2013 1:41 AM

*Calls episode battle of the dragon slayers*
*Shows dragon slayers battle for 30 secs*
WTF!?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Mar 16, 2013 2:24 AM

Finally, the dragon slayer fight. To bad the episode ended right after the fight started.

Mar 16, 2013 2:52 AM

Zee530 said:
*Calls episode battle of the dragon slayers*
*Shows dragon slayers battle for 30 secs*
WTF!?

Mashima was probably the guy that chose the title for the episode.

Mar 16, 2013 3:22 AM
SummerYoung said:

Shipper mode ACTIVATE! I'm going to dive in the NaLu love that's going around because NALUUUU n_n

But the sad thing is they won't get together until FT actually ends and by that time nobody will like it anymore because Mashima will have buried his series in shitty arcs *coughGMGcough*

Lol Laxus > Kagura with ease

Mar 16, 2013 3:22 AM

Hmm thought this was going to be all about natsu and dragneel
its all good it was still a fun ep lyon's ice make mouse haha that was funny
and im really curious about what it was that lucy said to natsu before the battle i loved how the match with natsu and dragneel started they where on it like sonic quite literally straight to the punch :p
next weeks ep looks like it going to be awesome cant wait to see the dragon slayers go all out :D

Mar 16, 2013 3:51 AM

great episode, the ending was the most epic
these dragon slayers are too great... heavenly epic!!!!

Mar 16, 2013 4:22 AM

I don't know if there's some definitive evidence in the manga, or anything that might suggest that Laxus > Kagura, but i've always considered him and Erza pretty much equal, and kagura seems just as strong, if not stronger than Erza, especially the way she beat down Yukino. And the fights in Fairy tail aren't always decided by who's the most powerful. If anything Laxus was overpowered when he fought Raven Tail. Again, excuse or correct me if i'm wrong, I don't read the manga and don't want to be spoiled.

Mar 16, 2013 4:29 AM

Consider this about Laxus. Makarov considered him to be the next Master but held back since his personality before the conclusion of the festival arc was the worst and would make him a very bad guild master. After that he was exiled so he was no longer an option.

So it's not a surprise Laxus is fuckin strong if even his gramps thought that in terms of power he would be more than suited for the job.

Mar 16, 2013 4:31 AM
The Juvia and Millianna scenes are golden! Juvia getting turned off by Lyon? I guess what goes around comes around...

Mar 16, 2013 4:38 AM

finally, the fight i've been waiting for :o as one who does not read the manga i just couldn't await it any longer last week and just read the fight in the manga.. can't wait to see everything animated :D
i only hope they let the fight end next week and don't let us wait until the last episode :o

Mar 16, 2013 5:32 AM

This episode was horrible imo.In last 3 episodes they shoud have extended the tag team fight and left some time to wrap up the season.Lyon is overrated(just like Gray) and so is Kagura.That unibrow guy or whatever and Milliana are pretty weak so I don't know why you guys liked that overextended fight that much.

Mar 16, 2013 5:43 AM
This episode just seemed to drag on, love it how the title is about dragon slayers fighting and its only for 30 seconds.

Also glad that they are putting fairy tail on Hiatus at ep 175 instead of shitty fillers so that the manga can progress more.

Mar 16, 2013 5:44 AM

Man they extended the fight between Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel for too much, more then half of the episode with some bullshit.

Looking forward to the Dragon Slayers battle, they are hyping this fight too much, but the manga readers know that we'll all get trolled.

Mar 16, 2013 5:50 AM

Ramkec said:
Man they extended the fight between Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel for too much, more then half of the episode with some bullshit.

Looking forward to the Dragon Slayers battle, they are hyping this fight too much, but the manga readers know that we'll all get trolled.

Way to spoil the whole thing even if it really isn't a troll >_>

Mar 16, 2013 7:30 AM

I do think that the Lyon/Yuka vs Kagura/Millianna match was good that it was extended but imo, it was extended too long. I thought that they would show Lyon to be slightly more stronger than what happened in the anime. It made Lyon seem like scrap.

Laxus has been and always will be stronger than Erza even with her

Remember the Battle for the Strongest of Fairy Tail Arc. Laxus could have wiped out the entire guild by himself excluding a healthy Makarov/Gildartz. In this tournament Jura is considered the strongest, Laxus is probably second, while Kagura/Minerva/Erza/Gajeel/Natsu are a level below these guys and then the others.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.

Mar 16, 2013 8:19 AM

Theusis3 said:

Laxus has been and always will be stronger than Erza even with her

Remember the Battle for the Strongest of Fairy Tail Arc. Laxus could have wiped out the entire guild by himself excluding a healthy Makarov/Gildartz. In this tournament Jura is considered the strongest, Laxus is probably second, while Kagura/Minerva/Erza/Gajeel/Natsu are a level below these guys and then the others.

Says who?

Mar 16, 2013 8:59 AM
Finnaly next week! Some serieus Fairy Tail ACTION!

Fairy Tail!! <3

Mar 16, 2013 9:02 AM

Ice make : Mouse !

THATS A LEGENDARY SPELL AGAINST CATS !!!!

And a combo attack that inflict major damage to Milliana!!! Blizzard + kotatsu!

<333 The strategic mind of Lyon.
GEE HEE !

Mar 16, 2013 9:04 AM

Kagura is quite amazing indeed. I hope we ever see her head-to-head with Jellal.

Mar 16, 2013 9:51 AM

Ehh okay ep, not surprised the fight was made longer, its to give the manga more time. Btw I heard a rumor this show will be ending on the 30th, not true right?

Mar 16, 2013 9:53 AM

mmh was expecting more, if they will either end or put the anime on hold they should really go all out with the episodes so that it wont just die and disappear instead of give us this...

Mar 16, 2013 11:18 AM

I can't wait for the next episode!!! >////<

Mar 16, 2013 11:41 AM

OMG WHAT DID LUCY SAY TO NATSU ALSDJFASLJF23984KDJFKD

I love Natsu so hard. And Gajeel. Hope they kick Sting and Rogue's asses!

Mar 16, 2013 12:26 PM

Epic ^^ Ice make; Mouse! xd it was the best.Gajeel, Natsu vs. Sting, Rogue it will be awesome fight! ^^

Mar 16, 2013 1:09 PM

It was a little funny but the fight was a little boring, natsu and gajeel will be better at least xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?

Mar 16, 2013 1:58 PM

Hmm the battle wasn't as good as I expected, although Kagura was still epic. I can't wait for the moment she draws her damn sword and goes full op.

I somehow like Rogue and his cat... so I'm cheering for Rogue, Gajeel and Natsu in the next battle.

Mar 16, 2013 2:12 PM

Another thing I gotta note about the FT vs ST fight so far. Minimal if not no use of those annoying magic circles. I approve greatly of this change.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store