Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 14, 2013 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, Megumu is pissed. So I guess it was because the reactions the others shown towards what happened recently. Funny how he gets a bit scared afterwards imo. I lol'd @ that part.

Heh, for some reason, I found Aika really cute doing the flashback restaurant scene. Pretty pleasant episode imo.
Mar 14, 2013 12:26 PM
Mar 2013
I really, really, *reaaaally* need your help as to where the heck I can find the new episode. I can't find it anywhere, and it's pretty damn annoying!

EDIT: Nevermind, got it!
bellefaceMar 14, 2013 12:42 PM
Mar 14, 2013 12:35 PM

Oct 2012
Haha, I just couldn't stop laughing when yoshino was like "I think he broke something fairly important" then just falls on the couch. And wow, hanemura is really strong now.
Mar 14, 2013 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
WOW, this far into the series and they manage to sneak in an entire episode dedicated to character development, a really good one at that. I mean Mahiro and Yoshino became a lot more human to in these later episodes. And the best part? Hanemura gets to save the world being the wimp of the series. Actually scratch that, Hanemura was pretty badass in this episode when he knocked out both Yoshino and Mahiro. The tone shifted from intense, to melodramatic and then takes 180 degrees turn to become downright comedic the moment Yoshino announced, "I think he broke something fairly important." It's very rare to see slapstick humor in ZnT, so that was pure gold.
Heart breaking scene at the end though with what Aika said.
Mar 14, 2013 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
I really want to know what Aika wrought on those letters
Next episode will de awesome
Mar 14, 2013 1:02 PM

Jun 2012
Thank the lord Hanemura isn't the protagonist of this anime/manga

His reaction after hearing the truth regarding Fuwa Aika juxtaposes nicely with Yoshino and Mahiro's. Both sides of the same coin, you have the two boys taking it rationally without their emotions getting to them and then Hanemura's is arguably the more "human" reaction telling them how wrong this whole situation is. As noted by Samon this week, Yoshino and Mahiro are far more mature for their age than they let on. It's something you don't see very often in shonen protagonists. I can appreciate where Hanemura is coming from though, his mindset is very much like a Jump character acting on feelings.
HybridMBLMar 14, 2013 4:25 PM
Mar 14, 2013 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
It's funny how Hanemura is the one who voices everything we as viewers want to say to them. Who would have thought that such an awkward guy could be the voice of reason.

Next week looks really good. I want to know what Yoshino and Mahiro have planned over coffee.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 14, 2013 1:05 PM

Dec 2012
woah, megumu getting angry was awesome! it seemed like he was the only one who actually showed some emotions. and he said all the things i wanted to say. you go, megumu!

their first meeting with aika was really nice. it happened exactly as i imagined it - mahiro being himself and maybe being a bit rude, aika being calm but also kind of proud, yoshino being a bit shy when it comes to aika.
i also really liked the part where yoshino said "aika-chan" to her and she just answered "that's the first time anyone added a -chan to my name." it was kind of cute.

but the last part made my heart ache a bit "because every tragedy may seem like a comedy as long as i am with them."
i just really, really like aika. yup.

so actually there are two mysteries left - what did aika write; what's in that letter? and who's megumu's girlfriend?
two more episodes. i'm excited.
Mar 14, 2013 1:07 PM

Aug 2010
I lol'd sooo much at the part where Hanemura had his burst of anger, breaking Yoshino in the process XD
Also seems it's him alone vs the world hahaha...what a responsibility for what used to be a loser like him XD

Totally love the first meeting of those 3. Their relationship with eachother is really unique and so enjoyable :)

Nice setup and Nxt ep seems really awesome...can't wait.

And Damn the animation this ep was soo good!!
Mar 14, 2013 1:16 PM

May 2010
Bout time those 2 dude got a beating seesh.

also thank god this is omost over.
Mar 14, 2013 1:22 PM

Feb 2012
I just couldn't appreciate Megumu's blow-up, I hate people who tell each other how they should or should not react. I don't think anyone has the right to do that, not even someone who's close to you (which he's not to neither Mahiro nor Yoshino).
I didn't like this episode that much, to be honest. Nothing much happened, some flashbacks... that doesn't really matter though, since the last episodes were pretty much awesome and I'm positive the last two episodes will be great too. At least I really hope so.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Mar 14, 2013 1:29 PM
Oct 2011
According to the magazine that the last chapter came out on the last few episodes would have alot of anime-added scenes, and I can see why now. They can't cram 7 chapters in the last 3, but I didn't completely hate how they combined some parts in this ep.

The meeting with Mahiro and Yoshino was suppose to be seperate but I actually like how they combined them meeting her together, because it really makes sense and their interactions with each other is probably the best interactions in the whole show. Those three are willing to go through so much for each other, and Mahiro and Yoshino accepting the truth just because of their feelings for Aika, well it's just sweet. God, but that last line and smile by Aika, is sure so adorably cute and heartbreaking at the same time. I really adore those three, they have such natural chemistry with each other.

Hanemura is probably the only person who acts how they're suppose to in any situation, since everyone else is putting up a tough front. He's growing so much, I'm really proud of him.

Preview seems like they're exaggerating the Yoshino/Hakaze scenes again, and the fight starts. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Overall, I liked it.
Fallen_LullabyMar 14, 2013 1:35 PM
Mar 14, 2013 1:36 PM

Aug 2011
Was it just me or was the art a bit off this week??

Anyways this was a great episode. I miss Aika, she was such a great character. Even though she was really. Never alive. During the entire thing. But now that all conflicts around her are technically resolved we probably won't see her much anymore.

Hanemura is pretty great too. He's become pretty strong huh. Poor Yoshino, that looked like it really hurt. DX "I think I've broken something fairly important."

Looking forward to the next episode as usual. :DD
Mar 14, 2013 1:39 PM
Nov 2012
I can't believe how they deleted the first time Aika and Yoshino met. Aika blushes when she meets Yoshino and goes moe

I did read the magazine where it said that these last episodes were going to have new content, in fact the battle against the Tree of Genesis is going to be changed a bit:
Mar 14, 2013 1:46 PM
Oct 2011
Ugh, tell me about it. They left out Yoshino's and Aika's dialogue's except the name thing but kept Mahiro's and Aika's conversation which I'm quite happy about though.

Since Okada's in charge, I pray the ending won't be an anime original ending though. With her in charge, anything can happen.
Mar 14, 2013 2:04 PM
Oct 2012
i kind of a bland episode. nothing really happened
Mar 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Sep 2012
Patriots_fan said:
i kind of a bland episode. nothing I wanted to see really happened
Corrected.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 14, 2013 2:20 PM

Jan 2010
The manga ended two days ago :O 3-12-13
They are cramming things up? or Anime ending?
I wish they coulda extend it >_>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2013 2:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
KingLear said:
I just couldn't appreciate Megumu's blow-up, I hate people who tell each other how they should or should not react. I don't think anyone has the right to do that, not even someone who's close to you (which he's not to neither Mahiro nor Yoshino).

That's how I felt with Hakaze telling Yoshino that he should cry. But still, it was good that she said it so we could see a more human side to Yoshino. Even though Megu did blow up at them, I still think it was good to show that Mahiro and Yoshino really are mature, and they try to be objective about things.
I thought they did a great job with the yelling scene and Megu punching Mahiro and Yoshino XD He's super strong. Poor Yoshino though, getting hit in the stomach AND the face o_O

I am also a little bummed that they put Mahiro x Aika's meeting and Yoshino x Aika's meeting into one scene :/ I guess it makes sense in a way to do it, but considering how there's still two episodes left and the last chapter just came out, there is definitely room to split the meeting into two parts. Oh well, at least they didn't completely butcher it :) I also definitely see some new scenes being added in because of that last part when Yoshino and Mahiro are talking about taking responsbility for Aika. I love the both of them, they really compliment each other. I also love how Mahiro is such a natural leader.
Mar 14, 2013 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
I was almost expecting Yoshino to fly through the window.
Another anime with 'name' discussion.
It was a sweet scene too.

5/5
Mar 14, 2013 2:42 PM

Oct 2012
Woahh Hanemura snapped.
Mahiro and Yoshino are certainly not normal, taking all of the news in such a calm manner.... amusing people like Aika said.

I couldn't stop laughing when Yoshino calmly said he broke something and then passed out..... at least Hakaze fixed him xD

Overall, great episode.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Mar 14, 2013 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
Fallen_Lullaby said:
According to the magazine that the last chapter came out on the last few episodes would have alot of anime-added scenes,
So nothing new, they have been doing that since episode 1, and since you said
this sounds like a gigantic improvement with what the anime is doing. Dont know why we had to spoiler tag that as its not a spoiler but whatever

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 14, 2013 2:48 PM
Aug 2008
I haven't read the manga, but the meeting of the three of them felt real to the characters. Like Mahiro said, Yoshino to him is someone he can rely on, so of course you bring him with you the first time you're going to meet your new sister. I thought the scene really worked well.

Megumu blowing up at the two of them didn't hold up for me. We already had that scene with Yoshino and Hakaze, which had much more weight to it.

I've really enjoyed this series so far. It is a little pretentious with all the Shakespeare, but I like the characters so much that I can ignore it.
Mar 14, 2013 3:01 PM

Oct 2010
I tried the manga but i'm glad as hell they didnt use that art style in the anime. I notice some changes but the show is still good. Why can''t we get more shows like this where people are smart, strong, and have common sense.

I can't wait to see next week's episode. I hope it doesnt end in a tragedy but i got a feeling it will.
Mar 14, 2013 3:04 PM
Sep 2012
flamingo-chan said:
I can't believe how they deleted the first time Aika and Yoshino met. Aika blushes when she meets Yoshino and goes moe

I did read the magazine where it said that these last episodes were going to have new content, in fact the battle against the Tree of Genesis is going to be changed a bit:

Well, I still hope to see that escene between Yoshino and Aika. I'd like to see how she first gets nervous.

It seems that there will be some changes between the manga and the anime.
Mar 14, 2013 3:48 PM
Oct 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
So nothing new, they have been doing that since episode 1, and since you said
this sounds like a gigantic improvement with what the anime is doing. Dont know why we had to spoiler tag that as its not a spoiler but whatever

I normally don't have too much qualms for anime-added scenes in anime adaptations, but you will see alot of the manga readers do. I don't mind as long as it makes sense and it's necessary. In this case it is, since 7 chapters in the last 3 eps is alot. It does feel like they crammed alot in this Ep though. But since Yoshino and Mahiro's roles will be different, that means the side characters that was meant to shine in the fight alone, well, gets put at the back burner.
Mar 14, 2013 4:07 PM
Nov 2012
Fallen_Lullaby said:

I normally don't have too much qualms for anime-added scenes in anime adaptations, but you will see alot of the manga readers do. I don't mind as long as it makes sense and it's necessary. In this case it is, since 7 chapters in the last 3 eps is alot. It does feel like they crammed alot in this Ep though. But since Yoshino and Mahiro's roles will be different, that means the side characters that was meant to shine in the fight alone, well, gets put at the back burner.

Exactly, I praise the anime for how they've handled the adaptation and how they've added original scenes that flow well but one of my favorite things about the final chapters of the manga was how the main characters weren't present in the most important event which is the destruction of the Tree of Genesis.

Hanemura, Samon and Hakaze were quite epic in the final, heck even Tetsuma who in the manga got less screentime than in the anime really shined. It was wonderful to see all the secondary characters have the spotlight.
According to the magazine
Mar 14, 2013 5:05 PM

Feb 2012
It's all about dat Hanemura x2.

I liked the restaurant scene, very nice, very nice.
Mar 14, 2013 5:15 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Personally I wouldn't care less about collateral damage at this point, but whatever amuses them I suppose.
Mar 14, 2013 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
I really am not fond of Hanemura in any way, and I still found him rather annoying during his moment of rage. I'm a little wary of how quickly his importance as a character is escalating, since his appearances aren't exactly my favorite to watch, and more screen time for him as we approach the ending doesn't sound very dandy to me.

Otherwise, despite the lack of action, I enjoyed this week's episode and really liked how all the dialogue was presented in switching between all the scenes. It's amazing how much of Aika has been explored in the past few episodes, and she just becomes more and more fascinating as a character with each episode.
Mar 14, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
Good episode, dialogue heavy but it's kind of normal. Hanemura kind of did like Hakaze did when she found out that Aika was Yoshino's girlfriend, which was surprising. 3/5 for me.
Mar 14, 2013 5:58 PM

Dec 2010
Hanemura snapped. It's important because it shows how much stronger he has become. Even if he is still kind of wimpy. The restaurant scene was very well handled too, they were all so cute when they were young. So now we have a definite explanation of the familial situation between Aika, and Mahiro. Mahiro's dad married Aika's mom. Plus, we got a bit of an explanation about why Mahiro lives in a mansion.

Aika is growing on me a lot more, but I still prefer Hakaze. I hope everyone gets their happy ending, but the Battle of Genesis is about to begin! I look forward to the last two episodes with bated breath. I want to see Yoshino, and Mahiro be awesome in the finale.

However, didn't Aika say last episode that her powers would transfer to a "temporary" person before moving on to someone else? So, would Hanemura lose his powers? Maybe it will go to Yoshino and Mahiro?
Mar 14, 2013 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
Hell yes Hanemura.Such a great scene when he snapped, and then realized what he have done xD.
So yeah, episode was really nice, but im guessing next ones will be even better.Only thing that is bugging me is too much of Hakaze, but i guess i can live with that, so meh.

4/5
Mar 14, 2013 6:25 PM

Apr 2009
flamingo-chan said:

i almost tried reading the dialogue in the manga page you posted but then it's actually chinese translated.. anyway, i'm gonna be ok with anime original scenes so long as the ending is the most logical one..

flamingo-chan said:
Fallen_Lullaby said:

Exactly, I praise the anime for how they've handled the adaptation and how they've added original scenes that flow well but one of my favorite things about the final chapters of the manga was how the main characters weren't present in the most important event which is the destruction of the Tree of Genesis.

Hanemura, Samon and Hakaze were quite epic in the final, heck even Tetsuma who in the manga got less screentime than in the anime really shined. It was wonderful to see all the secondary characters have the spotlight.
According to the magazine
i personally wouldn't want them to not get involved.. the investment for these two characters throughout the show is heavier than whatever badassery those support characters may even be able to pull.. what i'm worried though is if that could affect the true ending.. sure hope it doesn't..
argiliumMar 14, 2013 6:38 PM
Mar 14, 2013 6:39 PM

Jul 2012
Okay episode. 2 more to go! Am I sad? Nah, I'm okay.

SO CUTE ^ <33
Mar 14, 2013 6:49 PM

Nov 2007
Meeting of Aika for the first time... kind of awkward.

So they accepted the truth. And that preview, that was KajiKaji's character vs. those two after all lol~ .

KajiKaji's character is the only reliable character to take care of it.

Two more eps.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 14, 2013 6:58 PM

Sep 2011
Ok no one else has said it so i guess i will, anyone else kind of worried mahiro might die? I just have been getting those vibes recently. Like he'll die and be together with aika in the afterlife or something

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 14, 2013 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Ok no one else has said it so i guess i will, anyone else kind of worried mahiro might die? I just have been getting those vibes recently. Like he'll die and be together with aika in the afterlife or something

Maybe, and I would be ok with that.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 14, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
mora404 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Maybe, and I would be ok with that.
I am really unsure if thats happier or sadder than if he lives

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 14, 2013 7:46 PM
Dec 2012
Sooooooooo glad for that blow-up from Hanemura.

I thought for a second that they were just going to do the entire sweep-under-the-rug thing that protagonists normally do just to pretend their fine. Like "it's because it's Aika that I can accept it" type BS. The blow-up set up a way for them to explain that they're still hurt, but they know the importance of things.

This way, they show themselves to be mature and not just plain robotic.

Also, I thought for a second that Hanemura was about to turn on them. To be honest, it he did, he would've immediately replaced Yoshino on the favorite character ladder.
Mar 14, 2013 7:53 PM

Nov 2011
Fortunately the glass window at the place they are staying is thick otherwise, Yoshina would been sent flying out of the window by Hanemura. Its nice to see that he has become stronger and capable of owning people.

Only more 2 episode, I expect a great battle and ending.

Mar 14, 2013 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
Hanemura stepping it up this episode. Nice to see that. Will be looking forward to how Yoshino and Mahiro settle everything.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 14, 2013 8:21 PM
Sep 2012
I was laughing when Megumu took out all his frustrations on Yoshino and Mahiro for actually dealing with the news pretty well. He can really be a badass when he's pissed.

LOL @ Yoshino almost dying on the couch. I could only imagine Mahiro threatening Megumu if Yoshino actually died.
Mar 14, 2013 8:51 PM

Jul 2009
jeez why is shu so annoying.
Mar 14, 2013 8:54 PM

Apr 2012
great
Mar 14, 2013 10:22 PM

Jul 2009
Aika is so incredibly endearing.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 14, 2013 10:25 PM

Jan 2011
mora404 said:
It's funny how Hanemura is the one who voices everything we as viewers want to say to them. Who would have thought that such an awkward guy could be the voice of reason.

I know right?! I just love the fact that Hanemura isn't just a whiny, loser-type of person who just happens to have Exodus magic powers. Hanemura punching Yoshino and kicking Mahiro was unexpected! I laughed so hard when Yoshino asked Hakaze if she could use her healing magic on him while bleeding from his mouth. xD Man that flashback was so cute and sweet. Aika is such a lovable character. :)

Next episode is gonna be so damn awesome! Cannot wait. :D
Mar 14, 2013 11:49 PM

Dec 2011
2 more episodes left!!

this was a great episode in my opinion
Mar 14, 2013 11:52 PM

Dec 2011
The truth is finally revealed to the two.
Can't wait to see now what they will do even though they don't have special powers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2013
it was good with regards to the kinda fluctuating character development so far. its like theres no antagonist as a character, just a tree. and even mahiro has no reason for revenge now. i thought hanemura was gonna be all evil, but after he hits them he's all scared haha. yoshino's damn girly for pulling all these bitches. they say he's "wicked," but yet to be proved.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.