Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2013 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, watching Rei this episode is depressing. She's so lucky to have a friend like Akane imo. The part with the cream was kinda funny. The sleepover part was kinda cute I guess. *pinky swear*

The new Alone looks kinda strange imo, kinda shaped like a pinhead. Finally, Akane discovers the truth huh? About damn time, only took lol..10 episodes.
Mar 14, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
Anyway, a good mix of everything in this episode. The Alone always gives an Evangelion vibe lol.

Mod edit: removed off-topic
koleareMar 14, 2013 11:23 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 14, 2013 11:35 AM

Nov 2008
Rei finally got caught, and poor Akane, having to find the truth that her friend is her enemy and has caused her trouble through most of the series.

Mar 14, 2013 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
Cliche yes, but it still gets me every time when one finds out their friend was really their enemy the whole time.

lol at Akane sticking her butt towards Rei in the bath. Bet Rei got a nice view there...
Mar 14, 2013 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
Dammm...... Rei gets caught, What An SUPER EPIC EPISODE! So much story crammed into 1 episode lol. I wish the White Beams could be removed but tat was still Super Awesome with Epic Parts.

Click Above but you have been warned, Only Lolicons Should click the Spoiler
Mar 14, 2013 8:23 PM

Jan 2009
so much naked butts of Rei and Akane this episode and damn that drama heats up too, 2 more episodes to go!!! will humanity be able to pass the test?
Mar 14, 2013 8:25 PM

Feb 2012
And so it begins......or ends....
Mar 14, 2013 9:02 PM
Feb 2012
So I was actually surprised by the way things turned out. It was REI that was upset at AKANE, even though Akane was the one who found out someone who she considered a friend and really liked, was the enemy.

Seems more like Akane should be the one feeling betrayed. I actually like that it wasn't what I was expecting though :o plus this ending shows that Rei really was starting to open up to being friends with Akane
Mar 14, 2013 9:23 PM

Feb 2013
Dam
Mar 14, 2013 10:12 PM

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:

The new Alone looks kinda strange imo, kinda shaped like a pinhead. Finally, Akane discovers the truth huh? About damn time, only took lol..10 episodes.

LOL, hey! You guessed right last week.

Anyways that reaction from Rei finding out Akane was "one of them" was unexpected. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Like Akane being in shock of Rei helping the Alones.
But then again, that would go against her personality, so I guess this makes sense.

5a-5a said:
So I was actually surprised by the way things turned out. It was REI that was upset at AKANE, even though Akane was the one who found out someone who she considered a friend and really liked, was the enemy.

Seems more like Akane should be the one feeling betrayed. I actually like that it wasn't what I was expecting though :o plus this ending shows that Rei really was starting to open up to being friends with Akane

haha was writing my post and then saw yours. we agree on this totally.

Anyways I wouldn't know what to look forward to. The discovery was unexpected so what is going to be the next 2 eps about. them making up?

or i guess the engine somehow start making trouble and Rei explaining her situation and her reason for what she has done...or something along the lines...
Mar 15, 2013 12:20 AM

Aug 2012
Elite60 said:
Cliche yes, but it still gets me every time when one finds out their friend was really their enemy the whole time.
Couldn't have said that better either. It shouldn't have any effect on me, but it did. Made me feel helpless.

And finally the fanservice I was expecting. What was Akane thinking, showing her behind like that o.o
Mar 15, 2013 12:27 AM

Sep 2012
A very well done ep! All the emotions... I did shed some tears during the final confront of Akane and Rei in this ep. All the build up from the entire ep and finally the truth revealed... it's just so sad!!

Quite curious to see how will things turn out because there are too many ways to end the series. But one thing is for sure! Magic(it's Science and Technology in this series) and Friendship will save the day! ...hopefully?

(edited) Sorry for the spam. I didn't mean to do it. Must be something wrong with my internet connection or something. Trying my best to delete the extra comments I made. Terribly sorry. ><
winter_mintMar 15, 2013 12:36 AM
Mar 15, 2013 12:29 AM

Aug 2010
Finally some more Oshiri Operation.

Also, it's natural for Rei to feel betrayed instead of Akane. Akane is the kind of person who would her her out first ("she must have a reason, there's no way she would do it without one"), but Rei is more of a loner and thus will think of betrayal much sooner.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 15, 2013 12:31 AM
Sep 2012
Damn that ray of light blocking that nice view of Rei's ass. At least the censorship in this show isn't as bad as TL;R. This is a really good episode, imo. I think that it's the best yet.

I was wondering when they'll finally figure out how those Alone kept powering up. It only took them like 10 episodes for them to figure that out. Rei was such a badass fighting those drones like that. It's too bad though that Rei had to feel betrayed in the end. To have fun and have a friend like that only to for things to be torn like that next day must have felt like the world shattering yet again to Rei.

I'm still wondering how that Alone can be destroyed so easily when Rei shot 3 arrows into that thing. That other monster that nearly killed Akane only had one arrow, but this one had 3 and was taken out so easily. Can't wait to see the next episode.
Mar 15, 2013 1:24 AM

Sep 2011
Show has gotten so boring, that I just skip to the battles now..
Mar 15, 2013 2:07 AM

Nov 2011
A bit weird how the tone suddenly became serious at the end and what the hell is with the butt shoving at that bath scene LOL

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 15, 2013 2:31 AM

Sep 2008
YES I ONLY HAVE TO BARE THROUGH TWO MORE EPISODES!

<_<
Mar 15, 2013 3:13 AM

Jun 2009
Well...

That was, predictable? I don't mind it being cliche, but I don't feel that the plot was executed well enough... It did poor actually, felt very forced.

I do feel for Rei, she's a simple enough character, and her circumstances are pitiable. I just don't feel that the execution was there to compliment the scene... Feels like there's too little build up for there to be an impact.

Lets see how the last 2 episodes will play out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2013 5:05 AM

Feb 2011
Best ep up to date . The sound was awesome . But meh it had it's own awkward moments like:

*facepalm*
Mar 15, 2013 5:15 AM

Apr 2011
UnbornMVs said:
Best ep up to date . The sound was awesome . But meh it had it's own awkward moments like:

*facepalm*

DAT ASS!

DAT 14 YEAR OLD ASS!
Mar 15, 2013 6:12 AM

Sep 2012
Was I the only one under the impression prior to this episode that Rei already knew that Akane and co were the ones fighting the Alone?

something off-topic: Warning! it may burn your eyes!
Mar 15, 2013 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
Dat asssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Stupid censor beam.

Well, it was a nice episode. I supposed the next episode will be them extracting information of Rei.

Mar 15, 2013 6:45 AM

Feb 2012
Shit just got serious at the end.
Mar 15, 2013 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
ElfinMint said:
Was I the only one under the impression prior to this episode that Rei already knew that Akane and co were the ones fighting the Alone?

Me too, but now that i think about it, it was never mentioned she knew neither did she show any signs of it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 15, 2013 10:11 AM

Aug 2011
I don't understand. Why is this Akane's fault? Why's SHE the liar? It should be the other way around, shouldn't it? I find Rei a hypocrite when she calls Akane a liar, because SHE'S humanity's enemy, and SHE was lying all this time.

What are the consequences of destroying the Engine again? Something about power cut off throughout the world? Or will it actually destroy the world?

Either way, Rei's going to be hurting Akane either way. I just don't get it. I was frustrated at the end, because I felt it was stupid since I was expecting Akane to feel betrayed. I also thought that, all this time, Rei KNEW who was destroying the Alones so I was surprised she didn't know.

Sigh, this anime.
Mar 15, 2013 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
I also thought that, all this time, Rei KNEW who was destroying the Alones so I was surprised she didn't know.
I don't think it is ever shown that Rei knew who were destroying the Alones. You are assuming too much here.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 15, 2013 12:35 PM
Nov 2012
Man this show is so lame,
I love it.

Guilty pleasure of the season.
Mar 15, 2013 12:39 PM
Feb 2012
Wordsmith said:
Finally some more Oshiri Operation.

Also, it's natural for Rei to feel betrayed instead of Akane. Akane is the kind of person who would her her out first ("she must have a reason, there's no way she would do it without one"), but Rei is more of a loner and thus will think of betrayal much sooner.

Hmm yea, that makes sense. I was so expecting Akane to feel hurt at least though.
Mar 15, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
With this cliff hanger i can pretty much tell how this anime will end hopefully there will still be a few surprises tho.
The only dissatisfying thing in this episode where to censors.
And on that note who is looking forward to the blue ray?
Mar 15, 2013 12:58 PM

Nov 2011
Mumble200 said:
Man this show is so lame,
I love it.

Guilty pleasure of the season.

It is perfect schlock. It knows exactly what it is and it does it very well. Highly enjoyable and I just laugh my ass off all the time at how blatantly unapologetic it is.

I really liked the confrontation. The episode built up to it nicely.
Mar 15, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2011
symbv said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
I also thought that, all this time, Rei KNEW who was destroying the Alones so I was surprised she didn't know.
I don't think it is ever shown that Rei knew who were destroying the Alones. You are assuming too much here.

Maybe it was just me. I really thought she got closer to them with the knowledge of who they were. Looking back at it, I guess there wasn't really any proof huh. Oh well.
Mar 15, 2013 3:17 PM
Nov 2010
UtsukushiiYume said:
I don't understand. Why is this Akane's fault? Why's SHE the liar? It should be the other way around, shouldn't it? I find Rei a hypocrite when she calls Akane a liar, because SHE'S humanity's enemy, and SHE was lying all this time.

What are the consequences of destroying the Engine again? Something about power cut off throughout the world? Or will it actually destroy the world?

Either way, Rei's going to be hurting Akane either way. I just don't get it. I was frustrated at the end, because I felt it was stupid since I was expecting Akane to feel betrayed. I also thought that, all this time, Rei KNEW who was destroying the Alones so I was surprised she didn't know.

Sigh, this anime.
The show clearly indicated that she didn't know who or what was destroying the Alones.

Akane and the others were the ones who initially started to invite her into the group and insisted that she came to hang out with them.
Like she clearly said in this episode, she initially thought that she didn't need any friend so she denied their invitations.

It wasn't until she learn that Akane's grandfather was the creator of the machine that she accepted their invitation. As the time passed, she genuinely started to feel happy and glad at making friends even though her initial mission was to learn about Professor Isshiki.
Mar 15, 2013 7:57 PM
Nov 2010
Soshintsu said:
Wow. Until now I thought it was painfully obvious that Rei wasn't qualified to do her task because she has a pretty strong conscience, but the writer(s) actually found a way to make her dangerous after all: A hypocrisy which is truly off the scale.

She's trying to destroy this world (and knows that), yet she feels sorry about crushing a tomato and is pissed at Akane for defending her world from ending up just like Rei's. Lying to herself on such a scale is pretty much a superpower of it's own ^^

But the real treat this week was the daring fanservice. I didn't expect them to go that far (and with such bad excuses ^^) , but I'm glad they did ;-)
She isn't pissed at Akane for trying to save her world. She's pissed because she thinks that Akane and the others have been using her.

And yes, she feels sorry for crushing a tomato because she thinks they were very important for Akane (which as this episode indicated she viewed as a friend).
Mar 16, 2013 2:29 AM

Jul 2008
the final part was stupid
don't plan peoples for lies when you lies and plan to destroy the world
Mar 16, 2013 3:59 AM

Sep 2012
Hahahaha. Akane didn't even have the time to get a hold of the situation XD
Mar 16, 2013 5:40 AM

Jan 2013
Oh done been caught now!

As to Rei, we don't know why she is doing this. I assume that she might think she's the hero. Hell we don't even know why the alones are attacking as they do.
Mar 16, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
Soshintsu said:
She's been trying to kill Akane the whole time (because she'd obviously die if this world is destroyed), the last time when she was caught.
I am not sure if Rei succeeds it means the destruction of this world. I think you are assuming too much here. And even if this is true (still an IF) I don't think Rei realizes it. To her it is just let Alone get to the Engine and her task is fulfilled.
symbvMar 16, 2013 7:38 AM

Mar 16, 2013 7:21 AM

Mar 2012
It's not going to win any awards, but at this point the plot is actually surprsingly competent in its writing. Sure the show as a whole is just mindless fun, but I'm geniunely interested in Rei's character.

Oh, and the mayonaise scene has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in quite a while
SeibaaHomuMar 16, 2013 7:24 AM
Mar 16, 2013 10:48 AM
Oct 2009
symbv said:
Soshintsu said:
She's been trying to kill Akane the whole time (because she'd obviously die if this world is destroyed), the last time when she was caught.
I am not sure if Rei succeeds it means the destruction of this world. I think you are assuming too much here. And even if this is true (still an IF) I don't think Rei realizes it. To her it is just let Alone get to the Engine and her task is fulfilled.

Indeed. And even if destroying the the engine meant destroying the world, Rei wouldn't know it. Because in the episode Rei said this: " destroying the engine might actually be better for this world."
Mar 16, 2013 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
Chibisukecc said:
symbv said:
Soshintsu said:

Indeed. And even if destroying the the engine meant destroying the world, Rei wouldn't know it. Because in the episode Rei said this: " destroying the engine might actually be better for this world."

Considering that the world depends on the Manifestor Engine for its energy needs, if it is destroyed many people will certainly suffer (I believe Isshiki mentioned this already), so while it won't actually destroy the world, it would definitely be pretty bad. Also, it seems that manifestor technology has the potential to destroy the planet and even more, which is why the alones came from their dimension to test humanity to see if they are capable of possessing such potentially destructive tech.
Mar 16, 2013 11:42 AM
Nov 2010
I wonder which would be better if the generator malfunctions(which seems what caused the destruction of Rei's world) or destroying the machine thus somewhat "stopping" it from malfunctioning in the first place?
Mar 16, 2013 11:42 AM
Feb 2012
A dirty first half followed by a supposedly 'emotional' ending and cliffhanger. This show is just...something else, let's phrase it that way.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 16, 2013 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
What a predicament. Akane looked visibly hurt by Rei calling her a liar.

Mar 16, 2013 2:34 PM

Aug 2012
I jack off to every episode.
Mar 16, 2013 3:28 PM
Mar 2008
... Huh? I thought Rei already knew that it was Akane and friends dispatching the Alones. And she's mad at Akane for lying to her? What the fuck? It was supposed to be the other way around!
Mar 16, 2013 3:31 PM
Nov 2010
draker said:
... Huh? I thought Rei already knew that it was Akane and friends dispatching the Alones. And she's mad at Akane for lying to her? What the fuck? It was supposed to be the other way around!
Going to repost this here
Mar 16, 2013 3:49 PM

Feb 2012
The last dialogue was so forced.
Mar 16, 2013 6:25 PM

Aug 2011
Honestly, I think the basic story line of this show had some potential with the whole morally ambiguous antagonist and the mystery behind the Alones. I find the story interesting, which is why I'm still watching it, but I don't really expect it to be deep. It's just too bad all this turned out to be was loli fanservice, because if it had a different purpose with different characters it might actually have been good.
Mar 16, 2013 7:23 PM

Sep 2012
Soshintsu said:
I wasn't 100% certain when I wrote that, but in episode 5, the crow bluntly says that "This world must face destruction." when it's talking to Rei. She's not even surprised to hear that, so apparently that was part of the deal all along.
OK, good reminder at that. So here is my thought about what it means.
Bokurano spoiler included so I am spoilering it below:

BTW, the Japanese dialogue does not really say "this world must face destruction" - it said "indeed you are unsure... about destroying this world" - but of course in what we discussed it is a moot point, but it does indicate some subtle difference in what the crow actually said in the dialogues.
symbvMar 16, 2013 7:57 PM

Mar 16, 2013 7:33 PM

Nov 2011
Are those Bokurano spoilers? I haven't watched it yet and I won't read it if they are.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

207 by Azullion1 »»
Oct 30, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

71 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

79 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 29, 2022 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.