3It was OK
3.2%
2Disliked it
1.1%
1Hated it
0.8%
Average 4.8
904 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2013 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I definitely admire Akane's confidence and determination. The fight was good imo this episode with Shougo especially against Masaoka. Poor Masaoka ;.;

Damn this latest episode was insane. I can't wait for the finale!
Mar 14, 2013 9:17 AM
Dec 2012
Masaoka should've thrown the bomb to Makishima.
Mar 14, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2012
The spoiler got it right again. But many fans have correctly guessed who would bite the dust this time. Oh well.
symbvMar 14, 2013 9:31 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 14, 2013 9:29 AM
Jan 2013
Masaoka noooooo :( Great episode, can't wait for the finale.
Mar 14, 2013 9:34 AM

Jun 2009
wow i thought gino is the next but it was clear that the father cant watch his son die where touching hero son Moment ~~ cant wait for the last ep it surly kicks ASS
Mar 14, 2013 9:39 AM

Nov 2009
DAT EPISODE! I can't even write my thoughts down.
Fantastic. For a second, i wanted Maki's @ss captured there xD.

5/5

I cannot imagine the next episode.
Mar 14, 2013 10:00 AM

Feb 2012
I just hope Akane doesn't get in the way of our epic fight between the two next episode. I really felt for Masaoka's death.
Mar 14, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
I am waiting for the flush of posts blaming Gino for not pulling himself out of the debris earlier (which he did only too late later) but just shouting at Masaoka to hold on to Makishima.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 14, 2013 10:29 AM

Apr 2011
Why wasn't Kagaris death shown like this?

Heh the first thing I guessed in this show, it was obvious that character like Masaoka would die protecting his beloved son

I became to like Akane in last eps,

1 whole week again? no kidding?
Mar 14, 2013 10:32 AM

Nov 2012
Really good episode. Sad to see the old man die, but he did it to save his son.

Wonder how many will be left alive at the end of the last episode? Can all but be certain when Akane goes to shoot Kogami with paralyzer mode, it will actually be decomposer mode. My guess is that most if not all of them besides Akane will be dead and in the end she will volunteer to get her brain scooped out and into Sybil.
Mar 14, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2012
-michira- said:
You can't expect a lump of flesh remnant left by the Decomposer to talk like Masaoka here, can you?

Mar 14, 2013 10:36 AM

Jan 2013
I admit I wasn't expecting to hear Makishima's crazed/villainous laughter an whole trap-setting, t'was a little out of character imho.

RIP Masaoka, who's next I wonder? Gino or Yayoi?
Mar 14, 2013 10:38 AM
May 2012
Poor, poor Ginoza and Tomomi.
Their relationship was strained, but I think, at least they understood each other a little finally at the last.
Mar 14, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
shinezu said:
Given that Gino was warned about his deteriorating psycho profile earlier, I would say from writer's point of view, he may want to show the consequence, as judged by Sybil system, for those who do not take sufficient precaution and care about his psycho profile, which means he may just survive but get sent to some asylum or become the enforcer. By this vein, Yayoi may be more at risk of being eliminated, despite Gino being physically closer to Makishima and he is the injured one.

Mar 14, 2013 10:49 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
shinezu said:
Given that Gino was warned about his deteriorating psycho profile earlier, I would say from writer's point of view, he may want to show the consequence, as judged by Sybil system, for those who do not take sufficient precaution and care about his psycho profile, which means he may just survive but get sent to some asylum or become the enforcer. By this vein, Yayoi may be more at risk of being eliminated, despite Gino being physically closer to Makishima and he is the injured one.

nah I give 99.9% that he'll survive until the end
Mar 14, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
-michira- said:
You can't expect a lump of flesh remnant left by the Decomposer to talk like Masaoka here, can you?

I mean it could be a little more hearttouching or something? He was killed and no one felt sorry or sad about it, you'll probably say that it's because no one knows yet (beside Akane) but all I want to say that he died in solitude

Dec 2012
eminagnam said:
Masaoka should've thrown the bomb to Makishima.

Well I believe that's what he was aiming to do (in addition to keeping it away from his son)

Dammit, loved that ol' guy. I thought that was very touching, tho. I love how he was like 'am your dad before I'm a detective' kinda line.....and seeing Gino truly emotional and for the first time (probably in LONG time) referring to him as 'Dad'. Just seeing Ko's expression when he got there too was all too much (especially seeing that complete look of shock and sorrow in Gino's face as he looks at Ko).

You know Ko had that look like 'oh mofo, you (Makishima) gots to DIE NOW' (I always thought Ko looked at Masoka as father figure, too)

Dammit that ep went by too incredibly FAST.

Sep 2012
-michira- said:
nah I give 99.9% that he'll survive until the end
So I guess we are in agreement then (that Gino will survive)? I wonder if there is also some trap that Makishima set in the control room, otherwise I am not sure how Yayoi will get killed.

As for the others, even though the best result (for Akane) is Makishima is captured live and Kougami lives. Most likely this will not be what will happen. Instead most likely scenario is both will be dead when the credit rolls. The only thing not sure is in what state Akane will be by the end. Part of the system?

Mar 14, 2013 10:57 AM

Nov 2008
Yayoi won't die, it would have no emotional impact whatsoever.
Mar 14, 2013 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
Very powerful episode, I came in ready knowing that another Enforcer was gonna go down. But the sadness, that father-son relationship. I have a feeling Ginoza will have a prosthetic arm like his father, since he ripped it out from the box. Goodness, I think I'll bring a tissue box next week Thursday just in case something even sadder happens ^^ haha.
Mar 14, 2013 11:26 AM

Dec 2012
Bunns said:

This. In addition, it's already been pointed out that Makishima nor Ko are nowhere near the control room at this point. That's why Akane left in such a haste, he was too busy setting up the trap against Gino and Masoka. So there is no 'trap' in the control room b/c he actually didn't go there first.
symbv said:

As for the others, even though the best result (for Akane) is Makishima is captured live and Kougami lives. Most likely this will not be what will happen. Instead most likely scenario is both will be dead when the credit rolls. The only thing not sure is in what state Akane will be by the end. Part of the system?

Yeah, you kinda feel like this will be what ends up happening because there's no way after Makashima did what he did to Gino and Masoka that he's even gonna not consider fucking him up extra beatdown style now, lol. Which we all know will probably piss Sybil off and make it change its 'mind(s)' on using non-lethal force.

The only thing wonder is if Akane will really 'follow' system to the 'very end' or if she'll make the 'ultimate sacrifice' save Ko? I've been wondering up until this whole point if Akane--should Ko kill Makishima (which I'm thinking is highly likely)--has determined a 'backup' plan (away to still spare Ko's life should he still kill Makashima)? Will she offer herself up to 'da system' in exchange for Makishima (probable death) and to ensure Ko's life is spared?

I've been contemplating this for a couple of weeks now; as it seems to me all the little hints and discussions of Akane's character and her similar asymptomatic traits would lead to something of an out come like this, I would think....
MsDivaMar 14, 2013 11:33 AM
Mar 14, 2013 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
Voids said:
Very powerful episode, I came in ready knowing that another Enforcer was gonna go down. But the sadness, that father-son relationship. I have a feeling Ginoza will have a prosthetic arm like his father, since he ripped it out from the box. Goodness, I think I'll bring a tissue box next week Thursday just in case something even sadder happens ^^ haha.

You know, I was instantly thinking the same thing (especially about the whole Gino getting a prosthetic arm thing....I think that seems so poignantly fitting), lol. But on the real, yeah the setup for this ep was sadly--yet powerfully done. I'm still sad/mad to see Masoka die, but he went out like a 'G' and father protecting his boy.
Mar 14, 2013 11:36 AM

Aug 2011
Rest in peace old man
Mar 14, 2013 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
MsDiva said:

The only thing wonder is if Akane will really 'follow' system to the 'very end' or if she'll make the 'ultimate sacrifice' save Ko? I've been wondering up until this whole point if Akane--should Ko kill Makishima (which I'm thinking is highly likely)--has determined a 'backup' plan (away to still spare Ko's life should he still kill Makashima)? Will she offer herself up to 'da system' in exchange for Makishima (probable death) and to ensure Ko's life is spared?
Given Urobuchi's tendency to give bittersweet ending that is all about sacrifices, and given Akane's character, I think one likely ending is Makishima dead, Kougami about to be killed by the system (as the deal is voided since Makishima is dead) and Akane got Kougami's life spared by volunteering to join the system. Just like what you said above, though at this moment I still think Kougami and Makishima both dead being more likely. Anyway I guess we all agree that probably 1) Makishima will be dead 2) Akane will live, but under what state is another question.

Voids said:
I have a feeling Ginoza will have a prosthetic arm like his father, since he ripped it out from the box.
Not only that, given his deteriorated state of psycho-pass, he may just end up becoming an Enforcer as well, again like his father.

Mar 14, 2013 11:44 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
MsDiva said:

Given Urobuchi's tendency to give bittersweet ending that is all about sacrifices, and given Akane's character, I think one likely ending is Makishima dead, Kougami about to be killed by the system (as the deal is voided since Makishima is dead) and Akane got Kougami's life spared by volunteering to join the system. Just like what you said above, though at this moment I still think Kougami and Makishima both dead being more likely. Anyway I guess we all agree that probably 1) Makishima will be dead 2) Akane will live, but under what state is another question.

I kind of agree
Akane - will survive
Makishima - will be killed
Kougami - will be on verge of death or will have a bad injury (like lost hand or something)
Gino - alive, without his left hand, in depression
Yayoi - just alive, no more no less
Sybil System - destroyed
Mar 14, 2013 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
^ Hmm... I would bet that Sybil system will NOT be destroyed but will stay on. This fits Urobuchi's thinking that some necessary evil will always exist. It may get into a better form with Akane's joining though, but that's a separate question.

Mar 14, 2013 11:50 AM

Sep 2012
MsDiva said:

You know, I was instantly thinking the same thing (especially about the whole Gino getting a prosthetic arm thing....I think that seems so poignantly fitting), lol. But on the real, yeah the setup for this ep was sadly--yet powerfully done. I'm still sad/mad to see Masoka die, but he went out like a 'G' and father protecting his boy.

Me too, sort of ironic but sad at the same time. He really did go out like a boss, protecting his own son at the end. Tbh, shed a few manly tears..

symbv said:
Not only that, given his deteriorated state of psycho-pass, he may just end up becoming an Enforcer as well, again like his father.

That is true, "Like father, like son." Literally.
Mar 14, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
MsDiva said:

Voids said:
I have a feeling Ginoza will have a prosthetic arm like his father, since he ripped it out from the box.

Interesting point you brought up about Gino, too--I was thinking that could be a possibility too. Like you stated, it's already been lead up to this point that his PP state has been steadily becoming unstable. It wouldn't surely surprise me if this just tipped him right over the edge to 'Enforcer' side.

Also, I'm wondering if before he gets killed--if Makashima is going to expose to Ko what the Sybil system really is (maybe while they're fighting and all--shooting some dialogue back and forth)? After all, Ko was already suspicious as to why the 'Chief' seemed so intent on keeping Makashima alive. I'd actually love for Makashima to bust out the truth, lol.

I think that'll make whatever the final dynamics of the last ep--say if it's a 'final' meeting w/ Ko and Akane--that more powerful and interesting.
Mar 14, 2013 12:02 PM

Apr 2011
I wonder if there'll be even a little romance in last ep
Mar 14, 2013 12:06 PM

Dec 2012
-michira- said:

I'd be lying if didn't say I wanted a tiny bit of that to be slipped in there, lol. I think it would really tie the ED song together so nicely if they sprinkled it in.....
Mar 14, 2013 12:12 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
.... GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH~

I was hardly putting up with the anime cause I liked the old guy. He was the only one left I liked in there. The other one was Kagari who was my favorite and... he died. Just like that. His death didn't help in any way the story and he was even framed as a criminal who run away...

So now, they decide to kill the old guy who proly has a decent fandom... If he wasn't the only decent alive character in the show nowadays, I'd say it was sad but I find this sooo bad. I could only see it as drama effect rather than a touching scene.

So now everything that I honestly don't care about is alive... I hope for an end that EVERYONE dies. And by "Idc about" I mean the characters are so indefferent to me. They are made from bad to worse so honestly they're better off dead!
Mar 14, 2013 12:14 PM

Apr 2011
MsDiva said:
-michira- said:

I'd be lying if didn't say I wanted a tiny bit of that to be slipped in there, lol. I think it would really tie the ED song together so nicely if they sprinkled it in.....

BTW
Mar 14, 2013 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
This has all lead up to an exciting finally now too see exactly ho it pans out ,and on a side note being trapped under that box hadda hurt.
Mar 14, 2013 12:17 PM

Sep 2012
-michira- said:
BTW
How the heck would MAL know??? Or the manga really has it?

Mar 14, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
-michira- said:
BTW

dunno but the fact that it's written there gives hope at least. (it's not in anime info though :|)
Mar 14, 2013 12:24 PM

Jul 2010
Well shit, intense episode it was. RIP Tomomi.
Mar 14, 2013 12:28 PM

Aug 2011
First Shuusei and now Masaoka. ;___; I cried with Gino.

This was a great episode, and really touching. I like Akane's confidence. She can do it. She'll stop it somehow, I am confident that Kogami will not die.

I'm worried about Gino though. I'm afraid his crime coefficient will go up because of this. There's a possibility nothing will happen though, because Masaoka didn't want him to lead the life of a latent criminal.

As for the endgame, I agree with the previous posters. Makishima will probably die, and Akane will probably stay alive; though in what condition, idk. Kogami will also probably be alive.

Honestly though, I think the Sybil System WILL cease to exist. Because otherwise, it wouldn't be remotely a happy ending; knowing that the cruel system still exists. Whether or not its Urobuchi writing this, there should still be some happiness in the ending. Bittersweet endings are his things, so for that reason, I doubt the Sybil System will continue to exist.
LaciieMar 14, 2013 12:33 PM
Mar 14, 2013 12:31 PM
Aug 2011
Ughh Masaoka-san!!!

I mean we all knew he was going to be one of the first ones to die but it still hit me hard.
I even felt emotions for Gino I didn't know I could ever feel for him.

These types of series is where I always fear watching the last episode.

-michira- said:
I mean it could be a little more hearttouching or something? He was killed and no one felt sorry or sad about it

I felt sorry and sad for Kagari's death, if that makes you feel any better.
standMar 14, 2013 12:39 PM
Mar 14, 2013 12:48 PM

Apr 2011
parfaited said:

-michira- said:
I mean it could be a little more hearttouching or something? He was killed and no one felt sorry or sad about it

Ahahah thanks :DDD i meant characters though
Mar 14, 2013 12:51 PM

Dec 2012
-michira- said:
symbv said:
-michira- said:
BTW

dunno but the fact that it's written there gives hope at least. (it's not in anime info though :|)

LOL...well you know, it does seem to have its innuendo moments--at least as far I can tell w/ Akane, in particular. I mean, if you think about, I think a lot of her actions definitely go well and beyond what she would have to do. Also, still can't shake her reaction to the letter he wrote her.
Mar 14, 2013 12:56 PM

Dec 2012
parfaited said:
Ughh Masaoka-san!!!

I mean we all knew he was going to be one of the first ones to die but it still hit me hard.
I even felt emotions for Gino I didn't know I could ever feel for him.

These types of series is where I always fear watching the last episode.

-michira- said:

Well, in my defense, lol, I admit it took me a couple of eps to really believe he was gone. I don't think it was until it really hit me in ep 20 and them--the Sybil system--admitting what they did, more or less, and the flashbacking that did it for me.

So in short, like parfaited mention, I too felt sad about Kagari.
Mar 14, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2010
One of the perks of watching Psycho-Pass blind is that I have no clue how this will end. I like it.

The fact that Masaoka was the next victim is no suprise, but it still hit me. He was one badass granpa and he will be missed.
Mar 14, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2009
... sorry, but I didn't even feel a thing.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 14, 2013 1:40 PM

Jun 2012
Ginoza's such a bitch and an unlikable character. Until recently he was condescending towards Akane calling her incompetent when in actuality throughout this whole series Ginoza's been the incompetent dunce. I could've dealt with this if he was actually a good detective but he's not. Unlike Masaoka, he lacks the professional cognizance of his job needed as shown this week tripping the trap. There hasn't been one time I can actually empathize with Ginoza even after the reveal of his past

Dammit Masaoka.... he was one of the better characters of the show but what happened this week smelled of a little cheese. The lack of character development for this father and son combo didn't make this scene pack the punch for me it was intending. It was still gruesome don't get me wrong, that part reminded me of something you'd see in like Pulp Fiction but it lacked the emotional depth it was trying to use
HybridMBLMar 14, 2013 4:22 PM
Mar 14, 2013 1:43 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode loved the epic soundtrack for the epic moments :o

I'm not sure what's going to happen honestly.I think Gino is not going to come out unscathed. His father's death might have put him to the edge.

Mar 14, 2013 1:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MsDiva said:

Dammit, loved that ol' guy. I thought that was very touching, tho. I love how he was like 'am your dad before I'm a detective' kinda line.....and seeing Gino truly emotional and for the first time (probably in LONG time) referring to him as 'Dad'. Just seeing Ko's expression when he got there too was all too much (especially seeing that complete look of shock and sorrow in Gino's face as he looks at Ko).

You know Ko had that look like 'oh mofo, you (Makishima) gots to DIE NOW' (I always thought Ko looked at Masoka as father figure, too)

Ugh you said it. That just so heartbreaking because Gino probably felt extremely regretful about how he treated Masaoka, even he might still hate Masaoka for certain things. But it doesn't matter that Gino hates his father, he definitely didn't want Masaoka to die. I haven't particularly liked Gino that much, but I definitely feel for him in this episode, like you said, the look on Gino's face when he looked at Shinya.
Mar 14, 2013 1:49 PM

Apr 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
Ginoza's such a bitch and an unlikable character. Until recently he was condescending towards Akane calling her incompetent when in actuality throughout this whole series Ginoza's the actual incompetent dunce. I could've dealt with this if he was actually a good detective but he's not. There hasn't been one time I can actually empathize with Ginoza even after the reveal between him and Masaoka.

Damn it Masaoka.... he was one of the better characters of the show but what happened this week smelled of a little cheese. The lack of character development for these two cops didn't make this scene pack the punch it was intending in my opinion as a humble viewer. It was still gruesome don't get me wrong, that part reminded me of something you'd see in like Pulp Fiction but it lacked the emotional depth it was trying to use

He wasn't condescending to Akane at all. In the end his tough attitudes was just a concern out of his own experience with Kogami. He thought Akane would fall into the same hole as Kogami. That is why he tried to distant himself from his enforcers because how did Kogami become a latent criminal? Because he took the death of his enforcer too personally. Logically speaking Akane was walking the same path as Kogami BUTTTTT there is something special about her. Even though she is distressed her psycho pass was at 24. This i cannot explain but it is quite possible she is kinda like Makishima except she isn't a psychopath. I wouldn't contest that Akane has surpassed Gino in detective skills. Akane is almost at the level of Kogami even though Kogami is a seasoned former detective/enforcer yet again her psycho pass is clear as it can be
zzzeallyMar 14, 2013 1:52 PM

Mar 14, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2012
Nooo Masaoka ='(
Now there's only one episode left. I wonder if they'll do anything with the Sibyl system, or if they are just going to end it with the capture of Makashima. Hopefully they won't rush the ending...
Mar 14, 2013 2:16 PM

Jun 2011
I can already smell the yaoi fanfics.
Mar 14, 2013 2:28 PM

Oct 2012
Bunns said:

She hasn't done jack shit since the show began so you're right

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

566 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 2:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.