Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 14, 2013 3:43 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great ep. Loved the jokes and the action. Next week is the last episode of this arc.. I'm sad now..

Mar 14, 2013 3:45 AM

Mar 2011
Very good ep.
So next episode is last one for this arc.
Mar 14, 2013 3:49 AM

May 2011
Very nice episode. Glad they're giving some better focus on Shinpachi with this arc. I'm still wondering how Obi-one will turn out in the end. Part of me really wants him to stay alive.
Mar 14, 2013 3:53 AM

Jun 2012
Gintoki showed why he's such a great Jump MC this episode

Sunrise did a good job adapting Gintoki's facade and struggle for Obi-One's humanity towards Otae and Shinpachi. He was willing to bear the burden of doing what needs to be done even if it means being hated by Shinpachi and Kagura. The beam saber battles were animated pretty darn good too, seems like Sunrise is going all in with this arc.

Damn it that xylophone soundtrack always gets me... I'll probably be trying hard to hold back manly tears next week
Mar 14, 2013 4:36 AM

Aug 2010
That was sooo good!!!

Gintoki WHY U SO BA!! How can he get even better than he is?!?! Truly a BOSS during this ep, and his grin while fighting was really AWESOME!!

Loved the scene when Gintoki destroyed the wall then stabbed Hajime in the bath. That was EPIC!

That fight was so well animated...man Sunrise knows their stuff :D

Shinpachi finally had a cool scene at the end.

And is it me or this was probably the first time I see Kondo fighting?

Can't wait for nxt ep...It should be epic! But it will be sad knowing it's the last T_T
Barion-ZaraMar 14, 2013 4:40 AM
Mar 14, 2013 5:23 AM

Apr 2010
i really hate Shinpachi and i don't understand why gintoki had to get in his knees and beg them that's bullshit
Mar 14, 2013 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
Gin-san being the best protagonist as always. He is willing to beg on his knees(to the people he despise) and being hate for someone else sake.

Kondo should be serious more often, I also want to see him fight seriously for once.

Mar 14, 2013 6:04 AM

Dec 2011
Can we talk about how super caring Gin-san is because wow, begging on his knees to the Shinsengumi, THE Shinsengumi, the people that he's not fond of, to protect Shinpachi and Otae... just wow.. I was so touched. I kept forgetting how he handles things, made himself looked like a bad guy when he actually has a plan. I just... I'm speechless right now.

Sakata Gintoki will always be my favorite shonen protagonist.
Mar 14, 2013 6:17 AM

Aug 2008
baltazak said:
i really hate Shinpachi and i don't understand why gintoki had to get in his knees and beg them that's bullshit

Well, it is forgiven since Gintoki GAVE time for the brothers to talk and when he realized that Obi was planning to kill Shinpachi at that time, then he had to attack Obi and protect Shinpachi, it's one of the things Gintoki is unpredictable of.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Mar 14, 2013 6:25 AM

Feb 2013
great episode! love the fighting scene.. damn the ending of this arc will be sad
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Mar 14, 2013 6:27 AM

Feb 2012
Finally Shinpachi gathered some balls and stepped in.

Btw they didn't said anything in this episode, nor in the preview that the next one will be last, or did I missed it somewhere?
Mar 14, 2013 6:54 AM
Mar 2012
great episode, like how serious obi one gets and his voice change
Mar 14, 2013 6:57 AM

Oct 2010
Ramkec said:
Finally Shinpachi gathered some balls and stepped in.

Btw they didn't said anything in this episode, nor in the preview that the next one will be last, or did I missed it somewhere?

http://www.yorozuyasoul.com/gintama/arcs

Scroll down to the School Of Beam Saber arc.
Mar 14, 2013 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
I'm worried if the anime will return after it ends this time. And calling the movie "finale" is not a good sign.

But where is my comedy gintama? Anime staff, you know I watch this as an anti-depressant %>_<%

on topic,
Decent episode, better than what I felt after reading the manga version.
Some parts are still, well... Gin-san on his knees made me puke.
Mar 14, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
Mar 14, 2013 9:08 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode and a great fight. Love this arc.

Mar 14, 2013 9:30 AM

Feb 2012
Gintoki made this episode became so glorious. He really worthy of any awards for one of the most fascinating shounen protagonist ever.
Mar 14, 2013 11:08 AM

Jul 2011
Gosh Shinpachi is such a hypocrite. One of the reasons I don't like him for shit.

Kagura was cute, but only appeared very little.

Kyuubey and Kondo working together...not bad...but doesn't seem right...or cool.

And Gintama, always a good hearted guy. Shinpachi doesn't deserve him.
Mar 14, 2013 11:58 AM

Feb 2012
edwd2 said:
I'm worried if the anime will return after it ends this time. And calling the movie "finale" is not a good sign.

Don't worry, it's Gintama. They will always come back (I refuse to acknowledge it might end someday). I think the title of the movie is just trolling...

Anyway, this episode was awesome. Gintoki is so badass I can't even-
The fight scenes were awesome, Kyuubei and Kondo make quite a good combo. It's nice to see Kondo acting seriously from time to time too.
It would be nice to see some comedy episodes though, since the last arcs are more serious and full of feels. Too bad the last episode airs next week.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Mar 14, 2013 12:23 PM

Nov 2007
I must be on the first page. T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 14, 2013 12:50 PM

Sep 2011
How the fuck does this show do it? They turned a star wars parody into a action packed emotional rollercoaster. Seriously this show is in a league of its own

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 14, 2013 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
edwd2 said:
Decent episode, better than what I felt after reading the manga version.

i thought this arc in manga was better than anime version…/_\
Mar 14, 2013 2:47 PM

Jan 2008
Arc feels... too fast.
Mar 14, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2012
I was expecting a more elaborate Gintoki x Otae moment. The setting was perfect for that.
Mar 14, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
MoonxArtemis said:
Gosh Shinpachi is such a hypocrite. One of the reasons I don't like him for shit.

i don't agree with you but i suppose you tried to say "gintoki"……
Mar 14, 2013 3:08 PM

May 2012
Paul said:
Arc feels... too fast.

Yeah I agree. It's still awesome though.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 14, 2013 3:49 PM

May 2012
i didnt read this part of manga so i dont get spoil since its the last arc it give me more emotion.. i like gin chan this ep hes so humble,i think kagura is the only one notice what ginsan did in the bath scene(maybe she can sense the killing intent)..

Mar 14, 2013 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
frequency said:
I was expecting a more elaborate Gintoki x Otae moment.
I think this arc is kind of confirming they are more like a family than love interests. Like how they mention gintoki as a brother or how only kondo and kyubei are mentioned as giving up their love to their rival but never for gintoki, really the whole idea that gin shinpachi kagura and otae are just a big family is a nice little touch. I think originally sorachi had her as a love interest but progressively moved away from that idea as the series went on.

May i also mention kondo and kyubei jumped in likability this arc, like kondo was already likable but he became even more so this arc and kyubei who i never cared for managed to surprise me this arc as well

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 14, 2013 4:26 PM

Feb 2010
The only thing I can say is...wow.
Mar 14, 2013 5:42 PM
Aug 2011
After this episode...THIS IS FUCKING GOING ON MY FAVORITES.
Mar 14, 2013 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
Fight was good was slightly sad just wish i had more of a emotional attachment to Obi you know
Mar 14, 2013 9:30 PM

Jul 2010
So is next episode a last episode of this Gintama's season or what? :/
Mar 14, 2013 10:12 PM

Dec 2011
Dang. They made the arc so touching, especially when they have shown Gin-san begging.

And Shinpachi is getting an epic moment!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2013 10:50 PM
Dec 2010
Awww man. Poor Otae and Shinpachi. So many heartbreaking scenes in this episode. :'(
Mar 15, 2013 1:08 AM

Jun 2010
This episode is so Gintama-like!
Mar 15, 2013 2:49 AM

Sep 2011
Love it, Love Gins badass style.
Mar 15, 2013 3:33 AM

Nov 2007
I can see why this arc has gotten some hate. The pacing is too damn fast! But I still like it and regardless of what anyone else thinks, I like Shinpachi and it was really touching to see Gin-san do this much for him.

Edit: I will be sad when the season ends. But if that means a longer run when they come back in a year or so, the better. I did that pretty much anyway. Didn't even realize Gintama anime took a break for 6 months!
Looking forward to the movie!
CookieBunMar 15, 2013 3:39 AM
Mar 15, 2013 3:35 AM

Sep 2011
CookieBun said:
I can see why this arc has gotten some hate. The pacing is damn too fast! But I still like it and regardless of what anyone else thinks, I like Shinpachi and it was really touching to see Gin-san do this much for him.
I really have no clue where you see this arc get any hate, unless you mean the 3 people that didnt rate the ep 5 here

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 15, 2013 3:46 AM

Nov 2007
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
CookieBun said:
I can see why this arc has gotten some hate. The pacing is damn too fast! But I still like it and regardless of what anyone else thinks, I like Shinpachi and it was really touching to see Gin-san do this much for him.
I really have no clue where you see this arc get any hate, unless you mean the 3 people that didnt rate the ep 5 here

Well, it's more around the internet, in Japan especially. I lurk the Korean part of the internet and I saw it on the Gintama fan forums and they, Japan in particular, has shown some really nasty reaction to this arc. But then again some of Japan's reactions are baffling. Like Ikkoku Keisei arc? There were some bashing going on about how it seems like Gintoki, Tsukuyo, and Shinsengumi are the only main characters now, as if that's how it's been for dozens of arcs instead of just one. But it's really just a reaction by fujoshi who really hate Tsukuyo. She actually got 2nd place in Female Characters that Female Fans Really Hate poll. Tsukuyo! One of the most grounded, nicest characters in the show. Seriously.
Mar 15, 2013 3:49 AM

Sep 2011
CookieBun said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
CookieBun said:

Well, it's more around the internet, in Japan especially. I lurk the Korean part of the internet and I saw it on the Gintama fan forums and they, Japan in particular, has shown some really nasty reaction to this arc. But then again some of Japan's reactions are baffling. Like Ikkoku Keisei arc? There were some bashing going on about how it seems like Gintoki, Tsukuyo, and Shinsengumi are the only main characters now, as if that's how it's been for dozens of arcs instead of just one. But it's really just a reaction by fujoshi who really hate Tsukuyo. Seriously, she got 2nd place in Female Characters that Female Fans Really hate poll. Tsukuyo! One of the most grounded, nicest characters in the show. Seriously.
Are you sure that this hate your hearing is not just from dumbasses

Like take gametrialers.com for example, theres alot of hate there for just about everything, however that usuall happens just there for the 1-5 people to vent fustration. Its even worse at 2chan in particular where people are just as bad if not worse than people on 4chan

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 15, 2013 7:46 AM

Oct 2011
Silver_Wave said:
MoonxArtemis said:

You might not like him, but without Shinpachi there would be no Gintama in the first place!
Mar 15, 2013 8:09 AM
Sep 2012
I don't know why so many people are disliking the scene of Gintoki begging for help. It was personally one of my favorite moments of him. Why? Because it shows that he has actual humility when it comes to asking for help. He can't do everything on his own, and the fact that he realized this and was willing to put his pride away to ask the Shinsengumi for help... Was just a very touching scene. It shows just how much he cares for Otae, Shinpachi, and Kagura. We all already know how awesome Gintoki is anyways.

Shinpachi has his annoying moments, but overall I've really enjoyed him this arc. He's always viewed as the weak link of the group, so it's nice to give him some awesome moments now and again.

I do wish this was a 4-episode arc because it is moving fairly fast, but I still think it's a good pace (not ideal, but still great in comparison to other anime arcs).

The arcs just keep getting better and better (and by that I mean they never lose quality over time, not since the Benizakura/Yoshiwara arcs).
Mar 15, 2013 8:36 AM

Jul 2011
wow. That was really good episode (but for me, Gintama is pretty much always good...)

Gintoki is great as always.

I actually like Shinpachi. He may be childish, lame and all, but it's nice to see his more awesome moments.

Can't wait for next ep.
Mar 15, 2013 9:57 AM
May 2010
"Next week, the censored areas will be revealed. Hey, squinting won't help you. If squinting helped, you'd have a lot of boys spending 1/3 of their time squinting."
Hahaha
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
Mar 15, 2013 1:57 PM

Jan 2013
Sousa said:
Silver_Wave said:
MoonxArtemis said:

You might not like him, but without Shinpachi there would be no Gintama in the first place!

shinpachi is a good guy, i kinda like him.
Mar 15, 2013 2:56 PM

Aug 2010
Amble said:
Gintoki made this episode became so glorious. He really worthy of any awards for one of the most fascinating shounen protagonist ever.

Definitely.
Mar 15, 2013 3:14 PM

Mar 2012
Dem sexy animations! lol

Emotional scenes + Comedy + badass scenes + epic fight animatoins = Gintama

But who would ever thought that Gin would go down on his knees and beg!? Shows how serious this is, and how big of burden it was. Also explains how everyone is on Gin's side (or at least, angry that he has to beg)

It seems next week's ep is the last of Enchousen!? D=

Ninjajake12 said:
I don't know why so many people are disliking the scene of Gintoki begging for help. It was personally one of my favorite moments of him. Why? Because it shows that he has actual humility when it comes to asking for help. He can't do everything on his own, and the fact that he realized this and was willing to put his pride away to ask the Shinsengumi for help... Was just a very touching scene. It shows just how much he cares for Otae, Shinpachi, and Kagura. We all already know how awesome Gintoki is anyways.

Shinpachi has his annoying moments, but overall I've really enjoyed him this arc. He's always viewed as the weak link of the group, so it's nice to give him some awesome moments now and again.

I do wish this was a 4-episode arc because it is moving fairly fast, but I still think it's a good pace (not ideal, but still great in comparison to other anime arcs).

The arcs just keep getting better and better (and by that I mean they never lose quality over time, not since the Benizakura/Yoshiwara arcs).

I agree everything that you said.
skwok-ravenMar 16, 2013 3:42 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 16, 2013 6:57 AM

Jul 2012
Well, that was beautiful. Sad to see the end next week.
Mar 16, 2013 4:57 PM

Apr 2010
Gintoki being epic as always, and Shinpachi should have trusted him a bit more because of everything he has done for him

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 16, 2013 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
Bad-ass entrance Gin! Congrats.

Favorite scene, she is like why do I have to do this? I kill you! :)

Kagura-chan is kawaii here.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

203 by lordgaara »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 7, 2013

101 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 31, 2013

148 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jirou_Takashi - Jan 24, 2013

197 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.