Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 13, 2013 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
Ultimate analogy of Ichigo's powers....

Shinigami powers? Rukia.
Quincy Powers? Masaki is his mother.
Hollow Powers? THE VASTO LORDE AT THE END IS HIS FATHER
HiddenVoiceMar 15, 2013 10:20 AM
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."
Mar 13, 2013 2:40 PM

Mar 2009
TheEnd3r said:
Oh, I get it. Masaki got fucked not only by Isshin and Ryuuken Ishida, but also by a hollow. That's how Ichigo came to be.

There will be hentai soon.
Mar 13, 2013 2:47 PM

Aug 2009
Masaki sure is a bubbly girl, she reminds me of Orihime. I can imagine Masaki and Ryuuken as childhood friends, she calls him Ryu-chan so cute ^^ Arranged marriage? Well I understand this is for the sake of protecting the pure Quincy blood, but still...

I see the personality resemblance between Uryuu and Ryuuken, they are both observant and even if they won't show it, they care about those they are close to. I always thought of Uryuu as a pure Quincy lineage, but this chapter suggest the maid is the one who'll become his mother. Looks like Ryu-chan is willing to go against his mother's will ;)

I also think that the Kurosaki family line is a branch on the Bach family tree, which is why Yuha Bach called Ichigo "son", mainly because of family ties.
mikadocsMar 13, 2013 2:53 PM
Mar 13, 2013 3:28 PM

Nov 2009
If Misaki called Ishida's grandmother "aunt", was she and Ishida's father cousins ? Does that make Ichigo and Ishida some distant cousins or shit ?
Mar 13, 2013 3:43 PM
Dec 2010
TheEnd3r said:
Oh, I get it. Masaki got fucked not only by Isshin and Ryuuken Ishida, but also by a hollow. That's how Ichigo came to be.

no,Masaki didn't marry Reuko yet
there was gonna be arrange marriage between the two family , but it didn't happen
and Masaki married isshen
Mar 13, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2009
j0x said:
and also you say Ichigo was born with them or learned them along the way, i say some powers like the vasto lorde became his latent heridatary trait from his mother Masaki because it seems that Masaki will be the one to kill that vasto lorde hollow that looks like hollow Ichigo and also Ichigo is a power/ability absorber since Rukia's shinigami powers was absorbed by Ichigo in the first chapters if i remember correctly but forgot the exact chapters

and yes my guess is that Masaki is a power absorbing freak too, hopefully in the next chapters she will absorb the powers of that Vasto Lorde Hollow that Isshin is confronted with

Now I must answer you. I saw you in the past few... months with your theory, and I think it's time to write. So, about Ichigo absorbing all of Rukia's powers... There was an explanation, that the Hygouko grants what you wish deep in your heart, and Rukia probably felt ashamed after the death of Shiba Kaien by her hands, so deep in her heart she wanted to loose everything, or something like this (this was also the explanation why Aizen lost control of the Hygouko, because probably deep in is heart he wanted to be a weak person, so he wouldn't be alone). There were a few more examples, probably related to the power of the Hygouko, though I don't remember what they were.
Mar 13, 2013 3:52 PM
Dec 2010
if ichigo not the son of isshin
how Karin can see spirits and not Yuzu ?
Mar 13, 2013 3:55 PM

Aug 2009
adis said:
If Misaki called Ishida's grandmother "aunt", was she and Ishida's father cousins ? Does that make Ichigo and Ishida some distant cousins or shit ?

I don't think this is the case. Misaki was accepted to be a part of the Ishida family. I guess that when living with someone, you'll become like a family member and you may call the new parent uncle or aunt.
Mar 13, 2013 4:09 PM

Nov 2009
mikado34 said:
adis said:

I don't think this is the case. Misaki was accepted to be a part of the Ishida family. I guess that when living with someone, you'll become like a family member and you may call the new parent uncle or aunt.
I thought that might be the case too, but the whole "keeping quincy bloodline pure" got to me, but then again it might just mean, that quincy should marry other quincy. Anyway it's safe to assume that he is related to Kukaku and Kaien (might explain the resemblance, and that one was bugging me since Byakuya first pointed that out, even before Kaien's appearance was reveled).
Mar 13, 2013 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
Dat last panel!
Mar 13, 2013 4:33 PM
Oct 2010
what a fucking cliffhanger. panel so epic at the end only to go on hiatus FFFUUU
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 13, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2009
...oh Kubo :/

Well the fight should be ok
Mar 13, 2013 5:16 PM

Nov 2009
hiatus....meh
Mar 13, 2013 8:15 PM
Mar 2010
Ugh cliffhanger, then hiatus.

That hollow similarities to Ichigo's one worries me.
Mar 14, 2013 12:40 AM
Dec 2011
aos10 said:
TheEnd3r said:

no,Masaki didn't marry Reuko yet
there was gonna be arrange marriage between the two family , but it didn't happen
and Masaki married isshen

It could be to what is to come next (referring to fullbringers origin)
Mar 14, 2013 12:41 AM
Dec 2011
this is ichigo's hollow, there's a reason why there was a rebooted souls arc. Ginjo said that they have powers because their mothers were attacked by hollows and survived, thus left reatsu or an imprint on the surviving mother, for them to give birth to a child to inherited hollow powers without the child knowing or parents until they grew up, what experiment Aizen is referring to we still have no idea, it could be the "what if" children can inherit hollow powers from their mother by being attacked. This fits because we know what is to come next, i wont spoil it but its obvious as to why ichigo has hollow powers, its not because Urahara made ichigo have a hollow part to him (referring to when he got his powers back chapter/episode <100) its that ichigo already had hollow powers. but will see more with kubo-sama
Mar 14, 2013 1:38 AM

Mar 2009
Ichigo is a human born from a Hollow reiatsu exposed Quincy mother and Shinigami captain. Ichigo awakened Shinigami power with Rukia help. By killing hollows in real world he fed his inner hollow and made it grow. The Opie happened with his cage. This clicked with Ichigo dormant Quincy bloodline.

I still think that Masaki had to combine with that black hollow and in turn had to be FGTed (to weaken them) by Isshin and Ryuuken had to completely erase Masaki's Quincy powers to save her life.

Masaki KUROsaki - If that is not darkness reference then I don't know what is? What if this is what Yuha had in mind? Born in the darkness - born from Kurosaki branch family.
Mar 14, 2013 2:11 AM
Jul 2012
Mmmk im gonna rescind my theory that its a shinigami. Has bee pointed out to me that normal ahinigami couldnt handle the process and would disappear. Also that tosen said they were targetting hollows (2nd last page of previous chapter). so this is a vasto lorde before itz bcome an arrancarr. Or a vasto lorde's evolved form? I doubt itz the original ichigo, his hair was much longer. If the hollow IS somehow his real father it might explain his hair colour (if the hollow has orange hair). Would also wxplain his insane reiatsu.
Ahhh too much to speculate its hurting my brain
Im hoping isshin has to go bNkai and FGT to win. That would be awesome. Considering he could pull of a gt in his unreleased zan, would be nice to see.
Mar 14, 2013 2:26 AM
Mar 2012
Oh man this chapter clicked so many things for me. That hollow form is definately not a coincidence, and it's great to see Ryuuken and his family.

So i guess it's pretty obvious that Ishida's grandfather didn't die because of late assistance? Clearly a pimped-out hollow sent by Aizen did him in. It's making a pattern: Shiba Kaein, Hirako and his gang, Shiba Isshin now, then later Ishida's gramps.
Mar 14, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2010
I think most of us have a good idea of what's going to happen next, between a bunch of us on here it seems it wasn't too hard to figure out. I think this page has the best ideas of what the case is with Ichigo and his Hollow form, I had a few of my own ideas but I'd forgotten certain details so I've added them to what I've thought about and discussed with a friend, I'm pretty sure I can tell what's going to happen next. Now we just have to wait for confirmation.

2 week wait, ugh!

I was just reminded of something! We all know Isshin is likely to get owned by this hollow and found by Masaki. When Shinigami of vice captain level or stronger go to the human world they have power limiters, that'd explain why Isshin gets his ass beat. Dunno if anyone has mentioned that at this point, can't remember every post lol.
antonnnMar 14, 2013 3:19 PM
Mar 14, 2013 3:41 PM
Jul 2012
antonnn said:

I was just reminded of something! We all know Isshin is likely to get owned by this hollow and found by Masaki. When Shinigami of vice captain level or stronger go to the human world they have power limiters, that'd explain why Isshin gets his ass beat. Dunno if anyone has mentioned that at this point, can't remember every post lol.

i think someone has mentioned it before

But its saying something for the hollow if it defeats isshin quick enough for his limiter to not be released. Althought the r&d team would know hes gone to the human world, we've seen how slow they can be to get it done (hitsugayas bankai almost ran out of time ffs get your shit together)
Also says something for isshin when you know this bit of info and see the shinigami's reaction to his reiatus :D
ArchnemesisMar 14, 2013 5:23 PM
Mar 14, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm, I wonder if- (speculative)

-could have been the one to kill Masaki.

That'd be pretty dark and doesn't give Ichigo someone he can conveniently beat up to avenge her though. Unless it does.

It would explain a lot though.
Mar 14, 2013 7:55 PM

May 2010
So Ichigo's mom was suppose to marry Uryuu's dad back in the day. :O
I can't wait to see how her and Isshin get together. ^^

That last page. O_O
And it looks like Ichigo's 'final' form.... wow.... so many questions...
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 14, 2013 8:27 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh, so Masaki was originally supposed to be the wife of Ryuuken.
And, a Vasto Lorde hollow! Can't wait to see how Isshin deals with this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2013 1:05 AM
Dec 2012
Great Chapter, The end.... Wow!
Things are started to get clearer and clearer, bleach is getting somewhere!
Could only hope they could finish this arc in the anime aswell :P

For some Reason, The Signature Doesn't Update, So just click to see.
Mar 15, 2013 4:46 AM

Dec 2012
How things look like so far; Aizen will attempt to hollowfy the hollow into isshin, yet isshin losses his power after using the final getsuga tensho, Yet!! some of that power will be inherited within ichigo and grow into his DNA as ichigo grows, and you all know what happens next...

and.... it is possible that Masaki Kurosaki is Uryū Ishida's mother.

Mar 15, 2013 7:48 AM

Mar 2011
-GiaN- said:

and.... it is possible that Masaki Kurosaki is Uryū Ishida's mother.

Nah, it seems to me that Ryuken's house maiden has a thing for him. (Katagiri was her name?). I think she's his future wife.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Mar 15, 2013 8:39 AM

Jul 2007
What I found interesting is how the creature at the end has blades for arms...

Remember how Aizen theorized that "swords fused to their arms" might have been the original form of said power? Hmmm
Mar 15, 2013 10:13 AM

Apr 2010
Zogundar said:
Hmm, I wonder if- (speculative)

-could have been the one to kill Masaki.

That'd be pretty dark and doesn't give Ichigo someone he can conveniently beat up to avenge her though. Unless it does.

It would explain a lot though.

Indeed. Ichigo has a moment of weakness and the hollow takes over and gets revenge. Makes sense, really.

Good spot Fai, it'll be interesting to see if any light is shed on that. That said, wasn't it to do with Zanpakuto or just swords in general? Unless he was an Arrancar who fused with his sword and became a perfect Hollow LOL.
Mar 15, 2013 12:48 PM
Jul 2012
Fai said:

Remember how Aizen theorized that "swords fused to their arms" might have been the original form of said power? Hmmm

Not the original, the final form. Like a step up from bankai. Also, aizena and ichigo had their swords fused into their fists. This guy has blades for arms. I think it just looks cool, more than anything seriously important

Nice pick up though, that slipped past me.
Mar 15, 2013 11:38 PM

Apr 2010
Archnemesis said:
Fai said:

Not the original, the final form. Like a step up from bankai. Also, aizena and ichigo had their swords fused into their fists. This guy has blades for arms. I think it just looks cool, more than anything seriously important

Nice pick up though, that slipped past me.

Also, the blades on that hollow's arms resemble Ichigo's current Tensa Zangetsu with the razor like blades.
Mar 16, 2013 6:49 AM

Jul 2011
Apprently Ichigo got all his powers (shinigami, hollow, and quincy) from his mother.
Maybe this Hollow can steal the powers of the shinigami and have a power up by that way. It's a little like Kugo Ginjo who could steal shinigami's powers with his fullbring too (chapter 479). Maybe Kugo Ginjo's mother was hurted by a hollow with the same skill. This can explain how Kugo Ginjo became a substitute shinigami.
Mar 16, 2013 5:22 PM
Mar 2013
Well guys since I saw the white ichigo,I have had the theory of this life form being the *Anti Soul king*,Well few things we know: ichigo's hollow was hell bent on taking ichigo's body.His vasta lords power overpowers his shinigami powers from what we have seen :D He could of owned Aizen with that for tbh.I dont know if it would count but in this form ichigo was able to break the chains of hell :o

This "vasta lord" could be the X facter in how aizen did hollowfication!.

Hope Ishin uses FGT!(Bleach haters why post at all?)
Mar 16, 2013 11:11 PM

Jun 2008
Very interesting....this is definitely a flashback I really like so far.
Mar 17, 2013 1:21 AM

May 2012
Ok I think the arc is long enough so I can say KUBO TITE GOD DAMN THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! BLEACH IS FREAKING DECENT, GOOD READ NOW, SCORE 6->9

Fuck I just... Every week for 6 months already been waiting and waiting and waiting for new chapters, funny stuff how the quality just shot up like there's no tomorrow.

This is what Fairy Tail NEEDS.
Mar 18, 2013 4:44 AM

Jul 2011
I'm not sure this Hollow is a Vasto Lordes....
Mar 18, 2013 1:53 PM
Mar 2009
Well shit, it's all coming together.

Masaki was only wanted for her Quincy blood, Ryuuken married Katagiri to give Masaki the happiness that she longed for, and DAT Vasto Lorde hollow looks eerily familiar.

Backstory done right, woot.
Mar 19, 2013 10:35 AM

Sep 2011
k11chi said:
Ok I think the arc is long enough so I can say KUBO TITE GOD DAMN THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! BLEACH IS FREAKING DECENT, GOOD READ NOW, SCORE 6->9

Fuck I just... Every week for 6 months already been waiting and waiting and waiting for new chapters, funny stuff how the quality just shot up like there's no tomorrow.

This is what Fairy Tail NEEDS.

What Fairy Tail needs is to either get cancelled or start killing characters. That has to be one of the most cliched manga's ever written. It had a promising start up till after the arc with Jellal. Now its all about the power of friendship and Fairy Tail iz da best. About the only thing that makes it worth while is the fanservice, gotta hand it to Mashima, he and Kubo know how to draw some sexy females.
May 18, 2013 4:30 AM

Jul 2009
That looks suspiciously like Ichigo's hollowfication...
Sep 1, 2013 2:35 PM

Dec 2008
Things are finally falling into place.
May 23, 2014 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
WTF! Who was that at the ending?

Oct 1, 2016 5:56 AM

Jun 2016
exciting flashbacks, that Vasto Lorde seems like Ichigo's lol
Jun 8, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
That Hollow means business.
Dec 14, 2021 10:00 AM

Nov 2019
So Ichigo’s mom had to marry Uryu’s dad? She’s kinda cute btw.
Sep 30, 2022 10:08 AM

Nov 2020
Really good first chapter of one of the most important flashback, can't wait the next ones !

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.