Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Mar 12, 2013 9:39 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, things are getting really heated up in this series. I missed this sort of racing tension from the old Initial D and Wangan :D
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Mar 13, 2013 11:54 AM

Im surprised more people arnt watching this. Its awesome!

Mar 13, 2013 4:39 PM
awww poor loser got his ass dumped in an arranged marriage. punk bitch
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 18, 2013 6:44 PM
choice of music was bad

nothing really sad about the episode is portrayed

May 14, 2013 9:38 AM

dragoon20005 said:
choice of music was bad

nothing really sad about the episode is portrayed

Agree. It was good music but it didn't fit the situation.

Anyway nice episode. Ryousuke is BA!

Jul 12, 2013 12:33 PM

I would have liked to see more detail before this battle with Takumi and Mika just like in the original story of the manga. Hopefully an OVA of that will come out.

Mar 10, 2015 2:56 AM

Good episode. I'm loving that Ryo is getting some development finally.

Apr 11, 2015 12:44 PM

This subplot.....

May 29, 2015 12:23 PM

A woman that killed herself giving out life lessons. Haha...

Yeah thas was really bad.

Sep 18, 2015 5:52 AM

Wow, I can't remember the last time I saw "arranged marriage" drama in an anime. Didn't see that coming.
♥♥ American in Tokyo with a love of anime & food ♥♥
5500+ followers ◼︎ Follow me on Instagram for Japanese food culture & language facts ◼︎
550+ anime watched ◼︎ Follow my love for anime here on MAL ◼︎
1600+ restaurant reviews in Tokyo ◼︎ Follow my food adventures in Tokyo on SynchroLife ◼︎

May 23, 2016 8:01 AM

Damn what an amazing episode! Really one of the best of this season! I really do wonder what that Kaori girl actually has, there seems something more attached to it than just an arranged marriage...

Still a very epic episode, let's see what's next!

Dec 21, 2016 2:04 PM

For me for the moment, it is the best episode of this season. This battle between Ryosuke and Shinigami is epic.

Feb 11, 7:15 PM

I had a feeling it would be a 2-parter.

... not seeing a reason for the girl to suicide though...

The one mistake... was not widening the gap for the red car... this is a death-race...

Sep 15, 3:25 PM

Finally a good episode, what a pleasant surprise.

First, I was moved with the bond between Ryousuke and Matsumoto, he wasn't really fleshed out much so far, but he really cares about Ryousuke, enough to join this craziness. But well, now to Kaori: I really liked her, the flashbacks with Ryousuke were really compelling. At first they felt shallow with her asking him about his dreams, and saying that his life would be sad if he only followed the will of his parents, it was only the cliché stuff, but then we learn that she said those things because of what she was going through, she didn't even seem to like the other guy, her parents just arbitrarily decided for her that she should marry him, the poor girl. Falling in love with Ryousuke only made things harder for her too, but thanks to it she was able to make the decision to not marry that Hojo guy, but she was still insecure, not feeling enough to be with Ryousuke even though she wanted it. Now we only need to know why it ended like it did, with her suicide.

But her parents might have been crazy or something, that guy was really old, just look at the age of his son, he might be as old or older than Ryousuke, and the girl was just one year older than him, but well, in the next episode the missing details might become clear, I'm really glad to see Ryousuke racing so masterfully again too, makes it even harder to accept that he lost to Takumi back in the first stage just because he was the protagonist, but well. That guy with the red car, the one Keisuke defeated, following them to comment on the race was a bit obnoxious though, it's like we can't have a nice race without side commentaries, Ryousuke's flashbacks, and the Grim Reaper's inner monologues were enough for this one, I guess we can't have nice things here, but well, it was still the best episode this stage had by far so far, I just hope the conclusion to it won't be underwhelming, but I won't hold my breath though.

Oct 14, 8:49 PM

This Shinigami thing has been way too underwhelming, it came out of nowhere and it leads nowhere. Not really invested in this arc, I was afraid after seeing the reviews for the latter parts, I didn't want to believe it, but the tension from the first 3 seasons are gone and got replaced with exposition (the majestic Eurobeat ost has been lacking too lately)

4th and 5th are definitely not bad, but underwhelming in comparison to the older ones.
Don't forget to say Good Bye with a Smile!