Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 14, 2008 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
That's it, the final leap towards the ending. No more huge differences from the original plot, just (a lot) of trims due to time restraints and censorship.

Since celebration is in order, I'll skip my usual bitching and provide those who haven't seen it the original art for the awakenings of the most beautiful and the second most bloody D-swords.

Dec 14, 2008 1:24 PM

Oct 2007
Yea it seems like the anime was neutered. It's been a decent show although some explanations are being left out I think. If I was Takumi I would pummel the living crap out of Shogun, Shogun has been acting like god throughout this series and I wish someone would take him down a peg. BTW is there a game translation in English?

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 14, 2008 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
RandomOugi said:
That's it, the final leap towards the ending. No more huge differences from the original plot, just (a lot) of trims due to time restraints and censorship.

Since celebration is in order, I'll skip my usual bitching and provide those who haven't seen it the original art for the awakenings of the most beautiful and the second most bloody D-swords.

You beat me to it. :P I was going to do the honors but thanks for doing them and showing to us all
screw censors and welcome to the real truth
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 14, 2008 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
lol he's a delusion of shogun? This is getting pretty out of hand, not sure what to expect anymore @_@, a lot of people are getting Di-swords but I guess I saw that part coming. So is Takumi finally going to show his Di-sword or what =/?
Dec 14, 2008 6:32 PM

Mar 2008
Well, I played the game a few days ago, after some comments here made me kind of curious.

I have to say, aside from the disturbing Nanami part and the explanation why his class mobbed him suddenly after the flowerbed scene there was nothing major missing. Though they switched a few things regarding timely order and additionally put in a whole anime original episode.

Aside from that I think they did a really good job at compressing everything, cutting off the not so important stuff but still maintaining the story and explaining everything well. Pretty close to the game all in all.

I didn't like all the excessive violence and gore in the showdown of the game, so I really don't mind this "family friendly" version (it's good that way for a broader audience - for people who want the heavy stuff there is the game). The only complaint I have is, that since they never did the (often mentioned) Nanami scene, they shouldn't have bothered showing her blurry hand this episode. I mean that doesn't really make sense for ppl that haven't seen the game, now does it?

Anyway, I hope they make the scene with Taku coming up next episode as good as in the game.

Overall I don't think playing the game is really necessary since it takes a tremendous amount of time to play through (30 hours?) and though there are great things for gore fans, some more (but rather boring) delusion scenes and additional insight (not to mention the nice artworks), the important stuff is covered in the anime. I kind of regret that I have played the game, since the story isn't that original in the end overall. Watching the (shorter) anime is enough, IMO.

slayer545-sama said:

There was mention that Shogun may have a disease that accelerates his aging. Thus may be the explanation of mass energy releases when delusions come in due to this disease.

Dec 14, 2008 6:35 PM

Jun 2008
but they skipped the scene on the tower too D:

and they pretty much took Grim out :(
Dec 14, 2008 7:11 PM

May 2008
aww , they skipped the part with Nanami's hand getting mailed to Takumi in a box.... :( easliy the most mindrape moment in the game.... but *looks back* its wrapping up now , 2 eps left...

Dec 14, 2008 7:53 PM

May 2008
I'm getting creeped out. but things would probably become like the scene of episode 1 where rimi is gonna kill takumi~
Dec 14, 2008 8:11 PM

Nov 2008
Forever said:

slayer545-sama said:

There was mention that Shogun may have a disease that accelerates his aging. Thus may be the explanation of mass energy releases when delusions come in due to this disease.

Exactly it! Thanks.
Dec 14, 2008 8:35 PM

Jun 2007
I'd laugh so hard if everything was a delusion and Taku woke up in a hospital only to find out he really was on that bus when he was a kid and has been in a comma for most of his life.
Dec 14, 2008 9:09 PM

Dec 2008
RandomOugi said:
the original art for the awakenings of the most beautiful and the second most bloody D-swords.

That is one riveting picture. If Chaos;Head wasn't censored, I think that it would be 10x better. A lot of info was shown through the previous episodes including, and I'm still a little confused by all of it, but still good nonetheless. This series seems rushed, is it?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 14, 2008 9:13 PM

Nov 2008
Lunatic-kr said:
RandomOugi said:
the original art for the awakenings of the most beautiful and the second most bloody D-swords.

That is one riveting picture. If Chaos;Head wasn't censored, I think that it would be 10x better. A lot of info was shown through the previous episodes including, and I'm still a little confused by all of it, but still good nonetheless. This series seems rushed, is it?

Call for DVD checking once possible!
Dec 14, 2008 10:15 PM

Jan 2008
What the shizz, so no scene where he finds the hand in the box? -roar- This anime is such a huge let down D;
Dec 14, 2008 10:39 PM

Aug 2008
2 episodes left! WTF will happen!?
So, Grim is actually the mysterious nurse huh.. That's explain a lot.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 15, 2008 12:14 AM

Oct 2007
Heart_of_Storm said:
SilentPredator03 said:
I have not played the game, but I'm guessing that Shogun is the "original" Takumi. Rimi mentioned that whenever he has delusions, it draws life/energy away from the real Takumi, which could explain why Shogun is in a wheelchair.

I've pretty much come to the same conclusion, they've been hinting at it for a while now, this episode was a lot more blatant about it.

Im hoping thats not the 'twist'
They weren't just hinting at it, they even labeled Shogun's hospital door with "Takumi Nishijou" at the end of episode 9.
Dec 15, 2008 1:04 AM

Nov 2007
craziness and why was his sister's arm disappearing. could it be an affect of takumi using delusions too many times?
Dec 15, 2008 3:04 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
While I like what's happening, the background stories are so lame. So the plot fails and however it's gonna end, it'll be impossible to make up for it. This is over.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 15, 2008 4:43 AM

Sep 2008
i just want to say something first, can people stop judging god dam anime adaptations by comparing them to the original manga/video game!!! i get sick of seeing people complain and complain on every series like this. if you don't like it then don't watch it and just stick with the original version :( its not fair to judge a series by comparison at all, since this is the anime that is the game, its not the same thing! nor is it meant to be compared to it. and if you just don't like the series then don't watch it unless your really that bored.

personally i think this series is amazing, its been so unique and mind-twisting since the first episode. they are definitely answering questions now and will be more answered with the last 2 episodes. can't wait till next week.

ps. i will agree that they shouldn't have censored that hand thing, that pic looks so much better :P but oh well people who haven't played the game won't notice anything wrong with it, and i didn't until i came here -_-

Dec 15, 2008 9:50 AM

Aug 2007
Nanami's sword was awesome! O_o Poor keiji-kun. I grew to like him. What has the sister got to do with the evil cop? Acquintance! The part where Yua got her sword when she reached to the flowers, I thought that Takumi could have created that option...

I agree on the Takumi part: he is annoying. Especially when he freaks out. He's weak as he hasn't tried to trace Shogun down yet...

Oh, just saw the posted pictures. Meh, they definitely censored all those things out. I still think it's a nice show though. If I saw a lot of blood immediately, I most likely would have dropped it, like Elfen Lied. Cough.
DragonsWhipDec 15, 2008 9:53 AM
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 15, 2008 11:09 AM

Aug 2008
velcom said:
i just want to say something first, can people stop judging god dam anime adaptations by comparing them to the original manga/video game!!! i get sick of seeing people complain and complain on every series like this. if you don't like it then don't watch it and just stick with the original version :( its not fair to judge a series by comparison at all, since this is the anime that is the game, its not the same thing! nor is it meant to be compared to it. and if you just don't like the series then don't watch it unless your really that bored.

personally i think this series is amazing, its been so unique and mind-twisting since the first episode. they are definitely answering questions now and will be more answered with the last 2 episodes. can't wait till next week.

ps. i will agree that they shouldn't have censored that hand thing, that pic looks so much better :P but oh well people who haven't played the game won't notice anything wrong with it, and i didn't until i came here -_-

I'm with you. I thought the anime has gotten a lot better now that it is more serious. The pacing is a little choppy, I think, but otherwise it's very good (aside that it's another cyber-punk title that takes a lot from Serial Experiments Lain). This was a bit of a heart-wrenching episode if you take the time to understand the real implications of what is going on. While Taku's encounter with his sister was not really with his sister, I believe the feelings were real as they mirrored the feelings she was feeling at the time but elsewhere.

In any case, things are starting to make sense. As I said, the pacing has been erratic, but otherwise it's very good.
Dec 15, 2008 1:05 PM

Aug 2008
kie_ said:
I'm not even being surprise anymore,it's just gone stupid.

I have to agree with you. Something what i supposed to be cool horror/thriller turned into weird sci-fi drama.
Dec 15, 2008 1:30 PM

Feb 2008
... what the fuck is going on...? ~_~

BTW: I like Yua's sword.
Dec 15, 2008 3:42 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode, the script is finally unveiling now and what I'm watching is really good. It's all making sense, and there's already a good build up, the plot has developped consistently since the beginning, that's maybe the main quality of this show, and now that two episodes are left, we really feel we're at the end of the road and I think it will be sufficient to make a good conclusion.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 15, 2008 5:40 PM
Feb 2008
In the game, nanami's hand is sent to takumi? holy crap, i want to watch that!! but yeah I agree, if they aren't going to put that scene, why confuse the audience by disappearing nanami's hand out of nothing?? They should had put the scene u.u is good to watch some blood sometimes!

Without comparing.. and ignoring the fact that they're censoring some things... I think this anime is reaaaally good in its category.

2 eps left... I wonder what will happen!
Dec 15, 2008 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode, things got chaotic. Im gonna hunt down the game after i finish the anime >.<
Dec 15, 2008 9:53 PM
Feb 2008
the episode was a bit too fast paced ... but now i can't wait for the next one
curse you anime writers!! making us wait a week between each episode! CURSE YOU1!!
Dec 16, 2008 3:37 AM

Jan 2008
You are me. I am you.

我爱你

Dec 16, 2008 7:44 AM

Jun 2008
actually, I don't know what the last episode is going to be about because the next episode looks like the end. They really rushed this way too much
Dec 16, 2008 9:33 AM
Jun 2008
This episode single-handedly revived some hope and interest for me to finish the series after a nosedive into confusion hell. I look forward to seeing how the problems get solved. It was depressing, dark, psychotic and surprising...and yeah, two more D-Swords have been awoken.
Dec 16, 2008 9:58 AM
Oct 2007
Next episode Takumi gets his Di-sword :D

hirahira said:
actually, I don't know what the last episode is going to be about because the next episode looks like the end. They really rushed this way too much

No
Archer89Dec 16, 2008 10:05 AM
Dec 16, 2008 9:48 PM

Jan 2008
Only two episodes left and this show is still shit.
Dec 16, 2008 10:29 PM

Mar 2008
I think this episode was pretty good, at least compaired to some others
Dec 17, 2008 4:43 AM
Apr 2008
This anime is like a train wreck. A terrible mess, but plenty of fun to watch.
I wish they had a second chance so that they could fix the pacing.
Dec 17, 2008 4:33 PM

Nov 2008
Purple_Grenadier said:
This anime is like a train wreck. A terrible mess, but plenty of fun to watch.
I wish they had a second chance so that they could fix the pacing.

They have the second chance in the DVDs
Dec 18, 2008 5:51 AM

Dec 2007
omg !
this anime is goin to end soon ~ ><
SADS ! ><

Dec 18, 2008 11:16 AM

Mar 2008

there will always be mysterious
Dec 18, 2008 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
awesome. for once i'm unconfused...well sort of.
Dec 18, 2008 5:47 PM

Dec 2008
This, kids, is what happens when you take the Chaos Head Visual Novel and shove it into crap. Everything happened so fast, there was absolutely no intensity that was present in the game.

Examples include

-Nanami's hand (Seriously it looked like she just had it up her sleeve or something. Comeon!)

- Rimi saying "You must not have any more delusions" or whatever had a lot more impact in the game because that scene was intense.

- They cut out like 60 percent of the scenes. What happened to the scene where Taku's on the building with all the news people watching him?

-Goes waaaay too fast.

-Everything else

Well, let's see how last two episodes wrap up. *Prays for B ending*
Dec 18, 2008 6:14 PM

Jun 2008
I am hoping for a B ending too.

and I'm mad that they took out the scene on the building too. that was the best part
Dec 19, 2008 11:10 AM
Jun 2007
Jesus Christ, this is starting to irritate me. there was so much shit crammed into this episode that the pacing was entirely ruined. and Takumi, while he was entertaining for the most part, is really starting to get on my nerves now. hopefully, the last 2 episodes will be a notch up from this one.
Dec 20, 2008 5:55 PM
Dec 2007
Heh, the purists never cease to amaze me, although I have to agree the censoring was idiotic. They showed gore already, them showing a missing hand wouldn't have really been that gross in comparison to the Staking scene in episode 1. What goes through the minds of the execs in charge of deciding what to censor is something I will never understand.

Dec 22, 2008 10:58 PM

Oct 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Heh, the purists never cease to amaze me, although I have to agree the censoring was idiotic. They showed gore already, them showing a missing hand wouldn't have really been that gross in comparison to the Staking scene in episode 1. What goes through the minds of the execs in charge of deciding what to censor is something I will never understand.
There's a difference between mutilating a main character and mutilating an extra.
Dec 23, 2008 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode! Illusion? I don't know!
Dec 25, 2008 11:12 AM

Apr 2007
This show isn't even appealing to me yet I'm still watching. For the sake of knowing what the ending will be like and it's almost done anyway.

Jun 12, 2009 7:51 PM

Oct 2008
This show is really bad. Fortunately there are only two more episodes for finish.
Mar 26, 2010 8:11 PM

Jun 2009
Confusing episode
Who is an ally or enemy?
Human or delusion?
The other user from the hospital? on the Empire sweeper chatbox = woah its Grim so from the beginning it was her and how come Shogun and Grim knows each other or not
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 5, 2010 7:05 AM

Dec 2008
Please call 911!! Someone just raped my mind!!
Are Shogun and Takumi the same person?
Nov 29, 2010 6:09 AM

Aug 2008
Yua and Nanami gigalomaniacs.
LOL
Jan 6, 2011 9:33 PM

Jul 2010
tis whole show has been nothing but confusion, what real, whats not
didnt itachi from naruto exlain somthing like this "one person's reality is another person's genjutsu (illusion)"?

Apr 10, 2011 1:34 AM

Jul 2009
And so, the last swords have been given. Now it's time to see them used together, is my guess.

Takumi's quite delusional, so he might not need a sword, but he might still be given one. Wonder how it'll look then...
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 27, 2008

113 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.