Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 11, 2013 1:58 AM

^^

1. what are you currently studying (major/diploma/program/whatever)
2. what institution, college/university
3. what do you really want to be? your ideal career?

if you re still in high school just state your goals

now before people derail the topic into a discriminating shitstorm, remember a degree is only as useless as the person who s holding it

now i'll start
1. spanish diploma 4 years
2. everest community college
3. neuroscience

any double degrees?

just curious about the prevailing major
Modified by Stronkman, Mar 11, 2013 2:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 11, 2013 2:11 AM

ACCA. I'm in my first year. But I don't plan on being an accountant. I make too many silly mistakes. Thankfully, ACCA gives me more than enough options other than being an accountant. I also hope to have a novel published or have a similar career to that.

Mar 11, 2013 2:13 AM

1. ICT 2,5 years
2. Horizon College
3. I don't know yet, either Game design, Video editing or Fixing/Building computers.

Mar 11, 2013 2:16 AM

1. Nada, currently getting my GED done to transfer.

2. Mount San Antonio College(Planning to transfer by the end of this year)

3. Ideally something in the medical field; Although, I wouldn't count out something that has to deal with computers or video gaming since I lack motivation to study in anything aside what interests me.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Mar 11, 2013 5:16 AM

1. Art History - 1st year
2. University of Arts "George Enescu"
3. Not too sure yet, but something in the arts field- art critic or curator.

Mar 11, 2013 5:20 AM
yhunata said:
ACCA. I'm in my first year. But I don't plan on being an accountant. I make too many silly mistakes. Thankfully, ACCA gives me more than enough options other than being an accountant. I also hope to have a novel published or have a similar career to that.

I am doing my final term, hopefully, last 2 exams, this june if I pass I am certified, then I can focus my attention else where.

Mar 11, 2013 6:42 AM

Highschool final year ... im still wondering why my highschol isnt even close to what we see in anime ... not particularly interested in anything ... I'll get into any college that woll take me in cuz i'll still have to pay houserent and electricity bills in the future ...

Mar 11, 2013 7:51 AM
Actually Linus

1. Computer Engineering/Math Double -- You can get it done in 4 years, but it's gonna end up taking me about 4.5 to 5.
2. University of alabama
3. What is desire? Um, a movie critic maybe? Or perhaps a writer of some other sort-- screenwriter or novelist. I'm not entirely sure to be honest, but I really like movies and the thought of being a writer is appealing, so..
Modified by Eeyore, Mar 11, 2013 8:00 AM

Mar 11, 2013 10:09 AM
1. Criminal Justice
2. John Jay College of Criminal Justice
3. Not sure what I want to do but FBI is appealing

Mar 11, 2013 10:16 AM

Final year of high school as well. I hope I'll graduate succesfully, and after that I'd like to study languages - English, German, Japanese or Russian (or combination of these) and work as a translator. I write to local newspaper too, so being a journalist seems like a nice job, although I'd rather write something more creative.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.

Mar 11, 2013 11:02 AM

I'm studying the art of lazing around all day.
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Mar 11, 2013 11:22 AM

I'm pursuing more time for anime and games.

Mar 11, 2013 11:24 AM

Geodesy - 1st year in Sea Academy

Mar 11, 2013 11:40 AM

I'm currently in Community College studying the Culinary Arts.^^ Wanting to become a good chef. Own my restaurant perhaps in the near future.
“We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let’s not disappear like a firework, and continue to shine forever.”

Mar 11, 2013 11:58 AM

Philosophy
Modified by Ghostony, Mar 11, 2013 12:06 PM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds

Mar 11, 2013 12:01 PM

At college (UK) studying

Maths, Physics, Graphic Design, Computing.

I don't do plans for the future.
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."

Mar 11, 2013 12:01 PM

1. English and Philosophy
2. University of Birmingham
3. i just want to get this shit over with

Mar 11, 2013 12:06 PM

I'm on my second year of high school. My goal is just to go to a collage/university and become a veterinarian.

Mar 11, 2013 12:52 PM

I am at he very end of my studies to my bachelor in political science. However, due to mental illness (Became depressed and some more stuff...) i fell behind and have some Fs that i must fix. But hopefully that will all be fixed before the end of this year. I just want these studies to end soon and start my future career. In about 2-3 months this semester ends, cannot wait. Lets just hope i can write that damn paper tho. (I am yet fully back on track)

Mar 11, 2013 1:08 PM

rederoin said:
I'm studying the art of lazing around all day.

You are my hero.

Mar 11, 2013 1:10 PM

Well, I'm still in high school.

Goals

- 94.00 (4.0) GPA (Junior now, with a 95.4 GPA)
-Pass my AP classes with a 90 or better
-Get a scholarship for baseball

-attend MIT, Harvard, Wesleyan, or Miami U for college,
-study to become a med. doctor, robotics engineer, or play D1 baseball

Mar 11, 2013 1:11 PM

Finishing up highschool and planning to go into engineering. Most likely chemical, maybe mechanical. I hope to be able to take some computer science courses as well.

Mar 11, 2013 1:15 PM

I recently graduated, got my diploma, I can be one awesome secretary right now. But I'm not going to do that, way too boring.
Going to be a teacher instead, most preferably at an elementary school, I'm actually pretty good with kids, they all friggen love me.
I begin my next course after the summer break. So yaay me, I guess. No?? Well fuck you too.
Now I'm just going to search for a part-time job, woohoo I can't wait until april 21st. Dat paycheck.

Mar 11, 2013 1:31 PM

Shoryuuken said:
I recently graduated, got my diploma, I can be one awesome secretary right now. But I'm not going to do that, way too boring.
Going to be a teacher instead, most preferably at an elementary school, I'm actually pretty good with kids, they all friggen love me.
I begin my next course after the summer break. So yaay me, I guess. No?? Well fuck you too.
Now I'm just going to search for a part-time job, woohoo I can't wait until april 21st. Dat paycheck.

Dude, youre born 1994.

Mar 11, 2013 1:40 PM

Speedhoven said:
Shoryuuken said:

Dude, youre born 1994.

Dude, so? Honestly does age really matter what a person achieved these days? Gee.

Mar 11, 2013 1:44 PM

Waiting on college acceptances. Hoping to get accepted into Carnegie Mellon, Cornell , Northwestern and UMich. Planning to study Biomedical engineering and do something productive with the rest of my life.

Mar 11, 2013 2:21 PM

I'm in grade 11.

I currently have a 93 average. (i wish it was 95+ but my friggin biology class is screwing me over.)

I'm planning to go to UTSG for life sciences.

Mar 11, 2013 2:34 PM

Shoryuuken said:
Speedhoven said:
Shoryuuken said:

Dude, youre born 1994.

Dude, so? Honestly does age really matter what a person achieved these days? Gee.

Hahahahaha, Shory, some people don't understand that if you don't fail at life like they do, it's not YOUR problem, but THEIRS.

Good job, son, you didn't tell me this, bastard.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

Mar 11, 2013 2:49 PM

Shoryuuken said:
Speedhoven said:
Shoryuuken said:

Dude, youre born 1994.

My point was, if you are born 94, you will be around the age of 18-19, and to be an "awesome" secretary, you need have an education which (atleast here in sweden) is impossible to have around that age. Obviously you can work as a secretary (and be good at it) with no education higher than HS, but the salaray will suck.

Mar 11, 2013 3:13 PM

So nobody else here who is studying the noble art of lazing around all day?

After doing IT for 1 year, and then economics/accounting for 1 year. I really find it to be the most suiting career for me.

Mar 11, 2013 3:17 PM

Speedhoven said:
Shoryuuken said:
Speedhoven said:
Shoryuuken said:

Dude, youre born 1994.

My point was, if you are born 94, you will be around the age of 18-19, and to be an "awesome" secretary, you need have an education which (atleast here in sweden) is impossible to have around that age. Obviously you can work as a secretary (and be good at it) with no education higher than HS, but the salaray will suck.

You have different levels of studies here in high school. You have "Level 1"until "level 4" courses, a secretary course is available at "level 4" which takes 3 years to complete. I began on the age of 16 with that particular course, right after I graduated from middle school.
The level of your course depends on what level and direction you did back in middle school. (I did "Business administration")

Immahnoob said:
Shoryuuken said:
Speedhoven said:
Shoryuuken said:

Dude, youre born 1994.

Hahahahaha, Shory, some people don't understand that if you don't fail at life like they do, it's not YOUR problem, but THEIRS.

Good job, son, you didn't tell me this, bastard.

Thanks!! :D

Mar 11, 2013 3:30 PM

currently pursuing some pussy

Mar 11, 2013 3:36 PM

Diploma in 3D Animation - 2nd Year
Animation College of New Zealand
3D Animator

Mar 11, 2013 3:43 PM

That makes sense, never knew that the Netherlands had such a system. Business administration in middle school? Damn. Here we NEVER studied anything like that. But the swedish school sucks so its not so wierd. What kind of secretary job can you get from that education?

Mar 11, 2013 3:44 PM

Diesel Tech for one more quarter, then off to the real world.

Skagit Valley College.

B&G Machine. Big engines, all day, every day.

Mar 11, 2013 3:54 PM

Speedhoven said:
That makes sense, never knew that the Netherlands had such a system. Business administration in middle school? Damn. Here we NEVER studied anything like that. But the swedish school sucks so its not so wierd. What kind of secretary job can you get from that education?

Thats not exactly how it works, I don't think he is explaining it correctly.
Although explaining the Dutch school system to somebody who isn't Dutch is kinda hard/tricky.

So I doubt I can explain it, but i'll try.
Group 1-8(kindgarten + 1st grade-6th grade of grade school) is similar to most countries, nothing changes.
Then we get 4, 5 or 6 years of high school(from ages 12 to 16/17/18), which we call 'middle school'(using literal translations), but its more or less the same as what they call high school in the rest of the world. The easiest 4 'types'(3 VMBO's + MAVO) are 4 years long, the hardest 'type'(VWO) is 6 years and HAVO, the one in-between, is 5 years.
Near the end of high school you pick 1 of 4 routes, but its as advanced as it sounds. Its preparation for going that route, nothing more. And then when you're 16-18, you go to college, or what we call 'high school' if you use literal translations.
Modified by rederoin, Mar 11, 2013 3:57 PM

Mar 11, 2013 4:00 PM

I'm studying Physics at the moment at UHasselt Belgium.
I'm interested in physics, but I'd rather do something more creative.

Mar 11, 2013 4:15 PM

I am currently planning on majoring in elementary education. It's not bad. But I'm not psyched for all the exams and junk that I will have to take/pay for just so I can teach in the classroom.

I go to some community college in my area and I will transfer next year-ish to a university in the city (but I'll have to commute there by train and bus..)

I was initially planning on being a pharmacist, but that plan went down the shit hole once I took some chem classes. Only upside of taking that chem class was that the fine-looking kid would smile at me and we would go over how to solve useless problems. But chem was not for me. Never again, man...

Funny thing is that I have been considering majoring in business for a few months now. I suck at making decisions.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

Mar 12, 2013 8:25 PM

Jintae said:
Waiting on college acceptances. Hoping to get accepted into Carnegie Mellon, Cornell , Northwestern and UMich. Planning to study Biomedical engineering and do something productive with the rest of my life.

GL on carnegie i heard they are really strict on TOEFL and SAT scores

danielcook said:
I'm in grade 11.

I currently have a 93 average. (i wish it was 95+ but my friggin biology class is screwing me over.)

I'm planning to go to UTSG for life sciences.

holyshit another canadian!!
dude uoft is so overrated i don t understand what makes it so provocative they are known for graduate school/research

prob less then 20% of uoft grads who actually finish actually get into a good med school, assuming u maintain a 90 u should try mcmasters

usually goes like this uoft ----> lakehead
mcmasters ---> mcgill

if u r that 1% pulling a 4.0 gpa u might as well go to the states and apply for ivy leagues only problem is u gotta take gr 12 IB and take the SAT (their AP calculus has a different syllabus be sure u understand calc I/II which isnt offered in cananda HS)

gigglingidiot said:
I was initially planning on being a pharmacist, but that plan went down the shit hole once I took some chem classes. Only upside of taking that chem class was that the fine-looking kid would smile at me and we would go over how to solve useless problems. But chem was not for me. Never again, man...

Funny thing is that I have been considering majoring in business for a few months now. I suck at making decisions.

mb you should ve been trying the hard questions

economics is really easy you should try it
Modified by Stronkman, Mar 12, 2013 9:09 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 12, 2013 8:39 PM

I'll pursue any career that involves ancient mythology.

Mar 12, 2013 9:02 PM
I was originally going to restart my college education as a Dietetic Technician (Nutritionist) with a holistic approach to losing/gaining/maintaining weight and correcting illnesses and diseases through food. :P

What I'd really like to do is have my own business, teaching people health and fitness. :P
I haven't found a really good anime in a really long time. :(