Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2008 11:46 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They've gotten older D:
Funny how they still sound the same XP
May 17, 2009 11:47 PM

Jan 2009
yeah everyone has the same exact voice except chrono who has a manly deep voice at that. Though thats generic anime for you. The girls forever stay young while the guys mature.
Jun 3, 2009 12:18 AM
Oct 2007
well, chrono got a different voice actor :P
Jul 2, 2009 10:28 PM

Jun 2009
Lady's and gentlemen, that is how you do an action series. Great stuff.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 21, 2009 2:58 PM

Nov 2007
Fate's so unlimitedly sexy as an adult.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 2, 2009 5:05 AM

Feb 2008
Vizard said:

That indeed.
But Arisa with short hair is also nice.

Overall a pretty good anime. It was entertaining from the beginning.
Nov 19, 2009 6:55 AM

Oct 2009
It's weird to see them grew up already all of a sudden lol

Nov 21, 2009 12:54 AM

Mar 2009
Awesome season :D
definitely my favorite of the 3

9/10
Jan 19, 2010 11:56 PM
Nov 2009
Non stop action through the whole series, this anime is simply awesome ><!!! And Fate's gotta be the most lovely character ever!
Feb 3, 2010 3:47 PM
Feb 2009
I really enjoyed this season. Much better than the first, in my opinion!
It was cute to see them older too. :D
Feb 17, 2010 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
MUUUUUUUUCH better than the first....FATE FTW!!
Mar 18, 2010 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
I emjoyed the first season but the second season outdid the first season by far. the action was just amazing, only show ive watched where the action has been the main attraction for me. in addition to the action the plot was very well done.
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Mar 31, 2010 3:26 AM

Nov 2008
A very late post on my view on this - Very good of all 3 Anime MSLN's this one gets a 10/10 from me, Great from start to finish - WIth a nice mid-teenage look at our Fate and Nanoha (and Hayate) And many others. Season 2 out did season 1 and season 3.
Jun 17, 2010 10:22 PM

Sep 2009
Overall this was decent. It's nice to see them grow up.

I kinda wanted to hear some of Nanoha's explanation to her friends and family about what happened.
Jul 27, 2010 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
Very good :D lol same voices expet for Chrono XD

Now to StrikerS!
Aug 4, 2010 1:36 AM

May 2008
One thing that kind of annoyed me was how Hayate became a mage of Nanoha and Fate's calibur by doing... nothing. Yep, she basically broke the Book's program and then became as good as them. What happened to good ol' hard work, huh? :D

Besides that, good series overall. Looking forward to StrikerS. 8/10
Aug 21, 2010 10:59 AM

Apr 2008
anyone else think reinforce's little hologram at the end was suuuper kawaii? lol
Aug 28, 2010 6:33 AM

Apr 2009
SpecJay said:
anyone else think reinforce's little hologram at the end was suuuper kawaii? lol

Oh hell yes.
Gotta love an anime that has an actual end (well if you don't count the third season).
Jan 31, 2011 4:20 PM

Sep 2009
Man, I nearly shed a tear when Reinforce "died". ;____; The ultra-happy second half was a waaayyy too much of a whiplash after that depressing first half, though. Overall I thought this was a pretty nice series. It's difficult to take it seriously at times, but nonetheless, when it comes to Mahou Shoujo, Nanoha has and always will be the choice to go. 7/10
Apr 9, 2011 8:15 PM

Sep 2009
De-JaY said:
Vizard said:

That indeed.
But Arisa with short hair is also nice.

Overall a pretty good anime. It was entertaining from the beginning.

Yeah, the years were really good to Fate lol
Lol Chrono went through puberty!!!! XD
Yuuno kinda looks like a girl now awww and he's got glasses =P
May 15, 2011 3:10 PM

Aug 2010
Very enjoyable series even if it did feel a bit like a rehashed season 1.

Onto Striker S i guess.
Jun 12, 2011 3:51 AM

Feb 2011
SpecJay said:
anyone else think reinforce's little hologram at the end was suuuper kawaii?

I can't imagine how ranging harto and bardiche's hologram will be like... they sounds like adults xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice ending
Gosh that dramatic parting made me teary...

and they've all grown up except vita.

Among all those who grown up I think arisa improve a lot in looks and nanoha surely looks sexy facing her back xD
Jun 29, 2011 11:37 PM

Jul 2009
i watched the 1st movie instead of the 1st season, and it was confusing how they were already using cartridges in the first movie, so i was kind of confused.
but man, fate is adorable as hell.
well that was a good season, not a masterpiece but definitely 9/10.
Feb 5, 2012 5:25 PM

May 2011
very nice season end. i rly enjoyed this anime a lot
9/10 ^^
Jul 19, 2012 1:48 PM

Sep 2010
Better season than first one. With some plot twists (one was very nicely done) and better story. But still has issues like being too cliche and painfully cheesy (yeah! more cheesy than season 1). Anyway good watch.

Final Episode - 3.5/5 (too cheesy for me)

Series - 7/10
Oct 30, 2012 10:47 PM

Mar 2012
This season was definitely better than the first. It would have been a good ending right there if not for the third season.
May 5, 2013 8:35 PM

Sep 2012
This anime is so metal that Ronnie James Dio temporarily rose from the dead to raise a lighter towards a lightning-streaked-and-blood-raining heaven.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Jun 27, 2013 7:42 AM

Nov 2012
Hey... Shoes of fate looked better in season 1.
Jul 9, 2013 9:58 PM

Nov 2012
I liked the 6 years progression. Sets up something new for the next season perhaps.
Jul 22, 2013 5:54 AM

Dec 2012
I hear that StrikerS is going to be significantly different from these first two seasons. Out of what I've seen so far though I'm impressed with the Nanoha series as a whole, and would probably rate seasons 1 and 2 at around the high end of 8/10. Although the first half of season 1 is slow, it really starts to pick up when Fate is introduced, and I think the character dynamic between her and Nanoha is really the highlight of that season. In A's I really liked the story relationship between Hayate and the Valka knights, and the scenes where Fate enters the dream world were poignant and touching. What stands out to me the most I think is how this series has a kind of sincerity to it that I have not seen for a very long time, with probably Madoka Magica being the only exception. Less than a year ago seeing a magical girl show would have been unthinkable to me, but I'm glad I watched this.
Jan 5, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
I am sure Nanoha and Fate explained *everything* to Suzuka and Arisa, but what about Nanoha's family? They had a big talk there, but they skipped that rather fast, so it's not clear if Lindy might up another story or they actually explained everything to make things easier in the future.

And Reinforce being lke "i am the happiest magical book in the world". How many are there in the first place?
Mar 7, 2014 2:57 PM
Dec 2013
NwAurion said:
I am sure Nanoha and Fate explained *everything* to Suzuka and Arisa, but what about Nanoha's family? They had a big talk there, but they skipped that rather fast, so it's not clear if Lindy might up another story or they actually explained everything to make things easier in the future.

And Reinforce being lke "i am the happiest magical book in the world". How many are there in the first place?

I think they would explain everything, why else have a talk like taht they already had a cover story, so only reason as i see it to have a talk is to finally tell the the real truth.

As for how many magical books there is in their world, who knows? maybe reinforce is the only one, maybe there are millions of other magical books
Mar 22, 2014 4:30 AM

Aug 2013
That was good. That was good! :D

And Yuuno, of course you won't make "progress" with Nanoha. Fate won't allow it.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 6, 2014 9:45 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending of this second season, a lot of great action and character development! All in all a pretty decent continuation of the first season!
Jul 24, 2014 9:21 PM
Sep 2011
Final thoughts: RIP Reinforce. You will not be forgotten.
Aug 20, 2014 6:47 PM

Apr 2010
Huge improvement from the mediocre first season. Really liked the whole cast this time around, and the battles were great.

7/10
May 7, 2015 7:45 AM

Dec 2012
The time skip wasn't completely unexpected thanks to some light spoilers, but it was still a jaw dropper to see 6 years flash by after watching 26 episodes of Nanoha and company as kids. That mini reinforce is really cute, the time skip info on each character made this feel like a satisfying epilogue (albeit the subs I watched made it unbearable to follow).

It was certainly worthwhile to pick up A's shortly after season 1. Even though I did end up enjoying S1, A's really stepped it up with the action and characters. The case of the Book of Darkness/Tome of the Night Sky definitely kept me well invested into this from start to finish as opposed to S1 taking some episodes to warm up. What intrigued me most about it is how this pretty much confirms how magic functions as a technology in Lyrical, particularly with the constant talk of the Book of Darkness's various programs. The idea behind its cycle of rebirth and immortality was also an interesting bit as it kept me guessing as to how they were going to figure out a loophole past it and find a way to break the cycle once and for all.

The other thing I really liked about this was getting to see things from Hayate and her group's perspective for a fair amount. It really made me care and empathize more with how the knights just wanted to live in peace with Hayate and all she wanted was to get along with everyone. It was even a good call how the old man and the twins weren't painted as villains, keeping it from becoming a black and white good vs evil battle.

Definitely a solid follow up to the first season, I'll probably be taking a nice break from Nanoha for the time being but look forward to StrikerS when the time is right.

7.5/10, leaning towards a 7. Though I did enjoy A's more than S1, I can't say the gap was that big and I wasn't completely blown away (although certainly close thanks to all of those blasters!). One thing I did enjoy more about S1, however, was its more melancholic, dreary tone.
May 18, 2015 6:36 AM

Mar 2014
Did they seriously put a least on Arf, isnt that slightly degrading for a familiar of her caliber..... unless....... she likes it? fate wasnt even walking her initially, must have been weird when yuuno was putting the collar on, would have been if a normal (non magical) person was walking her.

Also zafira on a leash dosnt count because 1. hes technically not a familiar, 2. he spends most of his time in the dog form and 3. hes pretty much the family pet as in thats his role in the family (NOT DEROGATORY).