Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 11, 2013 6:15 PM

Apr 2010
"Only Killua can hold the ball for me" Oh, i can smell fujoshis everywhere. Anyway, great episode animation is top quality as always and also good timing. Keep doing this awesome as always Madhouse, you roclk.

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 11, 2013 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
its soo Soooo Adorable seeing Gon and Killua being friends!! i kind of Wish i had a little brother or sister lol:)
Mar 11, 2013 8:27 PM

Jul 2008
stoked!!
Mar 11, 2013 9:07 PM
Feb 2013
Leaulux said:
I'd love to beat the living FUCK out of Gon for being a Self-Centered cunt.

"killuwaaaaa hold da ball forr mee!111! i need moar MOAR POWAAAA!!!111!!!"

"But Gon...My hands..."

"sut da FUK UP! just fuking DO IT!"

Gon is a pretty selfish kid, you will see more of his self-centeredness in the next arc.

However in this case, Killua WANTED Gon to let him hold for the shot. Did you sleep through the episode?
Mar 12, 2013 2:35 AM
May 2012
Very nice episode as always. Can't wait for the infamous formation.
Mar 13, 2013 11:40 AM
Oct 2009
Hisoka dodging the ball and catching it was a thing of beauty *_*

I expect more of him and I hope he delivers <3

maybe with the strange formation from the preview :o
Mar 13, 2013 2:21 PM

Sep 2012
Shit Just Got Real
Mar 14, 2013 1:03 AM

Dec 2012
Love Gon's technique. He was so badass in this episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 15, 2013 1:29 PM
Dec 2012
edungeon said:
If this isn't the best anime series going on right now,i don't know what could be. Epic.

naruto

anyway, this dodgeball game is saving the G.I arc, I didn't like the arc much except their training that was cool.

Hisoka is not so strong as it seems, i thought he would do/say more when facing such strong opponent

Bisky is not doing much either
Mar 16, 2013 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
I love Gon and Killua's friendship! But I'm loving Killua (✿ ♥‿♥)
If I became a Hunter, I can catch all my family member and sell them for high price
Mar 19, 2013 10:52 PM
Aug 2011
Top notch episode.

d'aww Killua
That friendship though! :')
Mar 24, 2013 11:08 PM

Mar 2009
Gon's smile...

Man. Best shonen protagonist ever. Razor's ungodly power just motivates him even more.
Mar 28, 2013 12:40 PM
May 2007
I've had more than enough chills during this episode. I loved when Hisoka actually bended his body to avoid being hit, I could watch that all day ♥ That BGM used is one of my favorites, I'd love to hear more of the movie soundtracks in the upcoming episodes like "Escaping from the Wood".

Mar 30, 2013 5:17 PM

Apr 2012
Not_Biased said:
edungeon said:
If this isn't the best anime series going on right now,i don't know what could be. Epic.

naruto

anyway, this dodgeball game is saving the G.I arc, I didn't like the arc much except their training that was cool.

Hisoka is not so strong as it seems, i thought he would do/say more when facing such strong opponent

Bisky is not doing much either

Naruto is not the best anime...

And Bisky will show off her moves in a few episodes
Apr 16, 2013 2:00 PM

Jul 2009
HxH really does annihilate nearly every other shounen when it comes to writing.
Apr 20, 2013 12:03 AM

Jun 2009
So bad ass. Gon was awesome, Killua was awesome, Hisoka was awesome, Razor was awesome. Hell, Biscuit had a cool moment here as well.

Zell182 said:

As much as I have a soft spot for One Piece, I'm inclined to agree.
Ston3_FreeN7Apr 20, 2013 12:15 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2013 4:33 AM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
So bad ass. Gon was awesome, Killua was awesome, Hisoka was awesome, Razor was awesome. Hell, Biscuit had a cool moment here as well.

Zell182 said:

I think your just loving this show a little to much :P Which makes me really want to watch it, see im here judging and giving you advice on the series but i haven't seen the damn thing. But i have read the manga so based on that info i guess i can give you some info and i also glanced at some particular episodes in this arc, especially towards the end.

Yeah HXH has a high quality of writing and consistency in the story and since it nearly follows the manga perfectly and with great pacing, you can only expect the best of the best, just like FMAB or law of ueki. Some times this is the best way to release a shonen series, bleach is actually doing that now as well. They are going on hiatus for probably a few years which means the next series of bleach will probably be just leagues ahead of the first because the lack of all the fillers. I think this is how shonen's should really do it.

Also we were lucky enough to have madhouse pick up this anime, a studio that really strives upon high quality animation and often times in lots of shonen's we get very low budget production.

In the manga, gon is also a insane monster if you piss him off. Kind of reminds me of luffy later on. Just saying :p
ArtimesGamerApr 20, 2013 4:42 AM

Apr 20, 2013 2:12 PM

Mar 2012
insan3soldiern said:

Zell182 said:

True, true, but SnK is shonen and it's just as good, probably the only one out there at the moment.
End Zionazism
Apr 20, 2013 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
Mikasa said:
insan3soldiern said:

Zell182 said:

True, true, but SnK is shonen and it's just as good, probably the only one out there at the moment.

Shingeki no Kyojin? It's not really a battle shounen though is it? I have a hard time considering it one so far and I haven't read the manga and have only seen 2 episodes, so I can't really speak about it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2013 8:34 PM

Mar 2009
insan3soldiern said:

Zell182 said:

Yeah. Hunter x Hunter is slowly but surely overtaking One Piece for me.
Apr 20, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
Mormegil said:
insan3soldiern said:

Zell182 said:

Yeah. Hunter x Hunter is slowly but surely overtaking One Piece for me.

I want to favorite it, I really do. But, I'd rather wait until it gets into the Chimera Ant arc and I can see what I think of that. You know, because it seems to be kind of hit and miss for people.

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 21, 2013 9:26 AM

Jan 2010
Well, you have to consider that Togashi is a much more experienced fella than Oda. While One Piece is the first big shonen title for the latter, Hunter X Hunter is not. Togashi already had plenty of experience with Yu Yu Hakusho when it comes to long shonen series, and as far as I understand, he used Level E as a "training grounds" of sorts to experiment a bit with different ideas and concepts. So, when he started writting HxH, he already knew a lot of stuff. He also seems to be a guy that likes to play with shonen cliches and subvert them, while Oda embraces them, so their styles are very different.

I'm personally waiting for the Chimera Ants stuff too so I can decide whether or not I will favourite it.
From what I've heard of the arc and seeing how I have a tendency to choose the "I loved it" side when it comes to divisive series/arcs/events, then I'm quite sure I will enjoy it, but I can't say for certain.
Apr 21, 2013 9:36 AM

Mar 2012
Lynx_7 said:
Well, you have to consider that Togashi is a much more experienced fella than Oda. While One Piece is the first big shonen title for the latter, Hunter X Hunter is not. Togashi already had plenty of experience with Yu Yu Hakusho when it comes to long shonen series, and as far as I understand, he used Level E as a "training grounds" of sorts to experiment a bit with different ideas and concepts. So, when he started writting HxH, he already knew a lot of stuff. He also seems to be a guy that likes to play with shonen cliches and subvert them, while Oda embraces them, so their styles are very different.

I'm personally waiting for the Chimera Ants stuff too so I can decide whether or not I will favourite it.
From what I've heard of the arc and seeing how I have a tendency to choose the "I loved it" side when it comes to divisive series/arcs/events, then I'm quite sure I will enjoy it, but I can't say for certain.

Not an excuse. One Piece is longer than all of Togashi's works combined. So that gives him many chances to improve, but he kept repeating himself, not trying to add new ideas.
End Zionazism
Apr 21, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2010
Mikasa said:

Not an excuse. One Piece is longer than all of Togashi's works combined. So that gives him many chances to improve, but he kept repeating himself, not trying to add new ideas.

He did try new things, as can be observed in his Sabaody~Marineford period, which I personally consider his most prolific. He didn't follow the structure of previous arcs and spiced things up. I can't speak for Fishmen Island or the most recent arcs though since I have been stalling with the manga for such a long time.
Anyway, this isn't the most adequate place to be discussing about One Piece, so I'll just drop the subject.

I'm still debating whether or not I should read the manga first or wait for the anime to cover CA in its entirety. I like this adaptation a lot but I think the manga is better in some aspects. In fact, I'm not sure if I should watch GI's adaptation or read the manga, I just stumbled upon this topic because I enjoy reading the discussions, but I haven't actually watched it yet. lol
Since it's already over, was it better than the manga? Are they still using the lame tracks from the hunter exam arc? Or will I be getting the better experience reading the manga first?
Apr 21, 2013 10:02 AM

Oct 2008
Lynx_7 said:
Mikasa said:

He did try new things, as can be observed in his Sabaody~Marineford period, which I personally consider his most prolific. He didn't follow the structure of previous arcs and spiced things up. I can't speak for Fishmen Island or the most recent arcs though since I have been stalling with the manga for such a long time.
Anyway, this isn't the most adequate place to be discussing about One Piece, so I'll just drop the subject.

I'm still debating whether or not I should read the manga first or wait for the anime to cover CA in its entirety. I like this adaptation a lot but I think the manga is better in some aspects. In fact, I'm not sure if I should watch GI's adaptation or read the manga, I just stumbled upon this topic because I enjoy reading the discussions, but I haven't actually watched it yet. lol
Since it's already over, was it better than the manga? Are they still using the lame tracks from the hunter exam arc? Or will I be getting the better experience reading the manga first?

Despite being my favorite arc, CA has some pretty gnarly artistic issues throughout. The very beginning and about the midpoint of it, in particular, are pretty cringe-worthy. The volume-releases for the aforementioned sections are supposed to have gotten touch-ups and re-drawings from Togashi, but you'd have to end up buying those to get them. I've gotta say, I'd be excited at the prospect of being able to experience the CA arc again from the beginning with the crisp, clean, and defined visual style of the anime over the sporadic quality of Togashi. It's your call, however; I won't blame you when one of these weeks something crazy happens, and the wait becomes unbearable.
May 30, 2013 8:53 AM
Sep 2009
I'm probably the only one who wasn't touched by Gon's and Killua's friendship. While it is great that they trust each other so much, it does not kill the fact that Gon is knowingly, without any regrets destroying Killu's hands.
May 30, 2013 3:26 PM

Apr 2013
^ Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you but I can see what Gon what trying to say... It was still incredibly selfish on Gon's part and

May 30, 2013 4:22 PM

Apr 2012
insan3soldiern said:

Zell182 said:

I really enjoy One Piece but I wish they weren't so slow at moving the story along. But I guess patience will pay off.
May 31, 2013 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
I love killua and gon's friendship.:)
Jun 6, 2013 7:57 PM

May 2012
That bromance! When Killua caught the ball and was grimacing a little, I knew it that his hands are in bad condition already. But anyway, their trust to each other is just so admirable.
Aug 5, 2013 8:22 PM
Jul 2012
Holy fucking god, this episode is the best and yet the greatest episode ever!
I swear, this teamwork of Gon and Killua are the best duo ever. I bet that in the real world there will be no one like this team ever!
Love this episode so much!
That super power Gon just make just takes the whole power so much better than Naruto ever did! And that ost! Wow, I love it someone please tell me what is the song called? I love that one.
100/5
Aug 5, 2013 8:27 PM
Sep 2012
^ Emperor Time
Oct 22, 2013 9:53 AM

May 2013
Just rewatched this episode and damn this episode is soooo good. Gon was awesome, Razor was amazing, Hisoka, Killua and Bisky did their thing. I like the dodgeball match more than the final fight with the bombers.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Dec 11, 2013 4:26 AM

Oct 2012
Oh isn't that friendship so powerful? Aww... xD
I never watched a dodgeball game this epic
"Signature removed"
Jan 6, 2014 1:40 AM

Jul 2013
fuck... making that cool pose... with that badass power.. but the name... loool..

bromance baby!!
Jan 9, 2014 1:00 AM

Dec 2011
I love Gon and Killua's relationship, it's so cute

Feb 4, 2014 4:20 PM
Sep 2013
Them explanations. So many of them between every moves.
This shows can have great action without useless talk but sometimes it dives right back into it's shonen roots.. urg.

That whole dodge ball game is pretty boring. Hopefully it will end next episode.
Mar 6, 2014 11:23 PM

Dec 2012
cantius said:
Please let the next episode be the last in regards to this ridiculous dodgeball event. Please. I seriously hope i'm not the only person that felt his time being wasted from the Greed island Arc. I literally feel like I'm getting trolled here. Not to mention the lack of Phantom Troupe involvement.
This is a fucking joke. Literally.

Dude I think you will not enjoy anything after the Yorknew arc. Kurapika and the Phantom troupe story line is not gonna continue in any of the next arcs.

I can already see you disliking the Chimera Ant arc. The Greed Island and the Chimera ant arc are the two weakest ones in HxH imo.

The best advice I can give you, if you decide to continue with the series is that you should keep your expectations at a bare minimum and not let the hype and praise get to you.
Mar 6, 2014 11:28 PM

Jun 2009
@ cantius Yeah, I kind of agree with tsudecimo. Chimera Ant is far and away my favorite arc, but if you just want to see the Phantom Troupe you'll be pretty disappointed. Though they do have a small role in CA they are by no means a big part of it.

Though you kind of implied the Spiders are the main story line of sorts, when that isn't really the case at all. They are one of many sub plots, the series as a whole is more about Gon and Killua's adventures to find Ging.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 7, 2014 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
Well, I'm pretty confident he'll go back to the Troupe storyline at some point. He wouldn't have used them in Greed Island and Chimera Ant if he didn't plan on it. I think the idea was for them to be long term enemies. The problem, of course, is whether Togashi will actually get off of hiatus. But, yeah, I don't think he's skipping storylines or anything.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 7, 2014 1:12 AM

Oct 2013
@cantius I actually agree with tsudecimo and believe you should drop this if you aren't enjoying this. For me CA arc is my favorite, it definitely has some awesome villains but the whole arc is plot driven and character driven(even the unimportant ones are important and have lot of screen time). You could say it is more of a study to the human psyche first than anything else... so if you decide to watch it have your expectations low.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 7, 2014 1:26 AM

Jul 2013
..Back when I was watching the OVA, I was told that the dodgeball fight was "the best part of the arc."
My expectations had risen, but - nevertheless, I came into that part with a bit of a subdued outlook.
It ended up being one of my least favorite moments of the entire 1999 series. XD (It had such poor direction. I think the show's budget was pretty much gone by that point.)
I still somehow enjoyed the rest of G.I. back then, though.

On the other hand - in the 2011 adaptation, it's definitely one of my favorites.
GalekCMar 7, 2014 1:34 AM
Mar 7, 2014 2:39 AM

Dec 2012
Actually Togahi already knows what he is going to do with Kurapika and the troupe. At an interview he said they will both die. I'm in the crowd who would have preferred if he continued with Kurapika story line, since I honestly don't care for Gon. I also don't care for Killua to a lesser extent. And I fucking hate Ging guts. The Chimera ant was a complete waste of time and potential imo. It didn't belong to HxH at all, it felt out of place and I couldn't believe I was actually watching HxH and not a new generic shounen and it took him 5 years to finish it..

I think Togashi weakest point is the anti climaxes in his stories and fights but that might be on purpose for all I know. That and the overbearing exposition.
tsudecimoMar 7, 2014 2:43 AM
Mar 7, 2014 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
@ tsudecimo

My total disagreement when it comes to Chimera Ant (and Gon and Killua) aside, I think it was a bad move to post that about Kurapika and the Troupe. At best you could be spreading misinformation as Togashi could change his mind, at worst you could be spoiling an event years in advance.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 7, 2014 3:05 PM

Dec 2012
Misinformation? that what Togashi said in an interview to promote the Phantom rouge movie. I don't think that counts as a spoiler, when the author willingly states it on his own.
Mar 7, 2014 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
All I know is that regardless of Togashi saying it or not, some people may not want to know. It's one thing someone making a thread "Togashi reveals fate of chacters", which I believe is what was done then. It's quite another thing to go into a episode thread and getting blindsided by something like this.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Feb 2014
insan3Spectre said:
All I know is that regardless of Togashi saying it or not, some people may not want to know. It's one thing someone making a thread "Togashi reveals fate of chacters", which I believe is what was done then. It's quite another thing to go into a episode thread and getting blindsided by something like this.

Agree
Mar 7, 2014 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
Can't help but wonder how much more ground Kurapika's Phantom Troupe feud could've covered during all the time wasted on hiatus

*sighs*
Mar 7, 2014 4:33 PM

Jun 2009
gedata said:
Can't help but wonder how much more ground Kurapika's Phantom Troupe feud could've covered during all the time wasted on hiatus

*sighs*

The most depressing post award goes to you.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 18, 2014 8:26 PM
Aug 2013
This shonen besides fma, is the only shonen to use its power system outside fighting. Epic.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.