Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 9, 2013 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a fun little world. Looks like one of those worlds in a fantasy.

Lol @ the mushroom outfits. Cute. Mm, some of the creatures looks cute I guess. Geez, some of the creatures aren't friendly though imo like those huge black furballs. Nice song at the end. I enjoyed this episode.

Mar 9, 2013 9:46 AM

Sep 2009
Where can I watch the 10th episode?
Mar 9, 2013 11:25 AM

Jun 2011
*sobs* I cant watch the episode yet online ;A;
Oh yay its out, its out! Its in RAW but who gives a fuck I waited through HELL to watch this episode HELL!!
Rayn3698Mar 9, 2013 2:13 PM
Mar 9, 2013 2:17 PM

Feb 2008
It's actually turn out to be good, well it's all thanks to zodiac the creatures in that planet become like that, they are usually friendly.

All thanks to AKB songs that make them friendly and become friends with them.

Well, now Chieri try to convinced her father to stop doing this but I doubt really he will stop doing this whatever Nagisa follow Chieri.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 9, 2013 4:51 PM

Jan 2013
Blackbird said:

Well, now Chieri try to convinced her father to stop doing this but I doubt really he will stop doing this whatever Nagisa follow Chieri.

Probably he will force his daughter become center nova -_-
sigh..
Mar 9, 2013 5:24 PM
Jun 2012
Subs are out
Mar 9, 2013 5:41 PM
Mar 2012
Idols meet Pokemon
PKM48!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...

Insert Song one of my favorite Team K song <3

AKIGORI~

Mar 9, 2013 5:56 PM

Jan 2013
Since Nagisa declared she would become Center Nova, I was hoping she would get more screen time since she pretty much has been ignored for the whole season. But of course, another episode where she is still unimportant.

I liked the episode even though it felt like a complete filler. Song is good and the mushroom scene was funny.

Mar 9, 2013 6:12 PM

Apr 2009
The ending of the episode made me gasp even though I should have expected it. Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 9, 2013 6:48 PM

May 2012
Awesome episode was awesome. +1 for UHHOUHHOHO = 6/5.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 9, 2013 7:16 PM

Jul 2009
this was definitely the worst episode
Mar 9, 2013 7:31 PM

Feb 2013
leetshoe said:

how so
Mar 9, 2013 8:05 PM
Jul 2012
Now that's Kawamori for ya..
Mar 9, 2013 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
A Nagisa less centered episode.

At least we get a funny scene from Linda and a nice concert from Akigori
Mar 9, 2013 8:39 PM
Feb 2011
I knew exactly what song is going to be used this week since I saw AkiGori in the preview and the weird furball monsters were actually some kind of evolved gorillas.

I dont know why but every time I listened to the song, I just can't stop laughing.

Maybe because of
akbfan said:

I think therefore I am. Lulz☆彡
Mar 9, 2013 8:51 PM

Jul 2011
Aww those funghi were cute. Both young and adult ones.

and omg, i don't know what to expect from what will happen to Nagisa and Chieri.
it is most unlikely that he will listen to her. I've got a bad feeling. I just hope it's not too bad.

So Tsubasa-san felt a sensei-sensei when the dualum and the kirara energy merged.

Well ... I like how unpredictable this anime is. But then, at the same time it has me all anxious.
MoonXArtemisMar 9, 2013 8:55 PM
Mar 9, 2013 8:59 PM

Apr 2012
This was a pretty ridiculous episode. It had a Return of the Jedi meets J-pop vibe to it.
Mar 9, 2013 9:07 PM

Jul 2009
IAtePringles said:
leetshoe said:

how so

nothing really happened
girl with lemon on her head didn't show up

seemed kinda fillerish
Mar 9, 2013 9:30 PM
Jun 2008
-Ceris said:
Since Nagisa declared she would become Center Nova, I was hoping she would get more screen time since she pretty much has been ignored for the whole season. But of course, another episode where she is still unimportant.

I liked the episode even though it felt like a complete filler. Song is good and the mushroom scene was funny.
how can it be a filler if this isn't even based on a manga. they found out something useful while being stranded
Mar 9, 2013 9:34 PM
Jun 2008
leetshoe said:
IAtePringles said:
leetshoe said:

how so

nothing really happened
girl with lemon on her head didn't show up

seemed kinda fillerish
thats your opion
Mar 9, 2013 10:27 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty nice episode
Sensei-sensei is a crystal?
Can't wait for Chieri to slap her father's face XD
Mar 10, 2013 12:56 AM

Jan 2013
HanzoMittori said:
-Ceris said:

how can it be a filler if this isn't even based on a manga. they found out something useful while being stranded

I said felt. A majority of the episode felt like nothing happened. leetshoe below my post felt the same way. Not saying a bad episode, just a slower pace than the last two.

Mar 10, 2013 3:13 AM
Jan 2012
I agree with Ceris. It felt like a lot of nothing to get the two girls on the Zodiac ship. I was really excited after the attack on Akibastar. I thought stuff was really going to get deep into Zodiac and his plans, center nova, and how the girls being singers/idols connect to their power. I know they've been explained (somewhat, but I wanted some more action. I either need understudy drama, or some plot relevant action. And while that weird Funghi thing was cute, unless they're coming with them to the final battle, they took of 20 minutes of important episode time. It's not like there are a lot of episodes left in this season.
Mar 10, 2013 5:39 AM

Oct 2011
The Funghi were cute! The episode did feel a bit like a filler but I still really enjoyed it, plus Orine got a lot of screentime. Looking forward to Chieri's confrontation with her father next episode.
Mar 10, 2013 7:38 AM

Aug 2011
If I ever find myself in danger of being killed by an alien species I'm just going to sing Uhho Uhhoho, and it'll all be sweet.
Mar 10, 2013 8:57 AM
Aug 2009
Wow, what a shameless rip-off of Avatar, which itself was a rip-off of other films. It boggles my mind how this series has a near 8 rating on this site. *Sigh* I guess all you AKB fans ignore how utterly atrocious and ridiculous this series is.
Mar 10, 2013 9:07 AM

Mar 2008
HammersFan10 said:
Wow, what a shameless rip-off of Avatar, which itself was a rip-off of other films. It boggles my mind how this series has a near 8 rating on this site. *Sigh* I guess all you AKB fans ignore how utterly atrocious and ridiculous this series is.

It has an 8 rating because the show is unique and pretty darn good. Why not say why you think the series doesn't deserve it's rating rather than bashing it without reason?

That being said, initially I thought this episode was going to be filler to just repair the ship, turns out I was wrong. Using a mining material as a weapon is going to be interesting. Can't wait for the dualium idol inspired explosions that will occur in the episodes to come!
Mar 10, 2013 9:15 AM
Aug 2009
razisgosu said:
HammersFan10 said:

It has an 8 rating because the show is unique and pretty darn good. Why not say why you think the series doesn't deserve it's rating rather than bashing it without reason?

That being said, initially I thought this episode was going to be filler to just repair the ship, turns out I was wrong. Using a mining material as a weapon is going to be interesting. Can't wait for the dualium idol inspired explosions that will occur in the episodes to come!

Do you remember the 2nd or 3rd episode when one of the main characters was crushed under a chandelier? Please explain to me how she managed get up and walk away as if nothing had even happened. That's why this series is awful. Poor writing. This series is filled with happenings that don't make a lick of sense and take the piss out of the term 'suspension of disbelief'. There's only so much nonsensical bullshit I can take before I realise when a show is badly written.
HammersFan10Mar 10, 2013 9:25 AM
Mar 10, 2013 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
for a moment i was thinking that sayaka would become center nova ._.

it seems tsubasa want to make them all know how to charge dualium crystals lol
Lets have a lot of center novaes loool

Get a feeling that chieri will be arrested or exposed in some crazy lab or nagisa instead her :/
sigh..
Mar 10, 2013 9:40 AM

Oct 2012
huh , really interesting about the dualium reacting along with their singing and how this might be their chance to regain AKB , and un expected action by Cheri to go onto the Zodiac ship at the end

Mar 10, 2013 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
For some reason, why did I feel some Avatar vibe while watching this episode?
Visit my blog site for my own impressions about anime & other things: http://infonochikara.wordpress.com/
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/kaoru_kajiura
Subscribe on YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/KaoruKajiura
Mar 10, 2013 11:34 AM
Jun 2010
I'm surprised this episode got so many good ratings. This is one of my favorite series of the season and yet I found this episode beyond disappointing. Probably the worst episode of EITHER season in AKB.

Felt like absolute filler and this was probably the worst song they've done in the series. Whole concept of the episode was a bit bizarre. Hope they go back to their normal quality next week.
Mar 10, 2013 12:34 PM

Aug 2011
HammersFan10 said:

Yeah, that song and dance was ripped straight out of Avatar, it's downright disgraceful.
Mar 10, 2013 12:58 PM

Jul 2009
HammersFan10 said:

l hate AKB (the RL idol group). But love the show. First season was amazing
Mar 10, 2013 1:45 PM

Feb 2012
Too bad Nagisa's advice won't work, Mofufu was adorable but this episode wasn't a good follow up-
ZhouMar 10, 2013 1:56 PM
Mar 10, 2013 2:04 PM
Nov 2012
Have a problem?
Singing is the answer!
Best show of the season.

Also the Kibou ni Tsuite instrumental never fails to get me hype.
Mar 10, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2011
With three episodes left, how will Kawamori finish this? Will the understudies
become successors? Will they save the center Novae? Will they get Yuuko back?
Will Nagisa become Acchan? And Will there be some ultimate plot twist at the end where Sensei-sensei is actually Papa Cook?
Mar 10, 2013 7:54 PM

Mar 2010
Druggiest thing Kawamori has made since macross 7 and that says a lot
Mar 10, 2013 8:12 PM
Mar 2012
-Ceris said:

I said felt. A majority of the episode felt like nothing happened. leetshoe below my post felt the same way. Not saying a bad episode, just a slower pace than the last two.

Orine's Seiyuu, Nakaya Sayaka just graduated a few days ago to pursue a seiyuu path. The ep is probably dedicated to her hence the huge Orine focus.

Anyway I like how they set up a slower pace ep. If AKB just start attack DES now, it would feel to rushed. After the attack on their planet, they need time to recoup, come up with a plan blah blah all that stuffs.

HammersFan10 said:

Do you remember the 2nd or 3rd episode when one of the main characters was crushed under a chandelier? Please explain to me how she managed get up and walk away as if nothing had even happened. That's why this series is awful. Poor writing. This series is filled with happenings that don't make a lick of sense and take the piss out of the term 'suspension of disbelief'. There's only so much nonsensical bullshit I can take before I realise when a show is badly written.

Many people who watch this show aren't even AKB fan to begin with. They either dislike them or is neutral.

Yeah the chandelier part was SOOOO UNBELIEVABLE D:
And an alien with monkey tail brought back to life with the power of 7 dragon balls aren't?
Anime are chock full of protagonists recovering due to plot armor.

Avatar ripped off Pocahontas/Christopher Columbus. What's your point? The concept of this ep is so~ original apparently...

No one is making you watch it if you don't like it.
/end

akbfanMar 11, 2013 8:06 AM
Mar 10, 2013 10:53 PM

Jan 2013
Magito said:
With three episodes left, how will Kawamori finish this? Will the understudies
become successors? Will they save the center Novae? Will they get Yuuko back?
Will Nagisa become Acchan? And Will there be some ultimate plot twist at the end where Sensei-sensei is actually Papa Cook?

Best. Ending. Ever.

akbfan said:
-Ceris said:

Orine's Seiyuu, Nakaya Sayaka just graduated a few days ago to pursue a seiyuu path. The ep is probably dedicated to her hence the huge Orine focus.

Anyway I like how they set up a slower pace ep. If AKB just start attack DES now, it would feel to rushed. After the attack on their planet, they need time to recoup, come up with a plan blah blah all that stuffs.

I'd like to think it was a dedicated episode but don't they write the script for the episodes weeks in advance? Either way, the Orine focus works out perfect, just like Minami's line at the end of the last episode.

As for feeling rushed, with only 3 episodes remaining, if they don't pick up the pace, the ending will feel rushed, unless they release a season 3. Which would work, since they can name it "Final Stage"

I still want more Takamina screentime, her story is my favorite so far in the anime.

Mar 10, 2013 11:11 PM

May 2011
HammersFan10 said:

Lol @ poor writing. If this series was poorly written, I wouldn't be half as interested in the story as I would be now. The mistake you pointed out wasn't a result of bad writing, but a lack of attention to detail. It's a shame that this isn't your type of anime, hope you find one more appealing in the future.

mitch3315 said:
HammersFan10 said:

Yeah, that song and dance was ripped straight out of Avatar, it's downright disgraceful.

I'm not bothered by it so much. I still like how it was used.
Mar 11, 2013 1:12 AM

Nov 2010
leetshoe said:
HammersFan10 said:

l hate AKB (the RL idol group). But love the show. First season was amazing

LOL, you're living in a box, kids. Real AKB members are voicing this show.

And someone needs to go back to Dragonballs.

UHHO UHHOHO!
soulassassin547Mar 11, 2013 1:15 AM
I play, the haters lose.
Mar 11, 2013 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
kenshin_sama said:
HammersFan10 said:
Lol @ poor writing. If this series was poorly written, I wouldn't be half as interested in the story as I would be now. The mistake you pointed out wasn't a result of bad writing, but a lack of attention to detail. It's a shame that this isn't your type of anime, hope you find one more appealing in the future.
Agree with you Kenshin_sama. Quoting that chandelier thing as an example of bad writing is just laughable. The comment itself is awful and nonsensical bullshit, not the show. That scene has everything to do with attention to detail issue, and in fact I'd interpret that the character was caught in the debris but not herself hurt or injured, which is why she could get up and walk away. Criticizing a show for alleged 'poor writing' by nitpicking is just plain stupid.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 11, 2013 1:38 AM

Sep 2012
razisgosu said:
Yeah, at first I thought it is a filler episode (though 7th gen Snow Fungus got me quite a bit of laugh), then an Avatar episode, then it becomes an Okaro episode (AKB fans may know what I am talking about - anyway Okaro is the nickname for Sayaka) and then something else, as you said. With the revelation of the power of emotion/singing resonance with dualium (and the hint of link with sensei-sensei and kirara), as well as the new destination headed by Chieri and Nagisa, it really does not make sense to call this episode a filler episode.

I am most impressed by the fact that it uses a song that is entirely owned by Okaro/Sayaka (Uhoho) for the scene for AKB0048 members to fix the misunderstanding with the Mofufu creatures. The lyrics itself is about repairing friendship and empathizing with each other. Very fitting for that scene!

That said, I have to say that in terms of sakuga and animation, this episode is a bit on lazy side. Perhaps they used up lots of resource animating the previous episode.
symbvMar 11, 2013 1:53 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 11, 2013 4:52 AM

Jul 2011
I thought they were pokemon for a second
Mar 11, 2013 7:29 AM
Mar 2012
-Ceris said:

I'd like to think it was a dedicated episode but don't they write the script for the episodes weeks in advance? Either way, the Orine focus works out perfect, just like Minami's line at the end of the last episode.

As for feeling rushed, with only 3 episodes remaining, if they don't pick up the pace, the ending will feel rushed, unless they release a season 3. Which would work, since they can name it "Final Stage"

I still want more Takamina screentime, her story is my favorite so far in the anime.

Well members graduation are given notice weeks in advance before they actually make it public so it's possible.

They should just make a 3rd season
Tho I wonder if that's possible since 3 members are leaving and Karen's blog sound pretty definitive that the show is ending...
Mar 11, 2013 12:25 PM

Jan 2011
There are definitely clues for a third season, I really want that to happen. Or they can go the retard route and finish everything in 3 episodes.
This episode was pretty interesting, but it did lack depth. I wished they took their bloody time with this and made this more interesting.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 13, 2013 1:11 PM
Mar 15, 2013 1:19 PM

Sep 2009
this episode was nice.. but i want the story to focus more on nagisa.. 3 more episodes dude!! i feel like, this series needs to have a longer episodes.
Mar 15, 2013 8:32 PM

Mar 2013
It was nice to see Sayaka take some screen time, but I really hope that they will not rush the ending. This was somewhat done I think in Aquarion Evol and I didn't like how it was rushed like that, I do hope there's a season 3 or take the movie route they did with Macross Frontier. Either way 3 episodes isn't enough I hope it's not rushed and it doesn't go to manga, finish the series and do it well please.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

156 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:45 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 23, 2013

79 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 7:18 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

69 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 6:57 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2013

83 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.