3It was OK
27.0%
2Disliked it
5.4%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.0
37 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2008 6:37 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An OK ending for the spin-off, I suppose.

I must say this series simply fails in comparison with the Negima manga. I'm aware that this series serve an entirely different purpose, but overall a 5/10 from me. Worth of its underwhelming TV ratings, I suppose.
Dec 17, 2008 7:46 PM

Sep 2008
Has the episode been subbed yet? i can't find it. They seriously need to just release. The licensing can just go to hell. Not like we are gonna buy the DVD's.

Edit:
Sad, The whole series has been out for over 1 year and it's still not complete.
MasterJ633Dec 23, 2008 11:25 AM
Dec 21, 2008 3:22 PM

Jul 2008
MasterJ633 said:
Has the episode been subbed yet? i can't find it. They seriously need to just release. The licensing can just go to hell. Not like we are gonna buy the DVD's.

Searched like 2 week for it and didn't find anything so I watched it RAW. Understood most of the stock, so I guess my japanese is better than I tough even tough it was a mostly comedic episode without complicated stuff.

I haven't saw Mahou sensei Negima and I haven't read the manga so I'm not biased on this point, I enjoyed most of this anime except that the fight against the Star crystal was done too fast, would have been better if they had took the time and extended it one episode more.

I'll maybe check the manga, I have heard a lot of good about it, even tough I'm not fond of manga I'll probably give this one a try, afterall I'm still reading crap as Naruto and Bleach weekly T_T. Tough that will be after I saw the animate version of it.
Dec 23, 2008 8:53 PM

Nov 2008
They Didn't Subbed it Because When Episode 26 is Out, The English ( Dub Version ) is already Being Made and thats why they stop subbing it. Its not About the License. When The Dub Version of An Anime is being Made or Was Released, the Fansub Will Stop Subbing Them.
Well thats what i think.
Jan 2, 2009 12:23 PM

Apr 2008
So thats why there is a Bleach dub and people still subbing it?
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Jan 5, 2009 12:53 PM

Sep 2008
bloody-angel said:
They Didn't Subbed it Because When Episode 26 is Out, The English ( Dub Version ) is already Being Made and thats why they stop subbing it. Its not About the License. When The Dub Version of An Anime is being Made or Was Released, the Fansub Will Stop Subbing Them.
Well thats what i think.

That is bullshit. The dubs SUCK SOOOOOOO BAD!
They are Terrible!!!
Idk what they were thinking.

I did find these (Haven't dled them, just going by what they say:)
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/58631489/negima?tab=summary
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/58632241/negima?tab=summary

From what they say, they are episode 26 or Negima!? subbed in Spanish.
Since more people i would think know Spanish then Japanese, someone should translate them from the Spanish subs to English.
(If u made a sub file, we can just add it as a separate subtitle track through VLC, off of the RAW video.)
(This would save time since u wouldn't have to embed.)

It may not be exact but good enough to watch the episode.
Jan 12, 2009 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
I can't find it anywhere! It's so annoying =.=
When watching it in raw or some other language. I got annoyed b/c Negima!? is one of my fav animes.

Help? :(
Jan 18, 2009 8:18 PM

Dec 2008
I'm surprised no one has picked it up yet..same thing happened with Mahou Sensei Negima, until "Nameless" did the last two episodes -_-
Jan 20, 2009 12:37 PM

Apr 2008
I made big OMGROTFLWTF when I saw final episode on Tokyo Toshokan, delivered by Lance-HorribleSubs.
Quality is poor, subs aren't too great either and there is a bunch of "Funimation" logos - but it's better than nothing!

I'm still waiting for sparkingly polished subs from Mahora tough - as a collectioner (I hate watching anime subbed by different groups).
Jan 20, 2009 8:57 PM

Feb 2008
well it seems that this ep got subbed, but now i need the other 25 i did a somewhat deep search for them and i think i may have found them. if i did its only 23 eps tho. mohora subs are probably hidden somewhere cause i couldn't find any at all on this version of Negima.
Jan 22, 2009 4:05 PM

Sep 2008
For those still looking for it, I found Episode 26 Subbed in English.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/61889453/negima?tab=summary

It just finished downloading for me. I skimmed through it real quick and the subs are in English.
Even though the torrent is .mkv, the video is hard subs.
Jan 22, 2009 4:11 PM

Feb 2008
that was kinda crappy of his father not to see him after all that. maybe he wants to get him to become more independent...in a good way.

over all, a good show. it had some parallels to the original story and the comedy was amusing.

now to the OVAs.
Jan 23, 2009 12:29 PM

Sep 2008
kisami said:
that was kinda crappy of his father not to see him after all that. maybe he wants to get him to become more independent...in a good way.

over all, a good show. it had some parallels to the original story and the comedy was amusing.

now to the OVAs.

Yeah, sad his dad doesn't even want to see him. But the whole episode before that i lmao. They had the most random and stupid/funny things happen, like always.

I hope they do make a 3rd Season/Series after the:
Mahou Sensei Negima! OVA Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba OVA
is done.

I still haven't found the 2nd episode WITH English Subs. All i find is i think French subs.
Jan 26, 2009 7:57 PM

Jun 2007
Wow this series was one big waste of time. Mahou Sensei Negima was much much much better in my opinion.
Feb 11, 2009 12:46 AM

Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:
Wow this series was one big waste of time. Mahou Sensei Negima was much much much better in my opinion.
Mahou Sensei Negima sticks much closer to the manga, so maybe that's why. But Negima!? outdoes the first series in action and comedy, imo.

I can't believe I started watching this anime 1 year and 3 days ago! XD
Anyway, the final ep didn't have much closure, but if I remember correctly, Mahou Sensei Negima! was the same, too.
I'm gonna miss all the SHAFT & Akiyuki Shinbou-ness, but at least there’s still Tsubasa Ala Alba to look forward to.

Feb 16, 2009 10:50 PM

May 2008
MiKu214 said:
DeathfireD said:
Mahou Sensei Negima sticks much closer to the manga, so maybe that's why. But Negima!? outdoes the first series in action and comedy, imo.

I can't believe I started watching this anime 1 year and 3 days ago! XD
Anyway, the final ep didn't have much closure, but if I remember correctly, Mahou Sensei Negima! was the same, too.
I'm gonna miss all the SHAFT & Akiyuki Shinbou-ness, but at least there’s still Tsubasa Ala Alba to look forward to.
I agree it does make up in action and comedy. i started
watching it when it first started to Air. Watched both Raw and Subbed Versions.
over all it was a good Series.
Apr 1, 2009 5:22 PM
Sep 2008
the last 3 esp. felt like they said "we are sorry for the rest of the series". the last esp was ok and better than the rest of series.
May 18, 2009 6:30 AM

Nov 2008
i know.. that other people know about this, that FUNimation has the Sub and Dub Version for this.. you can watch them in Sub if you want..
Sep 28, 2009 8:08 PM
Jan 2009
so that's why kamie calls matsu daddy. he resembles her dog. lol. good series for laughs and its randomness( and references too)
Nov 17, 2009 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
Not a bad ending to a spin off. Original Mahou Sensei Negima was better IMO though. Last few episodes was worth the wading through tons of filler comedy episodes. I liked the final episodes. Fillers, not so much.
brinanNov 17, 2009 6:23 PM
Apr 15, 2011 1:31 PM

Apr 2010
Loved the show, the characters and personally one of my favorite dubs. Could have had a better ending though but still one of my all time most enjoyable series
Apr 18, 2011 1:28 AM

Nov 2009
Even if this episode had a weak ending which could of been better and most of the episodes was going off the plot, I still really enjoyed this series a lot and I mean that in a good way. :P
Apr 24, 2011 7:02 PM

Jul 2008
Love this! In a way.
Jun 1, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
kisami said:

now to the OVAs.

Seriously.. he has the worst father...

Frankly, I have to chalk his adoration of his father up to a typical Japanese lack of understanding of other cultures. No offense intended, and apologies to anyone offended, but I can't think of another culture where a child wouldn't absolutely despise such a deadbeat dad...
Jul 7, 2012 12:25 AM

Jul 2008
They should have followed the manga, for me this anime was a complete waste of time. 5/10
Jan 12, 2014 11:22 PM
May 2013
It was bad and the creators should feel bad.
Aug 11, 2014 8:07 AM

Mar 2014
Farewells to Chupacabra !!
The Search for the Thousand master !!
Full class transformation !!!
I love their Statistical cards !! really looks like playing a game !!!
Ojou-sama is so CUTE ~~ !!!
Magnifying future troubles !! de gozaru !!
Nodoka is so fvking CUTE too !!!
The Cheerleaders looks cool ~ !!
Bag full of desires !!
Lab maids !!
Pork bun noodles !! .. I hope this is not toxic as before .. rather Don't make it poisonous !!
Secchan really enjoying herself !!
The Truth about makie's "father" !! .. it was astonishingly weird but I got the point !!
Linchou is so beautiful !!
Scents by the lakeside !!
That was pretty emotional for negi .. better take your father's advice !! .. work hard !!
Ganbatte !!
Very great episode !!!

Definitely , One of the best Harem/comedy/action anime I ever seen !!! .. I wish for more animes like this and remakes in the future !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2017 7:03 PM

Dec 2013
We finally got to learn why Makie calls that thing "Daddy"

Not surprised that Negi never got to see his father in the end.

Overall meh anime.
Dec 22, 2017 8:04 AM

Sep 2012
Negi u were so close & yet so far

she didn't mean it like Daddy Daddy she meant pet name Daddy (green potato got hes heart broken) lol
Feb 17, 2018 9:02 PM

May 2012
As expected, this was more a random episode rather than the ending we got in the previous episode! Still pretty nice though and I do wonder what both OVA's have to offer!

All in all, this Shaft adaptation of Negima is quite different than the original, and you sure have both your fanboys and your haters, but I personally have some mixed feelings about some aspects of this adaptation.

In general the pacing felt a bit off and it took me way longer to actually finish this season than the original adaptation as a whole. So yea that does say a lot as well.

All in all I did enjoy it, but it was still a bit too different than the original adaptation.
Feb 21, 2018 6:36 PM

May 2010
I don't know why anyone would want this to follow the manga more. The first series already gave the manga a proper adaption, so there's no longer any need for this one to!

I do feel like this anime fell flat quite often, but it sure was interesting and memorable.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 21, 2018 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
It was nice seeing a lot of them in cosplays, especially the class rep looked incredibly hot. In the end Negi's father didn't appear after all.

Overall much better than the Xebec adaption in pretty much every way. 7/10

Now to watch the OVAs :3
Apr 12, 2022 1:47 PM

Nov 2010
I had to pause so much. Those stats were cool. So, cosplay and armors share similar stats. Damn, Chisame's stats are godlike, she's definitely a cheat engine user like myself. lol

Evangeline's cosplay mode is super cute!

Yuna is still such a wehraboo/Germanophile. lol

Overall, it's better than the 2005 ver. both in plot and artistic way. It's too bad the plot stalled for too long in the middle. It could've been better. 7/10
Apr 3, 2023 7:06 PM
Mar 2014
the ecchi tag for this and the 2005 series is incorrect
definitely a harem, but nothing in this show qualifies it as "Ecchi" 
i demand change 

More topics from this board

» Why does Makie keep getting abused so much?

MattDeRac - Apr 15

1 by Notshane »»
Apr 15, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Negima!? Episode 1 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 25, 2009

13 by Clojoe2611 »»
Jan 21, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Negima!? Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 29, 2009

12 by Gvendoline »»
Aug 2, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Negima!? Episode 6 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 15, 2009

13 by Gvendoline »»
May 30, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Negima!? Episode 4 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 2, 2009

11 by Gvendoline »»
May 25, 2023 11:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.