Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (26) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Mar 6, 2013 5:15 PM

Have you ever come across a character in a series that you have genuinely hated, not just found annoying but have actually bared a sense of genuine hatred towards. Please explain one way or the other don't just list characters.

Mar 6, 2013 5:17 PM
King Hamdo from Now and Then, Here and There was one of the first villains from an Anime to piss me off.

Mar 6, 2013 5:19 PM
Priscilla from Claymore
Griffith from Berserk
Yozora from Bokutomo

Smug invincible villains and bullies aren't my type of thing.

Though there is a fine line between magnificent bastards like Aizen and smug bastards like Griffith, but there is a line.

Mar 6, 2013 5:28 PM

I've hated Sasuke Uchiha and Shinji Ikari. Not sure if I still hate Shinji, but I definitely did at some parts. Sasuke's intolerable becuase he just makes all the wrong choices and he's has a shitty personality, long story short. Shinji frustrated me to no ends.. he's so wishy-washy, cowardly, and down right annoying.. I hated it. Besides Holden Caulfield, I don't think I've ever disliked the protagonist of a work of fiction so much.

Mar 6, 2013 5:31 PM

uzu-dragons said:
I've hated Sasuke Uchiha and Shinji Ikari. Not sure if I still hate Shinji, but I definitely did at some parts. Sasuke's intolerable becuase he just makes all the wrong choices and he's has a shitty personality, long story short. Shinji frustrated me to no ends.. he's so wishy-washy, cowardly, and down right annoying.. I hated it. Besides Holden Caulfield, I don't think I've ever disliked the protagonist of a work of fiction so much.

However your hate just proves the characters were written well, since that was their intent any way.

For me it would be Matoko from School Days, at least he got what he deserved at the end.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.

Mar 6, 2013 5:31 PM

uzu-dragons said:

Mar 6, 2013 5:32 PM
uzu-dragons said:
Shinji frustrated me to no ends.. he's so wishy-washy, cowardly, and down right annoying.. I hated it. .

Mar 6, 2013 5:34 PM

Original reason for bringing this up was my reaction to Sugou from SAO, that character had to be one of the most despicable beings I've seen in a very long while.

Mar 6, 2013 5:35 PM

Makato Itou, Nina Einstein, and as slowly becoming apparent, the cast of OreShura.

Mar 6, 2013 5:36 PM

Haruna from Zombie.
Mikuru Asahina from Haruhi
Yoshida from SNS (Season I and II not III)
Kanna from Waiting in the Summer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 6, 2013 5:36 PM

If you've seen Mai Otome, you probably know that I'm talking about Arika. She might be less annoying in the subbed version, but I watched the dubbed version. She was just annoying and unlikable, her 'cuteness' was just obnoxious. Unlike Mai from the parent show Mai Hime who was kind and likable Arika was the opposite. Ariika was annoying in numerous ways, in action scenes she'd always say some corny line. Her jokes weren't even remotely funny, and she's like a loli in a harem,ANNOYING AS HELL. If she wasn't so narcissistic, maybe she'd be likable, doubtful. I have to say I wanted another character to go School Days on her ass and cut her up, much more fulfilling ending for me.

Mar 6, 2013 5:37 PM

Neane1993 said:
King Hamdo from Now and Then, Here and There was one of the first villains from an Anime to piss me off.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 6, 2013 5:37 PM
Haha, of course! For example, I've recently picked back up on the Dragon Ball saga (on a journey to re-watch it), and I remember why I hated Bulma so much.

Her character brings NOTHING to the show and her personality is just stupid. Annoying, selfish, obnoxious, self centered punk who isn't even supposed to be a villain. I know she gets better as the series continues, but that's just one character I absolutely hate and wish died so I don't have to see her face anymore. ._.
I haven't found a really good anime in a really long time. :(

Mar 6, 2013 5:38 PM

Shinji, and maybe Haruhi.

Mar 6, 2013 5:41 PM

Neane1993 said:
uzu-dragons said:
Shinji frustrated me to no ends.. he's so wishy-washy, cowardly, and down right annoying.. I hated it. .

Epic vid is epic

But yeah...
Makoto from school days, genuine hate..
the shitty villains from SAO and tobi (Naruto); they just have the stupidest reasons (or well no reason) to do what they do.

Mar 6, 2013 5:42 PM

MEanimaniac1 said:
If you've seen Mai Otome, you probably know that I'm talking about Arika. She might be less annoying in the subbed version, but I watched the dubbed version. She was just annoying and unlikable, her 'cuteness' was just obnoxious. Unlike Mai from the parent show Mai Hime who was kind and likable Arika was the opposite. Ariika was annoying in numerous ways, in action scenes she'd always say some corny line. Her jokes weren't even remotely funny, and she's like a loli in a harem,ANNOYING AS HELL. If she wasn't so narcissistic, maybe she'd be likable, doubtful. I have to say I wanted another character to go School Days on her ass and cut her up, much more fulfilling ending for me.

Like a loli in a harem? Not sure what you mean by that, since she wasn't part of a harem and her personality was fairly developed, well, much more developed than the standard harem girl would be.

Narcissistic? Well, I watched the subs so for all I know they might have made her a different person in the dubs, but that strikes me as unlikely. Wasn't she just the standard naive but courageous girl?

Mar 6, 2013 5:44 PM

All the characters from Mon suel.

Worst manga in the history of manga(and anime if it ever got an anime)
Worst characters in the history of fiction.
Worst everything in the history of anything.
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Mar 6, 2013 5:46 PM

Rocky from Claymore. Have you ever seen a useless character? His entire existence was unnecessary. Plus, I watched the dub, and his dubbed voice pissed me off. I was actually hoping his character would die. :O

Otsu from Gintama. The episodes with her ruined it for me. I couldn't stand her personality or anything about her character. When Shinpachi would cheer her on, I started hating Shinpachi. Hahaha..
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

Mar 6, 2013 5:56 PM

Dunno, maybe this bitch

Mar 6, 2013 5:58 PM

The 11 Planetary Masters of Sol from GaoGaiGar FINAL are easily my least favorite anime characters, especially:
-Palparepa, who takes pleasure in assaulting Guy and corrupts the Gutsy Geoid Guard.
-Pillnus, who tortured Renais
-And Palus Abel, who took control of Arma and used him to shut down the J-Jewel.

In addition, they have no personality or redeeming qualities, and they made things a lot darker and more depressing. Seriously, Gimlet and Repli-Mamoru in the first two episodes were cooler.

Mar 6, 2013 5:59 PM

That evil kid from Accel World...

Mar 6, 2013 6:06 PM
SamuraiSnap said:
That evil kid from Accel World...
They did a great job getting people to hate him.

Mar 6, 2013 6:13 PM

I legitimately find it hard to hate a character. Even if I don't really like them there's always something about them that I find redeeming. I mean at first I found myself really disliking Kyousuke Kamijou from Madoka but even then it's hard, since he really didn't know what was going on with Sayaka at the time.

Mar 6, 2013 6:20 PM

i'm only 8 episodes into Steins Gate but i'm really hating Ruka. i'm not really against transgender characters in anime, but when they feel totally superfluous and are the main source of fan-service it gets very irritating.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.

Mar 6, 2013 6:24 PM

In Shiki

Mar 6, 2013 6:34 PM
Flay from Gundam Seed

Mar 6, 2013 6:36 PM

its hard to not hate the other girl in a love triangle when its poorly done, which sadly is quite often

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 6, 2013 6:38 PM

Manami Tamura

Mar 6, 2013 6:39 PM

Jauregui said:
Dunno, maybe this bitch

Ayase smexy,

Mar 6, 2013 6:42 PM

well i didnt necessarily hate a character but she annoyed the hell out of me... it was murmur from mirai nikki my god i just wanted to punch her in the face idk what made me dislike her but i just didnt like her

Mar 6, 2013 6:52 PM
Irie Naoki from Itazura na Kiss. He is an asshole to all people and especially the one person who loves without exception...

Unacceptable.

Mar 6, 2013 6:54 PM
uzu-dragons said:

I love sasuke. Although it's true that he makes wrong choices, he has good reasons for it(good reasons in his mind at least)

Mar 6, 2013 7:18 PM
gigglingidiot said:
Rocky from Claymore. Have you ever seen a useless character? His entire existence was unnecessary. Plus, I watched the dub, and his dubbed voice pissed me off. I was actually hoping his character would die. :O

Yea that's totally the case with me too, he's just weak and whiny and was so damn lucky! kept hoping for his demise!

Also i guess i really hated Griffiths from Berserk

Mar 6, 2013 7:24 PM

OH MA SHOE!!!! Couldn't stand the guy, had no redeeming qualities and never learned from his mistakes

Mar 6, 2013 7:30 PM

Haru from Tsuritama ruined the show for me.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Mar 6, 2013 7:32 PM

If the author/director intent for the audience to dislike a character; to send a message like an Aesop, then it is good/decent writing I guess.

However, it can also be the results as poor writing as well. Which means that the character is hated for the sake of hating.

The key is consistency writing in my opinion.

Mar 6, 2013 7:38 PM

Minorin from Toradora. I dont know why, I guess i found her overly optimistic personality way too annoying.

Mar 6, 2013 7:42 PM

Mar 6, 2013 7:55 PM

Kurisu's dad in Steins;Gate came real close.
But, without much backstory, I can't find myself to genuinely hate him.

Loiuse from The Familiar of Zero also came real close, but Saito's stupidity made me distribute the frustration between them.

I don't think I'll ever legitimately hate a character.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.

Mar 6, 2013 8:18 PM

gamer2710 said:
Kurisu's dad in Steins;Gate came real close.
But, without much backstory, I can't find myself to genuinely hate him.

He was the real mado saientisuto.

Mar 6, 2013 8:46 PM

the only character who i really hated was raki from claymore and that is because he is a whiny bitch
RRRRRRRRRR

Mar 6, 2013 8:57 PM

Some do annoy me like no others in the past.

But I don't think I ever genuinely hated a character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 6, 2013 9:14 PM

Kirei Kotomine: I don't think I've ever hated a villain in an anime, in fact I like or at least can stand most villains in any anime, but this guy is on some next level of pure evil. Everything he does from the way he speaks to the actions he makes, it's so unbearable for me.

Mar 6, 2013 9:54 PM

Hybridbloodszak said:
OH MA SHOE!!!! Couldn't stand the guy, had no redeeming qualities and never learned from his mistakes

Not this again. How did he not learn from his mistakes?

OT; Only one occasion for me so far. In Shinsekai Yori, episode 14.

Mar 6, 2013 10:05 PM

That faggot suzaka from code geass i never ever hated a character in any story like him. i completely hate and despise him.
That senpai character from welcome to NHK is a close second....

Mar 6, 2013 10:38 PM

One character who comes to mind is the ghost husband (not going to bother looking up his name) from Natsuyuki Rendezvous. He was such an asshole. I would say that I wish he was dead but...

Mar 6, 2013 11:10 PM

Sugou Nobuyuki AKA Fairy King Oberon from Sword Art Online.
Such a creep, how dare he take advantage of Asuna! :/
I was legitimately pissed off at him during the 2nd half of SAO.

Mar 6, 2013 11:42 PM

yhunata said:

Not this again. How did he not learn from his mistakes?
>Shoe
>Realistic
Pick one.
He turned from beta to Hitler to Jesus. I don't hate him, but he's probably one of the most inconsistent characters I've ever encountered

Also I don't understand why people hate Sugou. He's so comically over the top and poorly written that it's impossible to take him seriously as a villain let alone hate him. I mean, you got geniunely angry at a villain who drinks the tears of teenage girls, has no explanation for why he's evil, screams like a pussy and does all this while wearing a stylish butterfly outfit?

Mar 6, 2013 11:57 PM

I haven't genuinely hated a character before.
But many characters in various shows have failed to peak my interest and I end up ignoring them.

Pages (26) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »