Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 27, 2014 10:56 PM

Feb 2011
I got a baaaaaaaaaaad feeling about where this is headed... It felt a little "rapey" when Taiga started saying that she should just pretend that it's something good and it'll be okay... Not to say that it's what's happened and or will happen, more like emotional rape. =/
Mar 30, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2012
i am starting to see why this anime is ranked so high
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 19, 2014 5:59 AM
Jan 2012
I have a feeling Taiga's father will disappoint her again somehow.

The best thing about this episode was Ryuuji showing a bit of his true feelings towards his deceased father, for the first time.
Jun 26, 2014 10:36 AM

Dec 2013
Meh episode, Taiga was more annoying than ever
Aug 27, 2014 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
I'm hoping that the missing piece doesn't involve abuse and that Ryuuji isn't ignorantly pushing Taiga towards it.
Oct 18, 2014 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
I see the drama is ramping up with Taiga and Ryuuji having problems at home as well at school.

I'd take you teacher :/
Oct 19, 2014 2:54 AM

Sep 2014
So after 11 agonizing episodes of watching this pathetic sap of a man get abused and bossed around by some annoying shrimp, he finally takes control of the situation and calls her out on her bullshit.... And then he immediately backs down and says he's sorry.

I hate you Ryuuji. I hate you so fucking much.

At this point, I can already guess that he's not going to end up with the pink haired girl. It's obvious that she's been trying to avoid him by brushing away his questions and I can totally understand why.
Oct 31, 2014 11:15 AM
Nov 2013
Only complain may be that the encounter with her father is too short. But then again, this show is focused more on romance and less on family anw
Nov 18, 2014 6:27 AM

Jan 2013
Great, no cosplay café, no haunted house, something new.
Can't wait to see how it will turn out.
Jan 2, 2015 11:08 PM

Sep 2014
Oh dear, poor Yuri-chan sensei. I have a feeling that's going to be me in seven years. >_<

DEATHHH @ Taigan kicking her dad in the groin.
Mar 11, 2015 5:47 AM

Aug 2014
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
Lol at Kushieda's nose bleed over the idea of a haunted house.
sniW said:
She's still got a long way to go before she can even touch the Nosebleed Queen~

xAmaterasu said:
I understand how Taiga feels, it was sweet though when she went because she didn't want to see Ryuuji sad like that.
Finally, some genuine dere from Taiga. I think he needed it, too.
asdasdasdasdas said:
Oh man doesnt this mean taiga will eventually move to wherever her dad is living?
minouneetzoe said:
Also, is he gonna go to her appartement or will she move out with him to another place?
Again one post answers another without intending to/realizing it. It always amuses me when that happens.
SaveTheAralSea said:
Oh dear, poor Yuri-chan sensei. I have a feeling that's going to be me in seven years. >_<
Dunno why she's having such a problem. Unless there's some real issues that don't stem from her being single, I'd take her.
DEATHHH @ Taigan kicking her dad in the groin.
Even Ryūji cringed. I think that's all that needs to be said.

I have an unusual view of family, so I sympathized a lot more with Taiga than with her dad. However, for now I'm taking him at face value; there's no evidence (aside from his new wife being young, which is pretty flimsy) that he's a player or anything, so right now the only thing I'd bitch him out for is being that ready to divorce her, and even then there may be other things going on that we don't know about.

And let's face it: Taiga is pretty overbearing a lot of the time. I can easily understand both of them wanting to be shot of the other.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Mar 11, 2015 5:59 AM

Nov 2014
It bothers me that some people are so negative towards this series or the characters in general. if you don't like it, why the fuck are you watching it?
Anyhow moving on.

I think I understand where Taiga and both are coming from. Like Ryuji,

A personal experience :

my family has never been a big part o my life. And tbh they never will be. Hell, I didn't even have a mom either, BUT family is who you make of it. To fill the void of a father/mother I studied harder, read a lot of books. I envied the few friends i had that were part of a normal family with a mother/father/sisters/brothers etc. But, I did eventually meet a friend who's mom even said that I could call her mom. she would always check up on me. I did homework at their house, ate dinner with them and sometimes even did family get together type things. It made me feel like i was part of something wonderful.

Taiga, on the other hand, I can understand where her anger is generated from. It is from both the father and the stepmother Yuu. if yuu can't accept taiga or accept, her as even family then, feel that taiga did the right thing by moving out. Yuu basically pushed Taiga out,perhaps to start preparing for a family of her own with Taiga's father. I understand that she hates her father, I think this brought her and Ryuji even closer together.She went to her father because she didn't want to see the person she loves the most, sad or upset. That is love. Even Taiga's father has said that there is something going on between the two of them.

Minori's nosebleed. It's reminding me of something from yuru yuri. And the fact that she continues to brush of Ryujii each time he asks her about the UFO. it's as if she knows that Taiga needs him, therefore why would she want to split the two of the apart. That is a good friend. Minorin is so rare.
LadyDisraeliMar 11, 2015 6:17 AM
Apr 23, 2015 4:38 PM

Jun 2014
the locker room scene: the one guy that is still half naked is the only one facing the wrong way in the back of the room. whats he doing, masturbating back there? oh, no, its just kitamura of course.

when they said the festival would be a competition between classes and the prizes were announced, i laughed really loud when everyone was disappointed.

LOL that nut shot
May 12, 2015 1:42 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
This ending was rather surprising

May 17, 2015 11:02 PM

Oct 2013
Taiga's father had better be a child-beating douchecannon for her to have such seething hostility towards him, 'cause otherwise she has taken her ungrateful bitchiness to soaring new heights.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 17, 2015 11:02 PM

Jan 2014
Kushieda gangsta pirate style
Sep 6, 2015 4:41 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, I really don't get Kushieda anymore. I mean, is she making herself dumb intentionally? Or is she simply not interested in him? Because it seems she is dodging his attempts pretty much everytime.

I was expecting his words about his deceased father would be used to convince Taiga since beginning of this episode, it was too obvious they'll go this way. But I guess he don't realize what their reconciliation truly means - that she would have to leave her cozy little flat next to him (that's why she resisted).

Incoming drama in next episode.
Nov 16, 2015 10:07 AM
Nov 2015
its about time he snapped. An emotion getter for me
Dec 9, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2014
This was a tense episode, I really want to know what has made Taiga feel so much hostility for her dad.
Dec 17, 2015 2:40 PM
Jul 2014
I can't believe she kicked her father in the balls!?! Isn't Japan all about respecting elders, especially parents?!? Guess not, lol...
Jun 23, 2016 3:07 PM
Mar 2015
Wasabi said:
sniW said:

Oh, actually it seems like that person is one of the teachers:

[center]

He's a student in Ryuuji's class but is one of the students also in charge of the cultural festival.
slayer545-sama said:
Is he Ami's brother?

How misinformed are you people? He's been there since the beginning of the show. If he were her brother, then they would've made significant reference to it already. Not to mention he's one of those male students who faps to Ami every night.

This was an ok episode. Plenty of development on Taiga's part. It's nice to see the less known supporting cast get some decent screentime. Yuri-chan is just lulz. We need to see more of her.[/center]

I kinda don't blame that one guy who thought the dude's Ami's brother. We have like THREE people in this school who are blue haired, blue eyed. I knew he wasn't her brother, but I don't blame the guy.
Jun 23, 2016 3:12 PM
Mar 2015
I don't blame Ryuji for getting on to Taiga with her father problems. Here she is, wishing her father was dead and calling him a bastard. Ryuji just wants her to get along with her dad.

After all, he never has received a chance to talk to his...
Jun 28, 2016 12:23 PM
Mar 2016
I really feel Taiga doesn't want to leave Ryuuji for other reasons now. While she did complain about abandonment, I feel her feelings toward Ryuugi are evolving from platonic to more romantic.

At this point, it just seems as if these feelings are bits of confusion and appreciation for one another. Taiga really demonstrated what when Ryuuji was about to display emotions of sadness, she wanted to do what he wanted because she'd feel bad if he felt upset over something she did.

I might be feeding too much into this, but those are my thoughts. Only time will tell
Oct 5, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
the teacher is so random lel xd
Oct 31, 2016 3:37 PM

Jan 2016
Her dad better be a fuckin pedophile for her to kick him in the balls like that. You never kick a man in the balls bitch.
Nov 24, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2015

Wow, I don't know what to say. Each of them have their issues with their fathers but I don't know... Ryuuji shouldn't get too much into her business, more if he knows nothing about what really happened.

Let's see how it goes.
Dec 26, 2016 10:13 PM

Jul 2016
Lolita uniforms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) oh Takasu you are singing to the choir!!
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 8, 2017 3:35 AM

Feb 2013
I don't have any confidence in that father, she left his daughter all alone and he wants to live with her now, I think that is lame.
And that play is awful, I don't like seeing Ami being the heroine and Taiga the evil one, when it should be ther other way around.
Sep 11, 2017 11:16 AM

Feb 2015
*Kicks dad in the balls*

*1 minute later*

*Dad forgets about it*
Sep 18, 2017 4:03 AM

Jun 2016
Never mind. I'm dropping this show and not even Kushieda can convince me to continue watching this. My spiritual ability (lmao) can't handle the cliche of this show. Ugh.

4/10

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 21, 2017 9:27 AM

May 2016
I still don't love Taiga tbh she pisses me off.
Feb 11, 2018 3:34 AM

Sep 2017
Obviously Taiga's Dad is much more of an asshole than he let on to Ryuuji, and Ryuuji is being a bit dumb trying to force Taiga to give the guy a chance when he only met him for 5 minutes and knows nothing about him.
Feb 18, 2018 12:26 AM
Dec 2017
Ryuuji mixed up with his personal problem about the way he felt his father!! so he try to fix Aisaka's problem... really something cool happen.. the way of his feeling
Oct 7, 2018 1:54 PM

Nov 2011
I find it amusing that everyone assumes the worst of the dad. It’s possible he genuinely wants to make things right, too, you know. Either way I don’t blame Taiga for being emotionally charged about it, though.

Ryuugi was overstepping his bounds a bit imo since he doesn’t know the full situation. I know he’s trying to help, but literally anything could have happened, we have no idea what and neither does he.

Great episode.
Dec 13, 2018 3:51 PM

Feb 2017
I never liked Taiga, she's annoying as f-
May 3, 2019 5:18 PM

Aug 2017
Oh, family issues.

So it looks like Ryuuji doesn’t know the full situation.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2019 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
Ryuuji shouldn't get too much into her business, more if he knows nothing about what really happened, that's selfish its about how he feels i mean he putting hes nose in to it cause he lost hes father

notsomacho said:
So after 11 agonizing episodes of watching this pathetic sap of a man get abused and bossed around by some annoying shrimp, he finally takes control of the situation and calls her out on her bullshit.... And then he immediately backs down and says he's sorry.

I hate you Ryuuji. I hate you so fucking much.

At this point, I can already guess that he's not going to end up with the pink haired girl. It's obvious that she's been trying to avoid him by brushing away his questions and I can totally understand why.

ryu backed down cause he so hes being hypocrit doing it not for Taiga but for himself for hes selfish feelings about loosing hes father without knowing awrything about her family situation
Sugram22Jun 2, 2019 6:31 AM
Jun 7, 2019 1:27 AM
Apr 2019
Best episode so far.

I felt like Ryuuji needed to step over his boundaries.

Taiga is being so quiet about everything in her life.

Like you can't ask him to get and get the money and meet your father without at least getting a chance to hear out the conversation.

+1 for actually speaking up to Taiga this time and not being a pussy.
Nov 27, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2013
Taiga was x-tra annoying again in this episode, need more Ami and Miyorin.
Dec 17, 2019 4:11 AM

Dec 2016
Dat nosebleed! Kushieda will have to wait for Halloween for the Haunted House ;)

That kick was too much ^^; does Taiga have to do that to her own father and treat him like trash?? Ryuuji tamed the ferocious tiger too easily XD at least Taiga changed a little after arguing with Ryuuji and that's a good thing :)

Nice episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 2, 2020 9:08 PM

Aug 2014
that part with father is deep.

umu.

but how could he not go with majority vote?!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there goes a fanservice episode..... ;((((((
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 19, 2020 4:36 PM

Dec 2016
finally, a good bit of drama, and earned for once. that interaction between taiga and ryuuji was satisfactory and i hope things can improve a little here on out.
Oct 15, 2020 1:04 PM

Feb 2020
I'm still not fond of Taiga for multiple reasons, but this episode made her grow a bit on me. Most of what happened is something I already figured out in the early episodes, but it's the way she reacted to Ryuuji breaking that made me see her in a new light. I'm worried about her though, it is pretty clear that her father isn't who Ryuuji thinks he is.
Speaking of Ryuuji, this episode also made me see him differently. At first I was starting to get mad at him for naively forcing Taiga into seeing her father, but now it actually makes sense and gives him some good depth. I'm curious to seee how things will evolve now that we really seem to have reached the drama part of the show.
FafetteOct 15, 2020 1:12 PM
Jan 31, 2021 10:28 AM
Feb 2020
As someone with an emotionally and verbally abusive father, I felt like I was on Taiga's side. Even if her father turns out to be a good person in the later episodes, this one gave me some red flags. Any abusive parent can be good in public, but in private they can do horrible things. Saying that all parents should be given the benefit of doubt, no matter where it is coming from, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The fact that Taiga's dad took out all of her money from her bank account makes me think that he is truly abusive, and it makes me a little disgusted that Ryuuji didn't address this when he was talking to her dad.

As for the Culture Festival, I have no idea what's going on, lol.
Mar 8, 2021 7:16 PM
Jan 2020
Taiga’s dad has come back for her. Apparently Ryuji wants her to go and does not want her to go at the same time.
Jun 23, 2021 8:32 AM

Jun 2020
Glad to be back at school and a big event is ahead of them that could be entertaining

Wait so Taiga's dad is coming for her after all this time took him long enough he seems like a wealthy man just by the looks of him

A lot of emotions at the end almost ended me up feeling uneasy after that scene what more could the show present us about their past.
Oct 8, 2021 4:54 AM
Aug 2021
Finally they got some interesting backstories starting. Almost dropped this anime at around ep 5-10, glad I didn't (from retrospect)
Nov 19, 2021 3:37 PM

Mar 2010
It usually too fucking late to realize how important family is, unless you make one yourself but because you don't know how important family is you eventually lose the family you made. So therefore.. yea its for the best but I also think that it has to be given time.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 5, 2021 7:58 PM

Apr 2018
I lowkey love that cynical teacher. With what little screentime she gets, she's pretty dang funny.
Dec 21, 2021 6:14 PM

Sep 2016
I'm usually not into romance, but damn, I'm invested in their relationship.
My candies:
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.