Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 5, 2013 7:37 PM

Oct 2012
Okay. Need some advice about how I can approach this girl at school i've encountered recently.

So these past few days (a week ago) I've noticed this girl at school who is showing subtle signs that she might be interested in me. (I highly suspect it.) I have seen her making eye contact with me, and there was this one time I caught her friends playfully pushing her towards me in the hallways while i was waiting to go to class. (I think thats subtle enough.)

I find her very cute and attractive. Petite, nice body, glasses, nice straight black hair with bangs, etc. I can't stop thinking about her. The fact that her friends were pushing her, and she had a really shy/embarassed look on her face really caught me off guard... That was the moment i fell in love with her.

I noticed that she has a rilakkuma pin on her turquoise backpack, so she might like anime (hopefully)

At first, i wanted to approach her by buying a rilakumma doll and giving it to her, but after thinking about it, i think thats would be a bit too much for someone you just met and it might freak her out x. x.

I wanted to try and approach her sometime later this week, I know that I just need to act natural and talk like we're friends, but this is easier said than done. I feel like i might chicken out "in the moment" It is like jumping into cold water...

What advice can you guys give me for approaching this girl? Does asking her out for lunch outside school sound alright upon meeting her for the first time? And if she says yes, I could take her to pizza pizza or subway near the school and get her lunch/have a casual conversation with her, personal stuff, then give her the plushie.
Star_BoyDec 3, 2013 3:41 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2013 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
Rape her

That's the easiest way to get to know her.

How old is she anyway, I might be interested.
Mar 5, 2013 7:42 PM

Mar 2008
How to approach? Talking to the person generally works. People always seem to over-think these things, and end up just making it harder upon themselves.
Mar 5, 2013 7:42 PM

Aug 2011
Go get her, tiger. How about you just talk to her at school first? You don't need to take her out.

When you score, stop making threads about girls.

Mar 5, 2013 7:43 PM

Oct 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Rape her

I've honestly never seen her before.

Shes probably grade 9 or 10.

Most likely grade 9 since shes not in the yearbook, or if she just moved to the school, grade 10.
Mar 5, 2013 7:44 PM

Apr 2012

^That's a win win situation for you, i mean call her back in the ball if she starts bitchin'!

joke apart...

If you got a class with her, try to do some project/work with her, that should get some conversation started.
edit: sorry seems like she isn't in your class, my bad. but try talking to her at lunch :D?
Mar 5, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2012
Danielcook said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Rape her

Most likely grade 9 since shes not in the yearbook, or if she just moved to the school, grade 10.

Oh.... Too old.
Mar 5, 2013 7:47 PM

Oct 2012
Itami-chan said:
Go get her, tiger. How about you just talk to her at school first? You don't need to take her out.

When you score, stop making threads about girls.

Shes usually with her friends during lunch.
It would be awkward for me to intrude and talk to her whiles shes in the circle.

I wanted to take her out so it'll be a one on one moment.
Mar 5, 2013 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
Just go up and start talking to her. Doesn't matter what it's about. Just say "Hi" and go from there.
Mar 5, 2013 7:49 PM

Oct 2012
sparkedglory said:
Just go up and start talking to her. Doesn't matter what it's about. Just say "Hi" and go from there.

Thats what i'm afraid of.

Me: Hi.
Her: Hi.

Awkward silence..... x. x
Mar 5, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2012
I'm actually going to take you seriously this time Daniel. Be proud.

1) Talk to her. Unless you look like Channing Tatum or Zac Efron, or whoever else girls are obsessed with nowadays, randomly approaching a girl and giving her a gift won't work. If you see her in the hallways, just strike up a random conversation. It doesn't have to be anything big. You can just talk about a random event that happened in your town/city or something, anything. Get to know her a bit, and if possible, find out if she actually does like anime.

2) After you talk to her a couple times, man up, gather whatever amount of courage you have, and ask her if she wants to hang out. Make sure you ask her in person though, not through a text or over the phone.

3) After hanging out a couple times, and getting to know her a little better, then you can ask her out for real. Be careful though, try not to fall into the endless pit of depression and.... death that is the friend zone.
baseball3bMar 5, 2013 7:54 PM
Mar 5, 2013 7:51 PM

Apr 2011
Danielcook said:
sparkedglory said:

Ah. Well you said you noticed her pin right? You could start off from that and branch off to many other topics.
Oct 2008
Don't buy the present until after you are actually officially a couple. Personally, I suggest next time you pass her, smile and say hi. When you cross paths again, if she initiates smiling at you and saying hi, you are probably in. Introduce yourself and comment on her kilarumma doll pin. If the conversation goes well, then ask if she wants to go out for coffee (or whatever highschoolers drink now) after school or even meet up on the weekend. You could ask her out for lunch outside school but it depends if she is the type to skip school or not. I don't recommend lunch at school because too many people will know you or her and interrupt. Keep us updated.

Edited to add: You can probably skip the first hi and talk to her straight away. Work out your initial conversation and exit excuse beforehand.
Hi, you are Daniel. You have noticed her around school and wanted to say hi. You like her doll pin and go from there. When you are finished talking or the conversation is lagging, just casually say you need to catch up with your friends and you will see her around.
CottonrabbitMar 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Jun 2011
And so mal's Train Man saga begins....
Mar 5, 2013 7:52 PM

Mar 2008
Danielcook said:

If you have to, come up with a list of conversation topics (in your head) beforehand. Asking if she's new to the school would be a start, since you don't even seem to know that. Asking what she thinks of the school. Telling her what you think of it. Etc.
Just try to talk about things which are relevant to both of you, at least at first.
Mar 5, 2013 7:52 PM

Aug 2011
Danielcook said:
It would be awkward for me to intrude and talk to her whiles shes in the circle.

Use her friends to feed the conversation.

Danielcook said:
I wanted to take her out so it'll be a one on one moment.

You want to be awkward without anyone else around? Okay then.

Danielcook said:

Mar 5, 2013 8:00 PM

Oct 2012
Itami-chan said:
Danielcook said:

Use her friends to feed the conversation.

yup, if you do that you'll make a great impression. Why? Because they will think your brave enough to to ask her in front of everyone, and not be ashamed. All the cool kinds do it.
Mar 5, 2013 8:01 PM

Aug 2012
You: Hi
Her: Hi
"Potential awkward silence"
You: This might be crazy, would you like to grab some lunch with me today?
Mar 5, 2013 8:01 PM

Nov 2010
Ambient_ said:
And so mal's Train Man saga begins....
That would be great wouldn't it. Never finished Densha Otoko so something bad could have happened.
Mar 5, 2013 8:02 PM

Mar 2012
This should be good.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 5, 2013 8:04 PM

Aug 2012
Post-Josh said:
This should be good.

I've got my 3D glasses and popcorn all ready.

Nov 2012
Ask someone who you know that knows her to hook you up or something.
There's also introducing yourself.

Mar 2012
JkImpulse said:
You: This might be crazy, but call me, maybe?
Fixed.
LoneWolf said:

Nov 2012
Hell I was drinking at the pub (underage) and smoking when I was in grade 9... Organize a party somewhere with a few slabs of booze invite everyone and then just chat to her while at the party.

If you don’t want to do that just chat to her when she’s not with her friends i.e. when she’s going to class or in the library. It’s not going to kill you mate.
mofohoboMar 5, 2013 8:40 PM
Mar 5, 2013 8:09 PM
Oct 2012
Danielcook said:
Okay. Need some advice about how I can approach this girl at school i've encountered recently.

So these past few days (a week ago) I've noticed this girl at school who is showing subtle signs that she might be interested in me. (I highly suspect it.) I have seen her making eye contact with me, and there was this one time I caught her friends playfully pushing her towards me in the hallways while i was waiting to go to class. (I think thats subtle enough.)

I find her very cute and attractive. Petite, nice body, glasses, nice straight black hair with bangs, etc. I can't stop thinking about her. The fact that her friends were pushing her, and she had a really shy/embarassed look on her face really caught me off guard... That was the moment i fell in love with her.

I noticed that she has a rilakumma pin on her turquoise backpack, so she might like anime (hopefully)

At first, i wanted to approach her by buying a rilakumma doll and giving it to her, but after thinking about it, i think thats would be a bit too much for someone you just met and it might freak her out x. x.

I wanted to try and approach her sometime later this week, I know that I just need to act natural and talk like we're friends, but this is easier said than done. I feel like i might chicken out "in the moment" It is like jumping into cold water...

What advice can you guys give me for approaching this girl? Does asking her out for lunch outside school sound alright upon meeting her for the first time? And if she says yes, I could take her to pizza pizza or subway near the school and get her lunch/have a casual conversation with her, personal stuff, then give her the plushie.

Don't listen to some of these people who are taking this as a joke. This is what you do. Despite the embarrassment that you might feel when near her, you have to start out by talking. After you start to feel even the slightest of comfort when talking to her, you then take it slowly and ask her to hang out with some friends or something(reinforce the comfort between each other). Lastly, after all that if you still feel she likes you and you like her, you can ask her out. Don't buy too many things for her until you get past the first 2 steps. Also, most girls don't like desperate guys. Girls want guys to have reasons for picking them and not just half assed guys who pick the girl because they will take any girl.

Oh and before i stop I forgot to say that despite what I said, if you know a girl wants something(make sure you are positive of what she wants) it is best to give it to her but do not spoil them. Hope this helps you and hope you can get the girl you love.
Mar 5, 2013 8:11 PM

Mar 2012
Seriously though, listen to Itami. You'll both be more comfortable if you're in a group and it'll be way easier to facilitate natural conversation. Once you've met her once then you should feel comfortable approaching her when she's by herself, because, ya know, that's what friends do.
LoneWolf said:
Mar 5, 2013 8:16 PM

Sep 2012
Taste her saliva to know if she's the one.
Mar 5, 2013 8:17 PM

Jun 2012
Jauregui said:

Mar 5, 2013 8:19 PM
Oct 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Danielcook said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Rape her

Oh.... Too old.

Too old? what are you in to?? :D
Mar 5, 2013 8:20 PM
Oct 2012
Jauregui said:

Haha, did you get that from Nazo no Kanojo?
Mar 5, 2013 8:24 PM

Jun 2012
Kolle said:
Too old? what are you in to?? :D
Usually I like to stay in the 5-12 range when possible.
Mar 5, 2013 8:25 PM

Aug 2012
Just be a boss liek me.
Mar 5, 2013 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
daniel plz don t do this you just have to wait for the perfect girl to come to you dont wry man i feel your pain i think it will happen at about 40 years old or mb sooner if lucky
trust me but since im ur friend i will give you some good advice

if you get her number this is the best method

StronkmanMar 5, 2013 8:29 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2013 8:26 PM

Sep 2012
Kolle said:
Jauregui said:

Haha, did you get that from Nazo no Kanojo?

Of course
Mar 5, 2013 8:28 PM

Aug 2012
Kibitzer said:
Daniel, if you've learned anything from anime it should be that if a girl is interested in you she'd put a love letter in your shoe locker. Do nothing until then.

This, or she pulls him out onto a hill above a town on a warm, starry summer night and confesses her love to him as the wind rustles her hair.

Seriously dude, the first step to having a possibility of dating her is to talk to her. In case you're not feeling motivated yet, (I'm paraphrasing) "It's better to have done something and regretted it, then regretting not doing something."

In other words, if you don't take this chance, 30 years from now you might be balding, have a beer belly, live in a small, rundown apartment with a low paying job, and still a virgin and single thinking back "why did I never take the chance to talk to that girl in high school?".

Feelin' motivated now?
baseball3bMar 5, 2013 8:36 PM
Mar 5, 2013 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
alexx_310 said:
Ask someone who you know that knows her to hook you up or something.There's also introducing yourself.
Nah.. Don't do the friend option. That usually creeps girls out and the friend you ask will probably laugh when they ask. If you like her, you confront herself. Be a man.

You first have to talk to her yourself. Don't give her anything yet - that's kinda strange. Start by smiling when you see her around the halls or at lunch. If you see you have something in common with her or even compliment something about her (like that pin you mentioned). Gotta get the ball rolling. Good luck, buddy.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Mar 5, 2013 8:35 PM

Nov 2010
gigglingidiot said:
alexx_310 said:
Ask someone who you know that knows her to hook you up or something.There's also introducing yourself.
Nah.. Don't do the friend option. That usually creeps girls out and the friend you ask will probably laugh when they ask. If you like her, you confront herself. Be a man.

You first have to talk to her yourself. Don't give her anything yet - that's kinda strange. Start by smiling when you see her around the halls or at lunch. If you see you have something in common with her or even compliment something about her (like that pin you mentioned). Gotta get the ball rolling. Good luck, buddy.

I would do what giggling said. ^
Mar 5, 2013 8:36 PM

Oct 2012
dont go to her let her come to you
RRRRRRRRRR
Mar 5, 2013 8:40 PM

Aug 2012
Dude, if you give her anything, you'll crash and burn instantly. Give her the plushy once you become more acquainted.

Post-Josh said:
JkImpulse said:
You: This might be crazy, but here's my number, call me, maybe?
Fixed.

Fixed.

beavis2323 said:

Will probably result in nothing ever happening. She seems slightly timid.

AS A COMMUNITY, WE MUST NOT LIST THIS (Slightly young awkward high school boy) MAN GET FRIEND ZONED!
SoftServeMar 5, 2013 8:45 PM
Mar 5, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2012
JkImpulse said:
Dude, if you give her anything, you'll crash and burn instantly. Give her the plushy once you become more acquainted.

Post-Josh said:
JkImpulse said:
You: This might be crazy, but here's my number, call me, maybe?
Fixed.

Fixed.

beavis2323 said:

Will probably result in nothing ever happening. She seems slightly timid.

AS A COMMUNITY, WE MUST NOT LIST THIS (Slightly young awkward high school boy) MAN GET FRIEND ZONED!

I've done all I can. The rest is up to young Daniel (even though he's the same age as me I think ). Let us hope, for MAL's sake, that he is not one of the 1 in 3 men who get friendzoned.
Mar 5, 2013 8:52 PM

Feb 2012
Biggestboss said:
Just be a boss liek me.

Didn't you screw up and get dumped though.

Anyways, Danny I can't help too much since I don't have too much experience dating myself, but I can definitely say that you need to start by talking to her. Don't rush it too much and make yourself look desperate, but don't go too slow and risk getting friend zoned. I'd definitely advise that you don't say you love her. You mentioned that in your first post, but you've never even met her before and I feel like you would be the kind of person to say I love you on the first date and make it really awkward.
Mar 5, 2013 8:54 PM

Jul 2011
Danielcook said:

So these past few days (a week ago) I can't stop thinking about her. She had a really shy/embarassed look on her face really caught me off guard... That was the moment i fell in love with her.

Just a slight suggestion to add to what others have said, perhaps refrain from saying "I can't stop thinking about you, I love you" as an opening sentence. I'm already convinced you're a stalker, but maybe you can fool her.

Slyr3do0n said:

I'd definitely advise that you don't say you love her. You mentioned that in your first post, but you've never even met her before and I feel like you would be the kind of person to say I love you on the first date and make it really awkward.

Oh damn, great minds think a like how bout that XD

Mar 5, 2013 8:59 PM

Oct 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Rape her

This is probably the best option for you OP
Mar 5, 2013 9:00 PM
Mar 2013
Danielcook said:

I noticed that she has a rilakumma pin on her turquoise backpack, so she might like anime (hopefully)

just recently had the same thing happen to me, just man up and talk to her.
you probably should not introduce yourself to her by getting her a gift, that's too much. Find out why she likes you and act off that, if it's just looks then you're golden to do whatever. (People say looks don't matter, and that's bullshit. They may not break a relationship, but they sure as hell can make it.)

K so, you're going to be embarrassed and she likely will be too, make it sweet and short, get outta there quick, but not too quick. Also, act on this as fast as you can or she's going to lose interest, these "subtle hints" are "HEY, MAKE A MOVE ALREADY." So yeah, just do it. You don't lose anything if you fuck it up.

love is also way too strong a word for this little scenario.
best advice: man the fuck up
Mar 5, 2013 9:01 PM

Nov 2012
Buying things for someone you don’t even know is kind of creepy... Just chat to her and get to know her first it’s not hard mate, casual chit-chat...
Mar 5, 2013 9:02 PM

Jun 2012
You will never get laid Daniel, time to give up.
Mar 5, 2013 9:07 PM
Mar 2013
Shuhan said:

there's always prostitutes.
aha.
Mar 5, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2012
frankenfine said:
Shuhan said:

aha.

and ona-holes. and body pillows.

Don't worry Daniel, I still believe in you. So you better start dating this girl!! (No...I didn't bet on whether or not you'd get a girlfriend....) >.>
Mar 5, 2013 9:14 PM

Oct 2011
baseball3b said:
frankenfine said:
Shuhan said:

aha.

Don't worry Daniel, I still believe in you. So you better start dating this girl!! (No...I didn't bet on whether or not you'd get a girlfriend....) >.>

What kind of world do we live in where onaholes and body pillows count as getting laid?
Mar 5, 2013 9:17 PM

Aug 2012
DEMOLITION_D said:
baseball3b said:
frankenfine said:
Shuhan said:

aha.

What kind of world do we live in where onaholes and body pillows count as getting laid?

A world where this happens
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the point of life?

purple_rayn - 2 hours ago

11 by Taiyaa »»
7 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

299 by bevarnow »»
7 minutes ago

» How do you process death?

Lightskynight - Apr 14

22 by Dracowyn »»
16 minutes ago

» Does ours username claimz who really are?

French-Japanese - 16 minutes ago

0 by French-Japanese »»
16 minutes ago

» First Kiss ( 1 2 3 )

bolby - Jan 26, 2015

147 by French-Japanese »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.