Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Mar 4, 2013 5:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
Thought it'd be nice to see what people game with :)

Here's mine:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4Ghz @ 4.2Ghz
RAM: 4GB DDR III 2000Mhz
HDD: 1x 500GB WD Caviar Black (Boot)
HDD: 2x 500GB (RAID0) (Games, junk)
Graphics: EVGA nVidia GTX 660 FTW edition 2GB
PSU: OCZ 850W Modular ZX Series
OS: Windows 8 Pro x64

Taken with iPhone 4s:



Taken with DSLR:
Modified by Gnomesenpai, Mar 30, 2013 9:23 PM
 
#2
Mar 4, 2013 6:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 220
Is that a HAF tower?

Oh, yah.. I just sold my rig! So, I'm currently gaming on an HP Ultrabook. It's actually not that bad. Not the best, but what evs.
 
#3
Mar 4, 2013 6:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
JkImpulse said:
Is that a HAF tower?

Oh, yah.. I just sold my rig! So, I'm currently gaming on an HP Ultrabook. It's actually not that bad. Not the best, but what evs.

Was very tempted by a HAF tower (Still am) That one is an X-case um, case. It's massive, but i might be selling it as it can't hold a watercooling radiator in the top (not enough space to fit the fans and radiator in)
 
#4
Mar 4, 2013 6:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
Suisei-NoboAz said:
All of that looks extra fancy and expensive, which is something i can't afford.

Took me a good 7+ months to get it to where it is today. (and it's still not finished >.<)
 
#5
Mar 4, 2013 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
Suisei-NoboAz said:
GnomeChompski said:
Suisei-NoboAz said:
All of that looks extra fancy and expensive, which is something i can't afford.

Took me a good 7+ months to get it to where it is today. (and it's still not finished >.<)


I'll always be here just in case you're ready to give it away.

Funnily enough i have my old gaming setup for sale (well some of the parts) and maybe the case i currently have if i decide to change it to something that'll handle a large watercooling setup
 
#6
Mar 4, 2013 7:18 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1535
Do you play in the kitchen?
 
#7
Mar 4, 2013 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
Ambalamps said:
Do you play in the kitchen?

Yea..No. Just built it on the kitchen table as i don't have much desk space.
 
#8
Mar 4, 2013 7:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 879
My crappy rig specs (some old desktop that I slapped a cheap GPU in). I just use it to watch anime.


Can't wait to get rid of it and replace it with an Intel Haswell build so I can actually play some games.
 
#9
Mar 4, 2013 8:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
My gaming rig: (can make pics of anyone wants to see it, but cba atm)
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 4, 2013 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 879
mallobaude said:
My gaming rig: (can make pics of anyone wants to see it, but cba atm)


Man, that CPU is fast at 4.5 MHz. LOL
In all seriousness, that's some pretty sick rig you got there.
 
Mar 4, 2013 8:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
4Sky said:
mallobaude said:
My gaming rig: (can make pics of anyone wants to see it, but cba atm)


Man, that CPU is fast at 4.5 MHz. LOL
In all seriousness, that's some pretty sick rig you got there.

Thanks! Still wanna overclock it more though, but running into crashes when doing it. Think it might be a power issue, so probably gonna get a new PSU.
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 4, 2013 8:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 95
Laptop's the only way to go in college :\
HP Envy 15 3200 Custom
Screen: 15.6" Radiance IPS 1080p
CPU: Intel i7 3610QM
RAM: 8gb DDR3 1333MHz
Graphics: AMD 7750m 1gb
HDD: 500gb 7200rpm - In need of SSD >_>
 
Mar 4, 2013 9:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 449
My Rig Specs

CPU: i7-980X Extreme Edition (OC to 4.6) aiming to hit 5 so I’m still tweaking it...
CPU Cooler: Antec KUHLER H2O 920
Mobo: Gigabyte X58A-OC
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 580 OC
Ram: G.Skill DDR3-2400 12GB triple Channel
HDD: 3 x Seagate 2TB Barracuda (Movies, series, music, CAD etc) need another one
SSD: OCZ SATA3 128GB Vertex 4 (Boot, steam games and GW2)
Case: Antec 1200 with a few tweaks
Modified by mofohobo, Mar 4, 2013 9:08 PM
 
Mar 4, 2013 9:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1161
Asus P8Z77-V LX
Intel Core i5 3570K 3,4Ghz (Ivy Bridge)
Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE LP
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB
be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W 80+ Bronze Module
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm SATA 6Gbit/s

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black
 
Mar 4, 2013 9:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1335
FX8350 @ 4.8ghz
6970
Shitty ram
[insert rest of specs no one cares about, like hard drives]

Ignore the balls cable management and dirt factor. Currently in the middle of an upgrade, new case / psu / ram coming in.

Modified by Leondre, Mar 4, 2013 9:40 PM
 
Mar 4, 2013 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3413


I might post the internals later if I decide to not be lazy, but...
PC:
i7 960 clocked at 4ghz
x58 FTW3 EVGA motherboard
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 680 clocked at 1086mhz
2TB WD caviar black 3.5 internal
In Win Dragonrider case

Visuals:
Asus VE278Q-B monitor
Samsung D6000 40 inch top mounted TV

Audio:
Samsung PS WE550 split sound bar
Monster Inspiration headphones

Mouse/Keyboard:
Razer Mamba
Razer Black Widow Ultimate
 
Mar 4, 2013 10:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 220
GnomeChompski said:
JkImpulse said:
Is that a HAF tower?

Oh, yah.. I just sold my rig! So, I'm currently gaming on an HP Ultrabook. It's actually not that bad. Not the best, but what evs.

Was very tempted by a HAF tower (Still am) That one is an X-case um, case. It's massive, but i might be selling it as it can't hold a watercooling radiator in the top (not enough space to fit the fans and radiator in)


I always liked that about the HAF towers. They seem to be very customizable and accommodative.

I must say, there are some decent rigs being posted. Now, where is the person using liquid nitrogen to cool their rig?
 
Mar 4, 2013 10:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 449
I’d love to try it but not with my running gear maybe my old AMD Opteron 148 to see how long it would last...
 
Mar 5, 2013 12:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
My Anti-OC build:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 V2
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
MOBO: Asrock B75-PRO3-M
SSD: Samsung 840 PRO
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda
RAM: 8GB (4GBx2) Intel Extreme Masters Blue 1600MHz
PSU: Antec Neo Eco 520C 520W
CASE: Antec Three Hundred Two
 
Mar 5, 2013 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
JkImpulse said:
GnomeChompski said:
JkImpulse said:
Is that a HAF tower?

Oh, yah.. I just sold my rig! So, I'm currently gaming on an HP Ultrabook. It's actually not that bad. Not the best, but what evs.

Was very tempted by a HAF tower (Still am) That one is an X-case um, case. It's massive, but i might be selling it as it can't hold a watercooling radiator in the top (not enough space to fit the fans and radiator in)


I always liked that about the HAF towers. They seem to be very customizable and accommodative.

I must say, there are some decent rigs being posted. Now, where is the person using liquid nitrogen to cool their rig?

I could do with cooling my GTX 660 with liquid nitrogen that thing get's too warm (60-80c)

Ambient_ said:
CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 V2

I was tempted by a Xeon chip, but seeing how most of them are still PCI Express 2.0 it'd cause a bottle neck on my system.
 
Mar 5, 2013 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 91
OMG all of your rig are beyond godlike XDXDXDXD
here's mine

Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G31M-ES2L
Memory: DDR2 4096 MBytes Dual, (Symmetric)
Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB
Hard Disk: Samsung HD103SJ 1 TB
Mouse: DPI NetScrool G500 Laser




...and please don't mind the bear, its my sisters
 
Mar 5, 2013 9:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
ReiFukai said:

...and please don't mind the bear, its my sisters

More concerned about the squid...
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 5, 2013 11:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 134
ReiFukai said:
OMG all of your rig are beyond godlike XDXDXDXD
here's mine

Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G31M-ES2L
Memory: DDR2 4096 MBytes Dual, (Symmetric)
Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB
Hard Disk: Samsung HD103SJ 1 TB
Mouse: DPI NetScrool G500 Laser




...and please don't mind the bear, its my sisters


OMFG DAT OCTOPUS :3
 
Mar 5, 2013 11:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13544
You fuckers definitely got yourselves set up for years worth of gaming ahead of this time, it looks. God damn. I have no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to building a game rig, but all of these specs look really fucking expensive and beyond the basic computer necessities. Taking in hand-me-downs anytime.
 
Mar 5, 2013 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
ReiFukai said:


What speaker are they?

Cigarette said:
You fuckers definitely got yourselves set up for years worth of gaming ahead of this time, it looks. God damn. I have no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to building a game rig, but all of these specs look really fucking expensive and beyond the basic computer necessities. Taking in hand-me-downs anytime.

Tbh, the past month i've just used mine for watching anime (bonus of dual screens) I need to get back into serious gaming but i'm having fun playing Tera (an MMO) at the moment.
 
Mar 5, 2013 5:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
GnomeChompski said:
Tbh, the past month i've just used mine for watching anime (bonus of dual screens) I need to get back into serious gaming but i'm having fun playing Tera (an MMO) at the moment.
Ah, dual screens, never want to go back now that I have em ;P Have my second one hooked up to a second pc though. find it easier to work with it that way as I hate gaming in a window.
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 5, 2013 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
mallobaude said:
GnomeChompski said:
Tbh, the past month i've just used mine for watching anime (bonus of dual screens) I need to get back into serious gaming but i'm having fun playing Tera (an MMO) at the moment.
Ah, dual screens, never want to go back now that I have em ;P Have my second one hooked up to a second pc though. find it easier to work with it that way as I hate gaming in a window.

I find the dual screens so helpful when coding and testing.
 
Mar 5, 2013 6:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
GnomeChompski said:
mallobaude said:
GnomeChompski said:
Tbh, the past month i've just used mine for watching anime (bonus of dual screens) I need to get back into serious gaming but i'm having fun playing Tera (an MMO) at the moment.
Ah, dual screens, never want to go back now that I have em ;P Have my second one hooked up to a second pc though. find it easier to work with it that way as I hate gaming in a window.

I find the dual screens so helpful when coding and testing.

Yea, I can see why you would. I don't code though, only watch anime/movies/youtube on my second screen.
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 5, 2013 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 60

Pretty lazy to remember, made this 2 years ago.
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i457/ggsnipes/IMG_0694_zps5f1aba81.jpg
Don't say clean up my desk, ITS TOO HARD T_T

 
Mar 6, 2013 12:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
GnomeChompski said:
Ambient_ said:
CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 V2

I was tempted by a Xeon chip, but seeing how most of them are still PCI Express 2.0 it'd cause a bottle neck on my system.


All the IB Xeons support PCIe 3.0 I'm pretty sure. So just get any of V2 models (like mine) and you should be fine :)
 
Mar 6, 2013 1:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 565
I dunno, I prefer a PC that is capable enough and quiet.
Can't understand any of that all fancy fans and lights and stuff.

Not much for OC either, but I do not use any super high end applications either, just regular games and such.
 
Mar 6, 2013 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 60
Pontus said:
I dunno, I prefer a PC that is capable enough and quiet.
Can't understand any of that all fancy fans and lights and stuff.

Not much for OC either, but I do not use any super high end applications either, just regular games and such.

Mine being the spec it is is actually very quiet. even under load, the cooler i have for my CPU is very good, never seen temps past 60c and the fan never pushes over 1000rpm
 
Mar 6, 2013 6:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1335
GnomeChompski said:
Pontus said:
I dunno, I prefer a PC that is capable enough and quiet.
Can't understand any of that all fancy fans and lights and stuff.

Not much for OC either, but I do not use any super high end applications either, just regular games and such.

Mine being the spec it is is actually very quiet. even under load, the cooler i have for my CPU is very good, never seen temps past 60c and the fan never pushes over 1000rpm


That's quite a bit higher than I would be comfortable with, especially on a regular basis.
 
Mar 6, 2013 9:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
Leondre said:
GnomeChompski said:
Pontus said:
I dunno, I prefer a PC that is capable enough and quiet.
Can't understand any of that all fancy fans and lights and stuff.

Not much for OC either, but I do not use any super high end applications either, just regular games and such.

Mine being the spec it is is actually very quiet. even under load, the cooler i have for my CPU is very good, never seen temps past 60c and the fan never pushes over 1000rpm


That's quite a bit higher than I would be comfortable with, especially on a regular basis.

You mean the temp or the rpm? The temp is well under save limits, my CPU has a save temp limit of 94C and most CPU's have something similar. Also 1000rpm sounds loud, but that's a really slow rpm, usually used when in low-noice mode, or on fans which are made to be quiet.
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 7, 2013 1:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 291
Here is mine :D

Specs:
Cpu: AMD Athlon x2 5000+ (that's a duo core at 2,6Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT610 2GB edition
RAM: 2Gb ddr2
Monitor: Philips 190CW
Sound Card: Asus Xonar U3
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4
Operating System: Custom made Windows XP Professional (Gets rid of the start-up Welcome sign and other unnecessary BS)
Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Oh and an steelseries mouse pad :)

I didn't bother to make an picture of the machine itself since it's kinda dated and not very interesting.



Hoping to get a new PC soon :D
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
sippychao said:
Here is mine :D

Specs:
Cpu: AMD Athlon x2 5000+ (that's a duo core at 2,6Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT610 2GB edition
RAM: 2Gb ddr2
Monitor: Philips 190CW
Sound Card: Asus Xonar U3
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4
Operating System: Custom made Windows XP Professional (Gets rid of the start-up Welcome sign and other unnecessary BS)
Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Oh and an steelseries mouse pad :)

I didn't bother to make an picture of the machine itself since it's kinda dated and not very interesting.



Hoping to get a new PC soon :D


Still using DDR2? I feel bad for you ._.
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 291
mallobaude said:
sippychao said:
Here is mine :D

Specs:
Cpu: AMD Athlon x2 5000+ (that's a duo core at 2,6Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT610 2GB edition
RAM: 2Gb ddr2
Monitor: Philips 190CW
Sound Card: Asus Xonar U3
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4
Operating System: Custom made Windows XP Professional (Gets rid of the start-up Welcome sign and other unnecessary BS)
Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Oh and an steelseries mouse pad :)

I didn't bother to make an picture of the machine itself since it's kinda dated and not very interesting.



Hoping to get a new PC soon :D


Still using DDR2? I feel bad for you ._.


Yeah I really need an new PC but ddr2 isn't really bottlenecking this PC as far as I can tell. But I do get blue screens from time to time because 2Gb really doesn't cut it.
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
sippychao said:
mallobaude said:
sippychao said:
Here is mine :D

Specs:
Cpu: AMD Athlon x2 5000+ (that's a duo core at 2,6Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT610 2GB edition
RAM: 2Gb ddr2
Monitor: Philips 190CW
Sound Card: Asus Xonar U3
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4
Operating System: Custom made Windows XP Professional (Gets rid of the start-up Welcome sign and other unnecessary BS)
Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Oh and an steelseries mouse pad :)

I didn't bother to make an picture of the machine itself since it's kinda dated and not very interesting.



Hoping to get a new PC soon :D


Still using DDR2? I feel bad for you ._.


Yeah I really need an new PC but ddr2 isn't really bottlenecking this PC as far as I can tell. But I do get blue screens from time to time because 2Gb really doesn't cut it.

No it's not, but it's still slow... Then again, your whole PC is way too slow by my elitist standards :P
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 291
mallobaude said:
sippychao said:
mallobaude said:
sippychao said:
Here is mine :D

Specs:
Cpu: AMD Athlon x2 5000+ (that's a duo core at 2,6Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT610 2GB edition
RAM: 2Gb ddr2
Monitor: Philips 190CW
Sound Card: Asus Xonar U3
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4
Operating System: Custom made Windows XP Professional (Gets rid of the start-up Welcome sign and other unnecessary BS)
Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Oh and an steelseries mouse pad :)

I didn't bother to make an picture of the machine itself since it's kinda dated and not very interesting.



Hoping to get a new PC soon :D


Still using DDR2? I feel bad for you ._.


Yeah I really need an new PC but ddr2 isn't really bottlenecking this PC as far as I can tell. But I do get blue screens from time to time because 2Gb really doesn't cut it.

No it's not, but it's still slow... Then again, your whole PC is way too slow by my elitist standards :P


Yeah I'm hoping to get the parts for my new PC within a couple of weeks so you'll get see that later :D
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
sippychao said:
mallobaude said:
sippychao said:
mallobaude said:
sippychao said:
Here is mine :D

Specs:
Cpu: AMD Athlon x2 5000+ (that's a duo core at 2,6Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT610 2GB edition
RAM: 2Gb ddr2
Monitor: Philips 190CW
Sound Card: Asus Xonar U3
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4
Operating System: Custom made Windows XP Professional (Gets rid of the start-up Welcome sign and other unnecessary BS)
Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Oh and an steelseries mouse pad :)

I didn't bother to make an picture of the machine itself since it's kinda dated and not very interesting.



Hoping to get a new PC soon :D


Still using DDR2? I feel bad for you ._.


Yeah I really need an new PC but ddr2 isn't really bottlenecking this PC as far as I can tell. But I do get blue screens from time to time because 2Gb really doesn't cut it.

No it's not, but it's still slow... Then again, your whole PC is way too slow by my elitist standards :P


Yeah I'm hoping to get the parts for my new PC within a couple of weeks so you'll get see that later :D

:o

What are you getting?
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 291


I was thinking about getting these:

Cpu: AMD FX-8150
GPU: XFX HD7970
RAM: GeIL 16 GB DDR3-1600
Motherboard:ASRock 970 Extreme3
Case:Zalman Z11
PSU:Corsair CX750

But if you have any recommendations I'll be glad to hear it :)
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
sippychao said:


I was thinking about getting these:

Cpu: AMD FX-8150
GPU: XFX HD7970
RAM: GeIL 16 GB DDR3-1600
Motherboard:ASRock 970 Extreme3
Case:Zalman Z11
PSU:Corsair CX750

But if you have any recommendations I'll be glad to hear it :)

Personally I'd go with an i5-2500. 30 euro's more(ish, depends on where you get it) But it does much better in most games. And since you need a different MB as well if you decide to go intel the ASRock Z75 Pro3 is sorta the same (think 5/10 euros more expensive or something).

Besides that, don't think you need 16 gig of ram. Have 8 myself and not having any problems (mine is DDR3-2400 though)
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4596
ASRock N68C-S motherboard
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3 GHz
4 GB DDR3
GTX 460
150 GB HDD and 1 TB HDD (almost full)
650 W PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

32 inch 1920x1080p TV (HDMI)
MS "Optical Mouse 200" (cheap)
Lenovo SK 8825 keyboard with a broken stand
Sony MDR-XD200 headphones
DS3 controller


 
Mar 7, 2013 2:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 291
mallobaude said:
sippychao said:


I was thinking about getting these:

Cpu: AMD FX-8150
GPU: XFX HD7970
RAM: GeIL 16 GB DDR3-1600
Motherboard:ASRock 970 Extreme3
Case:Zalman Z11
PSU:Corsair CX750

But if you have any recommendations I'll be glad to hear it :)

Personally I'd go with an i5-2500. 30 euro's more(ish, depends on where you get it) But it does much better in most games. And since you need a different MB as well if you decide to go intel the ASRock Z75 Pro3 is sorta the same (think 5/10 euros more expensive or something).

Besides that, don't think you need 16 gig of ram. Have 8 myself and not having any problems (mine is DDR3-2400 though)


Yeah I had more people tell me that an i5-2500 would be the better option, although I'm not convinced since this machine will need to render a lot of video's for my study and the extra cores + ram really come in handy there. I'm still not sure what to do actually.
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:58 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 318
A stock Acer Aspire v5 and an iMac. =(

Not much of a gamer thou. As long as it can play 1080p vids and play StarCraft 2 on med graphics without a problem, i'm happy as it is.
Setup pics is on my profile.
 
Mar 7, 2013 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
sippychao said:
mallobaude said:
sippychao said:


I was thinking about getting these:

Cpu: AMD FX-8150
GPU: XFX HD7970
RAM: GeIL 16 GB DDR3-1600
Motherboard:ASRock 970 Extreme3
Case:Zalman Z11
PSU:Corsair CX750

But if you have any recommendations I'll be glad to hear it :)

Personally I'd go with an i5-2500. 30 euro's more(ish, depends on where you get it) But it does much better in most games. And since you need a different MB as well if you decide to go intel the ASRock Z75 Pro3 is sorta the same (think 5/10 euros more expensive or something).

Besides that, don't think you need 16 gig of ram. Have 8 myself and not having any problems (mine is DDR3-2400 though)


Yeah I had more people tell me that an i5-2500 would be the better option, although I'm not convinced since this machine will need to render a lot of video's for my study and the extra cores + ram really come in handy there. I'm still not sure what to do actually.

For pure rendering your build is the better option for sure, but if you want a machine that can render and game, I'd say get the i5-2500 and 16 gig ram.
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 7, 2013 11:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Here's my sweats and tears:

Motherboard: MSI Z75 GD 65
CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.5 Ghz
GPU: GTX 680 SLI
RAM: G-skill Ripjaw 2 x 4 GB
HDD: Crucial M4 128Gb, WD Black Caviar 2TB, WD Green Caviar 2TB
Case: HAF 932

Thinking of getting more RAMs and another SSD for gaming but 500+GB SSDs are still quite expensive :(
 
Mar 7, 2013 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
sora1607 said:
Here's my sweats and tears:

Motherboard: MSI Z75 GD 65
CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.5 Ghz
GPU: GTX 680 SLI
RAM: G-skill Ripjaw 2 x 4 GB
HDD: Crucial M4 128Gb, WD Black Caviar 2TB, WD Green Caviar 2TB
Case: HAF 932

Thinking of getting more RAMs and another SSD for gaming but 500+GB SSDs are still quite expensive :(

What's your current ram speed? o.o Also, if you don't want to invest in a second SSD just move your frequently played/intensive games to your boot disk :P It'll still be much faster than your WD black.
On my way to become the most passable anime watcher!
 
Mar 7, 2013 12:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
It's running at 1333 I believe. The desire for
mallobaude said:
sora1607 said:
Here's my sweats and tears:

Motherboard: MSI Z75 GD 65
CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.5 Ghz
GPU: GTX 680 SLI
RAM: G-skill Ripjaw 2 x 4 GB
HDD: Crucial M4 128Gb, WD Black Caviar 2TB, WD Green Caviar 2TB
Case: HAF 932

Thinking of getting more RAMs and another SSD for gaming but 500+GB SSDs are still quite expensive :(

What's your current ram speed? o.o Also, if you don't want to invest in a second SSD just move your frequently played/intensive games to your boot disk :P It'll still be much faster than your WD black.


It's running at 1333 Mhz I believe. The desire for additional RAM is just an urge. I'm well aware that it'd serve almost no purpose lol.

I have some frequently played games on my SSD. I have the rest of the games on a 500 GB HDD @ 7200rpm so it's not as bad as having them on the 2TB. Still, I guess I just wanna have another SSD. I'm well aware that further upgrades to my rig will make marginal differences but it's still that urge you know
 
Mar 7, 2013 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 291
sora1607 said:
Here's my sweats and tears:

Motherboard: MSI Z75 GD 65
CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.5 Ghz
GPU: GTX 680 SLI
RAM: G-skill Ripjaw 2 x 4 GB
HDD: Crucial M4 128Gb, WD Black Caviar 2TB, WD Green Caviar 2TB
Case: HAF 932

Thinking of getting more RAMs and another SSD for gaming but 500+GB SSDs are still quite expensive :(


I am uber jealous :)
Although I am curious if you have cool lighting or other case mods worth showing with a picture or something.
 
Top
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »