Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2013 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, I didn't expect this episode to be a relax one :O Murasaki is a funny one! And it's almost time for Nitta's background story! :)

I wonder what Amanti saw! I'm curious!
@preview: yes! One year and a half instead of 2 years! X) I can't wait to watch the trainings!
Mar 2, 2013 9:16 PM

Jun 2011
I doubt she can really see the future... Maybe she shocked because she didn't have a better excuse to hide her fraud.
Mar 2, 2013 11:33 PM

May 2011
^I bet it's because she saw Mutta owning everyone.
Mar 2, 2013 11:43 PM

Apr 2012
I'm guessing she CAN see the future and predict things. As for Nitta, he probably had a falling out with his brother.

As for Mutta's future, he will have a hard time in the 1 1/2 year training, he will excel beyond everyone or something will happen to someone close to him.

For the manga, I just realized that we are all caught up and actually beyond the manga... so now what? Are we actually beyond the manga or are there RAW chapters yet to be translated?
FrostToasterMar 2, 2013 11:56 PM
Mar 3, 2013 12:47 AM
Nov 2008
Intereo said:
I doubt she can really see the future... Maybe she shocked because she didn't have a better excuse to hide her fraud.

She can and she can't.

FrostToaster said:
I'm guessing she CAN see the future and predict things. As for Nitta, he probably had a falling out with his brother.

As for Mutta's future, he will have a hard time in the 1 1/2 year training, he will excel beyond everyone or something will happen to someone close to him.

For the manga, I just realized that we are all caught up and actually beyond the manga... so now what? Are we actually beyond the manga or are there RAW chapters yet to be translated?

It's just the raw, the manga is still ongoing and we are at half the volume released.
I guess that the group which is translating the manga doesn't want to anticipate things so they adapt their pacing with the anime.

I didn't see already the episode but the preview is showing Nitta's brother ? A bit fast.
Mar 3, 2013 1:43 AM

Nov 2011
Its a bit inconceivable to think people would drop out at this stage, especially of their own volition, indeed that Instructor fellow seems like the kind of guy that can make you give up after one scolding.

As for Amanti, i just hope she didn't see anything bad :(

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 3, 2013 2:11 AM

Apr 2010
FrostToaster said:

There are 19 manga volumes for Uchuu Kyodai.

Around 10 are translated into English at the moment.
Mar 3, 2013 2:34 AM

Sep 2012
Murasaki-san is the best. I really hope he will make it to space.
Mar 3, 2013 6:46 AM

Oct 2012
Is Nitta gay and he has a boyfriend?

Or does is he just in bad terms with his brother?
Mar 3, 2013 10:00 AM

Aug 2010
Vandesdelca said:

There are 19 manga volumes for Uchuu Kyodai.

Around 10 are translated into English at the moment.

Wow nice...I'm glad to know we have that much to go :D

I agree with u guys about Nitta. He most likely has a brother but doesn't acknowledge him or sth like that.

Also hope that the thing Amanti saw was something sooo good it shocked instead of something so bad it shocked.

Can't wait for nxt ep...I can't wait for Vince and Mutta to interact :)
Mar 3, 2013 11:10 AM

Jul 2012
Nothing special.
Mar 3, 2013 6:03 PM

Sep 2011
Love Mutta's character and even "Ninja." After a while, I've forgotten that they are fictional characters. They feel so real to me. This is how slice-of-life should be done.

I can't wait to see the relationship between Mutta and the guy who looks like he has a stick up his butt (blonde guy - Vince?).
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Mar 3, 2013 7:42 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode.
I can already tell the misfortune that Amanti won't tell Mutta about is probably related to the guy with glasses. It seems he didn't like Mutta the moment he laid eyes on that transcript paper.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 3, 2013 7:52 PM

Sep 2011
Ohh, I forgot to mention - who else loves the fact that Space Brothers has such a variety of characters from other nations? Loved that they even had a character from India and Mutta even called her beautiful. But I'm kinda sad it's all in Japanese. Woulda been fun to hear the characters speak English with their accents.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Mar 4, 2013 2:00 AM

Nov 2011
gigglingidiot said:
Ohh, I forgot to mention - who else loves the fact that Space Brothers has such a variety of characters from other nations? Loved that they even had a character from India and Mutta even called her beautiful. But I'm kinda sad it's all in Japanese. Woulda been fun to hear the characters speak English with their accents.
Indeed, this has also crossed my mind at some point, the use of different languages in particular, too bad its just an anime.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 4, 2013 5:04 AM

Feb 2012
Zee530 said:
Its a bit inconceivable to think people would drop out at this stage, especially of their own volition, indeed that Instructor fellow seems like the kind of guy that can make you give up after one scolding.

I think it would be more common than you think. A person could have a near death experience and lose their courage. They could also struggle with a certain task that everyone thinks is easy and fail the course, i.e. they may no aptitude for flying which is a requirement to be an astronaut.
Mar 4, 2013 5:28 AM

May 2009
Zee530 said:
gigglingidiot said:
Indeed, this has also crossed my mind at some point, the use of different languages in particular, too bad its just an anime.

I've been wondering that ever since.. I don't know.. was it when Hibito went to the US? I've been wondering since a long loooong time how it would have played out if they'd actually brought in voice actors for all those languages and gave out translations for all those parts. Well, it might have been annoying, but it would have been more.. realistic? :)
I also keep wondering how it would be done for a movie, because then you actually have those actors speaking for themselves. There IS a movie coming out, right? I think I saw it somewhere. But how much will that cover, who knows.

As for Nitta, why are all you guys going on about how Nitta doesn't acknowledge him? It's his brother who doesn't. That was the whole point of his convo with his sis, and about him getting a 3 bedroom apartment. He's reaching out. The brother isn't. They probably had a falling out, or it could also be a step brother? Ah well. Let's see how the patch up goes.

And damn right, I am also annoyed by the whole ethnic magician thing. Is this how other countries see India? I'm glad they've introduced an Indian character, and that too a female, keeping in mind the female Indian astronauts Kalpana Chawla and Sunita Williams. But I'm really starting to wonder what the Japanese Anime industry's conception of an Indian is. O.o Not everyone does yoga, or delve into meditation. O.o Sure, India has it's tantric and ayurvedic history, but that's not all now, is it. And no kidding, Tsuritama's Indian was wearing a turban. For what? Tamako Market's character, if he does turn out to be Indian, I hope he doesn't end up wearing a turban. So far he hasn't, and that's good. Hmm.. then again, he's royalty, so.. bleh.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Mar 4, 2013 8:15 AM
Nov 2008
Kundalini said:
I've been wondering that ever since.. I don't know.. was it when Hibito went to the US? I've been wondering since a long loooong time how it would have played out if they'd actually brought in voice actors for all those languages and gave out translations for all those parts. Well, it might have been annoying, but it would have been more.. realistic? :)
I also keep wondering how it would be done for a movie, because then you actually have those actors speaking for themselves. There IS a movie coming out, right? I think I saw it somewhere. But how much will that cover, who knows.

As for Nitta, why are all you guys going on about how Nitta doesn't acknowledge him? It's his brother who doesn't. That was the whole point of his convo with his sis, and about him getting a 3 bedroom apartment. He's reaching out. The brother isn't. They probably had a falling out, or it could also be a step brother? Ah well. Let's see how the patch up goes.

And damn right, I am also annoyed by the whole ethnic magician thing. Is this how other countries see India? I'm glad they've introduced an Indian character, and that too a female, keeping in mind the female Indian astronauts Kalpana Chawla and Sunita Williams. But I'm really starting to wonder what the Japanese Anime industry's conception of an Indian is. O.o Not everyone does yoga, or delve into meditation. O.o Sure, India has it's tantric and ayurvedic history, but that's not all now, is it. And no kidding, Tsuritama's Indian was wearing a turban. For what? Tamako Market's character, if he does turn out to be Indian, I hope he doesn't end up wearing a turban. So far he hasn't, and that's good. Hmm.. then again, he's royalty, so.. bleh.

You are the one wrong about Nitta,Nitta himself used to leave some very, very little indication about his relationship with his brother.

About Amanti, she is more joking using her origins. She said she can't actually predict thing but for som reason she saw that prediction regarding which is going to be very important. So, in the end if it wasn't for Mutta one could say that her "ability" it's more a combination of logic and woman intuition.
Mar 4, 2013 8:48 AM

Jul 2010
Pretty sure Nitta does have a younger brother, there was prob. some family problems. I'm guessing that was who he was trying to get to stay in his apartment as well, but don't know why. I'm interested, because I just realized that we really have no background for Nitta at all. It's kinda cool..

Also, really love Amanti :) I'm Indian, and I always love seeing Indian characters in anime, especially when they are portrayed as beautiful like Amanti (especially since she is actually dark-skinned, not the basically white actresses that you see in Bollywood. Fair skin is so over-hyped in India, that you can only be beautiful if your skin is light, and I'm happy anime didn't fall for that farce). Although, I'm a little annoyed at the fortune-telling stereotype >__< And also, she is NOT wearing a sari, that's just some cloth draped over a tank top lol. If they're going to use Indian cultural clothes, please use them correctly xD No one wears a sari to a bar either lol.

xD But yeah, I'm interested to see what she saw in Mutta's future. I really hope nothing bad is going to happen!

Also, next episode looks interesting :) Gonna see a lot of sweat and fatigue lol. Idk why, but Serika-san looked so cute in her military uniform xP Can't wait to see how things turn out :)

Overall, a nice, easy-going episode, but still pumped with anticipation and meaning!
fishergirl16Mar 4, 2013 8:54 AM
Mar 4, 2013 1:51 PM

Aug 2009
Zee530 said:

As for Amanti, i just hope she didn't see anything bad :(

I think it's more about being able to actually be selected to go on a mission. Hence, why Murasaki and his analogy on astronauts and a theater production. Murasaki himself hasn't even gotten to space yet, by his implication.

Either she's drawing a blank or...something. But since Mutta's one of the main characters of the show, he'll probably be alright after whatever ordeal he'll encounter. Who knows, really.

gigglingidiot said:

Yeah, that's a bit jarring, especially because you can't tell if a character is speaking English in a particular moment. It would be awesome if they actually had VAs that spoke English or any other language. It just seems they could pull it off, but I guess it's just wishful thinking.
Mar 4, 2013 9:09 PM

May 2011
Apo being afraid of the statue, too cute. xD; And aww, speaking of unnecessary stress, Mutta's reaction to the news that some people end up quitting was about as expected. No wonder the two get along. Although there was that handy reminder that things aren't just going to be smooth sailing by that end.
Mar 5, 2013 12:24 PM
Oct 2010
Next episode: "Always have a pedometer in your heart." I am actually glad I don't; otherwise, every time I logged in to MAL I would get a heart attack.

In other news, wearing a sari to a bar. Thumbs up, I guess. Still does not beat jumpsuit at the airport.
Mar 5, 2013 5:37 PM

Apr 2011
I'm counting on Mutta to win over the glasses guy.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Mar 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
fishergirl16 said:

Also, really love Amanti :) I'm Indian, and I always love seeing Indian characters in anime, especially when they are portrayed as beautiful like Amanti (especially since she is actually dark-skinned, not the basically white actresses that you see in Bollywood. Fair skin is so over-hyped in India, that you can only be beautiful if your skin is light, and I'm happy anime didn't fall for that farce). Although, I'm a little annoyed at the fortune-telling stereotype >__< And also, she is NOT wearing a sari, that's just some cloth draped over a tank top lol. If they're going to use Indian cultural clothes, please use them correctly xD No one wears a sari to a bar either lol.

I felt the same way. It's weird how in this show they had Amanti wear a sari while the Japanese aren't wearing kimonos.
Mar 7, 2013 2:56 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, pretty relaxing episode huh? Get to see Murasaki some more ... love his "Ninja" nickname lol :P Kinda sad to see people will still be dropping out but yeah, I guess sometimes you realize you just can't do it ... or you have a dick instructor who will cause you to think so :P
Amanti huh ... interesting! I wonder what she saw in Mutta's fortune? :O Hope nothing happens to him ...
I'm also interested in Nitta more now ... gave us a couple of clues with his house and having a younger brother, but I'm guessing they're not terribly close or maybe he's adopted or something? Hmm ...
Looks like the training will start next episode! Walking out in the desert? :O Sounds rough ... plus they're pushing to complete 2 years in 1 and a half, which is good for the plot I suppose! :P
Mar 10, 2013 1:44 AM
Nov 2009
It is disappointing that a great show such as this, which revolves around science and space travel, has to resort to stupid shit like foretelling the future. It is a believe rooted in superstition and is in deep contrast with the logic and reason otherwise portrayed in this anime.
Apr 11, 2013 9:52 AM
Aug 2011
I didn't like that ominous fortune-telling.
Apr 11, 2013 12:33 PM

Feb 2010
I love this series, not only for the Space/science elements, but for the amazing characters (esp Mutta<3) so I really enjoyed this episode.

That last arc on the moon with Hibito's near death moments, I'm welcoming some laid back episodes lol

Looking forward to where their training takes them next!
Apr 14, 2013 12:45 AM

Jan 2011
I don't trust Amanti, she probably wants to make Mutta fail... I just don't trust her.
I wonder how Mutta will endure the training, he will probably do something interesting.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 28, 2014 6:03 PM

Nov 2011
Haha,that sports drink scene was priceless. Can't wait to see how the training goes down soon.
Sep 28, 2014 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
fishergirl16 said:
Also, really love Amanti :) I'm Indian, and I always love seeing Indian characters in anime, especially when they are portrayed as beautiful like Amanti (especially since she is actually dark-skinned, not the basically white actresses that you see in Bollywood. Fair skin is so over-hyped in India, that you can only be beautiful if your skin is light, and I'm happy anime didn't fall for that farce).

Ohhh, it that so? I find that really interesting, since it's nearly the opposite here in America: Having darker skin is considered very desirable; in fact, there's a good tanning industry here because of that.

I do like that she was portrayed as beautiful. This anime in general gives women more dignity than most.

Haha, Mutta's main weak spot has been hit- superstition. I do think Amanti was right about Nitta's brother, though.
TripleSRankSep 28, 2014 1:26 PM
Mar 29, 2015 6:55 AM

Jun 2009
Nov 16, 2015 4:08 AM
Dec 2009
So many new characters to meet!! They're all speaking Japanese in the show but I assume they're really "speaking" English all the time...
Nov 21, 2015 2:27 AM

Mar 2012
I always love how observant Mutta is. Immediately realized something was wrong with her reaction after telling him his future.
Jan 5, 2016 2:49 PM

Oct 2014
fishergirl16 said:

As an Indian I agree. I face palmed hard when they introduced this weird Indian astronaut. Ind the first place Indian will not wear a sari to a bar plus the depiction is wrong on so many levels.

Foreshadowing is a part of anime and I love it when it is subtle and plays out in the end. but this blatant foreshadowing is just pointless.

India = superstition wow. -_-
We might promote our traditional clothes in international events but I highly doubt they are worn on formal occasions like this. As an anime whose roots lie in science this was a bad episode according to me.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 17, 2016 4:06 AM

May 2015
Chill episode. :)

Waiting for another training.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 26, 2016 10:37 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 47 - The First Promise:

Amanti seemed disturbed when was telling Mutta his future, I hope that is nothing serious.

"Your English is terrific, Komachi." (Ena) "I know" (Komachi) "You speak like a native." (Serika) "I used to live in California. So I've got a Californian accent. Let me know if you need help." (Komachi)

Sure she does... yet the VA can't talk english.

"Damn it... He got me again!" (Mutta about Murasaki joke)

4/5
Sep 16, 2017 8:06 PM

May 2012
Interesting ending if you ask me, a it of a general episode but well let's see what's next.
Mar 10, 2018 4:54 AM

Feb 2013
I'm more interested in Nitta's life than Mutta's future right now.
Oct 28, 2020 4:18 PM

Dec 2007
nutta development is so obvious going to happen basing this episode.

and i still have the feeling vice going to be surprised by mutta.
Jun 14, 2021 2:34 PM

Oct 2008
Murasaki just said the true, "we the astronauts are actors".

Since it's was created by the nazis, the NASA (not an space agency) is a BIG CIRCUS, which controls all the info about the space in the world. Lies and more lies, they laught in our faces.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.