Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
 
Mar 4, 2013 9:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2743
Skuldane said:
Does anyone know if he announced what the "good news" is yet?


Not sure, but I'd like to know that as well.
 
Mar 4, 2013 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
Devastating news.
 
Mar 4, 2013 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 237
Wow I didn't see this coming. Although you can say that the anime is picking up very fast to the manga. The producers also lengthened some scenes in manga. Like that tower battle of Erza against those 100 monsters. It lasted 10 minutes in de anime and 3 pages in the manga :P
 
Mar 4, 2013 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 65
raionsama said:
yhunata said:
No offense to it's fans, but this is somewhat funny to me. Well, I dropped it sometime ago, so good luck to the fans on finding something else to watch.


Totally had this in mind. And I dropped it after 50 eps.

Sophilia said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?


Getting too close to the manga and low TV ratings.
Like Naruto never has that happening. And low ratings?!


I see. I'm not fond of FT but thanks for the info. I'm not shocked about it having low ratings.


i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol

"For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all aspects" - Griffith, 'Berserk'
 
Mar 4, 2013 2:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 4
noooo :(

well fair enough, the anime is too close to the manga
and i wouldn't want to watch 50 episodes worth of fillers


the series can't stop here, there's still too much to answer!
 
Mar 4, 2013 2:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4810
I'm going to miss Erza
Showed sucked, though had some good moments.
Dropped the manga after
 
Mar 4, 2013 6:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1409
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol


I'd happily trade in Fairy Tail for a new season of Hajime No Ippo.
 
Mar 4, 2013 7:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 544
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol


I'd happily trade in Fairy Tail for a new season of Hajime No Ippo.


That will never happen, sadly. It's my favorite sports anime
 
Mar 4, 2013 7:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 920
sagdashin said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol


I'd happily trade in Fairy Tail for a new season of Hajime No Ippo.


That will never happen, sadly. It's my favorite sports anime

Hajime No Ippo. is made by a different studio so it will not replace Fairy Tail. Although I heard some news about the #rd season. Damn it I also want fairy tail back :(.
 
Mar 4, 2013 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol


I'd happily trade in Fairy Tail for a new season of Hajime No Ippo.
I'd trade in a Fairy Tail and two Erzas for a new Ippo season.
 
Mar 4, 2013 8:01 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 541
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol


I'd happily trade in Fairy Tail for a new season of Hajime No Ippo.
I'd trade in a Fairy Tail and two Erzas for a new Ippo season.


I'd trade FT and the entire current winter season 2013, minus Chihayafuru, only valuable and quality anime of the season for new Ippo anime.
 
Mar 4, 2013 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1409
9988 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol


I'd happily trade in Fairy Tail for a new season of Hajime No Ippo.
I'd trade in a Fairy Tail and two Erzas for a new Ippo season.


I'd trade FT and the entire current winter season 2013, minus Chihayafuru, only valuable and quality anime of the season for new Ippo season.

LOL
 
Mar 4, 2013 9:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2127
amichaaan said:
9988 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol


I'd happily trade in Fairy Tail for a new season of Hajime No Ippo.
I'd trade in a Fairy Tail and two Erzas for a new Ippo season.


I'd trade FT and the entire current winter season 2013, minus Chihayafuru, only valuable and quality anime of the season for new Ippo season.

LOL

I'd trade in that Ippo season for shit, because equivalent exchange.
 
Mar 4, 2013 10:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3653
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
amichaaan said:
9988 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
amichaaan said:
KuroLion said:

i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol


I'd happily trade in Fairy Tail for a new season of Hajime No Ippo.
I'd trade in a Fairy Tail and two Erzas for a new Ippo season.


I'd trade FT and the entire current winter season 2013, minus Chihayafuru, only valuable and quality anime of the season for new Ippo season.

LOL

I'd trade in that Ippo season for shit, because equivalent exchange.

nah kid fairy tail is shit
 
Mar 5, 2013 2:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
Dude, what's even the point of coming on here just to trash talk Fairy Tail? That kind of behavior combined with calling someone with considerably better writing and reasoning skills a kid just serves to make an ass of yourself.
 
Mar 5, 2013 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 5751
Well fuck. :(
 
Mar 5, 2013 5:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3108
A-1 sucks anyway. Every single thing they adapt could be sooo much better..
just look at Magi and Shinsekai yori (the latter is alright, but still extremely inconsistent) ... =_=
Anyway, sucks for the fans, but maybe it'll be back and well- the manga is still there..
 
Mar 5, 2013 2:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9417
KuroLion said:
raionsama said:
yhunata said:
No offense to it's fans, but this is somewhat funny to me. Well, I dropped it sometime ago, so good luck to the fans on finding something else to watch.


Totally had this in mind. And I dropped it after 50 eps.

Sophilia said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?


Getting too close to the manga and low TV ratings.
Like Naruto never has that happening. And low ratings?!


I see. I'm not fond of FT but thanks for the info. I'm not shocked about it having low ratings.


i dropped this series after the first episode. they should replace it. and hopefully with another long hajime no ippo series lol


this
 
Mar 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 51
I think they're just going to give some break on fairy tail because its catching up to the manga rather quickly... so they're not probably wanting to waste any money for fillers... I guess
 
Mar 5, 2013 5:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6388
Oh...

...... 175 episodes, I think I can manage that.

Guess it's time to pick up this show.

*plan to watch*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 5, 2013 5:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3466
AirStyles said:
Oh...

...... 175 episodes, I think I can manage that.

Guess it's time to pick up this show.

*plan to watch*
I'll give you 50 episodes before you decide to quit.
 
Mar 5, 2013 6:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

...... 175 episodes, I think I can manage that.

Guess it's time to pick up this show.

*plan to watch*
I'll give you 50 episodes before you decide to quit.
I've heard 50 episodes being thrown around a lot, is that when you decided that you didn't like it much? Do people really not like the fighting festival arc that much.
 
Mar 5, 2013 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 49
it's quality was steadily decreasing and... it's like, it's becoming the successor to bleach and naruto (because of crappy fillers)... I think this is a good break.

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
 
Mar 5, 2013 6:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1583
GCBGTS said:
it's quality was steadily decreasing and... it's like, it's becoming the successor to bleach and naruto (because of crappy fillers)... I think this is a good break.


Same here, I actually enjoyed it quite a lot actually in the first arcs/50 episodes. What made become more apathetic to FT slowly but surely was the show becoming predictable story structure wise even in the canon arcs
 
Mar 5, 2013 6:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3466
IntroverTurtle said:
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

...... 175 episodes, I think I can manage that.

Guess it's time to pick up this show.

*plan to watch*
I'll give you 50 episodes before you decide to quit.
I've heard 50 episodes being thrown around a lot, is that when you decided that you didn't like it much? Do people really not like the fighting festival arc that much.
Really? I just said the number at random. Can't remember what happens in that episode.
 
Mar 5, 2013 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Z-flame said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

...... 175 episodes, I think I can manage that.

Guess it's time to pick up this show.

*plan to watch*
I'll give you 50 episodes before you decide to quit.
I've heard 50 episodes being thrown around a lot, is that when you decided that you didn't like it much? Do people really not like the fighting festival arc that much.
Really? I just said the number at random. Can't remember what happens in that episode.
Hmmm I've heard that number used a lot, like "I only made it to 50" and stuff like that. I thought there was a connection.
 
Mar 5, 2013 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 764
one of my 10 of 10 anime....

this news depressed me... :"(



 
Mar 5, 2013 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2478
Man that sucks, hope they just changing channels or something, FT prob my fav shounen running atm.
I think this is more to with it being so close to catching up to the manga tho.
 
Mar 5, 2013 8:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5252
IntroverTurtle said:

Hmmm I've heard that number used a lot, like "I only made it to 50" and stuff like that. I thought there was a connection.


There's a really awful filler arc after one of the parts, I didn't know the source material but I dropped it as soon as I noticed it was a filler arc.
 
Mar 5, 2013 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
skudoops said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Hmmm I've heard that number used a lot, like "I only made it to 50" and stuff like that. I thought there was a connection.


There's a really awful filler arc after one of the parts, I didn't know the source material but I dropped it as soon as I noticed it was a filler arc.
I just checked the wikia, it was the daphne filler arc that you stopped near. That one was horrible. The bad thing about Fairy Tail is that the fillers stick out, and since it has small arcs when it gets bigger filler arcs they stick out. The latest filer arc is the second largest arc in the whole show for now.
 
Mar 5, 2013 11:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1018
People these days dont know how to skip fillers.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
 
Mar 6, 2013 12:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 29
Mashima said recently he had a good news. We just have to wait! And for the Haters, all i can say is futile garbage! What did you get after hating fairy tail? HELL?

YOU BETTER START MAKING YOUR OWN SHOUNEN MANGA WHERE THERE'S NO FRIENDSHIP EXIST! I BET YOU CAN'T DRAW EVEN SIMPLE CHARACTERS? OR STRUCTURING A PLOT?

HOW SAD!
 
Mar 6, 2013 12:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13499
fairytailsome said:
Mashima said recently he had a good news. We just have to wait! And for the Haters, all i can say is futile garbage! What did you get after hating fairy tail? HELL?

YOU BETTER START MAKING YOUR OWN SHOUNEN MANGA WHERE THERE'S NO FRIENDSHIP EXIST! I BET YOU CAN'T DRAW EVEN SIMPLE CHARACTERS? OR STRUCTURING A PLOT?

HOW SAD!


How about writing normally so that a hater will even take you seriously. Also, Mashima said he has good news. That's great, but do you really think he will announce that the anime will come back when it was only just announced that the anime will be finishing soon? It seems unlikely. Also, try to look through the points as to why haters hate on FT. There are those who hate it because it's becoming generic, there are those who hate it for the excessive fanservice (more seen in the manga though) and there are those who hate it for being popular (every long runner has this one).

IntroverTurtle said:
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

...... 175 episodes, I think I can manage that.

Guess it's time to pick up this show.

*plan to watch*
I'll give you 50 episodes before you decide to quit.
I've heard 50 episodes being thrown around a lot, is that when you decided that you didn't like it much? Do people really not like the fighting festival arc that much.


FT was at it's peak at around episode 50. It had just finished a pretty awesome arc and was preparing for another awesome one. If anything, it was the S-Rank arc that "spoiled" FT for some of it's then-fans. Also, like KuroLion said, it would be nice to see another run of Hajime no Ippo, maybe a remake. But that's for another thread.
 
Mar 6, 2013 5:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13499
shadowtsunami said:
50 episodes in is when Mirajane starts to fight haha, so I don't think so


I said around. The Culture Fest arc ended at around episode 48, then came a couple of filler episodes after which the Oracion Seis arc started. And Miragane's Satan Soul was done brilliantly.
 
Mar 6, 2013 5:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 869
Tell me this isn't the end of the Fairy Tail franchise. I mean it's quite popular not only in Japan but all over the world. Tbh, I had fun watching it though it had so many plot holes and whatsoever. I know it's quite childish but who cares!? I don't even get it. Why are some long-running series still gets animated despite of them being 600 episode or 500 episode long? (e.g One Piece and Detective Conan) Well, that's just disappointing. Meh. Quite a big loss if you ask me.
 
Mar 6, 2013 5:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13499
pizza_012 said:
Tell me this isn't the end of the Fairy Tail franchise. I mean it's quite popular not only in Japan but all over the world. Tbh, I had fun watching it though it had so many plot holes and whatsoever. I know it's quite childish but who cares!? I don't even get it. Why are some long-running series still gets animated despite of them being 600 episode or 500 episode long? (e.g One Piece and Detective Conan) Well, that's just disappointing. Meh. Quite a big loss if you ask me.


From what the guys on here have been saying, it's having bad ratings, apparently. One Piece wouldn't end since it sells well and gets very high ratings and I'm not sure about Detective Conan. If a long runner wants to keep on running, ratings are what keeps them going, but, from what I've read in this thread, FT has apparently been averaging very low for a prime time show.
 
Mar 6, 2013 6:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
pizza_012 said:
Tell me this isn't the end of the Fairy Tail franchise. I mean it's quite popular not only in Japan but all over the world. Tbh, I had fun watching it though it had so many plot holes and whatsoever. I know it's quite childish but who cares!? I don't even get it. Why are some long-running series still gets animated despite of them being 600 episode or 500 episode long? (e.g One Piece and Detective Conan) Well, that's just disappointing. Meh. Quite a big loss if you ask me.
Because:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-03/japan-animation-tv-ranking-february-18-24
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-24/japan-animation-tv-ranking-february-11-17
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-17/japan-animation-tv-ranking-february-4-10
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-10/japan-animation-tv-ranking-january-28-february-3

One Piece and Detective Conan have more than 8 household rating in Japan, Toriko has more than 5, Hunter x Hunter has more than 3-3.5. I'm not sure about Naruto, but it appears in that chart once in a while, I think it's somewhere around 2-2.5. From what I know long-runners depend on household rating more than DVD sales to keep them going, and Fairy Tail has been getting a 1 for household TV rating, and according to some people here, it's been getting a 2 in 2011 or in the beginning of 2012, so basically it's dropping and there's no profit from it anymore.
Modified by Kumqa, Mar 6, 2013 6:24 AM
 
Mar 6, 2013 6:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2419
How many episodes will this have been once it's over? Just curious...
 
Mar 6, 2013 6:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13499
MarineSlate said:
How many episodes will this have been once it's over? Just curious...


175 episodes. Just check the MAL page.
 
Mar 6, 2013 6:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 402
I stopped watching FT at ep 150, I was waiting for episodes to pile up because I was too impatient to watch only one episode a week. Not really a huge fan or anything, but still a bit disappointed to hear it's over... I will watch these last 25 episodes tomorrow :P

This is Bleach all over again.
 
Mar 6, 2013 7:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Z-flame said:
AirStyles said:
Oh...

...... 175 episodes, I think I can manage that.

Guess it's time to pick up this show.

*plan to watch*
I'll give you 50 episodes before you decide to quit.
I've heard 50 episodes being thrown around a lot, is that when you decided that you didn't like it much? Do people really not like the fighting festival arc that much.


FT was at it's peak at around episode 50. It had just finished a pretty awesome arc and was preparing for another awesome one. If anything, it was the S-Rank arc that "spoiled" FT for some of it's then-fans. Also, like KuroLion said, it would be nice to see another run of Hajime no Ippo, maybe a remake. But that's for another thread.
I guess I could see that, I wasn't that impressed with the arcs after the tower arc. Yes the timeskip came out of nowhere, the amount of time, what happened during, I just didn't like.
No Ippo doesn't need a remake, it needs sequels. Someone I was talking to said that it's possible for them to easily make over 200 episodes with the amount of material.

fairytailsome said:
Mashima said recently he had a good news. We just have to wait! And for the Haters, all i can say is futile garbage! What did you get after hating fairy tail? HELL?

YOU BETTER START MAKING YOUR OWN SHOUNEN MANGA WHERE THERE'S NO FRIENDSHIP EXIST! I BET YOU CAN'T DRAW EVEN SIMPLE CHARACTERS? OR STRUCTURING A PLOT?

HOW SAD!
Well shows that I enjoy more than Fairy Tail are still airing, and Fairy Tail is ending. Who is really losing here. One Piece isn't going to end anytime soon.

shadowtsunami said:
50 episodes in is when Mirajane starts to fight haha, so I don't think so
That would be true if it was a great fight, but it was too fast and the ending was bad. So I still think so.
 
Mar 6, 2013 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 36
in the end if it ends it ends but it wont stop people missing it. all of you saying "im glad its ending" "it was shit anyway" should shut up. if you stopped watching it then you don't need 2 say shit about it. it may come back, i doubt it but it might anyway. but bitching about it aint gona change nothing.

personally i hate that its finishing at this arc, if it ended during the last arc i might not of minded to much but still, one arc thats shit compared to others that are pretty good is fine. no anime ever has 100% great arcs.
 
Mar 6, 2013 8:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1991
Well, thats too bad. Maybe I should start the anime soon...
Bum Bum Dum Dum

 
Mar 6, 2013 8:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 16
How does decensoring FT help? There's not much nudity in the manga to begin with, and the blood/wounds are usually just patches of scratches on the arms and legs.

And lol at hating A-1 for being a business and praising Sunrise for continuing AGE. Remember Gundam X? Do you even know why AGE didn't get cut? Unicorn literally sold more than Bakemono, granted it's an OVA but I'm positive if they released the show in regular length episodes they would still beat 99% of otaku anime in sales.
 
Mar 6, 2013 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6345
tombrady said:
How does decensoring FT help? There's not much nudity in the manga to begin with, and the blood/wounds are usually just patches of scratches on the arms and legs.

And lol at hating A-1 for being a business and praising Sunrise for continuing AGE. Remember Gundam X? Do you even know why AGE didn't get cut? Unicorn literally sold more than Bakemono, granted it's an OVA but I'm positive if they released the show in regular length episodes they would still beat 99% of otaku anime in sales.


Uh I think most people were wishing for AGE to be canceled and were bitching at Sunrise for keeping it on air. -___-

I love AGE, but it was clear that it failed in both ratings (it was below 1% most of the time) and media sales the only reason they kept it around was they were using Unicorn's sales hoping that it would reach to a new generation of Gundam fans which it never did.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
Mar 6, 2013 8:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 16
Well Gundam is mainly fujoshi + gunpla fans + old school UC fans it's not a surprise why AGE flopped.
 
Mar 6, 2013 9:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6345
tombrady said:
Well Gundam is mainly fujoshi + gunpla fans + old school UC fans it's not a surprise why AGE flopped.


Sadly thats true, but AGE did have some nice mecha designs imo. Also I'm probably the only person here that actually liked the character designs fresh and different.

Not really looking forward to The Origins since I didn't like the original 0079, but maybe Sunrise will pull a fast one on me and the remake will be leagues better I'll still watch it all the way through since its Gundam even if its good or not. Cause I just couldn't get emotionally invested with the story like I did with the other series and the derpy animation didn't help its case either.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
Mar 6, 2013 9:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2419
yhunata said:
MarineSlate said:
How many episodes will this have been once it's over? Just curious...


175 episodes. Just check the MAL page.


lulz, I thought this would be a neverending one so I never check pages like that. Thanks.
 
Mar 6, 2013 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 541
shadowtsunami said:
Anyone notice that Fairy Tail ended just like Bleach did? Seriously, all of a sudden they both announce that they were ending with like 5-7 episodes left. The both ended in the same month around the same time too. Bleach ended on like March 26 last year and this is ending March 30th


Its abruptly because they did not "end", they were effectively cancelled.
 
Mar 6, 2013 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 80
Im pretty sure theyre gonna start it up again. It doesn't make sense that such a popular anime and manga would suddenly stop. Especially when they just had a movie! Obviously if it had a movie, its a big anime.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »