Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

Mar 2, 2013 12:01 PM

NOOOOOOOOOO TwT

Mar 2, 2013 12:01 PM

I love how petty this thread has gotten.

RyanSaotome said:
For every Gintama, you have Rave, Bleach, Hitman, D Gray Man, Eyeshield, Kenichi, etc. Plenty of long running shows that will never come back. And when each of them got canned, you probably had big discussion topics where people were like "Oh, its just a matter of time before it comes back, it just needs more material!". In reality, getting canned shows that they no longer have faith that it can keep the ratings up high enough.. if they really wanted to keep it going, they'd resort to filler.

A-1 has no real reason to go back to a show thats not making much money anymore, they can find many other more lucrative properties to focus on.

The difference is that Gintama is produced by Sunrise, which kind of has a different corporate philosophy than much of the industry. This is the company that refused to quit on even Gundam AGE, brought Phi Brain back for 2 extra seasons and brought back Inuyasha for 26 episodes just to finish in some capacity what they started back in the early 2000's. They're kind of nuts that way.
Modified by PeacingOut, Mar 2, 2013 12:10 PM

Mar 2, 2013 12:06 PM

Kaioshin_Sama said:

Agreed and i cant believe i sat here for like 10mins reading the same comments over and over again.

Mar 2, 2013 12:08 PM

What the actual fuck. It was just getting good.

Mar 2, 2013 12:09 PM

Kaioshin_Sama said:

Anime elitists everywhere. Lol anime elitists. The name alone is hilarious

Mar 2, 2013 12:12 PM

lol didnt expect that

itsvero said:
What the actual fuck. It was just getting good.

Mar 2, 2013 12:17 PM

I had the show on hold while reading the manga. I was hoping to watch the entire grand magic games arc animated. :(

But in a way, I am actually glad that I don't have to watch some weak fillers with literally shitty characters. I couldn't believe what they did to Wendy and Erza in those fillers.

Mar 2, 2013 12:18 PM

zxc56km6 said:
In the beginning the quality of Fairy Tail was TOP NOTCH, the animation

Re-used animations and still frames are "top notch"? The FT anime has used those since the beginning. I understand that some may prefer that over a slight drop in art quality, but the animation in FT was never "top notch".

Mar 2, 2013 12:18 PM
doeman said:
Tyrel said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:
Maybe it is, but who knows. I dropped that garbage show at episode 50 and don't plan on taking it up again.

wait. are you talking about one piece or fairy fail?

One piece derp. Anyways done here, adios~

OMG......... the series doesn't start till shortly after that. i know 1p is slow to begin with, but once they hit the grand line, it's in a different league. the storyline picks up immensely.

trust me, give it another shot. 1p gets better the more you watch it.
By shortly after that you mean episode 227, don't you?

Mar 2, 2013 12:20 PM

Ikaros000 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Agreed and i cant believe i sat here for like 10mins reading the same comments over and over again.

Yet it's pretty typical wherever shonen action is concerned. I've never understand the bizarre competitiveness fans have between series. I see more general respect out of long time sports rivals than people that have favorite shonen action series and it's just like there's zero tolerance for the fact that other shonen action series exists besides peoples personal favorites. It's just such an unproductive approach and use of time from where I'm sitting.

Anyway if I were to state an opinion on the matter I'm quite disappointed in A-1 of late. They kind of managed to capture my attention this summer with a lot of at first fairly unique, well-produced and entertaining shows that somehow all managed to tank in their second half with the sole exception of Shin Sekai Yori.

On the one hand I think it might be a good thing if they cleanse their hands of trying to adapt shonen action series like Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail and Magi because when it comes to the actual action portions of them and the general pacing of the shows themselves they really seem to struggle. On the other it's disappointing because it was what got my attention in the first place where A-1 is concerned. It's a little baffling to me though because they should have the capacity to produce these shows just fine as a direct subsidiary of Aniplex and yet seem to stumble a lot. They're in the perfect position to emulate a company like Sunrise's approach as a big cross-content cross-genre producer yet where Sunrise seems to regularly succeed of late production/criticism wise (Gundam AGE notwithstanding) A-1 just seems to fall short and I can't figure out if it's from just a general lack of experience in organizing and handling such a workload of projects or they just don't have the same level of commitment towards making the best of each individual work. Look at the latest season of Gintama then compare it to the latest season of Fairy Tail and you might notice that Gintama has actually gotten overall better looking over time while Fairy Tail has gotten worse if you want an idea of what I mean in this comparison.

With Fairy Tail gone and SSY ending it's as if all my interest in A-1 Pictures is about to completely dry up and it's a pretty big shame.
Modified by PeacingOut, Mar 2, 2013 12:25 PM

Mar 2, 2013 12:21 PM

Candor said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:
Maybe it is, but who knows. I dropped that garbage show at episode 50 and don't plan on taking it up again.

OMG......... the series doesn't start till shortly after that. i know 1p is slow to begin with, but once they hit the grand line, it's in a different league. the storyline picks up immensely.

It took you that long? I got hooked in at the Arlong arc. Most do at that arc, apparently.

Mar 2, 2013 12:22 PM

Mavis_Vermillion said:
zxc56km6 said:
In the beginning the quality of Fairy Tail was TOP NOTCH, the animation

Re-used animations and still frames are "top notch"? The FT anime has used those since the beginning. I understand that some may prefer that over a slight drop in art quality, but the animation in FT was never "top notch".

If you look at the animation later on you will appreciate the first parts... For example the fire in Natsu's hands were actually fire but later on sometimes its just a BALL OF RED...

Mar 2, 2013 12:22 PM

yhunata said:
Candor said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:

It took you that long? I got hooked in at the Arlong arc. Most do at that arc, apparently.
Yup Arlong arc for me too.

Mar 2, 2013 12:25 PM

12 pages already, it's as if something of value was lost.

arlong park because the bitch that is always complaining in every episode is crying and suffering, so I felt kind of relieved when I saw it

yhunata said:
Candor said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:

Arlong was pretty good actually, but everything between it and Water 7 were just meh and too boring. My interest in the series reached its peak when Aokiji appeared, episode 227, and after that came Water 7, one of the better arcs in One Piece for me. Too bad that interest is sinking again after 2 disappointing arcs..
Modified by Kumqa, Mar 2, 2013 12:32 PM

Mar 2, 2013 12:26 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
Candor said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:

The start isnt even bad, the arc where sanji got introduced was really the only bad arc

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 2, 2013 12:27 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
Candor said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:

For me I got hooked in at the Ennies Lobby arc but then again thats like ep 250 haha

Mar 2, 2013 12:27 PM

Looks like haters to fans ratio is a lot higher in the news forum than the show forum (unsurprisingly). I'm willing to wait for a follow-up from Mashima on the "good news" before I totally panic. Before that, most of the discussion seems to be people choosing arguments based on whether they love or hate the show. There are some valid arguments on both sides, but I can easily see a business model that would allow FT to come back--just not in its current time slot. One of the questions regarding viability for the anime is: who is the hard-core base of watchers and who has it been losing? Repositioning may also depend on just what the future arcs are, and how Mashima is going to deal with some elements of the story. Time will tell, but remember Slayers came back after a 10 year hiatus (although it did look a little dated).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 2, 2013 12:32 PM

rodac said:
Looks like haters to fans ratio is a lot higher in the news forum than the show forum (unsurprisingly). I'm willing to wait for a follow-up from Mashima on the "good news" before I totally panic. Before that, most of the discussion seems to be people choosing arguments based on whether they love or hate the show. There are some valid arguments on both sides, but I can easily see a business model that would allow FT to come back--just not in its current time slot. One of the questions regarding viability for the anime is: who is the hard-core base of watchers and who has it been losing? Repositioning may also depend on just what the future arcs are, and how Mashima is going to deal with some elements of the story. Time will tell, but remember Slayers came back after a 10 year hiatus (although it did look a little dated).

WELL if you put it that way the new show replacing FT in its TV slot has a lower rating than FT based on the ratings on here, FT has like a 8.3 while the show replacing it has a 6 something

Mar 2, 2013 12:32 PM
What the hell!!!it seems a good series comes to an end!well if they want to come back,then they should re-think their strategy!and make natsu the center of the anime instead of moron lucy!

Mar 2, 2013 12:33 PM

Ikaros000 said:

mmhh.. nah man. i still stand by what i said. i say 1p gets better the minute they hit the grand line.

yhunata said:

oh no, don't get me wrong. i liked 1p from the beginning, but i probably got hooked during the don krieg arc. so yea, right before arlong.

still though, 1p gets WAY better once they hit the grand line. that's what i tell the people i get to start watching this series. "just stay with it until after you hit the grand line. decide to watch or drop after that."

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:
Candor said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:

The start isnt even bad, the arc where sanji got introduced was really the only bad arc
Start wasn't bad to me but it also wasn't great. The Sanji arc was good, I liked Luffy vs Don Kreig, didn't dislike the rest of it.

Really early April's Fools joke guys!
It has to be?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 2, 2013 12:35 PM

Lolack said:
arlong park because the bitch that is always complaining in every episode is crying and suffering, so I felt kind of relieved when I saw it

Lol. I bet you stood up and applauded when Luffy punched the shit outta her.
zxc56km6 said:
For me I got hooked in at the Ennies Lobby arc but then again thats like ep 250 haha

Same. But I still enjoyed some of the arcs before that.

Mar 2, 2013 12:35 PM

orbbie said:
Really early April's Fools joke guys!
It has to be?

HAHAHA! Thank you for lightning up the mood :3

Mar 2, 2013 12:37 PM

Mavis_Vermillion said:
Lolack said:

Lol. I bet you stood up and applauded when Luffy punched the shit outta her..
Who? I don't remember him punching a girl in that arc. Or are you talking about Alabasta?

Mar 2, 2013 12:38 PM

Mavis_Vermillion said:

there's an episode where luffy punches nami (the orange haired girl)??

IntroverTurtle said:
Who? I don't remember him punching a girl in that arc. Or are you talking about Alabasta?

he can't be mixing up the arlong arc and the alabasta arc. plus, one girl has orange hair, the other blue.

Mar 2, 2013 12:40 PM

doeman said:
Ikaros000 said:

Is someone trolling me or my account, I never wrote that.

and I have no issues with OP as im a big fan :D

Mar 2, 2013 12:42 PM

I don't watch Fairy Tale, so it's not a big loss for me

Mar 2, 2013 12:42 PM

Can everyone stop talking about one piece and mourn and say our prayers over this huge loss to humanity?

Mar 2, 2013 12:44 PM

doeman said:
Mavis_Vermillion said:

there's an episode where luffy punches nami (the orange haired girl)??

IntroverTurtle said:

he can't be mixing up the arlong arc and the alabasta arc. plus, one girl has orange hair, the other blue.
Well that's the only arc where

Mar 2, 2013 12:45 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
Mavis_Vermillion said:
Lolack said:

Yeah... Alabasta. Got the two mixed up :/

Mar 2, 2013 12:46 PM

Lol, it's really funny. I've come here to read about opinions on FT and there's a discussion about OP in here. Really funny.

Mar 2, 2013 12:46 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
Well that's the only arc where

...........you have a point. guess he did just completely screw that up.

edit: k, he noticed.

Mar 2, 2013 12:47 PM

Wow, definitely didn't expect that. And it's kinda sad since I really like FT.
And, it also means we'll most likely get a (shitty) filler ending.

Mar 2, 2013 12:48 PM

_Megatron_ said:
Can everyone stop talking about one piece and mourn and say our prayers over this huge loss to humanity?

Like this?

Mar 2, 2013 12:50 PM

Kayro said:
Wow, definitely didn't expect that. And it's kinda sad since I really like FT.
And, it also means we'll most likely get a (shitty) filler ending.
Well Mashima said that he has some good news, so it may just be a break. And if it's a break then I would think that they wouldn't give it a crappy filler ending. Especially since it's in the middle of the arc which would be hard to try and wrap up.

And now I'm thinking about watching Tanken Driland.

Mar 2, 2013 12:50 PM

This was quite unexpected.. considering that I just picked it up again.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro

Mar 2, 2013 12:52 PM

Did NOT see this coming. Wow ;__;

Mar 2, 2013 12:52 PM

Cool story bro.

Well, shonenfags will have to look for something else to go hyper over I guess...

Mar 2, 2013 12:55 PM

Watch it, the good news will be something like "I actually wrote the ending myself! Ta-da!!"

Mar 2, 2013 12:56 PM

Ikaros000 said:
Watch it, the good news will be something like "I actually wrote the ending myself! Ta-da!!"

Well that would be mean

Mar 2, 2013 12:59 PM
probably the last good shounen (after Naruto) anime ):
At least the manga will be here xD
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkdoll25&sclick=1">

Mar 2, 2013 1:05 PM
The world god only know III and oreimo 2nd season,please hurry up.= and then erase my memory about this news! -_____-

Mar 2, 2013 1:13 PM

Well it seems very abrupt to just instaquit now :/
I mean they had enough money lying around to make a movie and now they just quit?
Did the movie ruin everything? Like did it sell absolute 0? That might explain things but damn.
It got english subs last month.

Mar 2, 2013 1:15 PM
Mavis_Vermillion said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mavis_Vermillion said:
Lolack said:

Yeah... Alabasta. Got the two mixed up :/

that's robin, kind of funny how the one female that isn't stuck up gets hit a lot while the bitch I was talking about never got hit in the entire series, that's oda for you
on a more important note:

Good riddance, can't wait for the manga's turn

Mar 2, 2013 1:16 PM

RIP

Mar 2, 2013 1:21 PM

thej said:
RIP
LOL we have dragon balls.

Mar 2, 2013 1:24 PM
9988 said:
XxspiritxX1 said:

Ok but after looking through all that by looking at the ratings where the series got canceled then compare it to the rating of everything else you see that the ratings are pretty average so really all but like 5 or 6 anime in japan should be canceled because they have a really shit rating....seems to me anime just isn't as popular as it use to be. Also you might argue well they want to start a new series because that is be popular and make them money.......to that i say false hardly any newly started series got better rating than like 1.5 a lot were even worse that FT so i really don't see japans logic! plus FT manga outsells most all of those anime in the list.

You are pretty new to this right.

Nope, it depends on the series, what audience and what source of revenue it has. Most of the 1 - 2% rating you see go to late night anime 12 am+ which could care less about ratings because they depend of disc sales or goes to early morning anime 6 am+ BUT in this case while could care less about disc sales, those ratings are normal for those timeslots, so no problem for them.

For morning 8- 11 am ratings matter, just as they do for evening-night anime.

Lots of you are on denial, ratings were awful, no question about it, and surely the reason it got canceled.

very true i am not all that knowledgeable about how tv works in japan and im not really in denial i know it got bad ratings but still its a shame that during the best ark where it had the best chance of bouncing back it would get canceled plus just by looking at the photo of the new show i can tell it looks like shit way less interesting that FT same thing with Bleach the naruto spin off that replaced it is just pitiful!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »