Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

Mar 2, 2013 10:32 AM

So only four more episodes? That's very disappointing. Fairy tail is one of my favorite shows. Its sad to see it end half way through its current story arc.

Mar 2, 2013 10:45 AM

jmal said:
What the shit, March 30th? That soon? Can Grand Magic Games even be wrapped up by then? That sucks, there goes one of my long-running Sunday anime. At least there's still Uchuu Kyoudai and Hunter x Hunter.

Nope, it can't. Its still going on in the manga.

Mar 2, 2013 10:50 AM

So, this is supposed to be some sort of pause?
It would be sad if they ended it just like that, especially for people, unlike myself, who don't like reading manga..

Mar 2, 2013 10:55 AM
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:
What the shit, March 30th? That soon? Can Grand Magic Games even be wrapped up by then? That sucks, there goes one of my long-running Sunday anime. At least there's still Uchuu Kyoudai and Hunter x Hunter.

That's part of the good news.

Think like this:

How many battle shonen have ended with a few episodes of anime original or at the end of a big/important arc that can be slightly used as a ending.

Now think how many ended mid-arc, at the end of a huge cliffhanger chapter.

Helpful Hint: 0%

Mar 2, 2013 10:58 AM
Sanji Fangirl

Whaaaat was my reaction.
But i'm actually glad that it's ending.
Even though i love shounen, i don't like it when there's to many episodes.
(One Piece being the only exeption. Don't want it to end.)

Mar 2, 2013 11:01 AM

I think it's the best solution since the anime is way to close to the manga... In fact, they should have done this before starting the filler arc...
Still, it won't be the same, watching FT every week for about 2 years, I'll need some time to get used to it xP

Mar 2, 2013 11:02 AM

Chibi-Alice said:
Whaaaat was my reaction.
How can you be happy when it's ending in the middle of an arc.For the ending they are going to make some bullshit up.

Mar 2, 2013 11:03 AM

Sophilia said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?

Getting too close to the manga and low TV ratings.

Like Naruto never has that happening. And low ratings?!

That's why the constant filler arcs u_u

Mar 2, 2013 11:04 AM

MM-Rosiie said:
So I can marathon it, finally!

Lol same here

Mar 2, 2013 11:05 AM
dranime1 said:
Chibi-Alice said:
Whaaaat was my reaction.
How can you be happy when it's ending in the middle of an arc.for the ending they are going to make some bullshit up.

The episode titles are already out.
Its ending on a cliffhanger episode, the same one the manga did before it went on a 2 week "hiatus".

Mar 2, 2013 11:06 AM
I reckon it will come back in the future on a later TV slot -> Blood etc

Mar 2, 2013 11:12 AM

Oh no! why is this happening!! *sobs*

Mar 2, 2013 11:15 AM
I stopped watching it when it went in the on and off filler episodes, it's like Bleach it just needed to be put on a shelve for a bit.

Mar 2, 2013 11:18 AM

natssuu said:
Sophilia said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:
I have read the news earlier but they never mentioned why. O: Can someone tell me the reason?

Like Naruto never has that happening. And low ratings?!

That's why the constant filler arcs u_u

Naruto is way more popular than FT. its not like fairy tail is one of the big three and sells more than naruto
How to Watch Naruto Without Fille (Complete)r: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Find me on Final Fantasy XIV! IGN: Zaiga Heart (Aether Data Center - Siren Server)

Mar 2, 2013 11:18 AM

dtshyk said:
According to Televi Magazine, TV anime of Fairy Tail was announced to end on March 30th.

oh yes, this is hilariously amazing. garbage ass anime should've been tossed to the sharks years ago. be gone and stay gone, you will not be missed. same with bleach.

Mar 2, 2013 11:19 AM

Gyauttung said:
dranime1 said:
Z-flame said:
Ad now Bleach will take its place.
I wish

i miss bleach so much

^ Yeah me to.
I put Fairy Tale on hold a while ago and had been planning on catching up soon, this is a little disappointing considering I found it to be at the very least decent.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Mar 2, 2013 11:21 AM
doeman said:
dtshyk said:
According to Televi Magazine, TV anime of Fairy Tail was announced to end on March 30th.

oh yes, this is hilariously amazing. garbage ass anime should've been tossed to the sharks years ago. be gone and stay gone, you will not be missed. same with bleach.

Someone sounds buttfrustrated

Mar 2, 2013 11:21 AM
Kanade♥

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Hopefully that's the main reason then. Hell I'm hoping they end it on a cliffhanger, since I'd rather risk not having an ending than having them make one up if there's even the slightest chance it'll come back on air after a hiatus of some sort.

Been reading the thread and the supposed "Twitter" things. Like people said the Episode titles have been already released. It will end on a cliffhanger, also to the people saying "IT HAS LOW RATINGS IT WON'T COME BACK." Lol shut up, please.

I highly doubt Mashima would go and lie on his twitter that there is good news to be said, but cannot be said. If One piece can continue with how utterly shit it is Fairy tail will.

Looks like I got something to Marathon again when Summer comes.

Mar 2, 2013 11:22 AM

doeman said:
dtshyk said:

Are you drunk? you have bleach in your top 5 anime list
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

Mar 2, 2013 11:26 AM
Kanade♥

@Gash_V-D_Hetchum

What Chapter in the Manga will the anime end? Going to need to read it til it comes back.

Mar 2, 2013 11:27 AM
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
doeman said:
dtshyk said:

Someone sounds buttfrustrated

lmao

Mar 2, 2013 11:28 AM

I wonder how they're going to end the anime, when the arc (in the manga) hasn't even ended yet. Make up their own ending?

I'm kind of sad to hear this, since I just caught up with the anime. But I agree that the animation for FT has seen better days.

Edit: Never mind. lol Cliffhanger then.
Modified by weiquan1, Mar 2, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2, 2013 11:29 AM
Great news.

Mar 2, 2013 11:30 AM
RyanSaotome said:
Crugz said:
Also, I don't think Fairy Tail's ratings/sales were a problem at all; in fact I was under the impression that it had good ratings/sales.

You don't think the ratings were a problem simply because you were ignorant of them?

http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2012a.html

Early 2012, it was averaging about 2%

http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/2012b.html

Yet by the end of 2012, it had fallen down to 1% ratings. And its probably even lower now.

To give a comparison, Bleach was averaging 1.5% ratings when it got canned.

The movie bombing didn't help either.

Ok but after looking through all that by looking at the ratings where the series got canceled then compare it to the rating of everything else you see that the ratings are pretty average so really all but like 5 or 6 anime in japan should be canceled because they have a really shit rating....seems to me anime just isn't as popular as it use to be. Also you might argue well they want to start a new series because that is be popular and make them money.......to that i say false hardly any newly started series got better rating than like 1.5 a lot were even worse that FT so i really don't see japans logic! plus FT manga outsells most all of those anime in the list.

Mar 2, 2013 11:30 AM

Slicer22 said:
Are you drunk? you have bleach in your top 5 anime list

yup, used to be a HUGE fan. can't deny that part of my life, but sometime around 2010 i realized how bad it was and how much worse it was getting. especially after starting one piece around that time.
i picked up the manga where the anime left off, but i'm just reading it for completions sake.

Mar 2, 2013 11:31 AM
Tyrel said:
@Gash_V-D_Hetchum

What Chapter in the Manga will the anime end? Going to need to read it til it comes back.

i think 298

Mar 2, 2013 11:31 AM
fuck yeah

Mar 2, 2013 11:33 AM
Kanade♥

JavierR said:
Tyrel said:
@Gash_V-D_Hetchum

i think 298

Mkay xD

Mar 2, 2013 11:33 AM
Roloko said:
raionsama said:

Low ratings seems a bit strange considering FT manga volumes sell very well and ranks high . Japan seems to really like FT.

Mar 2, 2013 11:34 AM

JavierR said:
switch from a-1 pls when it comes back.

*if

Seems like the anime adaptation of Fairy Tail was in the wrong hands from the very beginning. This same studio is currently fucking up Magi. I usually just stuck to the FT manga, but I watched the anime on several occasions to see the battles, and the anime seemed quite poor. Re-used animations + still frames, pointless censoring (Edolas Lucy WTF), those god-awful magic circles, lack of blood, ect. So, IF the anime does get a sequel, I'd also want it to be animated by another studio.

I kinda feel bad for anime-only watchers though. But One Piece, Hunter x Hunter and Gintama are still going strong, so at least they can watch superior currently airing shounen.

Mar 2, 2013 11:34 AM

doeman said:
dtshyk said:

You just read my mind.

--------

Best morning news in a long time. I'm enjoying my coffe more than ever.

Mar 2, 2013 11:36 AM

Tyrel said:
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Hopefully that's the main reason then. Hell I'm hoping they end it on a cliffhanger, since I'd rather risk not having an ending than having them make one up if there's even the slightest chance it'll come back on air after a hiatus of some sort.

Been reading the thread and the supposed "Twitter" things. Like people said the Episode titles have been already released. It will end on a cliffhanger, also to the people saying "IT HAS LOW RATINGS IT WON'T COME BACK." Lol shut up, please.

I highly doubt Mashima would go and lie on his twitter that there is good news to be said, but cannot be said. If One piece can continue with how utterly shit it is Fairy tail will.

Why would you even Compare One Piece to this? It has 7-8 times the ratings that Fairy Tail has.

And bringing up the ratings is a totally viable argument, since they don't make anime out of the kindness of their hearts. If they are losing sponsors due to the lack of people watching that timeslot, they will remove the show and add something with more potential to make money.

Mar 2, 2013 11:37 AM
Kanade♥

RyanSaotome said:
Tyrel said:
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:

Why would you even Compare One Piece to this? It has 7-8 times the ratings that Fairy Tail has.

And bringing up the ratings is a totally viable argument, since they don't make anime out of the kindness of their hearts. If they are losing sponsors due to the lack of people watching that timeslot, they will remove the show and add something with more potential to make money.

Because One piece is utter garbage in my POV next to Bleach.

Mar 2, 2013 11:40 AM

I dislike reading shonen manga, so not good news for me.

Mar 2, 2013 11:40 AM

WAIT WHAT WTF WHY.........

Mar 2, 2013 11:42 AM

It's inevitable since the manga and anime are too close o.o No need to panic, when the gap widens it will start again because FT anime is sure popular >.<

Mar 2, 2013 11:43 AM
that's very sad :(
is there gonna be second season or something like that ?

Mar 2, 2013 11:45 AM

taydev said:
Roloko said:
raionsama said:

Low ratings seems a bit strange considering FT manga volumes sell very well and ranks high . Japan seems to really like FT.
Manga and anime are different. Fairy Tail's anime ratings are pretty low.

Mar 2, 2013 11:46 AM
TV ratings shouldn't matter much as the anime's bigger goal was to advertise the manga (which has been doing very well). Sad to see it go and I can't see how they'll even manage to give it a good ending since we're smack in the middle of some important things. ):

Mar 2, 2013 11:47 AM

Tyrel said:
If One piece can continue with how utterly shit it is Fairy tail will.

One Piece is in an entirely different league. It's not even a matter of opinion.

Mar 2, 2013 11:49 AM

Question; where would one start reading the manga from to continue from the anime now?

Mar 2, 2013 11:50 AM

Mavis_Vermillion said:
Tyrel said:

One Piece is in an entirely different league. It's not even a matter of opinion.

somebody gets it.
hell, even if someone naturally despises shonen anime/manga, how can you not admit that one piece is by FAR the better series.

Mar 2, 2013 11:51 AM

Tyrel said:
Because One piece is utter garbage in my POV next to Bleach.
That's completely fine, but it's ratings are a fact. And it's a fact that it's sold the most out of like any manga, and that it's two latest movies have broken records for the money they make. Which is why One Piece is not getting cancelled, Bleach did get cancelled, and Fairy Tail is getting cancelled.

Mar 2, 2013 11:52 AM

XxspiritxX1 said:

Ok but after looking through all that by looking at the ratings where the series got canceled then compare it to the rating of everything else you see that the ratings are pretty average so really all but like 5 or 6 anime in japan should be canceled because they have a really shit rating....seems to me anime just isn't as popular as it use to be. Also you might argue well they want to start a new series because that is be popular and make them money.......to that i say false hardly any newly started series got better rating than like 1.5 a lot were even worse that FT so i really don't see japans logic! plus FT manga outsells most all of those anime in the list.

You are pretty new to this right.

Nope, it depends on the series, what audience and what source of revenue it has. Most of the 1 - 2% rating you see go to late night anime 12 am+ which could care less about ratings because they depend of disc sales or goes to early morning anime 6 am+ BUT in this case while could care less about disc sales, those ratings are normal for those timeslots, so no problem for them.

For morning 8- 11 am ratings matter, just as they do for evening-night anime.

Lots of you are on denial, ratings were awful, no question about it, and surely the reason it got canceled.

Mar 2, 2013 11:54 AM

Just start watching this anime little time ago, such bad news

Mar 2, 2013 11:54 AM
Kanade♥

doeman said:
Mavis_Vermillion said:
Tyrel said:

somebody gets it.
hell, even if someone naturally despises shonen anime/manga, how can you not admit that one piece is by FAR the better series.

Maybe it is, but who knows. I dropped that garbage show at episode 50 and don't plan on taking it up again.

Mar 2, 2013 11:56 AM

Tyrel said:
Maybe it is, but who knows. I dropped that garbage show at episode 50 and don't plan on taking it up again.

wait. are you talking about one piece or fairy fail?

Mar 2, 2013 11:57 AM
Kanade♥

doeman said:
Tyrel said:

One piece derp. Anyways done here, adios~

Mar 2, 2013 11:59 AM

LayedBack said:
Fairy Tail has been decreasing steadily decreasing in quality for a long time now. Honestly I think it's time a different anime take up that slot.

I am disappointed and mad that they are canceling it, but I have to agree with you. In the beginning the quality of Fairy Tail was TOP NOTCH, the animation, character development, EVERYTHING. But after they defeated Laxus I did notice the show go on a steady decline with cheesy lines about friendship that made me facepalm

Mar 2, 2013 12:00 PM

Tyrel said:
doeman said:
Tyrel said:

One piece derp. Anyways done here, adios~

OMG......... the series doesn't start till shortly after that. i know 1p is slow to begin with, but once they hit the grand line, it's in a different league. the storyline picks up immensely.

trust me, give it another shot. 1p gets better the more you watch it.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »