Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Genei wo Kakeru Taiyo' Due in July

New
Mar 2, 2013 7:04 AM

Feb 2008
An official website for an original TV anime titled "Gen-ei wo Kakeru Taiyo - il sole penetra le illusioni -" was launched on March 3rd. It will be aired from July 2013.

Genei Taiyo official website (trailer on the lower left)

Cast
Kadowaki Mai
Kitamura Eri
Tokui Sora
Tatsumi Yuiko

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou on MAL
KinetaMar 13, 2013 1:48 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 2013 7:09 AM
Dec 2008
PV didn't interest me that much, more magical girl animes
Mar 2, 2013 7:10 AM

Jul 2012
Mahou shoujo? I'm in.
Mar 2, 2013 7:12 AM

Jan 2008
Moe blobs, or at the very least, more blob than the normal blobs. Feels like a Madoka clone or at least influenced by it.
Mar 2, 2013 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
Loli Mahou Shoujo with some Madoka vibe. The background art looks pretty good. Interesting that they announced the seiyuu info first not the studio or staff.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 7:15 AM
Dec 2012
Looks pretty interesting..
Full of lolis lol
Mar 2, 2013 7:21 AM

Jul 2011
Gorgeous scenery.
Cool powers.

But lolis.

And looks very influenced by madoka.
Mar 2, 2013 7:28 AM

Apr 2011
Looks interesting enough. Do we have any studio's name?
Mar 2, 2013 7:30 AM

Jul 2008
Loving the art style.

Mar 2, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
To be announced in a stage event in ACE Expo on Mar 30th.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 7:51 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
yhunata said:
To be announced in a stage event in ACE Expo on Mar 30th.

Well, I'll wait till then to put it in my PTW list, though it probably will go into it no matter what studio it is.
Mar 2, 2013 7:56 AM

May 2009
Hm...

- Dark atmosphere
- Magic
- Cute girls
- Attractive art style
- Solid voice cast

Seems like Madoka Magica has inspired another dark magical girl show. The PV has piqued my interest, so I'm expecting much from this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2012
LOLI MAGICAL GIRLS ??

WWAWAWAWA <3 <3 <3 <3 BEST THING EVER

Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 2, 2013 8:00 AM
Sep 2012
Looks good enough to watch it.
Mar 2, 2013 8:09 AM

Sep 2012
Tommk said:
LOLI MAGICAL GIRLS ??

Yes, best thing ever, isn't it?

Anyway, most magical girls are loli FYI lol

Mar 2, 2013 8:11 AM

May 2011
This looks really good. Sort of reminds me of Madoka.
Mar 2, 2013 8:14 AM

May 2012
symbv said:
Tommk said:
LOLI MAGICAL GIRLS ??

Yes, best thing ever, isn't it?

No shit, best thing ever. Best news of the year.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 2, 2013 8:18 AM

Mar 2011
Worth checking out.
Mar 2, 2013 8:30 AM
May 2012
this looks interesting. reminds me of Madoka Magica
Mar 2, 2013 8:41 AM

Jul 2012
How come everyone thinks that every new magical girl anime is influenced and somehow going to be inspired by Madoka? Can't we have a new mahou shoujo that doesn't somehow relate to Madoka, please?
Mar 2, 2013 8:48 AM

Apr 2011
ihateeveryone said:
How come everyone thinks that every new magical girl anime is influenced and somehow going to be inspired by Madoka? Can't we have a new mahou shoujo that doesn't somehow relate to Madoka, please?

It's called generalization. Ex; every game-related anime is from now on gonna be a SAO rip-off and is gonna suck.
Mar 2, 2013 8:49 AM

May 2011
ihateeveryone said:

It's kinda like taking an idol series and comparing it to iDOLM@STER. Even if the series is different at heart from Madoka, there are a lot of exterior similarities that will lead to the inevitable comparisons. The same thing can happen between shows like Mondaiji and Dog Days, K-on and moeblog anime, Sword Art Online and the .hack series, and ecchi action series similar to Senran Kagura.
Mar 2, 2013 8:54 AM

Dec 2008
Yeah... Uh... NO! Not much for the magical girls stuff.
Mar 2, 2013 8:59 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I don't mind the mahou shoujo theme but I rly don't like the art. Why so moe? It's so annoying. At least Madoka had some decent art.
Mar 2, 2013 9:00 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:

and that only makes it better.

Maffy said:
I don't mind the mahou shoujo theme but I rly don't like the art. Why so moe? It's so annoying. At least Madoka had some decent art.

Madoka's art is also moe, to most people at least. Why so moe? Cause it sells, why it sells? cause popular, why popular? cause people like, people who spend their money, that is, so when people like, japan make more.
Downgrade355Mar 2, 2013 9:09 AM
Mar 2, 2013 9:12 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:

Maffy said:
Madoka's art is also moe, to most people at least. Why so moe? Cause it sells, why it sells? cause popular, why popular? cause people like, people who spend their money, that is.
To be honest, Madoka's art was not thought to be moe at the beginning. People always have some reservation about the character design of Aoki Ume (despite the success of Hidamari). So you are right in saying that it got moe because it got popular first.

And for this anime, the initial reaction of fans in Japan does not seem to call it moe. So Maffy, your reaction is basically: "I don't like this cute art style, so it must be moe", which is not really how you understand moe and its artstyle.

Mar 2, 2013 9:22 AM

Sep 2009
It remain Madoka, yes. But it reminedes some other animes too. Rozen Maiden at most. But I like the PV and voice cast are good so I'll try it
Mar 2, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
To be honest, Madoka's art was not thought to be moe at the beginning. People always have some reservation about the character design of Aoki Ume (despite the success of Hidamari). So you are right in saying that it got moe because it got popular first.

And for this anime, the initial reaction of fans in Japan does not seem to call it moe. So Maffy, your reaction is basically: "I don't like this cute art style, so it must be moe", which is not really how you understand moe and its artstyle.

"moe" isn't an artstyle to begin with, so anyone calling this "moe" clearly has no idea what's going on or what even "moe" means, and of course fans in japan won't call it "moe", because moe isn't an artstyle or an anime genre for that matter.
Mar 2, 2013 9:43 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
"moe" isn't an artstyle to begin with, so anyone calling this "moe" clearly has no idea what's going on or what even "moe" means, and of course fans in japan won't call it "moe", because moe isn't an artstyle or an anime genre for that matter.
True, although personally I'd accept a term "moe artstyle" for a category of art style which a lot of fans would identify to have moe appeal straight away just from the design itself, before even any animation, story, voice acting or music kicks in. And this kind of artstyle is not what this anime or Madoka has.

Mar 2, 2013 9:46 AM

Jun 2009
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica with lolis...

Mar 2, 2013 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
yhunata said:
ihateeveryone said:

It's called generalization. Ex; every game-related anime is from now on gonna be a SAO rip-off and is gonna suck.

Well that totally sucks.
Mar 2, 2013 9:49 AM

May 2011
Downgrade355 said:
symbv said:

I agree. "Moe" is a fairly subjective term and has no objective basis for what can and cannot be applied to it, but through the popular application of typical character archetypes, the meaning to it has been lost within the otaku fanbase. The term moe can literally be applied to anything and Madoka is far from an exception. Don't confuse the meaning of "moe" while making improper generalizations!
Mar 2, 2013 9:49 AM
Feb 2012
Ever since Madoka Magica I learned not to judge a book by its cover. And I certainly don't intend to change that now.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 2, 2013 9:55 AM

May 2011
GuiltyKing said:
Ever since Madoka Magica I learned not to judge a book by its cover. And I certainly don't intend to change that now.

It's better to judge by the staff. Madoka was great because of the director and Urobuchi Gen.
Mar 2, 2013 9:58 AM

Mar 2011
not so interesting preview.
good seiyu cast tho.
i'm in.

Mar 2, 2013 10:08 AM

Jun 2009
Preview looks great! Reminded me a bit of MAdoka, so it's even better! I'm definitely in. It seems that I will be watching two magical girl anime this summer. :3
Mar 2, 2013 10:11 AM

Jan 2011
Looks more like Prism Nana than Madoka to me. Well I see some nice action so I'm in.
[center]
Mar 2, 2013 10:15 AM

Oct 2011
ihateeveryone said:
Because a lot of people mostly know Madoka from this genre?
Which is rather natural due to popularity and being more adult oriented - ok Nanoha also does this but it's smaller now it seems.

And to second thing... there is Precure (ok it's for kids but genre fits), somewhere this year there will be also Sailor Moon.
There was some project from ufotable if I recall.
Mar 2, 2013 10:16 AM

Jul 2012
kenshin_sama said:
GuiltyKing said:

It's better to judge by the staff. Madoka was great because of the director and Urobuchi Gen.

And SHAFT.
Mar 2, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2011
ihateeveryone said:
kenshin_sama said:
GuiltyKing said:

And SHAFT.

The faces in Madoka creeped me out so much I couldn't even watch it.
Mar 2, 2013 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
Guess you are not a fan of Hidamari Sketch then.

Mar 2, 2013 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
My body is ready :v
Mar 2, 2013 10:28 AM

May 2011
ihateeveryone said:
kenshin_sama said:
GuiltyKing said:

And SHAFT.

Normally I don't use production studios as a basis for evaluation, but Shaft and White Fox are pretty damn consistent when it comes to making good anime as compared to most others (going off what I've read on reviews and the few that I've seen from either of them).
Mar 2, 2013 10:32 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
yhunata said:
Guess you are not a fan of Hidamari Sketch then.

Haven't watched it yet. And having looked at it's MAL entry, I wouldn't say I would be one.
Mar 2, 2013 10:49 AM

Jan 2011
DYRE said:
kenshin_sama said:
ihateeveryone said:
kenshin_sama said:
GuiltyKing said:

And SHAFT.

Normally I don't use production studios as a basis for evaluation, but Shaft and White Fox are pretty damn consistent when it comes to making good anime as compared to most others (going off what I've read on reviews and the few that I've seen from either of them).

Um... not really. At least for SHAFT. I guess if you forget about every SHAFT production that isn't Hidamari Sketch, *monogatari, or Madoka, maybe. But they also did their fair share of average stuff like Denpa Onna or Moon Phase, and outright bad stuff like Dance in the Vampire Bund.

As for White Fox, it doesn't seem like they have done a whole lot but even then I'm pretty sure the only ones they've done that are generally considered very good are Katanagatari and Steins;Gate.

SHAFT also has SZS, Arakawa under the bridge, and Maria Holic which I rarely almost never see people say bad things about.

Jormungand and Tears to tiara were pretty good adaptions from White fox.
[center]
Mar 2, 2013 11:41 AM

Nov 2011
Might give this one a shot.
Mar 2, 2013 11:44 AM

Sep 2011
loli anyone?
Mar 2, 2013 12:09 PM

Nov 2009
This looks interesting, i noticed how the art looks similar to C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Mar 2, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2011
MagicFlier said:
This looks interesting, i noticed how the art looks similar to C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Now that you say that, yeah. It does have a similar look.
Mar 2, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2012
hmm...looks interesting I'm in
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.