Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Genei wo Kakeru Taiyo' Due in July

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2013 12:32 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Full of lolis, but the PV is kinda intriguing. Curious about the cast.
Mar 2, 2013 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
Guys the characters are cute quick start insulting it before you lose street cred.

So tired of people raging about moe.

Thread retail, looks fun can't wait.
Mar 2, 2013 1:15 PM

May 2011
kenshin_sama said:
ihateeveryone said:
How come everyone thinks that every new magical girl anime is influenced and somehow going to be inspired by Madoka? Can't we have a new mahou shoujo that doesn't somehow relate to Madoka, please?

It's kinda like taking an idol series and comparing it to iDOLM@STER. Even if the series is different at heart from Madoka, there are a lot of exterior similarities that will lead to the inevitable comparisons. The same thing can happen between shows like Mondaiji and Dog Days, K-on and moeblog anime, Sword Art Online and the .hack series, and ecchi action series similar to Senran Kagura.

Man, you beat me. I was going to say that. Btw, looking forward to it.
Mar 2, 2013 1:46 PM

Oct 2010
The art does not appeal to me whatsoever.
Mar 2, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2010
Mahou shoujo? I'm in.
DARK maou shoujo? WOWOWOW, definitely will watch!
It would be awesome, if Madoka Magika actually starts new genre.
Art looks a bit... And I loved Madoka designs. Animation in the PV looked actually pretty flat. Well, so far I'm quite interested in it, girl with violet hair looks like the new Homura.
Mar 2, 2013 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
kenshin_sama said:
ihateeveryone said:
kenshin_sama said:
GuiltyKing said:
Ever since Madoka Magica I learned not to judge a book by its cover. And I certainly don't intend to change that now.

It's better to judge by the staff. Madoka was great because of the director and Urobuchi Gen.

And SHAFT.

Normally I don't use production studios as a basis for evaluation, but Shaft and White Fox are pretty damn consistent when it comes to making good anime as compared to most others (going off what I've read on reviews and the few that I've seen from either of them).

Just to clarify, I was adding on another reason why Madoka was great, and it was due to SHAFT's production values and quirks, imo. I dont think that every SHAFT anime will be as amazing as it though, since they do have flops/average anime. Like Sasami and Denpa Onna.
Mar 2, 2013 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:

Just to clarify, I was adding on another reason why Madoka was great, and it was due to SHAFT's production values and quirks, imo. I dont think that every SHAFT anime will be as amazing as it though, since they do have flops/average anime. Like Sasami and Denpa Onna.

I think we should all agree that SHAFT is one of the best studios out there to make it simple lol.
Mar 2, 2013 3:57 PM
Jan 2013
Here, have a subbed PV, courtesy of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlvekoZr0n8
Mar 2, 2013 4:03 PM

Feb 2012
puddi said:
Here, have a subbed PV, courtesy of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlvekoZr0n8

Appreciated :D

Doesn't spark my interest... probably because I'm looking forward to Prism Nana more~ And the character design... why.
Mar 2, 2013 5:33 PM
Sep 2012
yhunata said:
Looks interesting enough. Do we have any studio's name?

http://www.studioanima.co.jp/

Don't know if its for the anime production or for the 3D frames or something else. (Different name, same characters)
Mar 2, 2013 6:06 PM
Jul 2008
It does look like the baby between precure and madoka.
Looks weird but original anime always has something to offer. Might be shit, but you never know till you taste it.
Mar 2, 2013 7:44 PM

Oct 2010
the character designs look intresting so i might watch it when it comes out.
Mar 2, 2013 7:47 PM

Jun 2009
I love when the character designs really draw you in. I am hesitant about magical girl anime, but I might have to check it out if it starts well.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 2, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2011
Looks like Madoka, from the eerie Kajiura-esque music at the beginning to the backgrounds to the cartoony art styles that remind me so heavily of Madoka's witch barriers. I don't wanna judge it but this anime is screaming Madoka ripoff. Well, I'll probably watch regardless.
Mar 2, 2013 8:19 PM

Nov 2008
Good Lord i'll pass
Mar 2, 2013 8:33 PM

Aug 2011
Looks interesting...I'd hate to compare it to Madoka, but you can't deny the art style isn't somewhat similar especially at the beginning.

I like the background music already though.
Mar 2, 2013 8:57 PM

Dec 2009
I wish they'd bring guys back to the magical girl genre as a, preferably subtle, romantic interest ...like the good ol' days with Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura
Mar 2, 2013 10:36 PM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
yhunata said:

Where did you find that this studio is linked to the production of this anime? I am curious.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 10:43 PM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
bippo said:
yhunata said:

Where did you find that this studio is linked to the production of this anime? I am curious.

http://www.studioanima.co.jp/works/original/2012/02/-blood-of-fortune-2.html
[center]
Mar 2, 2013 10:53 PM

Nov 2008
lolifest

Despite being Madoka-ish, I'll add to my Summerfest of loli anime.

Mar 2, 2013 11:31 PM

Apr 2011
YESSS MADOKA 2 IS FINALLY HERE!!!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 2, 2013 11:49 PM

Jun 2011
MM-Rosiie said:
Gorgeous scenery.
Cool powers.

But lolis.

And looks very influenced by madoka.

AND
Cool powers and art, but don't really like the characters' design. What's with the tied loli spreading her legs in the PV lol..
ihateeveryone said:
How come everyone thinks that every new magical girl anime is influenced and somehow going to be inspired by Madoka? Can't we have a new mahou shoujo that doesn't somehow relate to Madoka, please?

Get hyped and be disappointed.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 2, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2012
It'd interest me more if they weren't lolis.
Mar 3, 2013 1:35 AM

Jun 2010
Nice visuals. Seems heavily inspired by Madoka & Black Rock Shooter.
Mar 3, 2013 1:54 AM
Jul 2012
preview looks awesome as fuck <3

edit: yeah, I'm not too fond of lolis either, but oh well..
Mar 3, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
symbv said:
bippo said:
yhunata said:

http://www.studioanima.co.jp/works/original/2012/02/-blood-of-fortune-2.html
Your link shows this title: 幻影のメサイア BLOOD of FORTUNE
This anime's name is 幻影ヲ駆ケル太陽
Only the first two kanji are the same.... Hmm...
That said, the link of Blood of Fortune in the Studio Anima site http://www.geneino.com/ indeed shows character silhouette that look similar to what can be seen in the geneitaiyo site http://www.geneitaiyo.com/
I guess we are onto something.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 3, 2013 4:21 AM

Oct 2011
mahou shoujo genre? hmm..
Mar 3, 2013 2:48 PM

Feb 2011
No MAL page yet ?
Mar 3, 2013 10:49 PM

Aug 2011
Lolis or not, I'm definitely watching this. :D The art is very pretty.

Mar 4, 2013 12:26 AM

Nov 2007
UnbornMVs said:
No MAL page yet ?

This entry is still in the queue... but here: Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 4, 2013 12:30 AM

Jan 2013
Holy crap the animation for this is stunning.
Mar 4, 2013 8:17 AM
Mar 2010
bokurawaitsumo said:
I wish they'd bring guys back to the magical girl genre as a, preferably subtle, romantic interest ...like the good ol' days with Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura

as much as it hurts me to say this, things like that don't sell anymore. Unless you watch anime targeted at little girls like Jewelpet...
shame though. I could really use another anime like Cardcaptor Sakura right now.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 4, 2013 10:10 AM
Dec 2009
jmal said:
phoenixalia said:
bokurawaitsumo said:
as much as it hurts me to say this, things like that don't sell anymore. Unless you watch anime targeted at little girls like Jewelpet...

Putting aside my total lack of desire to see guys in a show like this pretty much ever, I think it's mixing up target audiences to compare CCS or Sailor Moon to something like this or Madoka or Nanoha or various other mahou shoujo anime explicitly targeting male late night anime otaku that have come around in recent years.

Certainly Sailor Moon and CCS developed a strong adult male fanbase, but that wasn't really their goal. There are still plenty of mahou shoujo anime aimed at young girls, the traditional target audience, though outside of Precure I can't say I've watched any. I would agree there likely hasn't been anything comparable to CCS recently though. However I'd argue that the "appeals outside of young girl target audience" aspects of CCS are precisely what evolved into shows like Nanoha and Madoka.

You mean that CCS and Sailor Moon were the ones that evolved and expanded the mahou shoujo genre as well as the fanbase and that they lead an inspiration to future mahou shoujo projects from generation to generation world, depicting them in a different ranges.

Mar 4, 2013 1:01 PM

Feb 2011
Ejc said:
UnbornMVs said:
No MAL page yet ?

This entry is still in the queue... but here: Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou.

Thanks a lot mate :)
Mar 6, 2013 12:22 PM
Dec 2009
jmal said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:
You mean that CCS and Sailor Moon were the ones that evolved and expanded the mahou shoujo genre as well as the fanbase and that they lead an inspiration to future mahou shoujo projects from generation to generation world, depicting them in a different ranges.

I don't know what point you're trying to make or what you're attempting to "correct".

I was trying to understand what you were saying, but i got myself confused at the same time. Sorry about that.

Mar 6, 2013 4:56 PM

Sep 2012
A little too loli for me, but looks interesting enough; plus, it has the bonus of being original.
Mar 14, 2013 7:14 PM

Aug 2011
I guess I'll watch it... It DOES have KitaEri...
Mar 14, 2013 10:18 PM

Mar 2013
Looks gawjiss.
I’m just excited to see my Lord and Savior, Baphomet, represented in such glorious Italian stone. I do hope his eyes gaze upon me and that my allegiance is recognized.

Mar 30, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2012
Official website updated with studio and staff information, as well as other stuff like story introduction, character design and novel & manga to go with the show.

http://www.geneitaiyo.com/

And the studio turns out to be AIC.

It is about a group of little girls picked from 22 tribes who use the Good Tarot named "Elemental Tarot" to fight the evil side using the "Diabolical Tarot"

Mar 30, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
It is about a group of little girls

I'm sold.

Mar 30, 2013 9:28 AM

Feb 2012
Still have mixed feelings...
Mar 30, 2013 9:37 AM

Apr 2011
Loli

Mahou

Dark atmosphere

Obvious success is obvious
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 30, 2013 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
HauntingShock said:
Still have mixed feelings...

Same Here, Altho Im willing to give it a try more or less.
Mar 30, 2013 3:50 PM

Mar 2013
I'll pass.Another magical girl anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
6 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.