Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 1, 2013 7:56 PM

Oct 2011
Hey.. just saw this article http://animepaw.com/fairy-tail-tv-series-ends-on-march-30-2013/ and thought I would post it here..

Is this for real? I mean.. really? I mean.. there is nothing that would suck as much as this message for anything regarding anime right now o.O

And even then, why would they let it end during an arc? I don't read the manga but the current arc is still ongoing in the manga, right?

I think even a break would be horrible for me.. or is this some kind of bad joke and it just gets another airing time or whatever?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2013 8:02 PM

Oct 2012
maybe they are just switching time slots
Mar 1, 2013 8:04 PM

Nov 2010
I'll wait until we get official news.
Mar 1, 2013 8:08 PM
Oct 2011
"As unveiled on an unidentified magazine"
Some magazines post un-credible news sometimes, but an unidentified magazine? It makes me wonder why that website is the only one who knew those info and not ANN or MAL for example.

Also, Tanken Driland started airing last year, so unless it's just a changing of slots, I doubt those news are true.
Mar 1, 2013 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
An end in the middle of an arc doesn't make sense and hopefully will not happen when the manga is continuing at the usual pace. I'd say this is either Fake news or a misunderstanding on the magazines side. I hope at least, I don't want another one of these.
RydakoMar 1, 2013 8:32 PM
Mar 1, 2013 10:52 PM

Jul 2010
True why would they end it in the middle of a great arc??? This is why I doubt it will end March 30th.I suggest people who don't read the manga should read it now.

1.they will atleast let you see the big battle between Natsu and two other dragon slayers.
2.they will leave you at a cliffhanger on who the mystery person is
3.thank god the manga is still on going
4.why in the middle of an arc and at the begining too( there's more for people who don't read the manga)
5.hopefully this is just a rumor
6.also because it caught up to the manga? (Kinda).
7.in the manga he is so ahead now,you can animate them
8.you can't just cut off some fans so just see the anime like that ( but then in many anime they have).
9.Hiro Mashima tell this isn't true
10.I want to know this so called unknown magazine( I want your facts)*reads artical*
Ooooook then I want confirmation from Mashima to believe this meanwhile I don't believe this.
Mar 1, 2013 10:58 PM

Apr 2010
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-14859.html

Yep, its ending. Yaraon is trustworthy. They were the ones who broke Gintama ending yesterday.

I hope this doesn't become another Bleach thing where fans are in denial. I mean I love Fairy Tail, but the writing has been on the wall... Its ratings have been terrible recently and its director is doing a new project in Fall. He wouldn't have been able to direct both at the same time.
RyanSaotomeMar 1, 2013 11:03 PM

Mar 1, 2013 10:59 PM
Sep 2010
Either way this anime is ending but there may be a continuation.

OdayamaMar 1, 2013 11:22 PM
Mar 1, 2013 11:16 PM

Nov 2011
I'm more curious why the series would end abruptly like that if the news is true. I mean, if it really ends on March 30th, there's only room for about 4 episodes and I assume they will cover...

However, there's much more going on right now from the manga. I'm guessing it might be a change in the time slot or something.
Mar 1, 2013 11:22 PM

Dec 2011
Damn it...why are they ending it when the manga is being very good lately.Well i hope one day they will continue to animate it
Mar 1, 2013 11:27 PM

Nov 2011
Stark700 said:
I'm more curious why the series would end abruptly like that if the news is true. I mean, if it really ends on March 30th, there's only room for about 4 episodes and I assume they will cover...

However, there's much more going on right now from the manga. I'm guessing it might be a change in the time slot or something.

The next 4 episodes are:

The last one on the list coincides on March 30. But I can't imagine them not continuing Day 5, that's the highlight of the games.
Mar 1, 2013 11:29 PM

Mar 2012
Day 5 is the best day. I don't think they won't animate it.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 1, 2013 11:32 PM
Dec 2012
I suppose it's a timeslot or channel switch? I'm sure the franchise has enough cacife to not cut a season short out of the blue.
Mar 1, 2013 11:39 PM

Sep 2012
mtgowns said:
I suppose it's a timeslot or channel switch? I'm sure the franchise has enough cacife to not cut a season short out of the blue.
One TV channel Gifu TV put "Fairy Tail: Last episode 3/28" on its website. I think it is final.
http://www.zf-web.com/anime/fairytail/
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 1, 2013 11:44 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
mtgowns said:
One TV channel Gifu TV put "Fairy Tail: Last episode 3/28" on its website. I think it is final.

That seals the deal then.

Can't really blame them, the ratings are as bad as Naruto. But I feel bad for the anime-only fans because Day 5 is really better than Day 1 to 4 combined. I won't even see the incoming epic Laxus and Erza fights animated *sigh*
Mar 1, 2013 11:47 PM

Mar 2012
LanceC said:
symbv said:
mtgowns said:

That seals the deal then.

Can't really blame them, the ratings are as bad as Naruto. But I feel bad for the anime-only fans because Day 5 is really better than Day 1 to 4 combined. I won't even see the incoming epic Laxus and Erza fights animated *sigh*
My favorite Gray and Juvia momment is gone now.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 1, 2013 11:52 PM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:

My NaLu moment too :'(

The anime-only watchers won't even learn about the truth behind the GMG and some certain characters (sgsajghjkagurachankfjsalkjfkj). At least cut it AFTER this arc :(
Mar 1, 2013 11:57 PM

Mar 2012
LanceC said:
NeoAnkara said:

My NaLu moment too :'(

The anime-only watchers won't even learn about the truth behind the GMG and some certain characters (sgsajghjkagurachankfjsalkjfkj). At least cut it AFTER this arc :(
I think that can still count as NaLu momment even though it's not really correct.
Mar 2, 2013 12:01 AM

Apr 2011
Is this true?? :(
Mar 2, 2013 12:10 AM
Oct 2012
Doesnt make sense if their going to end it and during an arc . no no !!!!!!!!
Mar 2, 2013 12:12 AM
Oct 2012
Mar 2, 2013 12:12 AM

Apr 2010
mohammedafif said:

It might not make sense in the anime itself, but the suits who see an anime under-performing and not making money likely don't care about that. They will end it in a timely fashion to not lose money.

Mar 2, 2013 12:18 AM
Dec 2012
symbv said:
mtgowns said:

Yikes. Let's hope production is buried only temporarily, but cutting an anime halfway through an arc doesn't bode well for a comeback.

At least there's the manga, I suppose.

It might not make sense in the anime itself, but the suits who see an anime under-performing and not making money likely don't care about that. They will end it in a timely fashion to not lose money.

Typically it's better to finish up whatever you're doing before stopping production of a franchise; it keeps re-introduction a lot more palatable. They would have to be bleeding badly to abruptly end animation.
Mar 2, 2013 12:19 AM
Mar 2013
im ending on march 30th
Mar 2, 2013 12:20 AM

Mar 2012
RyanSaotome said:
mohammedafif said:

It's industry after all but I hope they back with a bang.
Mar 2, 2013 12:57 AM
Mar 2013
its doesnt make sense to stop airing the anime in the middle of an arc
i doubt is just a april mop prank
Mar 2, 2013 12:57 AM

Sep 2010
Yup, it will end with this:
Mar 2, 2013 1:48 AM
Oct 2011
Confirmed It's been reported on ANN as well:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-02/fairy-tail-anime-tv-run-to-end-on-march-30
Candor123Mar 2, 2013 3:34 AM
Mar 2, 2013 1:50 AM

Sep 2012
Well, they used the same source as the "unidentified magazine" of the initial post which you were being skeptical. So I do not see that ANN is showing more authenticity about the news, so I won't call it "confirmed". It's more like "also reported on ANN".

BTW, that "unidentified magazine" is actually a magazine named "Terebi Magazin" which is basically a TV guide.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 1:52 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
Well, they used the same source as the "unidentified magazine" of the initial post which you were being skeptical. So I do not see that ANN is showing more authenticity about the news, so I won't call it "confirmed". It's more like "also reported on ANN".
If it's on this site news section too then it setled.
Mar 2, 2013 1:54 AM

Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
But where is the source for its news section? Basically I don't see how we should trust ANN news more than what a poster found in 2ch if they are using the same source.

Note that I also reported evidence of its ending after Feb, but my source of the official website of a TV station in Japan at least can be trusted to be authoritative.

If anything I would say that it was already settled when 2ch reported this with the scan of the Terebi Magazin page, or at least when the first poster started this thread 6 hours ago.

Mar 2, 2013 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
NeoAnkara said:
symbv said:
But where is the source for its news section? Basically I don't see how we should trust ANN news more than what a poster found in 2ch if they are using the same source.

Note that I also reported evidence of its ending after Feb, but my source of the official website of a TV station in Japan at least can be trusted to be authoritative.
And I hope it's only joke.
Mar 2, 2013 1:58 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:

BTW, that "unidentified magazine" is actually a magazine named "Terebi Magazin" which is basically a TV guide.
At least ANN named the source, and according to them that magazine is a magazine of Kodansha. ANN is also a credible news website.

There has been a lot of those fake articles recently, like the fake filler character of Kuroko and the interview about Magi, and even season anime charts, so being a bit skeptical doesn't hurt I guess.
Mar 2, 2013 2:09 AM

Apr 2008
Well if it does stop hopefully it's just so they can let the manga get ahead some more.

Mar 2, 2013 2:26 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
At least ANN named the source, and according to them that magazine is a magazine of Kodansha. ANN is also a credible news website.
If you read the link of the original post, that article also quoted the source which is http://engawa.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime3/1361874590/ which is essentially the same source as the ANN article. So the ANN article does not confirm it any more than the link in the original post.

The thing is I have seen a few cases where ANN reported news prematurely or inaccurately. Interestingly MAL News section seems to have better accuracy. So I won't rely on ANN to be more credible if it relies on the same news source as other news sites/blogs.

Mar 2, 2013 2:30 AM

Apr 2008
I also find it hard to believe they'd axe it because the movie did so well too >>

You know there is an easy way to confirm this straight from the horse's mouth. Tweet Mashima.
Darklight0303Mar 2, 2013 2:35 AM
Mar 2, 2013 2:42 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
Candor said:
If you read the link of the original post, that article also quoted the source which is http://engawa.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime3/1361874590/ which is essentially the same source as the ANN article. So the ANN article does not confirm it any more than the link in the original post.

The thing is I have seen a few cases where ANN reported news prematurely or inaccurately. Interestingly MAL News section seems to have better accuracy. So I won't rely on ANN to be more credible if it relies on the same news source as other news sites/blogs.
I don't know Japanese, so if I'm to choose between "unidentified source" written in English and "Kodansha's TV Magazine" then I'd go with the latter, since as I said, we've seen a lot of fake news in the last couple of years. I don't remember a case where ANN reported fake news, I don't remember even reporting the fake Kuroko character, Magi's filler character, the fake list of Seiyuu, the news about it having 2 cours with the 2nd half focusing on Balbadd, so until they start inventing some fake shit, they're one of the more credible sources of info in English.
Candor123Mar 2, 2013 2:46 AM
Mar 2, 2013 2:42 AM

Sep 2012
Or maybe just because Hiro Mashima wasted millions of yen for anime budget.

i think Fairy Tail will anime resume on 2014 maybe?
Mar 2, 2013 2:46 AM

Apr 2008
There is also a new OVA coming out so I really don't see where this whole is doing so bad it needs to be cut idea is even coming from >_> People say it's doing as bad as Naruto. And yet Naruto is still airing so that's not really a reason to cut it either >_>
Mar 2, 2013 2:49 AM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:
There is also a new OVA coming out so I really don't see where this whole is doing so bad it needs to be cut idea is even coming from >_> People say it's doing as bad as Naruto. And yet Naruto is still airing so that's not really a reason to cut it either >_>

People can say whatever they want on the actual quality of the series itself(including me which I stopped watching a LONG time ago) but TV ratings wise, Naruto has been steady as ever getting 3-5%

Fairy Tail's anime has actually been getting pretty mediocre ratings in Japan recently. It's been getting anywhere between .7-1.5% average when in the past it was 2-3%.

People just haven't been watching it as much as they used to so sponsors are pulling out I'm assuming*; that and they have been slowly but surely been catching up the manga. Very similar to Gintama though in where they made a new OP just to get canceled a few weeks later for Gintama Season 2 because they were running out of material

*Pure Speculation of course since I don't work for Japanese TV companies X D
HybridMBLMar 2, 2013 2:55 AM
Mar 2, 2013 2:49 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
I don't know Japanese, so if I'm to choose between "unidentified source" written in English and "Kodansha's TV Magazine" then I'd go with the latter
However at the end the source of ANN still goes back to 2ch. It is just that the link in the original post does not translate the magazine name but ANN found it and mentioned (but it still missed the exact name of the magazine, which I found). So giving ANN a better authority and saying that the news is "confirmed" by ANN does not sound that appropriate to me. I think equal credit should be given to the blog linked by the initial poster.

Candor said:
I don't remember a case where ANN reported fake news, I don't remember even reporting the fake Kuroko character, Magi's filler character, the fake list of Seiyuu, the news about it having 2 cours with the 2nd half focusing on Balbadd, so until they start creating some fake shit, they're one of the more credible source of info in English.
Until recently I spent most of my time in MAL in the News section and I remember a couple of occasions where people quoted an ANN link about a news and it turned out there is premature reporting, inaccurate details inside or just mistranslation. I am sure if you ask the question in MAL news board, there will be no lack of people who would agree with me. It may have given credible info on things you listed above but I cannot say that it has a very high credibility.

Mar 2, 2013 2:58 AM

Apr 2008
SakuraRainbow said:
I'd wait till Mashima says something before making assumptions.

Exactly. That's the only source that really matters.
Mar 2, 2013 3:18 AM

Dec 2011
i reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope this isnt true...

but im starting to believe that they might actually end it...

HacheKa said:
Yup, it will end with this:

and yeah.. maybe they'll pick it up again... tch. like next year.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 2, 2013 3:21 AM

Mar 2011
Let the anime end bcs i don't want to see fillers in the middle of the magic games tournament arc.
Better to end the anime and continue after 1 or 2 years later.
Mar 2, 2013 3:30 AM
Oct 2011
symbv said:
Candor said:
I don't know Japanese, so if I'm to choose between "unidentified source" written in English and "Kodansha's TV Magazine" then I'd go with the latter
However at the end the source of ANN still goes back to 2ch. It is just that the link in the original post does not translate the magazine name but ANN found it and mentioned (but it still missed the exact name of the magazine, which I found). So giving ANN a better authority and saying that the news is "confirmed" by ANN does not sound that appropriate to me. I think equal credit should be given to the blog linked by the initial poster.

Candor said:
I don't remember a case where ANN reported fake news, I don't remember even reporting the fake Kuroko character, Magi's filler character, the fake list of Seiyuu, the news about it having 2 cours with the 2nd half focusing on Balbadd, so until they start creating some fake shit, they're one of the more credible source of info in English.
Until recently I spent most of my time in MAL in the News section and I remember a couple of occasions where people quoted an ANN link about a news and it turned out there is premature reporting, inaccurate details inside or just mistranslation. I am sure if you ask the question in MAL news board, there will be no lack of people who would agree with me. It may have given credible info on things you listed above but I cannot say that it has a very high credibility.
So I guess the whole debate is on the "confirmed" I wrote? You have a point there and I should've wrote something better and not as lazy as "confirmed". I do remember ANN having some minor mistranslations like the recent "shocking" HxH news, but I don't think some minor mistakes once in a while are that big of a deal, even the news mods here on MAL make mistakes sometimes. My point is basically that ANN is still one of the better anime news websites in English, and I've yet to see an English anime news website that is as good as ANN.
Mar 2, 2013 3:32 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
So I guess the whole debate is on the "confirmed" I wrote? You have a point there and I should've wrote something better and not as lazy as "confirmed".
Now you've got it, though in my first reply to your post I already wrote 'I do not see that ANN is showing more authenticity about the news, so I won't call it "confirmed". It's more like "also reported on ANN".'

Mar 2, 2013 3:36 AM

Mar 2012
Well we just need to sit patiently in front of our gadget and wait for Mashima word.
Mar 2, 2013 3:44 AM

Sep 2007
After looking one more time to the OP, i can't be sure that will be finished.
Another name for Fairy Tail maybe ?
Mar 2, 2013 4:18 AM

May 2011
Even if it's continue, I doubt Hiro would have another idea for side story arc, so it's a good thing that they decided to put this on hold.

Let's just wait for 2nd season.
Mar 2, 2013 5:12 AM

Dec 2012
I hope is not true ;_;
I want to see fighting between Gajeel and Rogue in Final Daimatou Enbu. And also fighting between Kagura vs. Erza vs. Minerva! Threesome!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

breathesunshine - May 17, 2010

112 by gannoncannon55 »»
60 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 10, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 3, 2010

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 26, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 8:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.