Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 8, 2013 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
Wolf-rat is a real bro. Cringed during the bug scene, eugh.
Oct 26, 2013 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
Saki's mother knowing about the weapon seems very convenient, almost too convenient.
Jan 21, 2014 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The thing that intrigues me is if you really Kiromaru is fair, too many things leave me thinking.
Plot which exhibits good blind rage of men against the monster rats.
Narrative that translates everything in a manner all too well, giving the illogical revenge without first ascertain the true situation on the meta demons.
In addition, the feeling of anxiety and so paòpabile to make you feel uncomfortable, very good! : D
Drawings and animations instead excelled not, too bad! ^ ^ "

If it were true that Kiro no plot behind the human, however, it bothers me that his spasmodic way to laugh! D:
Apr 29, 2014 4:27 PM

Aug 2013
Tokyo sure changed, eh? xD

Woha, didn't expected Kiroumaru making such a badass appareance. I assumed he was dead.
I kinda grew a mefiance toward every queerat and he have some of those sneaky smile. I really hope it's just an habit of him and that he isn't trying to foul them :/

Anyway, they are lucky to have him in their group. He know the topography really well and how to deal with the hostile wildlife.

So now, they have to find a gaz weapon. Didn't expected that turn of event. Unearthing that old weapon could have dramatic conscequence for the psychotelekinesist, but they are already at the edge of extinction, so better waging everything they have on that one last chance.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 10, 2014 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
Saki is so adorable when she was grossed out by the worms
Jun 16, 2014 9:04 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, where in Earth is there not a queerat? How did they even come across one out far into the inhabitable Tokyo?

OriginANIME said:
"Now I know why this was called hell."
"No, we are still in heaven."

LOOOL

Best quote in this anime.
Jul 7, 2014 4:48 PM

Jan 2014
I completely understood Saki's plight. Humanity be damned, I ain't walking in that stuff!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 2, 2014 5:16 AM

Feb 2011
@millefeui
"I am not trusting Kiroumaro either, I hope I am wrong, because I like him quite a bit."
i've the same feeling, maybe he's loyal but being used by squealer

@aidoru
"Saki's mother knowing about the weapon seems very convenient, almost too convenient."
more like, if squealer has a mobile library, he should know about it too..

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 2, 2014 11:50 PM

Jul 2013
I am confused...Is there a difference between karma demons and fiends? I thought they were the same thing unless it isn't n could the difference be that Karma demons uncontrollably leak canti and unintentionally harm others while fiends willingly revel in killing and hurting others? Anyway why didn't they kill that bird that was trakcing Saki in the desert so it couldn't get back to it's owner?
Sep 3, 2014 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
Saki getting grossed out and not wanting to walk through all that nastiness on the floor was funny.But if she didn't why didn't she just levitate her self over it or use her canti to clear the area.That would have been so easy.
Sep 4, 2014 11:51 PM
Aug 2011
I love Kiroumaru. If he ends up becoming an antagonist I'd probably love his character even more.

If he ends up betraying Saki and Satoru, I'd be angered but it'd make the anime all the more interesting. I was thrilled and pissed off when Yakomaru became the mastermind behind it all.

Am I the only one who things the minishrio/library is the cutest thing ever?

It's waterproof too. I want one.
Sep 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Nov 2013
"This truly is hell." - Saki.
"No... this is just the beginning." - Kiroumaru.

It is amazing that Kiroumaru actually survived all that when he was in Tokyo, not even having Cantus powers.
HandsomeManSep 11, 2014 11:58 AM
Oct 16, 2014 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
Now if all episodes were more like that, this could have been a great show. The inconsistency is frustrating and disappointing.
Oct 28, 2014 12:31 AM

Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
I completely understood Saki's plight. Humanity be damned, I ain't walking in that stuff!

Yeah bro I feel you my good skin don't come easy, good luck Earth!
Dec 28, 2014 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
Turned out this is getting better. I don't like Kiroumaru's smirks, I'm expecting a twist.
Jan 17, 2015 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
There's a definite chance that Kiroumaru is gonna betray the humans. I wouldn't be surprised at this point by anything... It could go any way.
God, I can't believe it's about to end, this was amazing.
Kiroumaru seems like too good of a guy. He's nobel and loyal, what more could you ask for?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 24, 2015 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
Psychobuster is probably one of the lamest name they could have come up with.
Jan 25, 2015 5:39 AM
Feb 2009
AnimeSweden said:
Psychobuster is probably one of the lamest name they could have come up with.

Well, it's from US after all.
Mar 8, 2015 8:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Dorothy, we're not in Kansas anymore.

I love the ride that this show has taken me on. And while I love Kiroumaru's character, I get the feeling, he might have a different agenda from them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 27, 2015 8:15 PM

Oct 2013
I can't help but feel this "psycho buster" is a bit of an asspull. I mean, it makes perfect sense within the story, its existence has been justified, and I'm glad it's simply anthrax instead of a real, traditional weapon, but still... its existence is taking the plot in a direction I'd hoped it wouldn't have. Especially with both the ogre and Squealer in hot pursuit, I foresee this ending with a "we find the psycho buster, we kill the ogre and Squealer; the threat is completely nullified and we win" type of conclusion. That's just generic and dull. I won't rate the series lower because of it, but I was hoping I'd rate the series higher due to a deep, powerful, or awe-inspiring twist ending. Well, hopefully I'll still be surprised.

That said, I loved this episode. This was so creepy and, based on Kiroumaru's commentary, it looks to get even creepier. The atmosphere was amazing, there was a looming feeling of suspense, fear, and paranoia, and overall the direction was just fantastic.

And Kiroumaru is cool af. I'm fairly sure he won't get out of this alive, but I hope he has a glorious, badass death befitting his character.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 28, 2015 9:14 AM

Jan 2014
What a great episode! Yaay, my old wolf is baaaaack :D
I believe him and I can't wait to see worse stuff ^____^
Jul 15, 2015 6:28 AM
Dec 2011
saki's mothers letter really was touching. the pain saki is feeling must be so difficult for her i feel it inside my heart as well seeing everyone you ever knew just die or missing is unbearable. the words saki's mother said is very powerful and sad at the same time. i feel the same about saki she is a character with a lot of "strength" that's for sure :3

oh.. and i heard my beloved SHUN'S voice its always a pleasure to know he is there for saki a kind of happiness and sadness ache through my heart in an instant as soon as i heard SHUN'S voice :3
lakshikaJul 15, 2015 6:33 AM
Oct 9, 2015 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
Sad letter from Saki's mother.
Kiroumaru surely has a side quest to accomplish, with his smirks.

Really good episode, looking forward to how this is going to end.
Jan 6, 2016 1:04 AM

Sep 2013
Edit: nevermind, I forgot there were fiends and karma fiends.

And Kiromaru is going to most likely "betray" them.
WintoviskyJan 6, 2016 1:08 AM
Feb 26, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2014
All desert,Woah!
Seems like those under-cave two episodes will be full of nice scenes.
Even though he is helping them, Kiroumaru is still suspicious.

Great Episode.
Mar 8, 2016 9:18 PM

Oct 2014
Looks like this cave expedition and final showdown will be intense. Only three episodes left, ahhhh. I like all 4 of the characters in this group and hope they all make it, but kind of doubt they will :(
Apr 9, 2016 8:40 AM
May 2012
Wow, Psychobuster.

Klassical said:
All desert,Woah!
Seems like those under-cave two episodes will be full of nice scenes.
Even though he is helping them, Kiroumaru is still suspicious.

Great Episode.

Yeah, I really hope he is cool.
Apr 29, 2016 5:32 AM

Sep 2015
symbv said:
pappagallo said:
and the other 2 things (the cats and the weapon)?
From what I understand it is when you are directly aware that a human is being harmed as a result of your action. So the cat and the weapon is an indirect way to kill other human "out of sight". Remember just an image of a suffering human (projected by the library animal) can result in the feedback being kicked in even though the priest meant to attack the animal.

See, this was proven false a few episodes back. When Saki got attacked by that kid who thought she was a Queerat, she said to him that if she had died, he would also have died because of death feedback. But seeing as he did not think she was a human - which is precisely why he attacked her, and is also apparently why he didn't even receive Attack Inhibition - there's currently no explanation as to why death feedback would have kicked in.

So from what we've seen, whether you believe someone to be a human or not is irrelevant, because if you kill a human you receive death feedback 100%.
You can, though, receive the feedback if you mentally believe they are human. It's inconsistent.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 31, 2016 12:07 AM

May 2016
And they died of Anthrax in the New Tokyo tunnels of Heaven and Hell.

Why didn't Saki use her canti for the bug floor? I would've done that immediately.

Submarine parts are subarashi. Very tense.

Aug 3, 2016 6:31 AM

Apr 2009
Ah the little solar powered mobile archive was adorable. XD The PK powered submarine was cool too.

First time I heard of other real life 21st century country being mentioned after a thousand years. Heck at least the Americans have contributed something, the psychobuster! I'm torn between thinking Ghostbusters and Gunbusters/Diebusters. ^_^

How the hell did the Fiend able to give chase anyway, she can't be everywhere! The help of other queerat's sense of smell, like Kiroumarou's? Speaking of Kiroumarou, I know he's loyal and subservient but I don't trust him that much...yet.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 22, 2016 6:28 AM

Mar 2015
Woahhhh, thats Tokyo huh? Awesome!!

Saki: This is Hell.
Kiroumaru: No, this is still Heaven.
LOL, Kiroumaru made my day!!! You are awesome!!

Slug!! Awesome adventure there!!

Show me more Hell!!

ED Animation: 3.5/5

3.5/5
Sep 13, 2016 10:59 PM

Mar 2015
Kiroumaru is such a bro. So much likable characters but Yakomaru is ain't one.

Oct 21, 2016 12:26 PM

Sep 2013
Guano and flesh eating mega-slugs.....ick

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 8, 2016 1:03 AM

Jul 2008
Damn it I really hope Kiroumaru is a good guy but with those damn smirks I don't think so.
Jun 18, 2017 4:10 PM

Sep 2016
"you were right, this place really is hell"
"believe me, this is just the beginning"
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jun 26, 2017 9:15 PM

Sep 2014
Tokyo Ho! Ep 22.

Plot: Saki's mother leaves a goodbye note and a minishiro. The minishiro will lead Saki and co to Tokyo where a Psycho Buster exists that may turn the tides and defeat the Ogre. Kiroumaro joins the group as a guide.

They get to Tokyo and go underground but are being followed by Squera himself and the Ogre. It is now a race to the Psycho Buster.

Character: Saki's time has come. A quest and last gift from her mom that can save everyone, maybe. Though there are some thoughts swirling in her head. Kiroumaro's a pretty cool guy all things considered.

Animation/sound: The music during the letter was heartfelt and so sad. Saki's mom and Dad are gone now.

Tokyo is a hellhole. I mean seriously, Vampire slugs?!

4/5. America! Savin the Day with...anthrax....wait what?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jul 1, 2017 4:14 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, Tokyo looks entirely different than expected.

Psycho Buster is some kind of biological weapon or virus and while Saki + the others are looking for it they are followed by Squealer and the demon, only three episodes left, I'm really looking forward to the final.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2017 8:10 AM
Nov 2015
The submarine. Oh A-1, you're unforgivable.
Oct 20, 2017 8:24 AM
Nov 2015
All the facial expressions and the voice by which they talk really don't seem like the world's ending for humans and just a couple of teenagers part excited, part scared in an adventure down a tunnel.
Oct 27, 2017 11:54 AM

Jul 2009
Looks like we are entering the final arc now. So they have a secret weapon left over from the ancient times to use against Cantus users and they're gonna use that to kill the fiend ... and it's all the way in Tokyo. Dang lol. Those tunnels are pretty creepy D: Somehow Saki's mom has a portable library as well lol ... it's kinda cute XD Kiroumaru is helpful so far but they keep showing him smirking, is he gonna betray them at the end? :O Though I don't think he'd join forces with Squealer ... well either way, I hope they are able to get the Psychobuster (lol that name) and kill the fiend :D Tbh I don't like the idea of them trying to spare her just because she's Maria's child or something, but I guess we'll have to see what happens :P
Feb 13, 2018 12:01 PM

Aug 2017
Kiroumaru is cool. Post-apocalyptic Tokyo is a desert. 4/5
NurguburuFeb 13, 2018 12:09 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 10, 2018 5:16 PM

Jan 2018
It's almost like the story of Final Fantasy 6. Squealer is Kefka and Kiroumaru is Cyan.

Dec 21, 2018 1:46 PM

May 2013
OMG. I didn't realize Satoru was Eren's VA until he said "Let's break through!" and it sounded exactly like what Eren would say in SnK xD Took me 22 eps to recognize his voice, wow hahaha :D I needed to hear a little more volume and grunt to it X)

I'm elated my bby Kiroumaru is back <33333333

The little Piglet Minoshiro is adorable af. I wonder if they have any merch on it LMAO. I want a keychain figure or stuffed plush of it xD

Satoru or Kirou should've offered to carry Saki on their back to avoid the bugs, but I guess they need to conserve their energy for battle and she needs to suck it up too lol. But I'd be grossed out as well ^^" Yuck.
Jun 10, 2019 12:24 AM
Jul 2016
This series is really starting to annoy me as of late, explain to me how exactly the ogre is able to repeatedly find the main characters are and stalk them everywhere they go? Ridiculous, in real life it would be virtually impossible to track a couple of people over such a large area, they should've thought of more realistic & less repetitive way to create tension.
Jul 3, 2019 5:59 AM

Oct 2015
Kiroumaru is a cool dude, I mean rat. It's really unfortunate that there are orders to eliminate all Queerats as there were many subcolonies under Giant Hornets and they have always been loyal.

It is really easy to see Yakomaru's motivations, being regarded as animals must suck. But the claims of tyranny? They weren't exploited for labour and their colonies were mostly autonomous. Yes villagers scorned and scoffed at them but that alone doesn't warrant a genocide on humans.
Auron_Jul 3, 2019 6:52 AM
Jul 22, 2019 11:14 AM

Oct 2016
>Kiroumaru's still alive
YES
I hope they give Kiroumaru the status of "honorary human". He's been so loyal, even after all this, and he really doesn't even have a reason to remain loyal. I hope after this is all over, he'll get to live among them.
These last couple of episodes (starting with 17) have been so good. It's like 1-16 was the big build up and this is where it all pays off.
EDIT:
Updated signature because Tinypic is shutting down.

PikslapJul 28, 2019 6:27 PM
Nov 22, 2019 5:22 PM

Feb 2017
"It seems not even the great strategist could predict that we would escape underwater."

Lol. Gimme a break.
Feb 11, 2020 4:17 AM

Aug 2016
Wahh, no matter how many times I see blood sucking slugs they always make me shudder, it's the worst.

Kiroumaru is trustworthy, I think. I don't take him for the type to switch sides that easily. Specially after what Squealer did to him.
Feb 14, 2020 6:59 AM

Dec 2018
Lol that beginning scene be like:
Inui : UAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!
Queerat : WTF, you're high or something ?
Then Inui feel ashamed that the queerat have seen his rage and kills the queerat immediately.

Lol, at Kiromaru's outfit, that's a weird outfit for a beast.

I had a feeling that Kiroumaru is trying to gain trust from them and he actually did it and I still don't believe how he can escape from the last war.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 9, 2020 5:14 AM

Jul 2017
Solid episode again. Kiroumaru is just damn good for me, one of the best characters in this series where there aren't many standouts.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.