Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2013 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that's a nice little tool there this episode. Otherwise, I enjoyed this episode and seems like the elder and the others found something interesting at the end there with the blue flame and all.

WELCOME TO HELL~
Stark700Mar 2, 2013 6:49 AM
Mar 2, 2013 12:14 AM

Jul 2012
Very nice episode with some interesting information. Loving how Kiroumaru is helping as well. And Shun seems to be back next episode to some extent. Good stuff, time just flew by.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 2, 2013 12:40 AM

Aug 2012
That episode ended way too fast it felt like it was only 5 minutes long, but it was still pretty good

Mar 2, 2013 12:45 AM

Jan 2013
Loved every minute of it
Mar 2, 2013 12:46 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Stitches327 said:
That episode ended way too fast it felt like it was only 5 minutes long, but it was still pretty good

I feel that way about every single episode in this anime. There's always so much information or so many things that happen.

I love Kiroumaru, though I'm still skeptical that he is of the same specie as the rest of the bakenezumi...He is so very courteous and loyal to the humans. Nice seeing another false minoshiro library thing. It's kinda cute.
Mar 2, 2013 12:48 AM
Sep 2012
Nice episode. I figured that they were going to do something with their mental programing to allow them to kill the fiend or have someone sacrifice themselves, but that weapon is pretty interesting too. It's also great to see that Kiroumaru is still alive and helping them find the weapon. I do wonder how they could breathe in the part of the cave with the poop and bugs since normal bat caves have gases and toxins that will knock out a person without a mask. Those bloodsucking slugs were creepy too.
Mar 2, 2013 12:56 AM
Jan 2008
Am I the only one who thinks kiomaru is going to betray them based on this episode?
Mar 2, 2013 1:00 AM
Nov 2008
tingy said:
Stitches327 said:

I feel that way about every single episode in this anime. There's always so much information or so many things that happen.

I love Kiroumaru, though I'm still skeptical that he is of the same specie as the rest of the bakenezumi...He is so very courteous and loyal to the humans. Nice seeing another false minoshiro library thing. It's kinda cute.

For me it's his smirks, he did the same in the debate with Yakomaru and I can't stop thinking that he's hiding something.
May he be part of a bigger plan with Yakomaru to obtain the psychobusterthanks to the humans ? If Yakomaru really have a false minoshiro it's obvious they know about it and that they would try to obtain it but maybe it's impossible for a bakenezumi.

Still, it's hard for me to believe it's like this because it also required the luck that:
1- human learned about the psychobuster which happened thanks to Saki's mother
2- Kiromaru is not killed immediately.
Mar 2, 2013 1:34 AM
May 2010
I think he just really hates Yakomaru.
Mar 2, 2013 1:39 AM

Jan 2011
Kiroumaru seems like a great guy, but I really don't know what he's plotting because he keeps smirking all the time. It may be because his plan to exterminate humans and Yakomaru or it may be because his plan to exterminate only Yakomaru and his "friends". I really loved his Saki and Satouru threated Kiroumaru like a person instead of some animal. I just have to agree with their judgment.
This is getting really exiting, unfortunately there are only 3 episodes left!
I would love to see more of the world as it is portrayed here as I find it really fascinating.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 2, 2013 1:49 AM

Jul 2010
Many things happened so far and now it become a Desert Punk.
dont know how this story ends...
Mar 2, 2013 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
In whatever anime that featured japanese culture or cities it was always in the form of appraisal, nice to see SY go a different route.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 2, 2013 2:24 AM

Sep 2012
Zee530 said:
In whatever anime that featured japanese culture or cities it was always in the form of appraisal, nice to see SY go a different route.
You meant to say praise not appraisal, right? Because the two words mean something completely different...

And it is not always that anime shows Japanese culture or cities as good thing. We have a lot of bad guys in authority or government of Japan in anime.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 3:13 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode, I enjoyed it more than the last couple of episodes. Kiroumaru seems to be planing something, while Saki and Satarou follow him without question. However I don't think they have any other choice and he has been a major help so far. Mini-minoshiro is a cute little thing don't you think. Would be bad if fell in the wrong hands. The psychobuster as well.

That underground passage is nasty - I feel for you Saki. One should think that bugs and slugs should be the least of their problems, but the environment, stress and heat are tearing on their mentality. They are going through hell right now.
Mar 2, 2013 3:19 AM

Nov 2011
Damn,time flew by fast watching this anime. This anime sure show us how convenient psychic power can be in our life. Anyone can pilot a submarine when they have cantus.

I don't think Kiromaru is a bad guy but he seems to be planning something.

Mar 2, 2013 4:00 AM

Feb 2012
an awesome episode like always.
Mar 2, 2013 5:20 AM
Jan 2012
PhoenixIce said:
Am I the only one who thinks kiomaru is going to betray them based on this episode?

I think it's definetly a possibility. I'm at about 50% sure he could betray them.
Mar 2, 2013 5:24 AM

Oct 2011
the level of awesomeness didn't drop! i feel bad for those who dropped this series. :/

only 3 episodes left!!
Mar 2, 2013 5:32 AM
Jan 2013
even saki and satoru dont know how the child becomes a fiend, it's actually not a plot hole. i hope there will be an explanation for that later.

i wonder what is waiting for them in that Hell of the earth, that's only the beginning?? maybe shun is only saki's delusion when she almost fall into despair, though it would be impossible to make saki despairs, strong poor saki :"(
Mar 2, 2013 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
While I don't think Kiroumaru is allies with Yakoumaru, I don't think Kiro is that loyal to humans as he looks like. I have a feeling he wants to use the Psychobuster to finish them off actually and overthrow his rival.
Mar 2, 2013 5:35 AM

Oct 2012
I think using an external, previously unmentioned, weapon is sort of a cop out.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 2, 2013 5:47 AM

Sep 2012
katsucats said:
Any weapon is previously unmentioned until mentioned, right?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 5:50 AM
Nov 2011
katsucats said:
all the fiends and karma demons that were showed were killed with poison (well shun survived, but he was SHUN) and this new weapon is just like a stronger poison
Mar 2, 2013 6:00 AM

Aug 2008
She would be able to remember Shun!
Mar 2, 2013 7:04 AM

Oct 2008
maulcux said:
even saki and satoru dont know how the child becomes a fiend, it's actually not a plot hole. i hope there will be an explanation for that later.

In fact they gave a hint that the child isn't really a fiend when Saki asks Satoru about that, it's quite likely that he/she just doesn't recognize them as humans so death feedback doesnt work just because of that reason
Mar 2, 2013 7:28 AM

Apr 2011
This episode went by fast. I really wanna know how kids turn into fiends.
I got this feeling that Kiomaru is going to betray them in some way.
Mar 2, 2013 7:30 AM

Jul 2010
Damn, that place is Hell indeed.

I also think Kiomaru kinda likes the idea of the Queerats taking control, even though it's not his clan. Him betraying them is a real possibility.

Mar 2, 2013 7:32 AM
Jan 2011
I like this anime and this episode as well but actually several things are a bit annoying in this anime, and the main one is that humans in spite of quite logical world drawn here, some of the points contradict logic of the world:
- how death feedback is working, as per this episode it looks like that it works ONLY in case when cantus is used to make harm to other people. So what's the problem to kill fiend using some kind of sneak attack from behind, btw Kiroumaru suggested such thing but nobody seems to take this into account. In fact queerrats are acting with more logic than people do, people shown here not taking simplest solutions for some reasons - like in this episode, in fact they have perfect possibility to finish all story, cantus users take care of Yakomaru and his peers (and than eliminate vessel and other queerrats there to cut fiends way back), and Kiroumaru can perform sneak attack on the fiend. Even in case if killing the fiend will not succeed he/she will not be able to find his way back. And people back there will have time to wipe out the est of queerrats.
- invincibility of the fiend, I know it's done for the sake of the story, but it seems illogical that community like shown here (really small amount of people living in Japan now, thousands not millions) will allow such great losses and would not have any extreme measures to eliminate fiend when the prevention not worked. Even suicide attack by somebody like Shisei (chief of the safety btw) eliminating fiend would be more favorable for the whole society than leaving fiend to run wild only awaiting till some lucky accident occurs.
- also omnipotence of the fiend and Yakomaru is quite annoying here, they knowing where to find the protagonists.
Mar 2, 2013 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
sptor said:
- how death feedback is working, as per this episode it looks like that it works ONLY in case when cantus is used to make harm to other people. So what's the problem to kill fiend using some kind of sneak attack from behind, btw Kiroumaru suggested such thing but nobody seems to take this into account.
I don't think it works only in case when cantus is used. As long as you do something that can hurt another human then the feedback kicks in.

sptor said:

- invincibility of the fiend, I know it's done for the sake of the story, but it seems illogical that community like shown here (really small amount of people living in Japan now, thousands not millions) will allow such great losses and would not have any extreme measures to eliminate fiend when the prevention not worked. Even suicide attack by somebody like Shisei (chief of the safety btw) eliminating fiend would be more favorable for the whole society than leaving fiend to run wild only awaiting till some lucky accident occurs.
The idea is that given how the human society is constructed and maintained (death feedback and all that) there is no way to stop a fiend. They can only make sure he will not be born. A suicide attack means intention to kill, and it means death feedback will kick in.

The queerats seem to be more "logical" only because they actually function more like us present-day human while the human in this anime is built round an entirely different system based on cantus and death feedback.

Mar 2, 2013 7:45 AM

Aug 2011
Great episode! We are getting closer to the ending with just 3 episodes left, though the kid actually being a Fiend is now a question. What if the Death feedback won't work on the kid cause it doesn't understand the different between Humans and Queerats, wouldn't that interfere with the death feedback? I'm hoping for an answer to this in the remaining episodes of the this beautiful show.

Also Kioumaru has this "smile" to him that strikes out that he has a plan on his own for some greater good.
Mar 2, 2013 7:48 AM

Jun 2010
*fangirling half*

OMFG SHUN'S BACK SHUN'S GONNA BE BACK I DON'T EVEN...it's like, i got completely blank after maria and mamoru's death and the soon-to-be child's death (and several other stuff that annoyed me) and was considering the characters just some creatures meant for sacrifice. And then BOOM!! Shun's voice in the background, and i finally start feeling something for the characters again!
But like seriously, for a second, i thought they were gonna kill satoru :/

*deduction and prediction half*

As for the episode... well, i don't really know what to think of kiromaru, but i don't think he'll betray the humans. BECAUSE, even if he kills them all, who would he reign over? His entire clan has been murdered. Of course, revenge on the queercats, but then he needs to live with the humans and under their protection, at least for a while until his clan grows.
Mar 2, 2013 7:58 AM
Nov 2011
symbv said:
sptor said:
- how death feedback is working, as per this episode it looks like that it works ONLY in case when cantus is used to make harm to other people. So what's the problem to kill fiend using some kind of sneak attack from behind, btw Kiroumaru suggested such thing but nobody seems to take this into account.
I don't think it works only in case when cantus is used. As long as you do something that can hurt another human then the feedback kicks in.
i think that ordring cats to kill kids, giving the pills to shun and the cow-killing girl and, well, using this weapon "can hurt another human".
maybe the df reacts only when you have violent instincts?
Mar 2, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2012
pappagallo said:
i think that ordring cats to kill kids, giving the pills to shun and the cow-killing girl and, well, using this weapon "can hurt another human".
Using direct attack definitely will trigger death feedback. Giving pills but whether to take it is up to the person so it is not counted as intention to kill.

Mar 2, 2013 8:13 AM
Nov 2011
symbv said:
pappagallo said:
Using direct attack definitely will trigger death feedback. Giving pills but whether to take it is up to the person so it is not counted as intention to kill.
and the other 2 things (the cats and the weapon)?
Mar 2, 2013 8:18 AM
Oct 2010
PhoenixIce said:

i felt that in some of the cutscenes where he grows a wicked smile or sharp eyes.

ep felt so short
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 2, 2013 8:24 AM

Oct 2011
symbv said:
katsucats said:
Any weapon is previously unmentioned until mentioned, right?
But it was mentioned that they was a war - so creating some weapons in order to kill Cantus users in big number is rather logical thing.

On the other side - it's nice that Saki was talking about how to raise Fiend, kill humans and other interesting stuff in front/back of Kioumaru.
For sure he won't use it for his own gain, he's just a queerat. Like he couldn't be a double agent or going to kill Yakomaru and take his place to finish the job.
Mar 2, 2013 8:26 AM
Sep 2012
Regarding the death feedback mechanism, the method the guy used to escape says it all.
Mar 2, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
pappagallo said:
and the other 2 things (the cats and the weapon)?
From what I understand it is when you are directly aware that a human is being harmed as a result of your action. So the cat and the weapon is an indirect way to kill other human "out of sight". Remember just an image of a suffering human (projected by the library animal) can result in the feedback being kicked in even though the priest meant to attack the animal.

Mar 2, 2013 8:30 AM

Jun 2011
deave112 said:
Looks like Shun's back next episode!

Even if he really appears, I think it's gonna be some sort of illusion.
Mar 2, 2013 8:43 AM
Sep 2012
How can anthrax be called pyschobuster? it kill all people, espers or non-espers.
Mar 2, 2013 8:49 AM

Feb 2009
I have a feeling this bioweapon is not going to end up being used and is just misdirection.
Mar 2, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2012
twintiger said:
How can anthrax be called pyschobuster? it kill all people, espers or non-espers.
Where are the non-esper people, may I ask?

Mar 2, 2013 8:56 AM

Dec 2009
It would've been better if these weapons were mentioned back when they met the False Minoshiro during the camp trip. Now it comes a bit out of nowhere, for better or for worse (or maybe it was mentioned back then?).

Seems like the story is heading towards something weird. I have no idea how this will end.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 2, 2013 9:15 AM

Mar 2012
I hope Kiroumaru doesn't betray them...

I liked that guy eversince he first appeared in the anime..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Mar 2, 2013 9:15 AM

Feb 2011
The escape plan of the guy gives a hint to what the "fiend" really is. Because he spoke in queerrat language "It hurts, it hurts" the child couldn't kill him. I think it's not a fiend but a bakenezumi with cantus; of course it IS a human, but it doesn't know that. So death feedback is only going to work on queerrats, hence the guy pretending to be one could get away.
If you think about it, they could finish off Yakomaru and the other pursuers with their cantus and then send in Kiromaru to kill the human, because the child is probably pretty useless in combat without his cantus.
Mar 2, 2013 9:18 AM
Jan 2013
I loved that episode and Kiroumaru's back. his colony so loyal in comparison to the others his men willing to sacrifice themselves and never turning on the humans but i never understand what hes smirking at
Mar 2, 2013 9:32 AM

Apr 2010
I just wish yokoumaru kills all the pk humans ...it really pissed me off how they were treating kiroumaru at the begining of the episode
Treating the queerats like animals, they got what they deserve.
Mar 2, 2013 9:52 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
twintiger said:
Where are the non-esper people, may I ask?

Have you forget that weapon was use by non-espers, and don't you remember what happen after the the dark history. Non-espers are still out there.
Mar 2, 2013 9:53 AM

Apr 2011
Another awesome episode.

Aww I heared Shun's voice in the preview :'D

Only 3 episodes left.
Mar 2, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
twintiger said:
Have you forget that weapon was use by non-espers, and don't you remember what happen after the the dark history. Non-espers are still out there.
Yeah, but at that time the weapon was developed exclusively to be used against the espers, hence the name.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.