Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 1, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A nice transitional episode which explained a few details and set up the epicness that is
NidhoeggrMar 1, 2013 8:38 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 1, 2013 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
I haven't seen it yet, but can you put the last part of your post as a spoiler. Assuming it didn't occur this week episode or a preview of next week Episode 22. Although I doubt everyone will get the Ben Hur reference. And for those who doesn't really want to get spoiler, don't google Ben Hur.

We only have 5 episodes left, and david Production has done great so far.
TookMe6YearsMar 1, 2013 8:09 AM
Mar 1, 2013 8:07 AM

Apr 2009
It did occur in the last part of the episode, but I spoilered it regardless.
The preview itself was great, btw.
Mar 1, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2008
This is really fast. The episode was great. A great fight for the next week
Mar 2, 2013 1:32 AM

Sep 2012
We have got that Hokuto no Ken moment when you have the bad guy keeps talking but the hero said "you are a goner" lol

And we've got to know a bit more about LisaLisa's past - it should not be hard to guess how she may be related to JoJo I guess.

Since the last time Wham went to sleep in the pillar he was in the Roman times so I guess it makes sense for him to come up with the chariot race. Now I wonder if JoJo would ue some knowledge he gained from Ben Hur to win the death match lol

And the title of 100 vs 2 turns out to be misleading lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 2, 2013 4:00 AM

Jul 2010
lol. LisaLisa should've said "omae wa mou shindeiru."
Mar 2, 2013 5:50 AM

Jun 2012
Man Wired Beck's introduction was hillarious. Coming in full stalker mode akin to something Kondo from Gintama would do X D

Cougar Lisa Lisa and her shades were pretty boss this week
Mar 2, 2013 8:38 AM
Feb 2013
There was a strange song in the ad about figures.Maybe it will be a new opening?I hope not.
Mar 2, 2013 9:06 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome prep episode!

Let's see how epic this Chariot battle all manga readers all talking will be :D

Never expected Lisa Lisa to be that baby that was saved back then. But doesn't that mean she's Joseph's mom? Since according to what I remember...Erina and Jonathan's child married the baby girl they saved??? That would be awesome hehe. Wonder how Joseph would react XD If I'm right that is :P

Loved the end when Jojo put on Caesar's Headband :)
Mar 2, 2013 9:12 AM

Nov 2011
The door talks!

^Like a boss. Good episode with a new character introduced I suppose. Lol @ him getting owned in like 1 minute. Nice to see some of Lisa Lisa's history. Ah, she's such a boss.

I can't wait for the duel next week.
Mar 2, 2013 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Never expected Lisa Lisa to be that baby that was saved back then. But doesn't that mean she's Joseph's mom? Since according to what I remember...Erina and Jonathan's child married the baby girl they saved??? That would be awesome hehe. Wonder how Joseph would react XD If I'm right that is :P

Since everyone mention the awesomeness of Lisa-Lisa.

This episode shows Messina getting carry by Jojo. I was afraid david Production forgets him. Wire Becked looks like Pinhead from HellRaiser.

I can assume Straights wants to be immortal, because of the Pillar men, eventual return, and knows his old age will not help. And was looking for a way to be able to fight the Pillarmen. But along the way, he went crazy, and that leads to the beginning of Part 2. It's a bit stretch, but that makes made me sad though. It would of been nice, Straights fight along side with Joseph.

And I actually like those Roman Soldier Vampire, even though they are vampire, they barely mention anything about sucking blood.

And finally WHAM! I love when he snicker at Cars! BWAHAHAHA!

This was a good build up. Especially, since last week episode.

Edit: Now, I remember. This scene was missing. LOL.

TookMe6YearsMar 2, 2013 10:54 AM
Mar 2, 2013 10:53 AM

Feb 2009
Damn Hamon energy is way better than BOTOX :P
Lisa Lisa is better at bluffing than Joseph, this skill most run in the family.
Mar 2, 2013 12:55 PM

Apr 2010
Great episode, but I'm waiting next week for the fight, it will be epic.
Mar 2, 2013 3:01 PM
Nov 2008
Lots of theories, just sit back and watch a chariot race that will blow away anything you have seen before. Wham is by far a better villain than Cars.

Epic reveals will be later however, the past will be fully fleshed out is all I am going to say.
Mar 2, 2013 5:31 PM

Jun 2010
The most hotly anticipated fight in Battle Tendency (possibly tied with the final fight) is coming next week. Words cannot describe the pure excitement that's pumping through my veins.

Also it's kinda surprising that nobody has made the Lisa Lisa/Rose from Street Fighter connection yet, it's nearly as obvious as Stroheim/Guile connection :o.
Mar 2, 2013 9:16 PM

Jan 2013
The_Redux said:
Also it's kinda surprising that nobody has made the Lisa Lisa/Rose from Street Fighter connection yet, it's nearly as obvious as Stroheim/Guile connection :o.

I am pretty sure some people are aware of it. It just need some "Tarot Cards". Now if only Jolyne Kujo was to be animated.

God damn. david Production really nails it. This preview really does helps you getting hype and thrill for next week episode. I can't stop watching it.
TookMe6YearsMar 2, 2013 9:20 PM
Mar 2, 2013 11:36 PM

Jan 2013
5/5, as always
Mar 2, 2013 11:49 PM

Apr 2012
If you are a vampire and you aren't lucky enough to have the name Dio, then you are pretty much just cannon fodder for Jojo and company. Wired Beck learned that the hard way.

Anyway, this was a nice build up episode. I am looking forward to the chariot battle starting in earnest next time - it's my favorite part from the manga.
Mar 2, 2013 11:55 PM
Nov 2012
Wham is such a bro villain.
Lisa Lisa looked stupid with those sunglasses, deal with it.

JoJo put on Caesar's headband, that was awesome.
Mar 3, 2013 2:02 AM

Mar 2012
Great build up episode for whats coming on the next.
Mar 3, 2013 3:06 AM

Jan 2011
I was really looking forward to the action, but this buildup episode certainly did not disappoint!
The backstories were epic like they usually are on here, I just love JoJo's story.
I also realized just how much I love this art, I'm starting to become a fanboy... x)
I can't wait for the next episode, this is really thrilling.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 3, 2013 7:05 AM
Nov 2008
JohnGalt89 said:
If you are a vampire and you aren't lucky enough to have the name Dio, then you are pretty much just cannon fodder for Jojo and company. Wired Beck learned that the hard way.

Anyway, this was a nice build up episode. I am looking forward to the chariot battle starting in earnest next time - it's my favorite part from the manga.

Dio has his own special power that nullified the ripple. Wired Beck was just an idiot.

Mar 3, 2013 7:42 AM

Apr 2012
Burningsirius said:
Dio has his own special power that nullified the ripple. Wired Beck was just an idiot.

Well, that's pretty much my point - if you are Dio then you are awesome and have some powerful abilities. But if you are a vampire who isn't Dio then you pretty much get killed off right away. Will Zeppeli's father, that random guy Dio tested the mask on, the vampire Santana absorbed, Wired Beck, and
all go down with very little trouble. Even Straights barely lasted for more than an episode. So much for their supposed immortality.
Mar 3, 2013 8:36 AM

Feb 2013
Straits was pretty tough though, as powerful as Dio. It's just that Joseph was that awesome.
Mar 3, 2013 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
JohnGalt89 said:
Well, that's pretty much my point - if you are Dio then you are awesome and have some powerful abilities. But if you are a vampire who isn't Dio then you pretty much get killed off right away. Will Zeppeli's father, that random guy Dio tested the mask on, the vampire Santana absorbed, Wired Beck, and
all go down with very little trouble. Even Straights barely lasted for more than an episode. So much for their supposed immortality.

Agreed. Although the list lacks 4 Zombie vampires, Peggy's rapist, that dude Poco knows, that dog with a human face, Wang Chun, Jack, Bruford, and Tarukus.

Except the last 4 play some role/plot device.
Mar 3, 2013 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
TookMe6Years said:
Agreed. Although the list lacks 4 Zombie vampires, Peggy's rapist, that dude Poco knows, that dog with a human face, Wang Chun, Jack, Bruford, and Tarukus.

Except the last 4 play some role/plot device.

You know, I didn't include the zombie vampires because I considered them to be on a lower level than the stone mask vampires. But, now that I look at your list, those last four actually survived longer and proved tougher than many of the full fledged vampires. Though that's probably just due to the strength/awesomeness gap between Jonathan and Joseph.
Mar 3, 2013 10:33 AM

Aug 2011
Another epic episode, loving how Lisa Lisa just pretty much was a boss throughout the episode. Epic dame! I hope she goes out winning against the duel with Cars. Though she is 50 years old and potentially JoJo's mother(?), I can't wait to see his face when he actually finds out about that.

Also when Wham wanted to fight JoJo fairly in a duel like a bro and with a chariot, while voiced as Akio Ootsuka, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about Rider from FateZero. What a bro he was. Looking forward to this chariot fight in a Colosseum and the build up to that fight was amazingly done, couldn't have asked for a better episode for that.

WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM - STARTO! Best preview!
Mar 3, 2013 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
5 episodes left... Noooooo

I Need to see this fight O.O

Mar 3, 2013 1:00 PM

Aug 2011
Ohhh, yes! The chariot battle sounds like it will be an amazing event. Pleasently surprised about Lisa Lisa's past too. The episode preview was too good!
Mar 3, 2013 9:19 PM
Nov 2008
JohnGalt89 said:
Burningsirius said:

I won't go to much into this, but suffice it to say Dio has an epic destiny. If you have not already realized this, JoJo is about destiny. Each Joestar has a destiny and it all somehow involves Dio to some degree. Dio's powers to counteract the ripple (though you can say plot armor) can be viewed in light of the fact that Dio is destined to survive, no matter what. Jonathan was destined to die. Someone is destined to defeat Dio!
Mar 4, 2013 1:43 AM

Jan 2010
Could it also be said that, in a way, it's a battle of humanities survival trough legacy (Joestars) VS the eternity of the universe (Dio) ?
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Mar 4, 2013 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
I've just realized that Wired Beck and F/Z Caster shared the same VA. In other words, Caster beats Caster.

Boltz said:
Could it also be said that, in a way, it's a battle of humanities survival through legacy
That actually is pretty much what Araki was going for.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnzt4x_araki-hirohiko-interview-english-sub_creation
Mar 4, 2013 2:41 PM
Nov 2008
Boltz said:
Could it also be said that, in a way, it's a battle of humanities survival trough legacy (Joestars) VS the eternity of the universe (Dio) ?

Legacy, destiny, it all works together. Then again, I have read part 6 and that was all about changing the destiny (and relationship) of the Joestars.
Mar 4, 2013 6:09 PM

Oct 2012
I don't feel like the whole 'DESTINY' angle felt so hammered in until around the time of Stone Ocean, though. Then it seemed like everything started to become about 'DESTINY' and 'GRAVITY' and 'NAPKINS' and whatever. =P
Mar 4, 2013 6:16 PM

Apr 2009
The napkin part was hilarious, though.,
Mar 5, 2013 5:09 AM

Jan 2009
GG is the only doing the fansub right now? can't find any episodes beyond 18 with Commie fansub (I liked them)
Mar 5, 2013 5:58 AM

Apr 2009
WhiteTestament said:
GG is the only doing the fansub right now? can't find any episodes beyond 18 with Commie fansub (I liked them)

Look at the subgroup section for this MAL entry. There are a few other (better) groups doing it.
Mar 5, 2013 6:18 AM

Apr 2008
WhiteTestament said:

MMM is a good team for Jojo,
Mar 5, 2013 10:27 AM

Mar 2012
Eh, That vampire part was unnecessary, sounds like it's an excuse to have a crowd to comment on stuff like YYH or OP
The roman arena games are interesting especially if you're watching Spartacus too

I knew Lisa was an old woman, man I'm good at predicting, she's so ugly anyway :)

3/5 for this one
End Zionazism
Mar 5, 2013 7:06 PM
Mar 2011
Mikasa said:
she's so ugly anyway :)

0.0 !
Mar 5, 2013 11:24 PM

Oct 2008
Mikasa said:
I knew Lisa was an old woman, man I'm good at predicting, she's so ugly anyway :)

0/10
Mar 5, 2013 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
Dangerr said:
Mikasa said:

0/10

I know right? Would not bang.

anteUp said:
Mikasa said:
she's so ugly anyway :)

0.0 !

:O
End Zionazism
Mar 14, 2013 1:31 PM

Jun 2009
The last parts of the episode had a very "epic" feel to them. Really looking forward to the next episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 8, 2013 11:09 PM

Mar 2010
I miss Speedwagon...
Jun 15, 2013 6:41 AM

May 2012
Quite nice episode I've got to say, I like how even Lisa Lisa is connected to everything! Lets see how the battle will turn out!
Jan 23, 2014 10:02 PM

Feb 2011
Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Let's move on to episode 22.
Mar 7, 2014 9:58 AM

Oct 2012
WHAMMU! WHAMMU! WHAMMU!
Next episode should be EPIC!
Mar 7, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
I loved the setting. Colosseum for the win!

Very memorable, especially for such a good arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
That headband... the opening is starting to make more and more sense for the non manga readers.
Mar 16, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, so Lisa Lisa is the child Erina saved. But I thought that Erina said that JoJo was from that child and the boy she had with Jonathan. So that would make her his mom? o.O

That's pretty original, an antic roman car race. We all know that JoJo will win of course :P
With Caesar headband, he look like a 60's rock star :)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 1:56 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 12, 2012

351 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 17, 1:58 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nidhoeggr - Apr 5, 2013

451 by toyupulk »»
Apr 13, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Favourite Jojo?

PushedCaraway - Apr 12

0 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 12, 6:33 AM

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

30 by 13anana »»
Apr 2, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.