Forum Settings
Forums

Episode 7 of Gundam Unicorn Due in Spring 2014

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
#1
Mar 1, 2013 5:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4386
According to the official booklet distributed at the preview, the final episode 7 of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn was announced to be released in the spring of 2014. The subtitle is "Niji no Kanata ni (Beyond the rainbow)".

Source: Scan of the booklet
 
#2
Mar 1, 2013 5:59 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3062
Finally! Next year this could be a final hype of Gundam Unicorn!
 
#3
Mar 1, 2013 5:59 AM

Online
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9681
Oh great, another year of waiting... I hope the episode's gonna be good.
 
#4
Mar 1, 2013 6:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 230
NOO!! I thought we where gonna get ep. 7 this year too... damn gotta wait another year, but at least it has been worth the wait.
 
#5
Mar 1, 2013 7:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Awh man another year of waiting, it's gonna be torture.
 
#6
Mar 1, 2013 7:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2863
Can't wait to see the finale. The dub is absolutely brilliant for these OVAs one of the best I've heard.
[center]
 
#7
Mar 1, 2013 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 5883
VioLink said:
Can't wait to see the finale. The dub is absolutely brilliant for these OVAs one of the best I've heard.


Wait Bandai is still dubbing Unicorn even though they are out of business over here?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"
 
#8
Mar 1, 2013 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 969
Another long waiting.
 
#9
Mar 1, 2013 9:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 348
OH. MY. GAWDDD. ANOTHER YEAR OF WAITING? I
The best thing to brighten my mood is if they announced an ep 8. Lol
 
Mar 1, 2013 9:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2863
Roloko said:
VioLink said:
Can't wait to see the finale. The dub is absolutely brilliant for these OVAs one of the best I've heard.


Wait Bandai is still dubbing Unicorn even though they are out of business over here?

Not sure but eps 1-5 were dubbed and the preview for ep 6 is dubbed.
[center]
 
Mar 1, 2013 10:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1538
I don't mind waiting because I was wise enough not to start an OVA while it was still being produced. Now I get to marathon it all next year. Hope it's as good as people say it is.
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
 
Mar 1, 2013 10:39 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3818
Good to know an approximate release date, even if it's just which season and year. I hope Sunrise put their everything into the final episode.
 
Mar 1, 2013 10:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5116
:| wtf
 
Mar 1, 2013 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 21748
Dear god, a 1 year wait, Why? However, it could've been way worse like a 10-20 year hiatus like some manga have.


 
Mar 1, 2013 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 47
Roloko said:
VioLink said:
Can't wait to see the finale. The dub is absolutely brilliant for these OVAs one of the best I've heard.


Wait Bandai is still dubbing Unicorn even though they are out of business over here?
Yep. I'm guessing they're still under contract so they still do simul-acting/releases for Gundam Unicorn.

OT: Dammit, I was hoping it would be released this year. Oh, well. It'll probably be worth the wait.
 
Mar 1, 2013 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6379
Even I will have to wait another whole year to see the latest OVA Unicorn? What a pity!Q_Q
 
Mar 1, 2013 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
GigaSPX said:
The best thing to brighten my mood is if they announced an ep 8. Lol

It's unlikely :) The last volume of the Unicorn also called "Beyond the Rainbow". Also the last episode will be full-length as I heard. It is quite enough to complete this chapter.
 
Mar 1, 2013 3:04 PM
Review Moderator
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3911
A year? Why? Are they making this episode movie-length or something?
 
Mar 1, 2013 3:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3335
Are they fucking kidding me ???
 
Mar 1, 2013 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2129
... let's see how patient I can get...
 
Mar 1, 2013 5:22 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3818
Veronin said:
A year? Why? Are they making this episode movie-length or something?
I recall reading it will be 70 minutes or longer.
 
Mar 1, 2013 6:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
FFUUUUGGGGDDDEEEE!!
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
 
Mar 1, 2013 6:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 698
Guess I'll start it next year then. lol
 
Mar 1, 2013 9:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3423
Why the fuck are they taking so long just to release one episode? I know that everything has been completed by now.
 
Mar 1, 2013 10:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10130
AiCon said:
I know that everything has been completed by now.
What made you so sure that everything has been completed already by now?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Mar 1, 2013 10:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 28233
AiCon said:
Why the fuck are they taking so long just to release one episode? I know that everything has been completed by now.


quality animation takes time, give it like 10 years more and futuristic and cheap 3D animation will make anime production very fast
 
Mar 1, 2013 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 348
Xpwn3ntial said:
Roloko said:
VioLink said:
Can't wait to see the finale. The dub is absolutely brilliant for these OVAs one of the best I've heard.


Wait Bandai is still dubbing Unicorn even though they are out of business over here?
Yep. I'm guessing they're still under contract so they still do simul-acting/releases for Gundam Unicorn.

OT: Dammit, I was hoping it would be released this year. Oh, well. It'll probably be worth the wait.

Another reason why Bandai is milking the waiting period is also to increase sales of the model kits for all the mobile suits released in UC. The more they sell, the more money they rack in while people are waiting in extreme anticipation for the next ep. It's a surely thing for fans to collect and be proud of their figures.

-Korban- said:
GigaSPX said:
The best thing to brighten my mood is if they announced an ep 8. Lol

It's unlikely :) The last volume of the Unicorn also called "Beyond the Rainbow". Also the last episode will be full-length as I heard. It is quite enough to complete this chapter.

stAtic91 said:
Veronin said:
A year? Why? Are they making this episode movie-length or something?
I recall reading it will be 70 minutes or longer.

Just that extra 10 mins than the usual 60? Why not make it 90 minutes? It's definitely worth the long year wait and it's a way to finish it with a bang. Just saying...lots more fandom.
 
Mar 15, 2013 10:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 212
sucks but oh well, animation it has keeps me rewatching it over and over
 
Mar 16, 2013 3:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 468
morshuwarrior said:
Oh great, another year of waiting... I hope the episode's gonna be good.


Agreed. This waiting is driving me nuts...
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
 
Jul 24, 2013 5:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1854
GigaSPX said:

stAtic91 said:
Veronin said:
A year? Why? Are they making this episode movie-length or something?
I recall reading it will be 70 minutes or longer.

Just that extra 10 mins than the usual 60? Why not make it 90 minutes? It's definitely worth the long year wait and it's a way to finish it with a bang. Just saying...lots more fandom.
Well, it seems like they've heard you :P
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-23/final-gundam-uc-volume-extended-to-about-90-minutes

 
Jul 24, 2013 6:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3942
LOL? What the heck is this, a british TV series? Guessing the episodes are ridiculously long.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Jul 24, 2013 6:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10130
GodlyKyon said:
LOL? What the heck is this, a british TV series? Guessing the episodes are ridiculously long.
What is so strange about this? You can think of it as a series of short films - that would not look that "ridiculously long" then.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Jul 24, 2013 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3818
EasyGo-er said:
GigaSPX said:

stAtic91 said:
Veronin said:
A year? Why? Are they making this episode movie-length or something?
I recall reading it will be 70 minutes or longer.

Just that extra 10 mins than the usual 60? Why not make it 90 minutes? It's definitely worth the long year wait and it's a way to finish it with a bang. Just saying...lots more fandom.
Well, it seems like they've heard you :P
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-23/final-gundam-uc-volume-extended-to-about-90-minutes
90 minutes runtime? Glorious!
 
Jul 24, 2013 8:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5116
It's better to wait and get quality than get garbage quickly (looking at you berserk movies).
 
Jul 24, 2013 10:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1380
News like this makes me glad I didn't start watching it yet.
 
Aug 30, 2013 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10130
Now confirmed to be 90min for ep.7
Earlier it was just "planning" but now in the Sunrise Festival, this detail was confirmed.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Aug 31, 2013 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2863
Wow that's like 4 episodes and a half right there, 40 minutes longer than the rest of the movies. With length like that its no wonder production is taking so long especially since they want to keep the same animation quality as the previous movies. Also, isn't the English dub done at the same time as the Japanese dub? I'm sure that takes awhile as well.
[center]
 
Sep 5, 2013 9:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10130
There was some rumor about ep.7 to be released in March because of a report on a UC talk show ( http://www.gundam.info/topic/9279 ) but later it is corrected and the date remains as "spring 2014".
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Sep 18, 2013 8:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 322
Moon Phase lists it for March 2014.
 
Oct 3, 2013 1:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 39
March 2014 release makes sense.
GodlyKyon said:
LOL? What the heck is this, a british TV series? Guessing the episodes are ridiculously long.


Hellsing Ultimate took like 6 years to finish for 10 episodes. Each episode is of a much higher quality than a normal episode of an anime, you can see it as a short 1 hour long movie.
 
Oct 3, 2013 9:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5116
Spacenoid said:
March 2014 release makes sense.
GodlyKyon said:
LOL? What the heck is this, a british TV series? Guessing the episodes are ridiculously long.


Hellsing Ultimate took like 6 years to finish for 10 episodes. Each episode is of a much higher quality than a normal episode of an anime, you can see it as a short 1 hour long movie.


Hellsing Ultimate only took that long because there was a change in studio around episode 7 or so, plus all the episodes before 6(?) were redone for blu-ray. Gundam Unicorn will take long because

1. It's mecha, which is one of, if not the hardest thing to animate
2. The animation quality is amazing
3. They do worldwide releases for Gundam Unicorn so dubbing/subbing is done as well.
 
Nov 11, 2013 1:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 393
How long do these eps usually take to get dubbed? I want to marathon Unicorn once everything is out in dub.
 
Nov 11, 2013 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2863
Champloo_Remix said:
How long do these eps usually take to get dubbed? I want to marathon Unicorn once everything is out in dub.

Around the same time as the Japanese dub. The BDs come with dual audio.
[center]
 
Nov 19, 2013 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 69
Looks like we got a teaser now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9SDl1rXkiM

2014/5/17
Modified by Portality, Nov 19, 2013 9:26 PM
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
 
Nov 19, 2013 9:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1854
Portality said:
Looks like we got a teaser now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9SDl1rXkiM

2014/5/17
Is that Char or Riddhe at 0:23 cause it sure looks like Riddhe to me with that hair bit.
And 6 more months to go, and I was sure it would be release in March too :/

 
Nov 19, 2013 9:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2863
Portality said:
Looks like we got a teaser now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9SDl1rXkiM

I see Marida and her Kshatriya are back in action, I'm guessing the defecting Feds repaired it? Man "5th Mov.: Gundam" gets me so hyped.
[center]
 
Nov 19, 2013 9:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 28233
someone posted the trailer before me then lol
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.