Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2008 7:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
One of my suspicions from season 1 returns: what exactly are the GN Particles?

The physics: ok, this is clearly not very realistic. A particle that seems to violate the known four fundamental forces must somehow involve an undiscovered force or interaction between subatomic particles...not what modern physics can explain...

But what I am concerned with is not the physics, but more the hidden purpose behind it. Although I forgot what caused my suspicions in the first season. I suspect that GN Particles produced by real GN Drives will play a major role in the future.... Did anyone notice the reaction of many characters when the GN Particles went through them? Of course, this episode purposely put the Memento Mori's activation at the same time high level GNP was produced, making one doubt if these newtype reaction came from the Memento Mori or from the GNP....My guess is both....

I seems that GNP can simulate the effects of quantum brainwaves in supersoldiers and Innovators...Now the question is: can it affect regular human? Louise seems to be the proof that Fake/red GNP definitely physical affects humans. However, it doesn't seem like the case with blue GNP.....Could it be that Aeolia is planning to use some deus ex machina method to ultimately change the world? And that method somehow involves GNP? Don't tell me intense GNP from the 00 will start to cause newtype reactions among regular humans as well (CC reaction?)....If that comes true, then GNP will reveal to play a major role in fundamentally changing humanity....

but GNP causing strange visions in the characters is an indication that GNP may be used for something else entirely....

Anyone wants to speculate on this weird hypothesis?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 9, 2008 9:40 AM

Oct 2008
i believe GN particles are energy converter from the sun. so GN drives are nuclear sun panels in which replenishes itself. we don't know as yet what the true nature of the technology behind it. but that is just scratching the surface. im pretty someone in here can elaborate further.
Dec 9, 2008 10:45 AM

Jul 2007
Frito said:
i believe GN particles are energy converter from the sun. so GN drives are nuclear sun panels in which replenishes itself. we don't know as yet what the true nature of the technology behind it. but that is just scratching the surface. im pretty someone in here can elaborate further.

Actually, no.

It was explained in S1.

Gn Drives are the miniature suns themselves. GN Drives donot need to be in contact to sun. True GN Drives produce GN particles, although what is the particles themselves we do not know.

And yes, It was 00 Twin-Drive system which caused those effects and not Memento Mori.
Dec 9, 2008 10:52 AM

Oct 2008
Fai said:
Frito said:

Actually, no.

It was explained in S1.

Gn Drives are the miniature suns themselves. GN Drives donot need to be in contact to sun. True GN Drives produce GN particles, although what is the particles themselves we do not know.

And yes, It was 00 Twin-Drive system which caused those effects and not Memento Mori.
you just contradicted what i said. i was leaning towards that theory. but it is not as clear to me nor the OP. much appreciated.
Dec 10, 2008 6:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
well, GN Drives are clearly a reference to cold fusion, which is a scientific blunder with no proof of its existence....

But just as I said, I am more interested in the "mental" effect of GNPs...(since I know modern physics pretty well already...) and of course the role it will play in this series....

To me, GNP from Twin Drive== possible parallel role to Gaea in Isaac Asimov's Foundation (i.e. the real hidden Deus Ex Machina purpose behind the master plan)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 10, 2008 7:45 PM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:
well, GN Drives are clearly a reference to cold fusion, which is a scientific blunder with no proof of its existence....

But just as I said, I am more interested in the "mental" effect of GNPs...(since I know modern physics pretty well already...) and of course the role it will play in this series....

To me, GNP from Twin Drive== possible parallel role to Gaea in Isaac Asimov's Foundation (i.e. the real hidden Deus Ex Machina purpose behind the master plan)

I made a post in ep 10 discussion. I think it's purpose is to deal with altered Humans (ie. a safe guard to stop the innovators and super soldiers). From Ep 10 I was under the impression that it has two effects, either it amplifies their mental powers (soma could randomly tell what was going on on earth, Tieria reacted) or it causes them great pain (Hal and Al switched places due to mental trauma again). 00 may actually be the voice of reason for the Innovators in the end. Normal humans don't seem to be affected by it so it only proves my theory that Aeolia made them as a safe guard against his own creations, the innovators.

A second theory to conjoin with my above is that the real GN drives do the apposite of what the fake ones do. So if the fake ones cause physical damage on the atomic and cellular level, maybe the real ones amplify or cause humans to evolve on an atomic and cellular level and turn them into natural Innovators ala Newtypes 2.0.
Dec 10, 2008 8:20 PM

Oct 2008
now why would a guy who supposedly created the innovators make some kind of safeguard? its a great theory but that these are machines the innovators will be dealing with. therefore they would likely create their own. in this case they have and are up the par with the 1st gen technology so far.

if you ask me, i would honestly admit that those are just pixie dust, created to make it look fancy and fashionable to pilot a gundam ;)
Dec 11, 2008 4:58 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I go with the second theory... As I said b
DeathfireD said:
wakka9ca said:

I made a post in ep 10 discussion. I think it's purpose is to deal with altered Humans (ie. a safe guard to stop the innovators and super soldiers). From Ep 10 I was under the impression that it has two effects, either it amplifies their mental powers (soma could randomly tell what was going on on earth, Tieria reacted) or it causes them great pain (Hal and Al switched places due to mental trauma again). 00 may actually be the voice of reason for the Innovators in the end. Normal humans don't seem to be affected by it so it only proves my theory that Aeolia made them as a safe guard against his own creations, the innovators.

A second theory to conjoin with my above is that the real GN drives do the apposite of what the fake ones do. So if the fake ones cause physical damage on the atomic and cellular level, maybe the real ones amplify or cause humans to evolve on an atomic and cellular level and turn them into natural Innovators ala Newtypes 2.0.

I will go with the second theory... I am a big pro-Gaea fan in the Foundation series.
For interested ones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_(Foundation_universe)

The Foundation series are the most epic SF series I have read....Isaac Asimov is a genius....I recommend anyone who have time to read his series...
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Dec 11, 2008 6:31 PM

Jun 2007
Frito said:
now why would a guy who supposedly created the innovators make some kind of safeguard? its a great theory but that these are machines the innovators will be dealing with. therefore they would likely create their own. in this case they have and are up the par with the 1st gen technology so far.

if you ask me, i would honestly admit that those are just pixie dust, created to make it look fancy and fashionable to pilot a gundam ;)

The same reason why he created Trans-AM and didn't tell anyone including Veda and the other innovators about it. Trans-AM is a safe guard just as the instructions on how to make the real GN drives prove that they exist for a purpose that was not intended for Innovators to know about.

Innovators are apart of the plan. I'm guessing Aeolion (sp?) created several scenario in his head about what could happen in the future and built safe guards for each scenario. As the story turns down one of those paths the safe guards popup to keep everything going the way he planned.

So what we have to find out is, what's the final goal? To bring peace to humanity or to force them to evolve? If the Innovators won then we would have peace and evolution through cyborgs however humanity would lose everything that makes it humanity. If CB won and the GN drives do accelerate evolution then the Humans, at some point, would be equal to the innovators. The problem with CB winning is peace would only be short lived. People would go back to fighting with their "Newtype" powers.

This is mostly theory though so if the GN drives pose no real purpose then this theory is moot.

The GN particles could also be nano machines that link up with Veda or possibly anyone that has them in their body already. This would cause a "telepathy" effect and could cause humanity to understand how others are feeling (ie. Super solider powers).

lol I could go on and on with other things I think the GN particles could be. Theres so many possibility's.
Dec 11, 2008 7:02 PM

Oct 2008
DeathfireD said:
Frito said:

The same reason why he created Trans-AM and didn't tell anyone including Veda and the other innovators about it. Trans-AM is a safe guard just as the instructions on how to make the real GN drives prove that they exist for a purpose that was not intended for Innovators to know about.

Innovators are apart of the plan. I'm guessing Aeolion (sp?) created several scenario in his head about what could happen in the future and built safe guards for each scenario. As the story turns down one of those paths the safe guards popup to keep everything going the way he planned.

So what we have to find out is, what's the final goal? To bring peace to humanity or to force them to evolve? If the Innovators won then we would have peace and evolution through cyborgs however humanity would lose everything that makes it humanity. If CB won and the GN drives do accelerate evolution then the Humans, at some point, would be equal to the innovators. The problem with CB winning is peace would only be short lived. People would go back to fighting with their "Newtype" powers.

This is mostly theory though so if the GN drives pose no real purpose then this theory is moot.

The GN particles could also be nano machines that link up with Veda or possibly anyone that has them in their body already. This would cause a "telepathy" effect and could cause humanity to understand how others are feeling (ie. Super solider powers).

lol I could go on and on with other things I think the GN particles could be. Theres so many possibility's.
by saying "apart" that would exclude them from the initial plan. is that what you intend on saying or you just mistyped that one?
Dec 12, 2008 5:02 PM

Jun 2007
Frito said:
DeathfireD said:
Frito said:

by saying "apart" that would exclude them from the initial plan. is that what you intend on saying or you just mistyped that one?

apart (part of), a part of the plan meaning they're involved in some way. It does not mean to exclude from. Sorry if I wrote that in a weird way. I tend to go nuts when typing theory's XD.
Dec 14, 2008 1:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ok...episode 11 confirms how GNP are more than important in Aeolia's plan.....

GNP may be the key to bring humanity peace once and for all....What if humans can now telepathically understand each other through GNP? That certainly will mean individuals will share their pain, their joy and their emotions with others....That technically reduces the need of war by a very impressive degree....
That certainly explains how Aeolia's plan will work....

Now this is getting more and more simlar to the Gaia plan in Foundation (sorry if I had to mention Foundation at every post...it's just Gundam 00's plot is too heavily based on it...too many similar elements....)
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Dec 14, 2008 9:24 PM

Oct 2008
true that, enabling people to use quantum brainwaves and creating a phenomena that will definitely bring the dead to life. i.e. hallelujah being alive for a bit during the so called "phenomena"

this is the true plan, is unity through technological advances, now what will the so called "innovators" do to counter this or will they go along with this....??????......
Dec 14, 2008 11:31 PM

Apr 2007
Frito said:
and creating a phenomena that will definitely bring the dead to life. i.e. hallelujah being alive for a bit during the so called "phenomena"

lol I don't think that is a part of it. "...definitely bring the dead to life"? How would that even help Aeolia's plan? It would just cause in overpopulating the planet and wouldn't eradicate wars.

Besides Hallelujah wasn't even confirmed to be dead. In episode 3 Soma stated that he can't feel brainwaves because his head/brain was damaged from her shooting him in s1; ep25. Which is where Halle 'died'. Halle basically resides in Alle's brain SO since the partials affect brainwaves (obvious with Tieria & Soma/Marie) it's seems more logical (lol) that it just altered (or healed...?) Alle's brain and brought Halle into the open. Plus if Halle was really brought back to life Alle wouldn't be wondering what happened in the few seconds he 'woke up'.

done.
Dec 15, 2008 2:57 AM

Jul 2007
Frito said:
true that, enabling people to use quantum brainwaves and creating a phenomena that will definitely bring the dead to life. i.e. hallelujah being alive for a bit during the so called "phenomena"

this is the true plan, is unity through technological advances, now what will the so called "innovators" do to counter this or will they go along with this....??????......

Part of MPD can't be called dead or alive, its either receding due to the psychological advancements/dis-advancements, or its dominating.

Part of you rown psychology can't "die". :)
Dec 15, 2008 9:47 AM

Jun 2008
wakka9ca said:

GNP may be the key to bring humanity peace once and for all....What if humans can now telepathically understand each other through GNP? That certainly will mean individuals will share their pain, their joy and their emotions with others....That technically reduces the need of war by a very impressive degree....

Now this is getting more and more simlar to the Gaia plan in Foundation (sorry if I had to mention Foundation at every post...it's just Gundam 00's plot is too heavily based on it...too many similar elements....)

So Aeolia's plan is to bring telepathy to everyone through GNP? I thought his plan was to bring people to space or something (Regene mentioned something about that, but I don't quite understand it)?
Dec 15, 2008 9:58 AM

Oct 2008
Fai said:
Frito said:

Part of MPD can't be called dead or alive, its either receding due to the psychological advancements/dis-advancements, or its dominating.

Part of you rown psychology can't "die". :)
it's a psychological phenomena, not a physical. as aeolia would clearly want to be alive in some form. like in the minds of other.

MapleRose said:
wakka9ca said:

So Aeolia's plan is to bring telepathy to everyone through GNP? I thought his plan was to bring people to space or something (Regene mentioned something about that, but I don't quite understand it)?
as of this moment no one knows the real plan, it's up for grabs. due to the fact that the innovators are damn obvious they may be lying.
Dec 15, 2008 2:54 PM

Nov 2007
this topic just.. there isnt enough answer in today's modern world to answer what GNP are. this is an answer to the first post. however i do believe that within the future that we will find a way in enhance this type of power, it wont be called GNP when we get to them but we will know or relate to GN when the time comes closer.
Dec 15, 2008 3:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Trigger131990 said:
this topic just.. there isnt enough answer in today's modern world to answer what GNP are. this is an answer to the first post. however i do believe that within the future that we will find a way in enhance this type of power, it wont be called GNP when we get to them but we will know or relate to GN when the time comes closer.

Don't misunderstand our discussion. We are not discussing the feasability of such technology in the real world. It's FICTION. But instead we are trying to figure out what GNP's purpose are in Aoelia's plan....

Oh by the way, the reason why war (at least between humans) will stop IF (a BIG IF) GNP turned out to "link telepatically" all humans's emotions and thoughts together is the following (somewhat a theory on collective consciousness vs. individual)
-Emotions will be shared among all humans. Joy, as well as pain and sadness of individuals will be felt by the entire human race.
-The collective human mindweb will be very big. Therefore, one person's pain or joy will not affect much the collective. However, it is not insignificant, as if more individuals feels the same way, the collective will be deeply affected. And one person's pain can always be traced down by the collective.
-As all humans remain as indivual and have their own personalities retained, joy and sadness will occur at the same time (they will be doing different stuffs). Somehow, to make a regular individual able to "endure" the weight of the collective, the collective must ensure a wise private mindspace for individuals. This requires great wisdom. But since the collective is made up of the entire race, it is assumed that the collective, as an entity, will be extremely wise.
-The human knowledge pool will be accessible to all..
-The problem with this is the implementation, which can cause chaos and shock if done abruptly.

Of course, very unlikely that the above-mentionned happens... I was just putting some of my utopic visions there.....However, if it does, then humans will have truly evolved into more advanced and wise race....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Dec 15, 2008 7:32 PM

Jun 2007
Keeping with the religious theme that they started Gundam 00 out with I think we can say that if the GN particles link people in a telepathic or subconscious way, it will cause them all to believe in a common god, belief, or at least see things from a diffrent perspective. Conflicting religions and greed is what fuels wars. If you can get everyone to believe in the same thing then world peace would be at your finger tips. The next thing to do is to kill off greedy and corrupt corporations/governments. At the moment the world is basically united under one government with only one faction against it thanks to CB active as the worlds enemy. The innovators are keeping the nations together with their A-LAW units and Intel.

I'm also beginning to wonder if the GN particles link people's minds into VEDA. VEDA's highest level that Ribbons couldn't access my play a bigger role then just holding the GN drive production instructions.
Dec 15, 2008 11:02 PM

Oct 2008
Trigger131990 said:
we are not exactly scientists.....nerds?
Dec 16, 2008 7:54 PM

Jun 2007
So our suspicions where correct, GN particles with Trans-AM cause a telepathic effect. I'm still thinking this new power is the safeguard to stop the Innovators. I guess we'll see in the next episode.
Dec 21, 2008 11:45 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Frito said:
Trigger131990 said:
we are not exactly scientists.....nerds?

Well..I may be qualified for one once I get my degrees....

Other than that, now we know GNP can dematerialize living being and objects alike into more GNP while CONSERVING all the information of the original material, including consciousness. This will explain why Setsuna and Saji can hear others voice and others can hear them....

So GNP has become a truly important part of Aoelia's plan now....and it comes in handy and can probably save everyone's life a few times (especailly from Memento Mori's blast...)
wakka9caDec 21, 2008 1:48 PM
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Dec 28, 2008 12:33 PM

Oct 2008
GN Particles.. Isn't that the improved version of the old UC beam coating?
Dec 29, 2008 8:00 AM

Oct 2008
Kira01 said:
GN Particles.. Isn't that the improved version of the old UC beam coating?
it's a different reiteration. like every single aspect in the gundam universe.
Jan 5, 2009 2:59 PM
Nov 2007
YOU WRONG
Aeolia is an older Gendo from NGE.
When Third Impact in past failed he created GNP. In the last episode humandkind will turn into GNP and everybody will be ONE. PRIMARY SOUP FOR LIFE! XD

[Gendo pose]"Good as planned"[/Gendo Pose]

I'm only small polish female, so don't be so rude to me :<
I'm doing the best i can in english :>
Jan 5, 2009 10:08 PM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
the thought that goes into thinking up things like this for anime is just mind bogglin
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Jan 8, 2009 6:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
fatstarr said:
the thought that goes into thinking up things like this for anime is just mind bogglin

no. this is still not impressive enough. you certainly need to read more SF....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jan 12, 2009 9:11 PM

Jan 2009
nice sci fi plot who knows this discussion can influence future generation of scientist to create telephatic technology so that world peace will be achieved and probably will add something to the internet technology now

and i agree the GN particles has hidden purpose who knows it might turn setsuna completely to somewhat an ace pilot on par with the coordinators of GS and GSD
like his genetics will evolve by the constant effect of the massive amount of GN particles
that will give his nerve impulses efficiency and it will turn to super quick thinking and super quick reflexes and not just reading the mind of an opponent to anticipate its next move
degJan 12, 2009 9:17 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.